Football Manager 2014 - Update 14.3.1 Update FEEDBACK THREAD

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and so they should be and Goalkeeper mistakes, they are part of the game we love, like it or lump it really. I think some guys think everything should be perfect and get frustrated when players in the game make mistakes. That's football management for you, even if it does cost you in an important game.

Hi there, thanks for releasing the patch so soon. I seem to have a problem with my graphics folder, as my faces-logos etc won't load in any way, even if they were working until a couple of days ago. I don't use the default fm folder, but in the options my personal folder used for graphics is still checked..

I posted this in the data issues as well but it won't hurt posting here too. Norwich City seem to have accrued £23m of debts from nowhere on the 14.3 database despite not having any on 14.0. It seems that the debts have been reset to the level it was in FM13, despite being completely almost cleared in October 2013 and "correct" in 14.0.

£23m debt was external and this was changed in October 2013. I haven't checked the data but if that money is now owed to the chairman/owner/board then that is because in all likeliness they stumped up the £23m. If the figure hasn't been converted to shares or categorically written off by the owners then we have to put it in as a gift loan from the chairman.

£23m debt was external and this was changed in October 2013. I haven't checked the data but if that money is now owed to the chairman/owner/board then that is because in all likeliness they stumped up the £23m. If the figure hasn't been converted to shares or categorically written off by the owners then we have to put it in as a gift loan from the chairman.

In the data £21m is a bank loan and £2m a chairman loan, they are set as interest free. The board members at Norwich aren't rich enough to take on £21m of debt from the bank.

Just out of interest, why have these updates never included league tables and results that have happened upto a certain date I'm the season, say jan1st?

Too time consuming/big?

How would that work?

People continuing saves that had progressed beyond that point couldn't be affected, and people starting new saves would be starting from before the 1st January.

Results cannot be mapped to real life, due to bizarre legal / commercial issues.

Pre patch 91 players based in South America willing to join me. (Majority free agents/terrible players)

Post patch 91 players based....same as above. Not a single newgen based in South America, despite being bad will join me. All have no intention.

Playing as Rangers, consistently in UCL and Continental rep. SPL 10th in rankings.

So either it wasn't fixed or it's not save game compatible? Think it's similar issue to what Germany was experiencing. Just means no players can move from South America to my club, unless they first move elsewhere.

Hi there, thanks for releasing the patch so soon. I seem to have a problem with my graphics folder, as my faces-logos etc won't load in any way, even if they were working until a couple of days ago. I don't use the default fm folder, but in the options my personal folder used for graphics is still checked..

Could you try clearing your skin cache in Preferences please wiper

Pre patch 91 players based in South America willing to join me. (Majority free agents/terrible players)

Post patch 91 players based....same as above. Not a single newgen based in South America, despite being bad will join me. All have no intention.

Playing as Rangers, consistently in UCL and Continental rep. SPL 10th in rankings.

So either it wasn't fixed or it's not save game compatible? Think it's similar issue to what Germany was experiencing. Just means no players can move from South America to my club, unless they first move elsewhere.

Bad to hear that. A lot of countries have similar problem, I hoped they would fix it for all.

Sorry for creating a fresh new topic in bugs forum, and thanks for your answer. I may have just done that, but i should do it again as i've changed folder a couple of times to try solving it randomly lol.

I'll let you know if it worked, anyway it's quite strange cause it worked until a couple of days ago, and i haven't touched my laptop since.

Sorry for my english"

Are the ME fixes save game compatible? So like if I start a new game I will only get the January database in addition?

they always have been save game compatible, most fixes are applied but all fixes usually take effect at the start of a new season

beat to it :D

Whereabouts is your Sports Interactive folder located on your system?

It is located in D : \ Altro ( which is italian for "other" ). Inside of it, there are all the typical fm-folders, like games ( which works and is recognized ) , editor data, screenshots etc.

It is located in D : \ Altro ( which is italian for "other" ). Inside of it, there are all the typical fm-folders, like games ( which works and is recognized ) , editor data, screenshots etc.

Should I try using the default folder?

Early days obviously, played 3 games on full match highlights. All as Barcelona vs Real Madrid and I liked it. First thing I noticed was a huge improvement in first-touch and a much crisper short-passing game. It actually felt abit like an El Classico Derby. Barcelona playing some nice fast 1-touch triangles and Real countering with more direct passing and dribbling from Ronaldo. Full-backs appear less likely to 'buy' a corner and actually delivered crosses in even if the quality of those crosses still feel a little poor. IFK's looked a tad wasteful still & still had a few Xavi hoofs the ball clear moments but maybe that could be tightened up by minor tactical tweaks. Early days as I said but actually well pleased so far and looking forward to some major game play.

Forgot to mention that in the 87th min Alba crossed the ball into the box, terrible cross no curve nowhere near any of my players, straight into the arms of Casillas at the penalty spot who collected the ball dropped it at his feet and Messi ran in and scored. It was awful but a 2-1 victory away from home against Real so....

Played first match since update. Overall, very happy. Specific things I think have improved: first touches are much more realistic - the graphics have improved drastically for when they are 'poor' first touches, and also contests for the ball seem much more realistic. More to come after a few more games. Oh and I must say I'm not a fan of the new font for player names, but hey, it's a font, doesn't matter!

No changes to Regen attribute distribution?

I logged problems with attacking Fullbacks and with Bravery and Aggression for all positions. I was told that they were known issues but cant see anything about them being addresses in the change log. This is the final patch right does that mean they are just going to be left?

Only played one match so far since latest update and initial impressions favourable. Did not alter the tactics that I have been consistently playing and pleasing 5-1 home win. Attacking movement and passing seemed much improved. Corners also better and none of the poor corners going straight out of play that I had become used to. Defensive clearances at corners also seemed better directed. Before this patch, I was frustrated with the poor initial touch/control of my good quality players and this also seems to have been improved - there are still instances of this, as you would expect, but seem to be less frequent and less pronounced. Only downside really was my goalkeeper, unchallenged on penalty spot deciding to distribute ball, via kick (set to throw), to my DC who was midway between edge of area and halfway line. Unfortunately the opposition striker was just ahead of him and pass went straight to him. Striker duly ran on goal and beat my keeper. Hoping that this was just "one of those things that happen in real life" rather than a bug that I will be seeing more of. My board expect me to play possession football and I was pleased to see that the Possession Football issue seems to have been fixed and that it is no longer stuck at 50% in the Board Confidence section.

New font a great improvement (didn't notice any improvement initially but clearing cache and reloading sorted things...) - well done SI.

• Administrators
No changes to Regen attribute distribution?

I logged problems with attacking Fullbacks and with Bravery and Aggression for all positions. I was told that they were known issues but cant see anything about them being addresses in the change log. This is the final patch right does that mean they are just going to be left?

There were more fixes than just those listed. Thanks.

There were a lot of issues reported in the bug forum about the editor and how the game handles the rules and I have to say I'm DISAPPOINTED that 80% was not dealt whit.

I have been waiting for this patch so I can finally start on my project but...

This patch has been released at the worst possible time.

Just before my biggest ever game - Real Madrid at the Bernabaeu in the 2nd knockout round of the Europa League 2nd leg - as FC United.

If I lose the tie, I will blame SI and demand my cup winnings delivered to my door. In cash. Thank You

The update has completely WIPED the faces from all my players at Ajax. It wasn't even a facepack it were the original pictures but there gone and dont know how to get them back?

You're not the only one in that situation mate.

• Administrators
The update has completely WIPED the faces from all my players at Ajax. It wasn't even a facepack it were the original pictures but there gone and dont know how to get them back?

Try deleting your preferences - http://www.footballmanager.com/faq/?game=38&id=218

Then delete your cache - http://www.footballmanager.com/faq/?game=38&id=217

Once that's done, reverify your cache and try the game again - http://www.footballmanager.com/faq/?game=38&id=221

Hi there,

cannot update the game at the moment due to personal issues, but I do have a question regarding a problem which arose in one of my saves. There used to be a player who was with the France U23 Squad and was supposed to return in June 2029, but actually he never returned from international duty (Ingame time: September 2029). Anyone knows if this bug might have been fixed?

Regards,

Cooke

• Administrators
There were a lot of issues reported in the bug forum about the editor and how the game handles the rules and I have to say I'm DISAPPOINTED that 80% was not dealt whit.

I have been waiting for this patch so I can finally start on my project but...

As we've said not every single fix is listed in the changelist. What specific issues haven't been fixed which you've already encountered in 14.3.0?

Archived