Football Manager 2014 - Full Game Feedback/Tilbakemelding 14.1.3

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Go back on line and verify your game cache integrity, then stay online at least until you have managed to set up and save your first game.

Post in the bugs forum technical section if you need further help.

I'm going through this because I have had six crash dumps. Could it be because I am messing around too much before selecting a team?

Edit: plus it happened on line too

I'm going through this because I have had six crash dumps. Could it be because I am messing around too much before selecting a team?

Edit: plus it happened on line too

Nbo way it's because of that. It takes me 5-6 six hours before clicking the first Continue after I've creted a game. Micro-management FTW.

I have no idea what that is. :confused:

C:\Users\Keith\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2014 Demo

However going of the error message it seems like the problem is its trying to find a folder named just Sports and not the full name Sports Interactive so make sure you copied the full line.

Alternatively go to C:\Users\Keith\AppData\Roaming\ OR C:\Users\Keith\AppData\Local\ and then click the Sports interactive folder if it keeps giving you the same error message.

C:\Users\Keith\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2014 Demo

However going of the error message it seems like the problem is its trying to find a folder named just Sports and not the full name Sports Interactive so make sure you copied the full line.

Alternatively go to C:\Users\Keith\AppData\Roaming\ OR C:\Users\Keith\AppData\Local\ and then click the Sports interactive folder if it keeps giving you the same error message.

It's already sorted, thanks anyway.

Im actually starting to enjoy the ME, despite its obsious mistakes like fullbacks marking and some CCCs being seriously missed, i have been able to create a playing style which im loving.

This is the key thing to my tactic which i learnt from watching barcelona in real life, its creating the triangle set up between your players, it makes your team unstoppable. In this game we won 0-6 vs Fulham and look at this screnshot:

6bi4.png

At the start of this goal my GK passed into the DL.

Triangle 1: DL - CML - CMR

Triangle 2: DL: CML - AML

Triangle 3: CML: CMR: AMC

Triangle 4: CML: AML: AMC

and as time moves on other triangles are formed. AML:AMC:FC for example.

[video=youtube;kCT01SqmgiE]

and now look at the goal:

You can see how easily we created a chance with simple passing.

Ps. i think alot of people dont spend enough time creating their tactics and sorting out whats wrong and actually spending time on the game and expect immediate results, which imo just doesnt work with fm14

If it's happening always, there's tactical things you can do to fight it. There's something in your tactic that is leaving far too much space for the AI to attack into. Having a read of the Tactics Forum will show you some threads that'll help.

Thanks Ackter, i'll try my best!!! :)

1. The ME

I have not played last years FM so this ME i saw was a real improvement from FM12. I really like that u cant create 10000000 cc chances per game and miss 99999999999 of them, but they are much rarer but also a lot easier to score which is good. BUT them corners man. Every corner i consed is a goal no matter the play attributes or opposition. I rarely score from them though i idk.........Also the fullbacks are like wingers they never tackle, they can dribble better then Messi on steroids they seem very strange. Also i think team talks and morale makes too much difference cus i have been dominated by teams with 10 times worse players then mine, i mean a gray player with all 10's dribbles my whole defense and scores a goal after goal but Balotteli seems he cant make a difference between the corner flag and the goal and every shot is very wide. My player attributes seem irrelevant on the actual play i see on the pitch.

2. Tactics

I really miss the sliders and i still think we should have the options of using them but also i agree it's more realistic without them. HOWEVER even when i used the Tactics Creator in FM12 i always checked how the sliders move so i know what shouts to use and when. We should be able to see team instructions and players instructions if not by numbers ( sliders ) at least by words for exp Wideness : Very narrow, narrow, normal and such on so if i play a standard strategy and want my team to player narrower i use the shout play narrow. But if i change to counter attacking strategy the team players more narrower by default so if i dont remove the shout my team is going the play very narrow and maybe i dont like that. I want them to play with same wideness as before but only change their mentality. I know this cus i know how the sliders worked in FM12 but a new player wont have this info so it gets very confusing. We NEED to be able to see how our team play if only with words so tactics can get easier now it feels like hit and miss and by changing strategy i change everything about how my team plays and i dont want that. Also they are too many player roles who are all too similar to each other, again i know this from FM12 and the sliders, and you cant just base your tactics on a few worded description on the role, we need to know what role does in detail so we can better tune the tactics.

Right. I've been playing fairly happily over the weekend, suspending my disbelief at some of the daft stuff in the knowledge that fixes are on the way. But having goalkeepers sent off two games in a row for handling outside the box is ridiculous. Being down to ten men cost me two games I was comfortable in. Okay, perhaps I could have combated being down to ten better tactically. But even so, being a man down gives the opposition a distinct advantage and the manner in which it has happened is something which renders the game borderline unplayable. How is something like this not noticed in testing and if it is (please tell me it was) then how on Earth can the game be released in that state? I know this is a known issue, but jesus.

Right. I've been playing fairly happily over the weekend, suspending my disbelief at some of the daft stuff in the knowledge that fixes are on the way. But having goalkeepers sent off two games in a row for handling outside the box is ridiculous. Being down to ten men cost me two games I was comfortable in. Okay, perhaps I could have combated being down to ten better tactically. But even so, being a man down gives the opposition a distinct advantage and the manner in which it has happened is something which renders the game borderline unplayable. How is something like this not noticed in testing and if it is (please tell me it was) then how on Earth can the game be released in that state? I know this is a known issue, but jesus.

It's a numbers game and not something that happens to everyone. For example, I've now played 10 seasons and have never had a goalkeeper sent off.

It's a lot rarer than you'd think and it seems certain tactical setups make it happen more often, so you can see why it may have been missed.

It's a numbers game and not something that happens to everyone. For example, I've now played 10 seasons and have never had a goalkeeper sent off.

It's a lot rarer than you'd think and it seems certain tactical setups make it happen more often, so you can see why it may have been missed.

You'll have to explain to me how the testing works then, if you're able. Presumably when testing the match engine various tactical set ups are tried out to ascertain the impact on the game? I've seen this a few times (although never twice in a row - I can accept that's an extreme example) and to me it seems pretty glaring.

You'll have to explain to me how the testing works then, if you're able. Presumably when testing the match engine various tactical set ups are tried out to ascertain the impact on the game? I've seen this a few times (although never twice in a row - I can accept that's an extreme example) and to me it seems pretty glaring.

No matter how many tester SI have, there will always be thousands more people playing the game with thousands of different tactical setups.

It seems pretty glaring to you because it's happening to you. Say SI have 50 testers (I don't know the actual number), there's no guarantee this would happen to any of them.

There's also the possibility it was found late and looked rare, so it made more sense to release with it than delay it.

Just wondering about a few things. Don't know if I've clicked something to make this not show up. I can see when a player is returning from loan in my news feed, but quite often I get side tracked and go and check something else. My game atm is not telling me that "player x has completed his loan and returns to team x". Pretty sure it did in fm 2013. If I haven't clicked something, then I'm wondering why this info is no longer in your news feed. We all know we were going to do something, then get sidetracked and forget about the first thing etc.

Just think players returning from loan should be treated like a new signing, so you can immediately set training instructions up again.

One other thing I'd love to see included in the game is a screen that lets you know if a player is in a position to be a tutor again. It's pretty onerus having to check them just to find the tutor option is still greyed out. Having it on a seperate page will enable us to not have to click and check each individual player who isn't currently tutoring.

Is there any reason I can not register a 16 year old player for my CL squad?

I play in Germany and I can not register him to play league games, a player needs to be 17 or older to play in the German leagues, I don't see any such rule for the CL though.

Is it because I can not register him for my league squad?

It could be that but seems a bit strange as it is a different competition.

Have you had a goalie get a yellow card for it in your 10 seasons? See, I just had my goalie get a one match suspension due to doing this three times, ergo 3 yellow cards. And that's in the first half of my first full season with 14.1.3. Care to tell me which tactical setup I've got that is causing this? I'd like to eliminate this from my setup if I can, because it's annoying as h... and it's very unrealistic. Come to think of it, I've never seen this happen in real life.

In all fairness I have played 8 seasons altogether, that is with different teams though, the most I have played with 1 team is 3 full seasons and now in my 4th.

I have seen my keeper being booked once in all that time for going outside the area with the ball in his hands, I am not sure what causes this to happen but having a keeper booked once in 8 seasons for handling outside of the box is certainly realistic.

It must be something else that is causing it for players to get it too often, I don't envy the SI guys trying to balance this.

In all fairness I have played 8 seasons altogether, that is with different teams though, the most I have played with 1 team is 3 full seasons and now in my 4th.

I have seen my keeper being booked once in all that time for going outside the area with the ball in his hands, I am not sure what causes this to happen but having a keeper booked once in 8 seasons for handling outside of the box is certainly realistic.

It must be something else that is causing it for players to get it too often, I don't envy the SI guys trying to balance this.

Player lower leagues and that GK issue happens very often. Almost every 4th game or so. Ive had GKers sent off, booked all the time, when i got a better GK and at a higher level im yet to see it.

Has anyone else noticed these oddities?

- When a winger has passed his full back and has plenty of time and room to cross, he's not allowed to cross, he MUST slow down a lot and wait for the full back to catch up. He can still make the cross frequently, but it seems like it's forbidden to cross unless the full back catches up first.

- A winger or anyone out on the wing near the line will frequently try to shoot the ball onto the defender, presumably in an attempt to deflect it from the defender and out for a corner. However, this NEVER succeeds, instead the ball will go out for a goal kick, or the defender will just grab the ball. I see this a lot, and it has succeeded literally zero times.

- When a winger has passed his full back and has plenty of time and room to cross, he's not allowed to cross, he MUST slow down a lot and wait for the full back to catch up. He can still make the cross frequently, but it seems like it's forbidden to cross unless the full back catches up first.

I've not seen this mentioned before.

- A winger or anyone out on the wing near the line will frequently try to shoot the ball onto the defender, presumably in an attempt to deflect it from the defender and out for a corner. However, this NEVER succeeds, instead the ball will go out for a goal kick, or the defender will just grab the ball. I see this a lot, and it has succeeded literally zero times.

I've seen this mentioned, though.

It's worth bringing both of them up in the bugs forum :thup:

This isn't a bug but really just an annoyance in the game, after signing someone does anyone else notice that not long after he joins the club he then drops his agent, yea cheers for that, I've just wasted a few thousand on agents fees and he goes and sacks him :(

This isn't a bug but really just an annoyance in the game, after signing someone does anyone else notice that not long after he joins the club he then drops his agent, yea cheers for that, I've just wasted a few thousand on agents fees and he goes and sacks him :(

He could argue he only needed the agent to get him a higher wage, Signs for club....Agent job done bye bye agent. But i do get your point

There is definitely something wrong with that folder search, so uninstall the demo, clear out the cache and settings folders and reinstall

I found and deleted the folder, but the crash dumps continued so posted in the bugs forum. When you say "clear out the cache and settings folders" which cache and settings folders are they?

Getting really fed up with the 1-on-1s. Ball goes straight into the keeper just about 100% of the time. When a highlight involves a 1-on-1 there's no drama because there's near certainty it will be a save. It really hurts the importance of creativity and clever passing because putting someone clean through is just about meaningless. Goals are almost entirely from crosses, set pieces, and goalmouth scrambles/rebounds. I really hope this is addressed in the patch/update/whatever as I do enjoy the game on the whole but this is really aggravating me.

Have to ask - what is the issue with current update? Haven't played since Beta, wanted to start tonight. Is it ME or some game-breaking bugs?

The ME does have some bugs but none are game-breaking in my opinion. Your mileage may vary too, I've logged around 300 hours and have never seen "the goalkeeper bug", have seen "the corner bug" a few times but not nearly as many as others have, and see "the trying to win a corner bug" almost 10 times a game, for example. I'm looking forward to the update mainly for a fix on the contract bonus issue (players ask for ridiculous bonuses when signing or even just renewing) before I start a long-term lower league save, but I'm still having fun meanwhile.

Why, when i'm champion of the league, some players (with less than 10 matches played) aren't awarded with the championship in the history tab? Doesn't make any sense.. It happens in the cups too, if one player takes you to the final, but for some reason he can't play, he's not awarded with the title.. As far as i know, you are crowned champion if you play at least one game in the competition

• SI Staff
Why, when i'm champion of the league, some players (with less than 10 matches played) aren't awarded with the championship in the history tab? Doesn't make any sense.. It happens in the cups too, if one player takes you to the final, but for some reason he can't play, he's not awarded with the title.. As far as i know, you are crowned champion if you play at least one game in the competition

This is the correct ruling according to the Premiership website:

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/fans/faqs/minimum-games-played-in-order-to-win-league-medal.html

Thanks for the answer, i didn't know that. But that doesn't apply to the cups i think..

And in my game, i was champion with five games to go, in the history tab the players were crowned champions.. But the ones who completed the 10 games after i was mathematical champion, don't..

This is nothing special but im a bit perfectionist, it's just a heads up.. Thanks anyway

Is there any reason I can not register a 16 year old player for my CL squad?

I play in Germany and I can not register him to play league games, a player needs to be 17 or older to play in the German leagues, I don't see any such rule for the CL though.

Is it because I can not register him for my league squad?

It could be that but seems a bit strange as it is a different competition.

You have to be 16yo to play I believe but you don't need to register U21s as they are automatically eligible.

I have noticed that a few times. Not all the time though.

Winger runs clear of the fullback then slows down, but doesn't stop, for the fullback to catch up and then he crosses.

About shooting the ball off of a defender for a corner is, i think, recognized.

Had one extreme yesterday in a game, which was a combination with waiting for the fullback.

Winger dribbled past the fullback. When he got to the byline he waited for the fullback to catch up.

When the fullback did catch up the winger dribbled again, away from goal. Ended up around 20 yards away from the byline

and THEN he whacked the ball onto the defender, trying to get a corner. Didn't work but the winger got the ball back and tried to whack it again off of the defender.

Needless to say, it didn't work. But i found it hilarious, although very annoying at the same time.

I have noticed that a few times. Not all the time though.

Winger runs clear of the fullback then slows down, but doesn't stop, for the fullback to catch up and then he crosses.

About shooting the ball off of a defender for a corner is, i think, recognized.

Had one extreme yesterday in a game, which was a combination with waiting for the fullback.

Winger dribbled past the fullback. When he got to the byline he waited for the fullback to catch up.

When the fullback did catch up the winger dribbled again, away from goal. Ended up around 20 yards away from the byline

and THEN he whacked the ball onto the defender, trying to get a corner. Didn't work but the winger got the ball back and tried to whack it again off of the defender.

Needless to say, it didn't work. But i found it hilarious, although very annoying at the same time.

Wide Midfielder / Winger (Standard) is slow down and waits for the FB - i notice this in 80% - the other 20% he is passing short to the midfileder.

This is the first time I've been disappointed in my experience with the game at release. Nothing has ever been game-breaking for me until this year, when during contract negotiations players ask for way too much in appearance fees and bonuses. Also, asking for lower team roles and then asking for a higher wage when I correct it. I've continuously let go of players to balance my wage budget but it's just not working. Scouting hasn't been great either, scouts take ages to come back with reports and they don't seem to find many players to recommend either.

I know that these bugs will be fixed but I'll probably have to start a new game and this is awful because I don't get much time to play this game and I tend to play one or two long term games for the whole year.

Archived