Match 15 - Belgium V Algeria - 17:00 BST - Group H - ITV

CaptainPlanet

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some massive over-hyping, boasting and over-anticipation, I really have the feeling all the pieces are set for a massive disappointment.

My gut says 1-1 and if we really disappoint 0-1. But in spirit of the tournament and a hopeful start I'm going for a 2-1. Our tempo needs to go up compared to the previous games though.

Friendlies are just that, friendlies. Also we did look impressive against Sweden. Only the match against Tunesia was disappointing, which was to be expected with no-one wanting to get injured.

You can count on them being fired up for this.

Algeria has good forwards, Slimani is tall and good at headers, Ghilas is a powerhouse with a good shot, Soudani is skilful.

Some decent midfielders too, on a good day they might surprise. The centre-backs and keepers look a bit dodgy though.

Algeria have vowed that they are no longer the dour anti-football merchants of 2010 and now have more firepower to attack teams.

So they might park the bus a bit, but probably not as bad as Iran. Depends whether they fancy their chances more against Russia/South Korea if they can try and avoid defeat today.

Belgium: Courtois, Vertonghen, Van Buyten, Kompany, Alderweireld, Witsel, Dembele, Chadli, De Bruyne, Hazard en Lukaku.

Dembele instead of Fellaini or Defour.

Chadli instead of Mertens, Mirallas or Januzaj.

Van Buyten instead of Vermaelen or Lombaerts.

apart from that no real surprises.

Archived