Football Manager 2014 - Update 14.3.1 Update FEEDBACK THREAD

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As we've said not every single fix is listed in the changelist. What specific issues haven't been fixed which you've already encountered in 14.3.0?

There are also other issues under review but not fixed in the latest patch.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/381541-Not-sure-if-it-s-a-bug-or-it-s-by-design-but-age-limits-on-clubs...-Reviewed

3 minutes into the first match and a long ball over the top sees my GK take up ridiculous positioning 15 yards away from the goal and lined up with one of the posts, with an easy finish for the opponent.

Also, what was already a yellow card-fest for me in the last patch has already seen the increased dribbling result in 5 yellow card and a red..... in the first half.

I should add that in general things are much, much MUCH improved in terms of the players performance and decisions. I'm just really worried about these cards. As I'm typing this, just got my second sending off. Down to 9 men.

• Administrators
3 minutes into the first match and a long ball over the top sees my GK take up ridiculous positioning 15 yards away from the goal and lined up with one of the posts, with an easy finish for the opponent.

Also, what was already a yellow card-fest for me in the last patch has already seen the increased dribbling result in 5 yellow card and a red..... in the first half.

I'd suggest playing a few more matches before judging it, but we appreciate you taking the time to raise what you've seen so far.

• Administrators

Unfortunately given how late it was raised in the cycle and the relative low priority of the issue it was not fixed. Given time constraints and the fact we're not a massive studio, unfortunately not every single issue can be fixed. Sorry if this has effected your game in any way.

When entering a specific number for salaries during contract negotiations, you end up with a totally different number once confirmed. You're forced to use the pre-set amounts og use the very inaccurate "+" and "-" option. Amazing that such a bug managed to slip through the beta. Did no one buy new players or renegotiate contracts just once during beta? Guess we'll have to settle with odd numbers in all contracts *sigh*

Do you have any Player or Team Instructions which influence the way your team tackles / Closes Down?

I do keep hassle opponents ticked but I finished the first match with 7 yellows and 2 reds. I was playing on counter mentality. That's the only instruction that really would affect anything, player or team.

Also there was a cross from outside the area that went literally one foot in front of my GK face, who was already standing AT THE GOALLINE, for a tap in goal at the far post. I didn't see any stupid bugs from the GK, but my keeper was pretty dumb in this first match. He has 16 decisions and 18 positioning.

Our match stats show that yellow and red cards are actually lower than real life. However, instructions such as Hassle Opponents will obviously see a rise in bookings etc, especially when coupled with high aggression players playing in aggressively defensive roles.

Ok, guess I can't play with hassle opponents with this team then.

David Connolly has gone on loan to Oxford United from Portsmouth, but he's still a Portsmouth player in this database, and is listed as a player/coach. Please point me in the right direction if I need to post transfer update errors elsewhere.

It's always worth re-evaluating your tactic after a new Match Engine comes out. In this case you may find that you no longer need Hassle Opponents set to get your team playing the way you want. The nature of the instruction is that it will encourage more tackle attempts and so a harsh referee could end up booking or even sending off a few of your players.

Had a few quick games and 1st touch is better with better passing in general( intelligence wise ), still too many shots from wide men but may be my tactics which I'll tweak a bit, defending set pieces seems less panicky and more organised and controlled, only thing that's really peed me off is a good few of the players I knew were very decent to buy on my Hibernian budget are now either not interested or now too expensive but that's what the data update does though. :(

Try deleting your preferences - http://www.footballmanager.com/faq/?game=38&id=218

Then delete your cache - http://www.footballmanager.com/faq/?game=38&id=217

Once that's done, reverify your cache and try the game again - http://www.footballmanager.com/faq/?game=38&id=221

I've tried setting the default folder and it seems to work. Now i'm moving all my 7GB graphics folder to the other drive...But is it something that needs fixing ? thanks anyway

David Connolly has gone on loan to Oxford United from Portsmouth, but he's still a Portsmouth player in this database, and is listed as a player/coach. Please point me in the right direction if I need to post transfer update errors elsewhere.

how long a loan if its short term it wont be included

Connolly should be on loan at Oxford in the latest DB (14.3.0). Are you sure you're using the latest update and not the Default DB when starting a new game?

Connolly should be on loan at Oxford in the latest DB (14.3.0). Are you sure you're using the latest update and not the Default DB when starting a new game?

Nope, it's definitely the 14.3.0 database. Another loan signing we've made from Preston (Nicky Wroe) is correct, for example, but I've made sure to load up the new database with a new save three times now, and Connolly is at Portsmouth, listed as a player/coach.

Unfortunately given how late it was raised in the cycle and the relative low priority of the issue it was not fixed. Given time constraints and the fact we're not a massive studio, unfortunately not every single issue can be fixed. Sorry if this has effected your game in any way.

I see.

Is there any chance it will be fixed in a next update?

2nd game I removed hassle opponents and my team just kind of walked around and didn't seem to try to win the ball at all. Huge difference with and without hassle opponents. Not sure if I can find a middle ground.

Also, in the 2nd game I had 2 own goals where defenders slid for a cross and put it in their own net. One of them was completely uncontested.

Either I'm having ridiculous bad luck in the first 2 games after the patch, or I'm going to have real problems enjoying the patch. Either way, i'm insanely frustrated right now and I don't have time to deal with the obsession that comes with revamping all of my tactics.

Is there a way to distinguish between direct and indirect free kicks in regards to setting up defensively?

I have set players to stand on the posts when defending a free kick, although I have just conceded a goal where a player took a direct free kick, around 20 yards out but because I had players stood on the posts, a player stood on the edge of the 6 yard box and flicked the ball in.

Obviously I know that I told them to stand there, and when we're defending a free kick from the flanks I do want them stood there. Just not from direct free kicks.

As we've said not every single fix is listed in the changelist. What specific issues haven't been fixed which you've already encountered in 14.3.0?

The continental fixture rules are not fixed (http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/373658-Cant-overwrite-continental-%28european%29-fixture-rules-Reviewed) and still the teams which qualify from champions league group stage to europa league knock out stage don't get rankings and thus the comp does not save the history

• Administrators
My fm14 demo wont load up. (I didnt get the full game or fm13 as I didnt enjoy it enough so managed to update fm12!) Now when I try to load the demo up I get the following message.

FM 2014 Demo v14.3.0.474772 (2014/02/08 17.15.15.45).dmp

Create a thread here and I'll try to help - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/360-Crashes-Game-Launch-and-Technical-Issues

• Administrators
The continental fixture rules are not fixed (http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/373658-Cant-overwrite-continental-(european)-fixture-rules-Reviewed) and still the teams which qualify from champions league group stage to europa league knock out stage don't get rankings and thus the comp does not save the history

Yeah it couldn't be fixed for this version, only for a future version of FM.

A few scouting problems..

*In the scouting screen, you cant right click on a scout and remove the current scouting country/area anymore.

*Is Italy in the central europe? I set one of my scouts to scout central europe, and he started off in Italy. In the previous patch Italy was in the southern europe.

• SI Staff
Nope, it's definitely the 14.3.0 database. Another loan signing we've made from Preston (Nicky Wroe) is correct, for example, but I've made sure to load up the new database with a new save three times now, and Connolly is at Portsmouth, listed as a player/coach.

Ahh, I see the problem here. The loan is correctly set in the database, but Connolly is also set as a player & non-player due to his coaching role with the U18s at Portsmouth. Therefore, the data extractor has not enabled the loan due to him being a non-player as well as a player.

I apologise for not identifying this error during the testing phase.

If you wish to use the editor to ensure this loan is included in a new savegame, then please amend Connolly's classification from 'player & non-player' to just 'player'.

Ok, guess I can't play with hassle opponents with this team then.

Sure you can, just also tell them to stay on their feet but if you have a lot of players with the always dives into tackles PPM then you want to avoid hassle opponents all together.

First impressions. Seeing fewer corners and more crosses getting past the first defender. First touch is very obviously improved. Attacking play around the edge of box improved? Maybe. I need to see more games, obviously, but the only stupid pass out of defence I've seen made me think the player was a muppet making a genuine mistake, rather than that something was bugged in the decision making. Again need to see more games, but some of the more obvious failings of 14.2 seem to have been addressed.

It'll take a lot more games to assess whether I like the way the ME is portraying the play, but as I've a losing streak to turn around I'll get plenty of opportunity to see over the weekend.

Overall - cautiously optimistic.

Archived