Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.1.4

There really does need to be some work done regarding player happiness/interactions. Falcao signs for Man U. 5 weeks later, after the first game of the season, he asks to leave for first team football.

In my team, Balanta is complaining that he isn't getting first team football, yet it's pre season and he's been playing.

When saving my tactics i get this once again:

4-4-2 Diamond Narrow Kop_935F4E6A-E586-462B-8781-FB49E2B9FAC6.fmf

Help how can i save my tactics? :confused:

Anyone else have this problem?

Maybe related, maybe not - I'm having trouble importing tactics that I have saved. They don't appear in the archived tactics as in previous FM versions, and in the import list there are many different versions of the tactic (presumably a new one every time I changed it and saved it?)

Have to say I am loving this edition so far, have invested a lot of time in it and it is by far and away the best edition i have played. Just want to thank you guys at SI for all the work you put in to it. One little issue i am finding is with club reputation, so I am york who have been promoted to the championship, and some players won't enter negotiations with me but then will sign for clubs a league below who are smaller like lewis mcgugan going to mansfield for example. That is my only little gripe but apart from that i am loving the new game it's more challenging as it should be and it makes building a really small club up more realistic with the problems you face.

True, but it was miles better in the last two games. It's gone considerably backwards in this game, which is disappointing. Dare I suggest they're trying to be too complex with it?

Expanded player interaction is fine, after all that's probably how it works in real life, but it has to be based on logic. At the moment, there's too much of a disparity. It's the most disappointing aspect of this year's game at the moment.

Interactions made more sense in the previous versions. However, it has always been very unrealistic that you almost never had any issues with any players in your roster, therefore making it very easy to maintain and develop a strong squad. At least right now there are issues , even though sometimes they don't make any sense :)

Yes, this needs to be looked at, but I hope SI won't revert back to every player being happy. If I am managing a small club and have success, I want a few of my top players to take their chance to move to bigger clubs and won't even be interested in listening to what I have to say. If I tell them 'we will reach your ambitions together in this club', I don't want the player to become happy. I want him to say 'great, but I can't wait that long, sorry, either let me go or I'll be upset forever'. Some players you should not be able to retain. This should depend on their character of course.

I'm just moderately irritated that I have people with the Backup squad status who're injured complaining that they aren't getting time in the first team.

Moved here as requested

First, let me say that you guys do a great job on these games. This post is not to insult or say you suck, it's just to offer improvement suggestions to make the game even better. I buy the game every year no matter what and am hooked like the rest of the population. There are just a few issues that frustrate me that I would like to see fixed or at least debated. As this is not a technical issue because there is no problem with how the game runs, I decided to post it here. I hope this is okay.

1) The thing that has so far frustrated me most is that attacking speed seems to mean nothing. By this, I mean, in most occasions (I can not remember an occasion where this did not happen), when a player has space to exploit, they jog into it and allow the opposition to catch them and spoil the move. For example, so many times, a full back will get sucked up and in leaving space behind him for a winger. My player will play the ball down the line to that winger. That winger will have nothing between him and the byline. All he has to do is sprint full speed and throw in a cross or go to goal. However, every time that I can remember, he jogs slowly down the line until the full back or center defenders or even a holding mid can recover. At that point, then he will try to use his speed and go. However, most times it is taken from him or his cross is blocked and the move is ruined. I would like to see the players taking space much more wisely.

2) Unrealistic, almost insulting transfer offers for my players. I know you get this a lot from people with unrealistic, incredibly lofty expectations of how much their players should be bought for. This is not that case. In my career, in my first season with Southampton, I bought Alexander Dragovic for $17.25 mil. He has a very good debut season and is a key player for a team that finishes 5th in the Premier League. The following summer, AS Monaco comes in and offers me like $12.5 mil for him, most of it in installments. My club was not in debt, the player was not unsettled or transfer listed (until they offered and he decided he wanted to be paid a bunch) and his value was something like $20.5 mil. I understand if I am trying to get rid of him or we are in debt, yes maybe a club would low ball me because I might be desperate. But to offer significantly less than I paid for him just 12 months later after he had a great season makes no sense.

3) One issue that keeps happening in every game that is annoying for lack of a better word is when your team is performing below expectations and about every single player wants to have a personal conversation where they say the exact same thing and you have to assure each and every one of them that it is okay and we will be fine. Can it be fixed so that just the captain approaches or the team wants a meeting? It seems like each time I press continue, a new player is popping up and saying we are under performing. Even key players that have been out for the whole season up to that point with an injury want to complain.

4) Playing time recognition needs fixed slightly. I had a player request to start more games. I say okay. I start him in the next two games and he unleashes a nasty tackle on someone which gets him sent off and a 4 match ban. When that ban is set to end, the player comes and says I broke my promise when it was impossible for me to play him because he was suspended.

5) This one is seeming to be a real problem for me and really really gets me unusually angry. There is something wrong with offsides recognition on the game and it needs fixed because it has literally cost me two games. I know refs are not always right so I forgive close decisions. However, these were unbelievably poor. In one of them, my player sends in a cross and another player kicks it in. The ref calls offsides. I look at the replay. No players inside the box are offsides at any point in the entire play. In fact, three different defenders are keeping them onside by literally body lengths. In other words, there was significant space between the attackers and the three last defenders. It wasn't like it was kicked and the player then burst beyond the defenders with a perfectly timed run so that it looked like he might have been offsides. He didn't catch up to the defenders until the ball was there and at that point he just cut in front of the player and kicked it home. I went on to lost 4-3 and was knocked out of the FA Cup (I saved the match as proof if you want me to upload it somewhere). In the other case, it was similar, a cross went in and my player started about one body length behind the defender and jumped up and headed it in over him. The ref blew for offsides. We draw 0-0.

6) This year's addition is the first time I have had this issue and I have noticed I am not the only one with the issue. In this year's game, the goalies have no urgency. When they save a shot, they act like they just woke up from a long nights sleep and are trying to work their way out of bed. In real life, when a goalie hits the ground, he is popping up as fast as possible for the possibility of a rebound shot. In the game, he acts stunned and lays there for a second, or in the case he didn't hit the ground, he stands there frozen as the shot goes past him. It's just unrealistic

7) In the same category as goalies, I have noticed in this game that the well known/world class goalies make a lot of mistakes and miss routine saves and the goalies which I have never heard of in my life are supermen and unbeatable. Maybe it's just me. Last year, I played Tottenham and destroyed them 4-1. Hugo Lloris was absolutely dreadful, dropping balls into the goal and kicking it straight to my players. Then I play Newcastle and draw 1-1 with Rob Elliot in goal. I have 20 shots, 11 on target and he's flying all over the place saving them. I played Shrewsbury in the Capital One Cup and only won 1-0 because their goalie was incredible as well. I know there was another game where a team had to player a youngster that I remember thinking "just shoot the ball because he will let one or two go in because he's terrible) but he was like super man too. I know there is a fine line because in previous games, weaker goalies were unrealistically terrible for a professional. There should be some middle ground.

8) Way too many balls hit the post. Maybe it's just me again but I swear, my team would go undefeated if the post counted as a goal. I had to have hit the post 50 times last season, I'm not exaggerating. The ball just always seems to find the post. I'm not sure why.

9) Last but not least, I would like to see the scouting of US players improve. It has slightly but it is very slow and frustrating. Mexican players are rated very well and are miles better than the US. However, in real life, the US always competes with them. I remember even when Clint Dempsey was scoring goal after goal for Fulham, his ratings were very poor. Obvious ratings that would jump out if someone just watched the players one time are missed such as Matt Besler's long throw, DeAndre Yedlin's speed, and Joseph-Claude Gyau's speed, Graham Zusi's set pieces/crossing, etc. I remember DeAndre Yedlin won rookie of the year in the MLS, then the following year's game rates him so poorly (FM14)that he is sold by Seattle to some semi-pro US team. His speed was like 12 I think? Joseph-Claude Gyau's speed until last year was like 10. You have fixed Matt Besler's throw and rated him pretty well and fixed Joseph-Claude Gyau's speed and Yedlin's speed and Zusi's set pieces/crossing but it's simple things that shouldn't take two years to figure out if they are just watched a single time. Maybe you need a designated US scout (or more of them if you have one)? Anyway, as I said, Yedlin's speed is fixed but he is still rated very poorly overall. He was one of the stand out players in the World Cup and when he came on, the US was instantly more dangerous. He shut down Eden Hazard (yes he was not too fantastic for the whole World Cup but still) and frequently got down the line and threw in a dangerous cross. I think even his current speed still isn't fast enough. He ran Eden Hazard down from behind twice but on the game, his pace is only 1 more than Hazard and his acceleration is the same. He supposedly runs a 10.1 sec 100m which is faster than a fair amount of Olympians ran the 100m in the London Olympics. His position isn't always great in real life, he's not great in the air, and sometimes he gets caught too far forward but he's extremely fast, he usually plays in a good ball, has a decent first touch and is a capable tackler who is all over the man that is running at him. He's very determined. He has a lot more potential than the game shows at least in my opinion.

Anyway, those are all the issues I have seen with this game. Like I said, I love the game and appreciate the work you guys do. These are just minor issues that would make the game even more fantastic. I still love playing it even with these minor issues. Thanks and have a good day Sports Interactive team!

Interactions made more sense in the previous versions. However, it has always been very unrealistic that you almost never had any issues with any players in your roster, therefore making it very easy to maintain and develop a strong squad. At least right now there are issues , even though sometimes they don't make any sense :)

Yes, this needs to be looked at, but I hope SI won't revert back to every player being happy. If I am managing a small club and have success, I want a few of my top players to take their chance to move to bigger clubs and won't even be interested in listening to what I have to say. If I tell them 'we will reach your ambitions together in this club', I don't want the player to become happy. I want him to say 'great, but I can't wait that long, sorry, either let me go or I'll be upset forever'. Some players you should not be able to retain. This should depend on their character of course.

Yes, I definitely agree that player interaction should be more tricky to navigate through, but it also has to make some sort of logical sense, and at the moment it's faltering badly in this regard. Must be a bit of a nightmare to program effectively though with so many different combinations and situations. One thing that would definitely improve the 'moaning because of not playing' issue is not to count missed games for players when they are at the 'orange' injury status. I would never risk playing a player until he's fully recovered, but when you look at the form page, as soon as the injury goes from red to orange, the games he doesn't play in are no longer counted as 'injured', just 'not selected', and this clearly counts towards games where the player feels he should be picked. Fix that, and it's a start.

Im in my 3rd season with Sparta Rotterdam, now in the Eredivisie. When i try to sign a Brazilian (or Colombian) player, or renew the contract of an existing Brazilian player in my team i can only offer wages of 6.5K, 7K or 7.5K. I cannot go any lower or any higher its one of those 3 choices.

Its a bit odd as i already have 3 Brazilians who i signed on free transfers who have wages of 1.6K, 1.9K and 2.3K so something has happened recently. I can offer any contract wage to European players.

Octavio's kicking off 'cos he wants a payrise but he's only on 1.6K at the moment Im sure he'd take 2K if i could offer it!! He's not having 6.5K!

Sound like a bug? Is it known?

Sorry, I don't quite see what the problem is?

On the tactic screen just click the drop down menu on the tactic you want to save, then click the save button :\

One thing I've noticed is alot of offside goals given, from free kicks. Not direct free kicks. They are crossed in from either flank, headed in, and given offside. Rightly so, but it just seems to happen quite often.

One thing I've noticed is alot of offside goals given, from free kicks. Not direct free kicks. They are crossed in from either flank, headed in, and given offside. Rightly so, but it just seems to happen quite often.

I agree with this. It's not a big deal that people are offsides sometimes, it's a big deal that the attacking players start from miles offside and make absolutely no attempt to be onside. I had a free kick the other day and there was a pause in play so they were all set up but waiting for the ref to let them kick it for like 30-40 sec. The entire time, 3 attacking players are standing a full meter beyond the defense just hopping around like Per Mertesacker does on corners IRL. then the ball is kicked to one of them, he heads it in and of course it's offsides. Just seems unrealistic and silly. It's a complete waste of a chance as well. And when you see them offsides, you know that's who the ball will go to so you can just go grab a drink while it happens haha

I am now having issues with the search engine (for players) - it takes really a lot (like 6-8 seconds) to produce any results and it is really frustrating. No matter if it is a new search or just a small modification in the filter parameters (like reducing technique from 14 to 13 for example) the same waiting time applies.

Does anyone have this and/or has it been recognised as an issue?

Started a new LFC game with the new update. Great work SI. Played 3 months now and don't have any issues (I don't look into things in too much detail - I don't know where people get the time from to do that!)

Although because I have a great save on FM14 I am playing them side by side , 3D medium graphics on a £500 laptop....

Yeah, this is a known issue which SI are aware of, and looking for more examples of. If you have the time to upload examples to the Bugs forum, it will help to get the matter resolved.

as far as interactions go, okay I want it to be more complex. If you have two great players fighting for one postition there should be some unhappy heads. but why is there no answer for my 2nd choice wing back (who will play for sure at least 20-25 games per season) like..okay you're not first team but you'll play a great number of games in the course of the season. Because now, I can only tell him like you'll play cup competitions..so ofcourse he will be unhappy with this..there's no way i can tell him i'll use him the way i actually do.

I've asked this question in a separate thread, but wondered if someone on the official feedback thread might be able to help? I'm managing both a club and national team, and in the past the player search screen has always had filters that say 'Exclude players ineligible for national team' and 'Exclude players already in national pool'. Now though, these options appear to have disappeared. Am I being blind? Have they been moved to another screen?

Most of the disallowed goals are goals where the finisher receives the ball from the middle after a trough ball.. But allowed goals are never scored like that. Always a cross/pass from the flanks.

Most of the disallowed goals are goals where the finisher receives the ball from the middle after a trough ball.. But allowed goals are never scored like that. Always a cross/pass from the flanks.
I marked in bold the part that is total crap. After only 3 friendlies and 2 competitive matches in my new save (started after 15.1.4 update), my team has already scored 4 goals from a through ball from the middle.

Having problems offering a contract to a player, he is listed as a 'key player' and when I go to offer him a contract his agent says he is not interested in discussing a new contract, okay fine.

I then talk to the player and warn him I will transfer list him if he does not sign a new contract, he then says he will discuss a new contract as he does not want to leave, he only wants the best deal he can get, okay fine.

For a month now I have tried to offer him a contract and every time the agent says he is not interested, I have spoke to him 3 times and each time he says he will discuss a new contract but we are just going in circles.

There is also no option to ask him to leave his agent, I don't want to lose the guy but it seems something is not working as it should.

I've asked this question in a separate thread, but wondered if someone on the official feedback thread might be able to help? I'm managing both a club and national team, and in the past the player search screen has always had filters that say 'Exclude players ineligible for national team' and 'Exclude players already in national pool'. Now though, these options appear to have disappeared. Am I being blind? Have they been moved to another screen?

Go to scouting, then click "show filters" just under the continue button.

Go to scouting, then click "show filters" just under the continue button.

That's where I'm looking, but the options have vanished. Just tried starting a new game and they've reappeared. Looks like it's something gone wrong with this particular save. Fortunately, I haven't gone too far, so I'm not losing much by starting again.

That's where I'm looking, but the options have vanished. Just tried starting a new game and they've reappeared. Looks like it's something gone wrong with this particular save. Fortunately, I haven't gone too far, so I'm not losing much by starting again.

You should probably share that file and/or screen shot with SI in the glitch section so they can patch it up.

And Steam?

Ask on the Steam forums, or raise a ticket with their support guys. Either way SI wont be offering you any money back.

Something else I'd like to see tweaked is strikers shooting from extremely tight angles instead of knocking it across the face of goal when a team mate is in a great position. All they do is whack it against the post. Even strikers with high teamwork do it.

as far as interactions go, okay I want it to be more complex. If you have two great players fighting for one postition there should be some unhappy heads. but why is there no answer for my 2nd choice wing back (who will play for sure at least 20-25 games per season) like..okay you're not first team but you'll play a great number of games in the course of the season. Because now, I can only tell him like you'll play cup competitions..so ofcourse he will be unhappy with this..there's no way i can tell him i'll use him the way i actually do.

I agree. It would be nice if there were more options for the promises you can make, such as

a- cup games

b- cup games and/or a few league games

c- cup games and/or 1/3 of league games

d- cup games and/or 1/2 of league games

Something else I'd like to see tweaked is strikers shooting from extremely tight angles instead of knocking it across the face of goal when a team mate is in a great position. All they do is whack it against the post. Even strikers with high teamwork do it.

I have seen countless counter-examples of this in my game, and it is beautiful to watch, something the ME really missed in the previous versions. I have no idea why this is happening with your players.

I watch matches in 3D and I never see players bending the ball when crossing or shooting. Neither do the passes along the ground have any curl in them, everything seems to just be hit in a straight line. I could have sworn I saw balls being bent before the last update.

The match analysis screen doesn't seem to show many curling crosses and passes either.

I play on an older laptop so maybe it isn't powerful enough to show detail of the ball being bent and curled.

I have seen countless counter-examples of this in my game, and it is beautiful to watch, something the ME really missed in the previous versions. I have no idea why this is happening with your players.

I'm not saying it happens all the time, but no striker is going to shoot when the ball is right on the byline. Yet I've seen my strikers do it when a pass is on.

I'm not saying it happens all the time, but no striker is going to shoot when the ball is right on the byline. Yet I've seen my strikers do it when a pass is on.

Kanu did it once - even scored.

I watch matches in 3D and I never see players bending the ball when crossing or shooting. Neither do the passes along the ground have any curl in them, everything seems to just be hit in a straight line. I could have sworn I saw balls being bent before the last update.

The match analysis screen doesn't seem to show many curling crosses and passes either.

I play on an older laptop so maybe it isn't powerful enough to show detail of the ball being bent and curled.

Can't say I've noticed any either. They've maybe removed them after all the issues with the balls curling in all manner of unrealistic ways. Maybe the curls are just more subtle now.

Really annoying when players start complaining about first team football before the season even starts. Not to mention the hot prospects that have like 2 or 3 silver stars for rating and is in the u-18 squad that demand first team football and are not interested in loandeals.

When I press continue it does not advance, it just goes to the MLS draft combine page and I can holiday till the next day but after a few days the same thing happens, I've uninstalled

and reinstalled same problem. I played nearly 4 years with no problem then in January 2018 it started happening, anyone?

When I press continue it does not advance, it just goes to the MLS draft combine page and I can holiday till the next day but after a few days the same thing happens, I've uninstalled

and reinstalled same problem. I played nearly 4 years with no problem then in January 2018 it started happening, anyone?

Could you start a thread here please http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/443-Football-Manager-2015-Crashes-Technical-Game-Launch-and-Workshop-Issues

Can't say I've noticed any either. They've maybe removed them after all the issues with the balls curling in all manner of unrealistic ways. Maybe the curls are just more subtle now.

Not removed, certainly improved, see what I did there? ;)

anyone experienced slow loading when searching/scouting page?

very very slow, all other screen is okay only on Scouting page.

Have you accumulated loads of scout reports? if so try deleting some.

just ordered the game, got a good christmas deal on cdon.com. 178 danish kroner = rougly 17 £

I´m anticipating a christmas patch, so i thought what the hell.

I´ve asked this a couple of times,and it hasnt really been mentioned a lot, but what are your experiences with Ai squadbuilding? Iirc there was some sort of new platform, where the ai would use roles or am i mistaking?

Its definetly too late to ask, if its worth a punt ;)

Not removed, certainly improved, see what I did there? ;)

I still see ball being hit with a curve, not excessive but certainly a wee bend in it, what I am seeing a lot more is ittle flicks with the back of the heel etc teckers as some might say, puts a smile on my face when I have a couple in a mutli passing move which leads to a goal. In fact I found myself giving the team a little clap after such a goal was scored last night, then I realised it was only a game but the build up and goal was superb :)

Still seeing too many players just shooting anywhere in the box, even though there are 3 men in front of them, they still shoot, the ball seems at times like a magnet attracting players to it, almost like a kids kick about where they all go after the ball, it's too unrealistic, it's as if the players see nothing around them even when they have high vision stats, they just shoot for the heck of it.

The ME is not so bad but could be better..

-There is too much injuries in game.. I'm having to make at least 1 or 2 subtitutions because of injuries..

-Still too much woodwork

-Far post crosses are causing too much goals.. Defenders are just watcing during the position.

-Most of shots bounces from GK and opponent players tips it.

-Players reacts a bit slow. Sometimes they don't run (or running vert slow) to take the ball near them and waiting the opponents.

I'm not a native speaker sorry about that if i made a mistake :)

What do you guys do to hold on to a lead? Because if I try to shut up shop it seems the opposition turn into Barça 2009, they always know how to do to turn it around, but if I'm trailing, time goes by faster than a weekend in August.

What do you guys do to hold on to a lead? Because if I try to shut up shop it seems the opposition turn into Barça 2009, they always know how to do to turn it around, but if I'm trailing, time goes by faster than a weekend in August.

Fresh legs at the back and/or midfield.

Cool! What about instructions? I go for all of the defensive ones at once but sometimes it seems that's worse than doing nothing!