Football Manager 2016 - 16.2.0 Official feedback thread

i find it worrying that people complain about things that arent a problem, like through balls from the centre of the park and strikers not scoring enough goals, both problems are debunked in my current save, season 8 my amc playmaker finshed with 25 assists and my lone striker scored 64 goals.....which again worries me the next match engine is going to be an absolute disaster.

I wouldn't worry. If it's genuinely an issue - in SI's eyes that is - then it should be fixed, and will be to the best of their abilities. If it's just tactical and/or bad luck, then it won't. They're not just going to take who shouts the loudest and do what they want with the ME. The injury system is testament to that.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wouldn't worry. If it's genuinely an issue - in SI's eyes that is - then it should be fixed, and will be to the best of their abilities. If it's just tactical and/or bad luck, then it won't. They're not just going to take who shouts the loudest and do what they want with the ME. The injury system is testament to that.

yes i really hope so, because alot people are to quick to condem patches, there are some things i do agree with like the crossing being slightly overpowered and to accurate imo, especially from wing backs. but as i pointed out not everything complained about is so cut and dry, my example i used took 8 seasons of gameplay to finally see the power of central through balls, where most people quit after 1 season then complain.

i find it worrying that people complain about things that arent a problem, like through balls from the centre of the park and strikers not scoring enough goals, both problems are debunked in my current save, season 8 my amc playmaker finshed with 25 assists and my lone striker scored 64 goals.....which again worries me the next match engine is going to be an absolute disaster.
64 goals from a lone striker has to be an issue. :D

64 goals from a lone striker has to be an issue. :D

i wouldnt say so since this is the first time in 8 seasons that ive had a striker get anywhere near this kind of tally, but surprising enough due to his prolific season my wingers who normally get 20 to 30 goals each btw have had a significant drop in there return in terms of goals but increased there assist tally, basically my striker has scored the majority of my goals this season.

He's at the top of the game with Spurs. And is Captain. He IS the man. I guarantee Monaco won't top his wages, we are the richest club in the world, so that's not a reason. If he wanted a new challenge there's an option for him to say that. If he was homesick and wanted to go home, there's an option for that. There is no way moving to Monaco is a good career move for him. The only clubs I'd accept as that for him (in my game world) are Barca, Real, Bayern, Juve and maybe PSG. None of those want him. No. It's a team who finished 5th in Ligue 1 and are on course for the same this year. There's no logic in this, so please don't try and make excuses for the game. Interaction is STILL a mess.

EDIT: It should also be noted that his only favoured club is OGC Nice (supporter). Guess who their fiercest rivals are? Yep, Monaco.

Considering that you have a capable backup, AND that Monaco are finishing 5th, he is not so important to you (his backup could easily step in) and Monaco are probably in desperate need for a GK (making him vital). Would that explain it?

i wouldnt say so since this is the first time in 8 seasons that ive had a striker get anywhere near this kind of tally, but surprising enough due to his prolific season my wingers who normally get 20 to 30 goals each btw have had a significant drop in there return in terms of goals but increased there assist tally, basically my striker has scored the majority of my goals this season.

After 3 seasons (the period of time it took me to develop young talent, and constantly be in the semi final/final of the UCL) my striker started scoreing 82, 76, 87 goals. right full back finished with 36 assists. I play an Inside forward and a winger, they dont have more than 16 goals a season. All this comes down to how overpowered crosses are.

One minor issue that's riling me is that there is little benefit in having a member of the coaching staff doing two jobs. For example, I can have a DoF have a secondary role as a coach, but this takes up a place of the allowed coaching staff, when it actually shouldn't. If I'm allowed, say, two coaches and one DoF, the fact that the DoF also coaches should mean I'm still allowed two coaches. Otherwise, what's the point?

I'm currently testing a lower-league database thingy, and I've employed an Assistant Manager with the secondary role of HOYD. The only benefit of doing this is that it saves money in the staff budget that I'm allocated, yet I can't use this budget elsewhere amongst coaching staff.

The benefit is in saving your club money, in the lower leagues this is imho much more important than long term player development.

Another factor is you might not be able to find a suitable candidate for a specific role but have good enough option already at the club so you offer them a dual role.

As with everything decision there is an element of compromise to consider, your job is to weigh up the pros & cons before making a choice.

I wrote this in another thread, but the right place is maybe here:

I play with Dortmund and I'm in the 2018/2019 season and I'm swimming in money. The budget for the next season is almost 250 million € (transfer+wage open). I may be successful (going to win the Bundesliag 3rd time in a row now, but not really in the UCL) for a Dortmund side, so that the sponsorship money raised, but that is a sum, that will never be reached by Dortmund. The same is going on with other clubs in the Bundesliga, like Schalke, who are spending 50 million in one season (out of my head). It's almost like germany got the same tv-deal like the premier league! This is taking the fun out of the game, for me at least. There is no point to go from germany to england, when the money is already the same. I just signed Pogba for the next season and have enough money to buy Gaya and Goertzka, too.

It would be nice, if SI could look over that again, maybe even before the next patch comes out.

Anybody else having problems with the AI cheating transfers? This is the second time i need to pay more.

A player from Internacional accepted offers from two top spanish teams and Arsenal for 2,3M+ euros and for me they demand 10M+ euros to accept.

http://oi68.tinypic.com/2jdhyms.jpg

http://oi63.tinypic.com/2ufzj9y.jpg

http://oi65.tinypic.com/vesub4.jpg

The '+' suffix indicates that their offers include additional clauses & payments above the £2.3m up front fee, open up negotiations with a locked £2.3m up front & a few additional payments then see how you get on.

Anybody else having problems with the AI cheating transfers? This is the second time i need to pay more.

A player from Internacional accepted offers from two top spanish teams and Arsenal for 2,3M+ euros and for me they demand 10M+ euros to accept.

http://oi68.tinypic.com/2jdhyms.jpg

http://oi63.tinypic.com/2ufzj9y.jpg

http://oi65.tinypic.com/vesub4.jpg

Deos that £10 Million include clauses?

I imagine Arsenal have offered a percentage of the players next transfer fee

That's why I'd recommended locking the up front fee to £2.3m so that it matches the offers already in, much more likely to get to the fee you want.

Right now the AI is trying to run up the value of late bids, I believe there is a bug in the strict application of this which is why the AI are starting negotiations at such a high level.

It's not really a late bid, you can see in the pic that my transfer was rejected and the others were accepted, i was actually the first one to bid.

Tried again and they rejected to continue negotiating and asked for me to make an offer, they rejected it:

EDIT: Renegotiated higher but even then they don't want to accept, even if it is higher than Renes or Leganés offer.

EDIT2: Yeah dude, very annoying when the AI simply doesn't want to accept my offers unless i offer ridiculous money.

EDIT3: Restoring links

Inbox_Inbox_104.png

Inbox_Inbox_105.png

Inbox_Inbox_106.png

Inbox_Inbox_107.png

Tarso_Transfer_Transfer_Offer.png

Tarso_Transfer_Transfer_Status.png

• SI Staff

I play with Dortmund and I'm in the 2018/2019 season and I'm swimming in money. The budget for the next season is almost 250 million € (transfer+wage open). I may be successful (going to win the Bundesliag 3rd time in a row now, but not really in the UCL) for a Dortmund side, so that the sponsorship money raised, but that is a sum, that will never be reached by Dortmund. The same is going on with other clubs in the Bundesliga, like Schalke, who are spending 50 million in one season (out of my head). It's almost like germany got the same tv-deal like the premier league! This is taking the fun out of the game, for me at least. There is no point to go from germany to england, when the money is already the same. I just signed Pogba for the next season and have enough money to buy Gaya and Goertzka, too.

It would be nice, if SI could look over that again, maybe even before the next patch comes out.

Hey Mr. Moran,

Consistent Champions League money may well account for a large part of this, but if you have a save illustrating the issue could you please open up a post here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/524-Other-Gameplay-Issues - along with uploading the save and we can take a look.

Cheers,

Seb.

This is so true.

I'm playing with Dortmund too and I can basically buy whatever I want. I spent 120mil euro on William Carvalho and still had like 80 mil left in TB :lol:

This is so true.

I'm playing with Dortmund too and I can basically buy whatever I want. I spent 120mil euro on William Carvalho and still had like 80 mil left in TB :lol:

Has the Bundesliga also received a huge TV money deal similar to the EPL? I remember reading something about it in the newspapers a while ago.

Has the Bundesliga also received a huge TV money deal similar to the EPL? I remember reading something about it in the newspapers a while ago.

In game, I don't think so. But prize money for league position is huge. Champion gets 106 million I think. Second place is around 80mil and so on.. Plus my Dortmund has about 130 mil per year in sponsorship money. So,it's basically every june 200 million at once in your account.

Dortmund start the game with £95m in the bank balance (only Bayern, Man Utd and Arsenal have more), no debts, the biggest attendances in the world, big sponsorship deals and a relatively low wage bill compared to the super rich clubs. So with consistent success they should be swimming in cash.

In game, I don't think so. But prize money for league position is huge. Champion gets 106 million I think. Second place is around 80mil and so on.. Plus my Dortmund has about 130 mil per year in sponsorship money. So,it's basically every june 200 million at once in your account.

I second this, prize money for league position is brilliant! Loads more than the BPL. As far as I remember, too, the prize money goes up in 2nd or 3rd season..

The benefit is in saving your club money, in the lower leagues this is imho much more important than long term player development.

Another factor is you might not be able to find a suitable candidate for a specific role but have good enough option already at the club so you offer them a dual role.

As with everything decision there is an element of compromise to consider, your job is to weigh up the pros & cons before making a choice.

All of this makes sense, but then say for example I am allowed two coaches and a DoF. I can't then offer my DoF a dual role as a coach because there are already two coaches at the club, even though this wouldn't have any impact on the budget for my coaching team. You may disagree with me, but I think a little more flexibility when building a backroom team would be good.

Why are there so many vacancies? Looks like a custom database issue to me.

Yes indeed, i'm using English Level 10 Database and managing Southam who are in Level 9 Midland Premier Division..

Im doing really good in the league that's why and I don't want to leave Southam.. maybe to have an option to reject any job interview will be good.

Not sure if this is a bug or if I'm missing something but I'm playing as Middlesborough in the Chapionship (3rd season into the game) and Stewart Downing wants me to accept a bid for him from a team in the 'Qatar Stars Leage' as it would give him a chance to test himself in a better division. Huh?

Resigning doesn't affect your rep score so that pretty much is the I'm leaving option.

I do agree that that it would be a bonus if that option was available earlier but given the potential downside of players not giving their all for you I don't think anyone would use the option once they realise there's no upside.

Resigning does however mean that in job interviews and press interactions you have to explain why you resigned. "Came to the end of my contract" is not an available response. The annoyance factor is exacerbated by bigger teams' unwillingness to negotiate contracts. As an example, Bayern proposed contract talks with me at £49.5kpw for 4 years, then cancelled negotiations after a counteroffer of £55kpw for 4 years. Really there's no upside to any of the contract negotiation situation at present. It's just a screen that you click accept on.

Resigning does however mean that in job interviews and press interactions you have to explain why you resigned. "Came to the end of my contract" is not an available response. The annoyance factor is exacerbated by bigger teams' unwillingness to negotiate contracts. As an example, Bayern proposed contract talks with me at £49.5kpw for 4 years, then cancelled negotiations after a counteroffer of £55kpw for 4 years. Really there's no upside to any of the contract negotiation situation at present. It's just a screen that you click accept on.

I have been able to argue my wage up a little, but it's not really by much, and boards definitely seem very reluctant to negotiate. I know it would make it different to how negotiations work in the rest of the game, but in those cases you should really be given a final non-negotiable offer rather thn effectively being locked out of contract renewals because you asked for a little too much.

Stop with the continual patch questions before infractions, commence and try applying a little logic?Transfer windows are only JUST finishing in certain places when they are ratified the DB work still has to be quality checked.

Then the release has to be rolled out.

That's just my take on it and I've probably missed something :D

So as we keep saying it will arrive as soon as it can, until then patience please.

I have been able to argue my wage up a little, but it's not really by much, and boards definitely seem very reluctant to negotiate. I know it would make it different to how negotiations work in the rest of the game, but in those cases you should really be given a final non-negotiable offer rather thn effectively being locked out of contract renewals because you asked for a little too much.

Part of the bigger issue is how nonsensical it is.

I'm managing Bayern right now. Our cash balance is approximately £160m. My transfer budget is £140m. I have the authority to spend 87.5% of the club's bank account, but they won't give me an additional £500 pounds per week. I can spend £8m on an 18 year old from the US who's never played for the first-team, but if I want a three-year deal instead of four, that's totally unacceptable.

On the Bayern note, there is something weird with German transfer budgets. I started the season with £21m in the so-called war chest. Sometime after the August window closed and the January window started, it increased to £34m. Then I got a notice saying that my budget was increasing due to improved financial circumstances; it went up to £42m. In January, I sold Javi Martinez for £27m. After the January window closed, I got another identical notice that raised my budget to £140m. Looking at the graphs in the financial and boardroom tabs, I don't see anything that would indicate any changes in the financial stability of the team.

Here is an issue which is very annoying..

In my third season with my Wimbledon save, Wolves relegated to League 1 so I applied and they accepted...

Danny Bath had a minor concern about been relagated and he was unhappy along with some other team mates..I sold most of them and kept Bath since he was very good and my captain also...Hoped that if I return to the Championship he will be ok but...not

He was happy on how the team played in the league etc but still unhappy at been relegated last year...Still he is not willing to renew contract..At the end we won the Championship and went up to the Premier League..Still unhappy at being relagated(wow that relegation hurt him a lot) and ofc he is not willing to renew comtract even now that we are in the top division and he leaves on a free......Serious bug...

Part of the bigger issue is how nonsensical it is.

I'm managing Bayern right now. Our cash balance is approximately £160m. My transfer budget is £140m. I have the authority to spend 87.5% of the club's bank account, but they won't give me an additional £500 pounds per week. I can spend £8m on an 18 year old from the US who's never played for the first-team, but if I want a three-year deal instead of four, that's totally unacceptable.

On the Bayern note, there is something weird with German transfer budgets. I started the season with £21m in the so-called war chest. Sometime after the August window closed and the January window started, it increased to £34m. Then I got a notice saying that my budget was increasing due to improved financial circumstances; it went up to £42m. In January, I sold Javi Martinez for £27m. After the January window closed, I got another identical notice that raised my budget to £140m. Looking at the graphs in the financial and boardroom tabs, I don't see anything that would indicate any changes in the financial stability of the team.

With reference to the contract situation, please add your comments , with a save game if possible, to this thread where I have been bringing this up: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/451588-16-2-unbelievable-contract-offer-from-board

Stop with the continual patch questions before infractions, commence and try applying a little logic?Transfer windows are only JUST finishing in certain places when they are ratified the DB work still has to be quality checked.

Then the release has to be rolled out.

That's just my take on it and I've probably missed something :D

So as we keep saying it will arrive as soon as it can, until then patience please.

I was not complaning that the patch isn't out yet. It take the time it takes and I have no problem with that. My point was that we have late feb. now so it would be very nice with some info on how the work is going and are we talking days or weeks to release

I was not complaning that the patch isn't out yet. It take the time it takes and I have no problem with that. My point was that we have late feb. now so it would be very nice with some info on how the work is going and are we talking days or weeks to release

And we KEEP telling you that nobody can tell you that, look at every previous year and you will see the same thing.

As soon as it's ready it's released, there IS NO "progress report" except FINISHED. :)

They are working on it... Some transfer windows have only just /about to just close...

They can't logically give a time of completion as the work is still going on, this includes work on the code too..

It's really bad business to give a deadline only to fail it...

You've been a member since 2003 and you still don't get this yet? Come on guys...

We can all reasonably be sure it's going to be out at some point fairly soon, based purely on previous years of release etc.

Crosses once again. 27 games played in scottish league 2. 57 percent of all goals from Crosses. Certainly hope they look into this with next patch

Yup identical goals will hopefully be addressed.

(You know the one a bog standard cross landing perfectly at the feet of the attacker)

Archived