Football Manager 2014 Beta Update and Demo FEEDBACK THREAD

Anyone else noticed a total change in fullback ratings now?

Before the update, I thought they were maybe a bit high but now it's taking the ****. My fullback has went from an average of 7.23 prior to the update (playing around 7/7.5 range in 5 matches before update) to playing 4.6/6.1/6.5/4.5. That's f**king ridiculous.

In the 5 months prior to that he hadn't played lower than 6.8 but now, that would be an outstanding performance for him.

I have played quite a few games now and there does some to be a big dip in the fullbacks ratings, even when I win a game 3-0 at least 1 fullback will be below a 6 rating, the rest of the team will range from 6.8 up to maybe 8.5, regardless of who plays there, 1 if not both will have a terrible rating, even a game at 0-0 a fullback had a rating of 4.9!

The patch has made the match engine much better on the eyes, though this fullback rating is a bit alarming.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have played quite a few games now and there does some to be a big dip in the fullbacks ratings, even when I win a game 3-0 at least 1 fullback will be below a 6 rating, the rest of the team will range from 6.8 up to maybe 8.5, regardless of who plays there, 1 if not both will have a terrible rating, even a game at 0-0 a fullback had a rating of 4.9!

The patch has made the match engine much better on the eyes, though this fullback rating is a bit alarming.

Keep providing evidence of this, it may well be that the tweak has gone too far the other way.

I start a new game unemployed, with continental reputation, goes on holiday and post for all clubs... and I can tell you... you should carefully investigate because It's not working properly (big clubs no auto post and if you post manuelly no response) sorry for my English (Belgian french)

Players don't seem to react to the ball hitting them at all.

I can understand that if the ball comes flying at them that they might be slow to react, but I've noticed the ball hit a player, then that player stop for a second before continuing to run away from the ball. Strange.

Player search screen...

Scroll down some way...click on player...

Click 'back' and this brings you back to player search screen....but massively annoyingly, to the TOP of the list of players, not where you were in the list...

Will this be fixed? It's rather annoying.

Cheers

I've noticed there are now under 21 coach in the game for your club teams.

They can train first team, U21 and U18. Are they meant to be able to train within all three teams? I'm liking it if this doesn't change.

Also has there been any changes as to what determines a 5 star coach rating?

How do I work out if a coach is a 5 star coach without signing them?

One possible fix to crashes is to verify the game cache through steam. In your Library, right click FM14, select Properties, go to the local files tab and select "Verify integrity of game cache".

Can anyone help me out here:

I've got steam downloading the demo on my laptop but will only be playing it on my desktop pc, which unfortunately does'nt have an internet connexion.

Any way I can USB transfer the demo on my desktop pc?

I'm part way in to a season with West Ham, going reasonably well, but ive just played Southampton away and lost 1-0. Nothing strange there, but they had 38 shots against me. I'm playing a 4141 tactic that has previously gained me a draw at Anfield and a win at Hull (plus CL wins over Arsenal and Schalke in a separate Celtic save). I know Southampton are good but it seems a bit much. Just wondering if anyone else is having similar or if my previously successful tactic isn't what it used to be.

I'm part way in to a season with West Ham, going reasonably well, but ive just played Southampton away and lost 1-0. Nothing strange there, but they had 38 shots against me. I'm playing a 4141 tactic that has previously gained me a draw at Anfield and a win at Hull (plus CL wins over Arsenal and Schalke in a separate Celtic save). I know Southampton are good but it seems a bit much. Just wondering if anyone else is having similar or if my previously successful tactic isn't what it used to be.

I only use basic tactics but I still rebuild them from base after ME updates.

Can anyone help me out here:

I've got steam downloading the demo on my laptop but will only be playing it on my desktop pc, which unfortunately does'nt have an internet connexion.

Any way I can USB transfer the demo on my desktop pc?

You can transfer the files, but Im fairly certain you will need to connect to the internet via your desktop PC at least once, to verify the files.

Hi,

I'm in a holiday game to see how AI squads develop over the years. In the middle of this, I've noticed something against Testimonials.

Attendances seem to be very low. For example. Vidic plays his testimonial against Red Star and the attendance is 23k. I'm sure Old Trafford would be full for Vidic's testimonial. This might have something to do with opposition choice also. Perhaps Red Star wouldn't be a huge draw, and this is why many players don't pick former players as the opposition for testimonials. They usually pick teams who'll bring huge support (Celtic always used to get picked by English clubs for testimonials) or opponents who they've had memorable games against (Neville against Juventus). Although I'm sure this method would be hard to make work.

My next discovery is who do players pick for testimonials if they've been at the club their whole careers. I did notice Jonny Evans picked Sunderland though. (This was his loan club)

the beta is terrible since the update, im getting crash dumps left, right and centre

seems to be about once every week and a half in game (ive tried playing for about 3 hours tonight, im still stuck in pre season because its happening so often)

i played a whole season before the update with no problems

ive tried deleting preferences, checking the files via steam, changing from gpu to software etc etc etc

boooo SI boooooooooooo

• Administrators
the beta is terrible since the update, im getting crash dumps left, right and centre

seems to be about once every week and a half in game (ive tried playing for about 3 hours tonight, im still stuck in pre season because its happening so often)

i played a whole season before the update with no problems

ive tried deleting preferences, checking the files via steam etc etc etc

boooo SI boooooooooooo

Try deleting your cache and let me know if it helps, details here - http://www.footballmanager.com/faq/?game=38&id=217

yeh already done it doesnt make any difference

ALSO - where the numbers appear to show you have a new message, they have stopped appearing. and i have to click on my name (or another tab) to make it "refresh". so im having to click on other tabs to see if i have new messages

Can anybody tell me how to change the path of the graphics folder in the game so all the files I have from before show? There used to be an option like that in FM13, I cant find it now.

It would be very helpful because I can't transfer all the pictures from my D partition where they are now to C where the default FM14 graphics folder is :/

Good evening to anyone. After several games with the new update i have to say:

1)Too many long shots from outside the area. The players looks like they have nothing to do but shot. It seems the same problem like 13.3 patch. You can t see a through ball or a good pass inside the box...

2) The game is very attaking. Every team win the ball is trying to counter. One player takes tha ball and start running down the flanks.

3)Goalkeepers save everything

4) No one place the ball. Everyone shots with power

• SI Staff
How do you buy players who have certain % owned by an agent?

I had a transfer all set to go but can't complete the transfer due to agent wanting a certain amount for their 5% but there are no options to buy the 5% from the agent.

On the transfer confirmation news item was there not a 'Purchase All' option?

If not could you please start a thread in this forum and I will be able to help you further - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/349-Transfers-Contracts-and-Responsibilities

Cheers,

Ben

I think the match ratings for players took a nosedive across the board, my midfielder got two assists with a 90% pass percentage and received a measly 7.3 for his troubles.

It seems defenders are again unwilling to tackle and as a result I've been seeing increased scorelines.

• Administrators
yeh already done it doesnt make any difference

ALSO - where the numbers appear to show you have a new message, they have stopped appearing. and i have to click on my name (or another tab) to make it "refresh". so im having to click on other tabs to see if i have new messages

Are you SURE you fully deleted your cache as instructed? If this definitely didn't work, please create a thread on our tech issues forum here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/342-Crashes-Game-Launch-and-Technical-Issues

The inbox counter issue is one we're already aware of. Thanks.

What on earth is the criteria for the 'Possession Football' board confidence going up? My Barcelona team is averaging at least 65% possession every game and yet it's stuck on 50% meanwhile attacking football is on 100%. Apparently we're only displaying 'signs' of implementing a possession game...

• Administrators
Just had my first crash dump ever on any FM game.

What to do with the file created in documents?

Please try deleting your cache as shown here - http://www.footballmanager.com/faq/?game=38&id=217

If that doesn't work, then create a thread on our tech issues forum here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/342-Crashes-Game-Launch-and-Technical-Issues

Thanks.

3 things noticed so far after the update:

1.The widgets remember the positions now but are still linked to home team and away team instead of the actual teams.

2. My game crashed during a match. No crash dump. The game just exited with windows trying to find a solution. I need to test a bit more to see if it's a local problem or not.

3. After processing from one day to another the screen is "stuck" on the screen you had up before i clicked continue.

Example:

I read all the news and all that, then i click continue.

When processing is done the screen i left is the one the game returns to. I can't see any new news indicated.

If i press continue again the game updates itself with the newest news-items and all that is new.

Same going in to a match. Clicking "Match Preview" doesn't actually get me to Match Preview until i click it a second time.

I had the bottom thing as well. Worth posting it in the bugs forum if it hasn't?

Also, where can I find the average positions chart/screen?

• Administrators
Since the update, I've had 2 crash dumps in the matter of 10-15 minutes, done a lot of work in that time so gotta do it all again.

Try deleting your cache as shown here - http://www.footballmanager.com/faq/?game=38&id=217

Let us know if this helps. Thanks.

Try deleting your cache as shown here - http://www.footballmanager.com/faq/?game=38&id=217

Let us know if this helps. Thanks.

Only just saw your post from above Neil so just done that, will report back if it happens again!

Wonder if the save is knackered, as that's the only one it's done it on? I'd got it to save weekly so I must not have even done a week which is surprising.

Apologies if it's been mentioned before but since today's update, whenever I set an individual training role for a player on the overall individual player training screen, that player's row on the screen goes blank. The training itself updates, as going back a page and then forwards displays the updated training instructions, but when the selection is made the row itself turns blank.

Archived