Idea for FM15

I have an idea for the new Football Manager, and hopefully it gets some publicity and gets forward as I think it would greatly enhance the game.

Obviously to play Football Manager you create your manager and then take over your desired club...

However I think it would be a good option to 'Be a Manager'.

By this, I mean, you have the option to take over. So instead of having to create a manager and take over yourself, you can become a Manager.

For example, Manchester United. You can be yourself and take them over, leading to Moyes getting sacked/resigning whatever, or you can be David Moyes.

With this, you get his reputation, his liked persons, his disliked etc. This way you are able to carry on at the club as if it is realistic.

In FM14, if you want to take over at Chelsea, it means Mourinho is sacked, without completing one game. However, if you could be Mourinho, and carry on. Your reputation would mean you get more job offers, and you are more respected by the board etc. I think it would add a different dimension to the game?

What do you think?

Not for me.

The fun of the game is about ME being a football manager and exerting MY influence over a club. I don't want to be someone else, I want to be me.

How would the game be different if you were Mourinho compared to Moyes, really? You would still have your own principles and own way of managing, regardless of your name and your liked/disliked people.

How much would that cost in licences and so on?I never played these game but you could be going down that route

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Codemasters-Club-Football-Aston-Villa/dp/B00008RM9T

Can you set up downloads with the profile and attributes of each RL EPL manager and see how many downloaded it to get a idea on it's appeal?

I have an idea for the new Football Manager, and hopefully it gets some publicity and gets forward as I think it would greatly enhance the game.

Obviously to play Football Manager you create your manager and then take over your desired club...

However I think it would be a good option to 'Be a Manager'.

By this, I mean, you have the option to take over. So instead of having to create a manager and take over yourself, you can become a Manager.

For example, Manchester United. You can be yourself and take them over, leading to Moyes getting sacked/resigning whatever, or you can be David Moyes.

With this, you get his reputation, his liked persons, his disliked etc. This way you are able to carry on at the club as if it is realistic.

In FM14, if you want to take over at Chelsea, it means Mourinho is sacked, without completing one game. However, if you could be Mourinho, and carry on. Your reputation would mean you get more job offers, and you are more respected by the board etc. I think it would add a different dimension to the game?

What do you think?

I like this idea and maybe this can also be some sort of "difficulty level" as the better the manager the better situation you are in (morale, tactics, etc) player's won't have to build from scratch. Almost like a preset feature.

Guy's who don;t like to do so can still create from scratch..

Also one of the main reason I always start a save off as unemployed is because I don't want the real manager to get sacked. Especially in the past where I would never take over ManU.

I like this idea and maybe this can also be some sort of "difficulty level" as the better the manager the better situation you are in (morale, tactics, etc) player's won't have to build from scratch. Almost like a preset feature.

Guy's who don;t like to do so can still create from scratch..

Also one of the main reason I always start a save off as unemployed is because I don't want the real manager to get sacked. Especially in the past where I would never take over ManU.

It also makes very little sense if you want to manage a club that just hired a manager that season, say this season Moyes, hired in June, sacked in July....

It also makes very little sense if you want to manage a club that just hired a manager that season, say this season Moyes, hired in June, sacked in July....

Yup, not really a big deal though. I glad they added the little option to not include teams to manage who already have a manager. That was a neat little feature for someone like me.

Yup, not really a big deal though. I glad they added the little option to not include teams to manage who already have a manager. That was a neat little feature for someone like me.

Aye, not a major deal, just odd. I cant really see the harm in this idea, long as they keep the original way too.

You can kind of do this anyway. I dabbled a little last year at trying to revive some interest in the game by indulging in a little role play. Pick an ex-player who you want to be, delete them from the database (if they are in it), and set yourself up as a manager of a team. You can then decide how your responses will be depending on the player you have chosen, base how you play tactically on how you think they would play etc. In the end, this was not for me, but it is something that is possible.

Alternatively, you can always devise a personality for your manager. Do not just say the things you know will get the best results in the game. Make your manager be in denial about everything that went wrong, play stupid mind games, be nice and magnanimous to everyone. I kind of do this now. My current manager gets angry a lot when asked stupid questions in press conferences. Loses his temper when his players are playing badly. Sometimes alienates players who disagree with him over their form (because I do not ever back down). Has a wonderful feud going with Mourinho (he is a complete tool in the game, my manager will not tolerate his trash talking). It obviously isn't for everyone, but it adds a little something extra for me.

I personally just thought it would be a good idea...

Whatever club you want to manage, it saves the manager getting sacked, so you already take on his preferences, favoured people etc.

Obviousyly it should just be added as an option, so that people who want to be themselves can do?

No harm in having it as an option??

I have an idea for FM15, Clone a manager. Rather than sack Moyes, you just clone him and place him as manager of every team in the PL. Watch how turgid horrible football is played the whole season. Minimum 11398 crosses per game.

pC8jf5t4eWCDKcMu.jpg

I'm with the opinion that it's already possible, so wouldn't be anywhere near the top of the list of things to add to the game. I'm playing as current Thistle manager Alan Archibald, having removed him from the database. There are a few inconsistencies, but nothing huge.

I personally just thought it would be a good idea...

Whatever club you want to manage, it saves the manager getting sacked, so you already take on his preferences, favoured people etc.

Obviousyly it should just be added as an option, so that people who want to be themselves can do?

No harm in having it as an option??

But what are the benefits? You mention preferences and favoured personnel but how will this affect your game? If the game says my preference is a direct game but I prefer short passing, what will happen? How does favoured personnel affect the game? You can simply go to the press and make nice comments about people which will show you like them.

If you're going to just take on a manager's persona and all his traits, favoured style of play, favoured personnel, etc. then what is the point in playing the game at all? You may as well go on holiday and just watch the AI as it will be exactly the same.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

idea fm15

with our salary, we should be able to acquire / buy a club and become owners. after our career to be on the rise and enjoy a huge salary, devirtido would get our own club 3rd / 2nd or first division, or the team that we are training in case we have enough money to buy it. what do you think?

Yeah include more financial options in the game, like shares, licensing, dividends, gambling. lol Actually I don't really care, because I'll only be playing FM 2015 Classic. No bulldust team talks, advanced fiddly tactics, finances, training, just more of the CM01/02 style :thup:

I'd rather they spent time and money making a practical interface for the game than trudging around with an idea that's not in anyway remotely interesting.

I usually start off at a very lower league club and work my way up to the best clubs in the world. Shamrock Rovers - Sabella - Valencia - Lazio - Any Higher Rep Club - usually takes about 25 seasons. I make a point of not taking over a Real Madrid/Barca/Man Utd/Arse/ etc. that's too easy.

Anyway - I don't see the point of playing the game as a manager... where's the fun in that? Might as well play Pizza Tycoon and start off with 100 restaurants, or Who Wants to Be a Millionaire but give me the first question as the last question - or better yet I'll play as Chris Tarrant.

Then what do you do if you want to change club or resign after a season or two? Who will hire you or rather "David Moyes"? He's never managed outside of England, so his personality or rather his "adaptability" would be very low - so where to next in England?

I'd rather play the game as myself - as intended, it's called "Football Manager" not "Football Manager Clone"...

How did this go from carrying on as real life managers ingame, an ok idea to the boring, stupid and repeatedly brought up owner idea with wages? Not going to happen

I'm happy for all these "never gonna happen, come up once a month " ideas to be in one thread :D

I like to put myself in the game But it's option, it wouldn't hurt, just don't use it if you don't like it.. It's similar to those who put themselves high reputation at the start

Honestly i won't use the option unless i would coach top club, at least this make things more realistic, i didn't start coaching top clubs for years..

TBH no one on this site would be appointed United manager or Arsenal Chelsea Barca etc regardless if the current manager had been there for 1 day or 30 years

This is the problem SI have now with FM there really is little to be done to drastically improve the game they've only really been polishing the last few incarnations and im sure 15 with be the same.

This is why we get poor ideas like this banded around because what else can be done to drastically improve FM??

I don't think its a "poor idea". I do think people are being hard on the OP.

I think its a good idea... for another game i.e. a game where role-playing was more important.

Football Manager, as well as being about tactics etc. is increasingly about management and learning about that. learning about being yourself in a management situation and learning from that. Taking on another identity (Moyes, Mourinho, Wenger, Poyet etc.) would detract from what I suspect SI really want this part of the game to be about and end up being a bit of a cop-out as well.

hahaahaha one of the worst ideas I have ever seen!

Then you haven't been around long enough really xD

(that being said don't point at my own join date, I've had another account to which I lost my login credentials, lol)

I think the whole 'Be A Manager' thing is an okay idea. BUT... SI need to do so much more to this game that this idea should not happen any time soon. I'm still waiting for a more dynamical tactic creator, better ways to help my players progress in terms of training and communication and more and more manager options. I'm sick of falling asleep in press conferences because I'm getting asked the same questions every week.

Back to the tactics, the new roles and current ones are perfect but there's needs to be more emphasis on how you want your team to play. I've played FM14 for so long and I can't honestly say I know the proper meaning of every team instruction, simply because you don't really see the effects of every instruction, as bold as you would like. A good example of when I would like more emphasis on my tactics is when I want to go for a late winner. My usual options would be Overload, Go To Route One, Take More Risks and so on. I know when I employ those options that I probably won't get what I want but it's all I know. I would like different styles of play, like how you have different tactics. It would be the same setup but depending on the current scoreline and what you want you can tell your team to play with more urgency or to slow it down and waste time. I know there are shouts for wasting time but I don't think they work like we want them to. If I want to defend a lead for the last 5 minutes, I usually go to Contain, Retain Possession, Play Even Safer, Waste Time and so on. When I make these changes I notice most of the shouts are working but like in real life, if a team is defending a lead like this they simply try to keep the ball and not really try to go forward but in FM they try to keep the ball and still go forward. The definition of Contain according to the game to not try to score and sometimes I score goals in these situations and find it odd.

Every year SI makes interactions a fraction better. So maybe by 2025 everything we want will be there. In FM14 you have the options to talk to managers but there isn't much to say, unless you're in business with their club. Press conferences are overdue a re-vamp, we've had the same context of question since the press conferences were first introduced! It can't be that hard to come up with new questions and answers every year regardless of whether they're still in the same context as they were before. I already know what questions I'll be asked if I'm playing a rival team, a cup final match or if I've just signed a new player. PLEASE, re-vamp this! Press conferences should be one of the most important things in this game because it's one of the manager's only chances to express himself to the media, the clubs and the fans.

Actual board meetings would be nice, maybe once a month all the important staff can come together and input their ideas regarding pre-season tour suggestions, upgrades to the club and so on. Similar to how the backroom meetings take place or maybe in the form of a group chat would be ideal. Training needs to be more complex in my opinion. Simply setting what focus for each week takes the fun out of it. If I set my training to attacking for a week, I want to say one day we practice crosses and headers, the next day one-two passes and overlaps and so on. If we were granted more detailed options of how to attack then it would be amazing to see how your team ACTUALLY plays by your philosophy in a year or two. Individual training is fine. Mach preparation is also in need of some new features. I feel like these are the important parts of a manager's job but they're currently too basic.

Then you haven't been around long enough really xD

(that being said don't point at my own join date, I've had another account to which I lost my login credentials, lol)

haha I have been around long enough to spot a bad idea, it doesn't take a membership on here to notice such a bad idea, a 5 year old would have noticed this.

Archived