Playing FM with the girlfriend?

Since my Mrs refers to Football Manager as "Are you having fun playing with your dots" I really cannot see any point in asking to play. And as for FIFA she would probably beat me, I am that bad!!!

Hahaha, mine says exactly the same thing... Bitches be crazy!

The wife loves her football, even knew the offside rule before i met her, but trying to teach her how to play FM is a nightmare. she prefers the stupid games on FB and i leave her too it, the only time i get peace is when i play FM so im happy.

My fiancé often gives me the classics:

"Are your little men not doing what you tell them to?"

"i don't understand why you get so annoyed? it's just a game".

"you've been on that game for over an hour, you're obsessed" (An hour?!?! I'm just warming up.)

"why have you got a player called Kangaroo?" (Poor Giorgi Karagounis)

"i can't believe you get more excited about winning the champions league with Anderlecht than you do about getting married" (First ever Champions League win.)

She wanted to me to renounce FM as part of my wedding vows....i laughed. (we are still getting married and FM will very much be part of my life for the foreseeable.)

I've got a lot of respect that you are cracking out the CM01/02 disk 3 months into the relationship. Definitely get her on FM 2014, though no doubt she'll end up being better than you. Would be interesting to see a female approach to team talks and press conferences...

My wife doesn't like football, but she indulges my insistence me when there is nothing else on a League 2 match on Sky Sports might be worth watching. In return I don't complain when she wants to watch Keeping up the Kartrashians or Made in Poshville.

The same applies to FM, she doesn't mind me spending hours on my laptop as long as I pause every now and again to make cups of tea, or spend time with our son.

All give and take, but I seem to get away with it.

She loves her football and we been going out for around 3 months . We already play coop on fifa together and we messed about on cm0102 a few times and she seems to like.

So was just wondering if anyone else played the new FM with a partner either managing together or multiplayer and how did it go?

Which translates to "letting her be in charge."

Mine wouldn't understand the game if I did try to explain it to her and its good to have some different hobbies.

My fiancé often gives me the classics:

"Are your little men not doing what you tell them to?"

"i don't understand why you get so annoyed? it's just a game".

"you've been on that game for over an hour, you're obsessed" (An hour?!?! I'm just warming up.)

"why have you got a player called Kangaroo?" (Poor Giorgi Karagounis)

"i can't believe you get more excited about winning the champions league with Anderlecht than you do about getting married" (First ever Champions League win.)

She wanted to me to renounce FM as part of my wedding vows....i laughed. (we are still getting married and FM will very much be part of my life for the foreseeable.)

I've got a lot of respect that you are cracking out the CM01/02 disk 3 months into the relationship. Definitely get her on FM 2014, though no doubt she'll end up being better than you. Would be interesting to see a female approach to team talks and press conferences...

My missus did the half time team talk once when I went to the toilet.

I'm usually careful in what I say to the lads, she went in agressively shouting she expected more. Was losing at half time. Won the game in the end.

My missus is a keeper.

My girlfriend hates football, except for European and World Championships (that seems to be a common thing with Dutch women), but when she's is watching one of her horrible TV shows she's perfectly content with me sitting next to her managing my Ajax team :D

What is this "girlfriend" you speak of? Is it one of the new striker roles?

Yeah need someone with a good first touch, technique, bravery, determination, work rate, stamina and be a good finisher. Also natural fitness is a must. :)

Oh and hope she has a high hidden stat for dirtiness.

Yeah need someone with a good first touch, technique, bravery, determination, work rate, stamina and be a good finisher. Also natural fitness is a must. :)

decisions & positioning are a plus as well

And if you're in Italy, you want to make sure they're not co-owned

Best to avoid those with a high "tendency to punch".

Using these as desired qualities, the perfect girlfriend, according to FM, is...

35d8fo9.jpg

She loves her football and we been going out for around 3 months . We already play coop on fifa together and we messed about on cm0102 a few times and she seems to like.

So was just wondering if anyone else played the new FM with a partner either managing together or multiplayer and how did it go?

I will pay you for your girlfriend, sir.

I will pay you for your girlfriend, sir.

maybe we can do a deal at the end of the season.

[20:08:36] Hannah: hey you can sell me!

[20:08:58] lee lee: :D

[20:09:24] Hannah : I would like to be sold

[20:12:24] lee lee: **** !

[20:12:25] lee lee: lol

[20:12:56] Hannah: you would happily sell me!

[20:13:56] lee lee: if u dont meet expectations in your first fm season ill have no other option too !

[20:14:03] lee lee: (wasntme)

[20:14:19] Hannah: good i'll do crap on purpose then

When I started going out with my then GF (now wife) I was playing the likes of FM 2005 and it was the tail end of the year that FM 2006 was set to be released. She saw me really hooked on 05 and wanted to play. I said to her "I would be buying the new one when its released, you can have this copy of 05" She replied stating she intends on buying the new one! So we both had copies and would play side by side on our laptops and it was good to compare results and signings and stuff. This continued throughout 07 and 08.

She wasn't too worried by 09 since by then we moved into our first house and I would still find time to squeeze in FM but she would only play occasionally. Her love for FM stopped with FM10 as she tried it but it was really in depth compared to the classics of 06,07 & 08. I dont think it really appealed to her then so if FMC appeared then it may have kept her interested in the franchise.

Year on year I continue to show my loyalty to both her and FM but now that we have a 2 year old son she really doesnt have time to play (even pro evo or fifa like we used to) our time is taken up nowadays. She just thinks I'm sad now when I stay up after she goes to bed just so I can steer Swansea clear of a fall from grace in the prem for a second straight year!

Oh well, she may not play FM with me anymore but we both watch lots and lots of football on sky sports!

Year on year I continue to show my loyalty to both her and FM but now that we have a 2 year old son she really doesnt have time to play (even pro evo or fifa like we used to) our time is taken up nowadays.

What age are you going to teach your son how to play? Or have you already started?

My missus has been playing FM with me for many years now. At first she was wondering why I am shouting at a bunch of spreadsheets (That was back in CM0102 days) and then she joined in on the network game that I set up. It was coincide with her increased interest in football too. The last two years though her interest faded a bit. Both FM13 and 14 are a bit more time consuming than it was for the network game.

I have a 3 year old daughter who watches me play FM14, shes just learned 2 club badges Newcastle Utd (my club) amd Chelmsford City (my current save). My misses hates it but its got to be done. Now I've just got to get her to learn the tactics side and she will be ready for her own game.

• 1 month later...
What age are you going to teach your son how to play? Or have you already started?

He actually had his first proper football training having turned two. It will take so time to grasp the actual game if course but he can't half kick the ball with both feet!

I'll get him into FM one day too!

As a girl (I know, I know, keep it clean), I think I feel the opposite of your pain. My bloke isn't really fussed for football at all. Go figure...

There are a lot of blokes here that will take his place surely - you are female, like football - got something on most women!

My fiancée is a Man Utd fan, so she was merciless when we sold van Persie - instead of consoling me on the loss of our club captain, she just spent all day saying "haha, we got van persie" - she does not like FM though. Probably for the best really.

Archived