*Official* Editor Feature Requests

Max Clayton-Robb

Hello,

I only registered here to beg please please please include the abilty to create New Playable Nations (+ Languages & Currencies) that can be added to existing (club & national) continental competitions. Without the need to overwrite existing "extinct" nations or remove current e.g. UEFA members from competition.

Ever Since I first played CM4 back in the day, I've wanted to be able to include Cornwall as an independent, playable Footballing nation, with entry into UEFA club & country competitions, but not at the expense of an existing nation.

Or even, maybe just include a few "spare" Nations etc. in the database/code for that purpose.

Or Just add Cornwall & Cornish to it so I can finally make the dream come true.

Thanks For otherwise perfect games & great editors year after year.

Tomaz Ordovic

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really want FM to support multi-nation pyramids

Its getting really old seeing the Whitecaps as a top team in the United States, that's just not fair to us in North America, we share leagues. IE the NHL is the top league in the pyramid of Canadian + American ice hockey, and the MLS is the top Canadian, and top American league for soccer.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2016 at 03:22, gibbo11 said:

Definitely some kind of .csv import tool to save the creation inside the Editor itself, which can be quite meaty when producing mass leagues/players.

+1

The current editor isn't a particularly good tool for creating large fantasy projects from scratch.

Hi

R+D team, please make it possible for editor users to edit the structure of leagues without changing their rules. For example, I want to expand the A-League to 20 teams with two conferences but it's impossible to do so without removing all the leagues rules including the salary cap and contract specifications.

• 1 month later...

There`s a thread for this? Nice, new editor features are the main thing I want for new FM games. Anyways, the things I want...

Ability to actually edit competitions. It`s kind of annoying having to completely recreate competitions rather than being able to just edit what`s already there. I think that can be circumvented to some extent by switching to advanced rules, but I don`t think that works for international competitions which are also the hardest to recreate from scratch.

Able to edit/create competitions in game. Competition rules change as time goes on and they also come and go. Would be great to be able to use the in game editor to make those changes as the game world advances. Would especially be useful for leagues such as the MLS to be able to expand the league and add new teams.

• 3 weeks later...

I know there is a feature in the create new club in FM17 during the  pre game to create/add a player to DB set up but in a limited way,as it is only for the club you are creating

can the option to add/create new players/people during a game as per the add manager tab this would allow us to add players as they come through the academies to run alongside the generated regens etc

could be an option in real time editor+

the option to add future transfers/loans/injuries with transfer fees taking place not just swapping players between clubs

setting up a transfer to mirror real life if you want to using the pre game editor

One simple change to the editor would my life make a lot easier.

Whenever you add a say city to a club via search, it will be the last item on your list of used cities. Putting the last one on top makes more sense.

I would like to see the simple ability to +1 or -1 notch on all or individual player abilities within the editor. Presently if you want to increase by 1 (or decrease) you need to type in the new number in full. 

On 9/28/2016 at 11:51, rusty217 said:

Able to edit/create competitions in game. Competition rules change as time goes on and they also come and go. Would be great to be able to use the in game editor to make those changes as the game world advances. Would especially be useful for leagues such as the MLS to be able to expand the league and add new teams.

This is a big one, as far as I'm concerned. I adore the editor, probably to the point where it's my favourite part of playing FM - editing a league or whatever and watching it come to life - but the ability to expand leagues over a period of seasons would be fantastic!

On 10/21/2016 at 07:26, Luke Cro said:

has anyone seen fm17 editor or is released on november 4th??

It will be only available on November 4th and we are likely to see on that day the list of features of FM17 editor.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually I found 

that

In order to search players/club or other... NOW there is the filter-auto... (not as in the past) that's very slow.. You should remove this as default... in order to let the search more simply

2 hours ago, van helmut said:

Actually I found 

that

In order to search players/club or other... NOW there is the filter-auto... (not as in the past) that's very slow.. You should remove this as default... in order to let the search more simply

Oh yes, it is really really annoying! Please redo it!

Edited by Kruj

Hi Max, I'd love to see a stadium editor for the 3d-match engine as especially in lower leagues they often don't look like the real thing (way too big mostly). Preferably in the in-game editor, as I'd like to 'correctify' all the stadiums in the league I play in at that moment (not knowing where my lower league journeyman save takes me beforehand).

I imagine some sort of block-structure from which one can choose different kinds of stand-blocks for each side of the pitch, all bounded by the total capacity of the ground. So shape, width, capacity, seating, terracing, roofing, tiers, that sort of stuff, can be arranged by the editor (which would be us). 

And very important for the lower-league experience:  sides without stands, just spectators standing behind boarding. I'm not sure they exist in FM at the moment. Not in the custom Welsh lower league I play in at the moment at least. 

In addition to the stadiums I guess the surroundings (probably some easy to pick standard scenes) could be easily incorporated in this editor.

Thanx!

You added "Most Goals in a Season" to club records in the game, but didn't add this record to the editor.

Hopefully this will be added in later patch.

EDIT: Also missing, is the option to edit which season for "Top League Goalscorer" under club records.

Edited by Jilech

I wonder ... why in all FM version... there is all times between a file of old version and new version...

In the past there weren't fmf... but now that the files are all fmf ... why for example if you load a fm16 file with fm17 editor... and after save it... a lot of failed...

And not all ok...

5 hours ago, van helmut said:

I wonder ... why in all FM version... there is all times between a file of old version and new version...

In the past there weren't fmf... but now that the files are all fmf ... why for example if you load a fm16 file with fm17 editor... and after save it... a lot of failed...

And not all ok...

Because they made changes to the editor and to the game. 

Not quite a feature request, but something about a feature that was introduced.  I see there's now an option to randomly assign home and away kits and colours to teams.  This has made me unreasonably happy when doing large scale editing.

Aside from that, the absolute must from my perspective is one others have mentioned.  Some kind of tool to bulk edit.  Doesn't matter if it's using CSV or by making the existing XML a bit less opaque, it would allow people to mass create huge editing projects.  For three versions now I've had a spreadsheet mapping out changes to every single nation in every single confederation around the world, along with clubs, cities, stadiums etc to effectively make a total conversion of the game.  But entering it into the editor is incredibly tedious.  If I could bulk add the less exciting parts, it would give me more time to actually edit the finer details, and mean I can actually play it, rather than get some way into it, get bored, then abandon it while telling myself "next year"...

On 9/11/2016 at 19:41, KUBI said:

Because they made changes to the editor and to the game. 

I think it's bored for any editers to re-make all year the same files.... When with perhaps a fix.. You can satisfy all of them...

For example..  many problems there are when you create players/staff...  because of different version of the DB....  so the new players overwrite for example a retired player with the same ID 139463----

WHy not changes for example ID for new players created?

So We shouldn't create massive db all years....

(example Japanese db... or wonderkids db..... )

3 minutes ago, van helmut said:

I think it's bored for any editers to re-make all year the same files.... When with perhaps a fix.. You can satisfy all of them...

For example..  many problems there are when you create players/staff...  because of different version of the DB....  so the new players overwrite for example a retired player with the same ID 139463----

WHy not changes for example ID for new players created?

So We shouldn't create massive db all years....

(example Japanese db... or wonderkids db..... )

create all data in excel and i will help you to transfer it into editor.  i create 1500 new clubs for 2 hours

Another item to add... in the editor

ADD the position of the player as default... (there are nation, club, wage.... but not the real position... AS GK)

It's easy because you can do it manually with a file in the editor..  but it should be as default

6 hours ago, kingrobbo said:

cant see why this can be done in game too, even for something as simple as a player search copy his details and paste in search bar of game

I have a database with a oad of errors from previous attempts, i'd like to be able to just extract the now known working teams/comps/awards and stuff into cleaner file.

3 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

i keep everything in excel and transfer it in editor with script. 

Wish i'd thoguht that far ahead.  pity you cant list the errors is givens you in the vaildation section so you can go in a fix them line by line.

17 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

post #4

Never mind, got it.  Had another look at the XML for all the objects and it isn't quite as obtuse as first thought.  Got a python script with jinja templates creating a file that edits all the nations, and adds about 500 clubs, cities, stadiums etc.  A whole lot quicker than editing manually.