SRL88

Nation: Germany, Spain, Italy

Division: Bundesliga 2 etc

European Competition: -

Media Prediction: -

Board Expectation(s): -

Transfer Budget: -

Finances: -

Other: Looking more for a team with a good fanbase, not much history in the higher divisions, decent facilities.

How about Real Oviedo! great story behind them. They were brought back from the brink of extinction by their own fans fund raising. Also they've created such talents as Michu, Cazorla and Juan Mata

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nation: Germany lower divisions

Division: Bundesliga 2 etc

European Competition: -

Media Prediction: -

Board Expectation(s): -

Transfer Budget: -

Finances: -

Other: Looking more for a team with a good fanbase, not much history in the higher divisions, decent facilities for generating youth.

St Pauli, Dusseldorf, 1860 Munich

Pescara from Italy too

Nation: Spanish, German, Italian

Division: 2nd division or poor top flight team

European Competition: no

Media Prediction: Moderate

Board Expectation(s):same as above

Transfer Budget:Loaded

Wage Budget: Loaded

Finances:Any

How about Forest? Have a good squad already with the new loan signings. They also have a great youngster in Jamaal Lascelles and a few others who look like they have been improved. £5m transfer budget about £25k left in the wage kitty. They're expected to sign high profile players. But if you ask for a meeting for philosophies to be changed in you original meeting. You might be successful in getting rid of that. Before the philosophies meeting, ask for the wage budget to be increased. It usually is.
Nottingham Forest would be a good choice frutloopz.
Nottingham Forest

Am honestly starting to think that you're a robot..

Nation: Any of the good European leagues(e.g Top 10-15 in Europe)

Division: Top,2nd(If it can be easily promoted,particularly because I usually get bored of a save easily and I wouldn't get anywhere near continental football with a low division club)

European Competition: No Continental football,Europa League(If in a worse league)

Media Prediction: Mid-Table or lower except if in a worse league

Board Expectation(s): Any

Transfer Budget: Don't Care(Not too high or too low)

Wage Budget: Don't Care(Not too high or too low)

Finances: Not too poor,not too rich

Other: A decent squad to build around(Depending on the team's expectations and prediction).Would also like at least average facilities.Feel free to say any

club which doesn't fullfil all of my expectations,I could have a look at them.

Nation: Any of the good European leagues(e.g Top 20 of UEFA)

Division: Top,2nd(If it can be easily promoted,particularly because I usually get bored of a save easily and I wouldn't get anywhere near continental football with a low division club)

European Competition: No Continental football,Europa League(If in a worse league)

Other: A decent squad to build around(Depending on the team's expectations and prediction).Would also like at least average facilities.Feel free to say any

Stoke

Sunderland

Aston Villa

Bolton

Hana Rostock (3.rd Liga)

Real Betis

Granada

Stoke

Sunderland

Aston Villa

Bolton

Hana Rostock (3.rd Liga)

Real Betis

Granada

I checked all of those teams and Stoke has caught my attention.I like having good GKs and STs and that's exactly what they have.Didn't like the level that Rostock is currently playing,don't like those spanish sides because they're built on loans,Sunderland's squad is decent but i didn't their debt compared to Stoke's as well as Bolton's debt is too high.Finally,I've tried Aston Villa but didn't like them so much except Benteke who was scoring a lot.

Edit:Will probably try Sunderland as well,they have great facilities.

Nation: Any of the good European leagues(e.g Top 10-15 in Europe)

Nottingham Forest?

I'd definitely recommend Brentford. Got them by chance in my save in 2015.

Here's the context: I've got Baraunas (a really small team in Northeastern Brazil) at the start of my save in 2014, and got them promoted from 3rd to 2nd Brazilian Division in my first season - squeezing in 4th place. The next year I earned glory in their State Championship (which is dominated by America-RN and ABC) - the second title in their history, and setup my challenge to get promoted to Brazilian first division. Fantastic season winning the Second Division on last match day and I was divided into trying to establish the club in the 1st division or to try something else. Iended up not renewing my contract due to very dire financial conditions offered (can't be a manager in game earning less than IRL if I intend to make a career of it :lol:) and also because I didn't want to go to the process of playing an inocuous 3rd tier State Championship in Brazil for the 3rd season in a row. I must tell you though that I followed my former's club fortunes in 1st and I was really sad after they were relegated - part of the season they were battling, but in the end it proved too big of a challenge and they finished next to last.

Once I left them before the start of the season I was invited by some 1st Division Brazilian teams to interview, but I do have a grudge against some of them (a Flamengo fan would hardly like to manage Vasco - the game should know that :herman:), and some of the interviews were unreal - why would a top flight club from Europe notice about a young manager in a small club in Brazil? I do have an American passport so my English - in the game at least - is good.

So I was talking to Internacional, big club in Southern Brazil and was pretty excited in joining them (great potential and good structure) - although somehow the game does not seem to make justice to its fan loyalty program (ie. season tickets), when Brentford came along with an interview request.

I decided to read about the team and was very impressed. Small club with some celebrity fans (Sky presenter, The Who's lead!, etc.), new stadium in the making and a club fan trust behind it. Also, would match perfectly my interest to be in a big world city like London, which happens to be crazy about football - can't say the same about NY for instance. Not to mention a big market.

3 seasons going and loving it. Just reached Premiership and I think the club can go the distance, but for now, to avoid relegation would be a dream...I can't recommend it more. Great enjoyable experience and very challenging. Would like to see though if they can fulfill our 25k fan stadium iin Premiership.

Cheers,

Leonidas

Nation: Pretty much anywhere

Division: Not too fussed but would prefer a club either not in the top division or not the top club in the top division

European Competition: Does not matter

Media Prediction: Not too fussed

Board Expectation(s): Not very particular

Transfer Budget: Not too fussed

Wage Budget: Some room to work with

Finances: Not in debt

Other: I really am not sure what I am looking for to be honest, am looking for any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

How about Toulouse in France they have never won the league and have a rich owner who only dumps money in to the club when he needs to. trying to kick PSG Monaco Lyon om out of the top spots would be fun i have done it the last two years still a fun save.

Nation: Any

Division:Any

European Competition:Any

Media Prediction:Bottom of the table sure relegation candidtaes

Board Expectation(s):Any

Transfer Budget:Any

Wage Budget:Any

Finances:Any

Other:Would like a really tough save to build myself up to playing again i can always play My favorite team Napoli but i want a really Hard challenge basically a challenge 1 out of 10 i need it to be a 15.

I have 3 saves going atm one is my Losc Lillie Save my other is my Villa save and my other is my Savilla Save.

Any team from any division is good but the lower division the better like from legue 1 or league 2 in england is fine or bottom of germany also but would like a really hard Spanish save where i can build up the nobodys into barca and real madrid killers.

How about Yeovil in the Championship? They have the smallest budget in the Championship as well as a smaller budget than most League One sides as well. The squad is a good one but you'll have to wheel and deal to keep the wages tight and stay competitive. The club is there to be built up into something great.

Coventry in League One could be a decent shout? Not sure on how they look on the new patch but it could be decent considering they start off with a points deduction. They also have a fairly small squad where youth could be the key.

Accrington Stanley in League Two could be a good shout. One of the smallest budgets in that league and often predicted to be relegated. They have an ok squad but funds will always be tight.

How about Yeovil in the Championship? They have the smallest budget in the Championship as well as a smaller budget than most League One sides as well. The squad is a good one but you'll have to wheel and deal to keep the wages tight and stay competitive. The club is there to be built up into something great.

Coventry in League One could be a decent shout? Not sure on how they look on the new patch but it could be decent considering they start off with a points deduction. They also have a fairly small squad where youth could be the key.

Accrington Stanley in League Two could be a good shout. One of the smallest budgets in that league and often predicted to be relegated. They have an ok squad but funds will always be tight.

Oh my god!!!! No Nott Forrest???? lol

Nation: England

Division: Championship or L1

European Competition: No

Media Prediction: Any, but have to be ready to fight for a top8 in the final

Transfer Budget: Don't care

Wage Budget: Don't care

Finances: Don't care

Other: A decent squad to build around and a good academy. Whant a fallen giant without to much pression. Not Leeds, tried 3 saves and can't get anything from that team =P.

Teams in mind: Sheff United

Nation: Any country except England/Scotland, with a decent amount of playable divisions (at least 4)

Division: Lowest playable

European Competition: none

Media Prediction: bottom half

Board Expectation(s): don't care

Transfer Budget: don't care

Wage Budget: don't care

Finances: don't care

Other: Looking for a semi-professional team to develop through the leagues, in a country outside of England/Scotland. Any continent is fine.

I'll try again :D

Nation: Anywhere in Europe, rather not England though.

Division: Top two divisions.

European Competition: Not bothered.

Media Prediction: Mid-table/not bothered.

Board Expectation(s): Whatever.

Transfer Budget: A fair amount, 3mill+ maybe.

Wage Budget: Again, a fair amount to work along side the TB.

Finances: Secure

Level of Difficulty (1-10 with 10 being difficult): 5-7

Other: Struggled to settle into FM recently, a constant crash dump ruined my last long-term save when 14.2.2 came out. Any advice/suggestions would be much appreciated.

Other: Struggled to settle into FM recently, a constant crash dump ruined my last long-term save when 14.2.2 came out. Any advice/suggestions would be much appreciated.

Mike, I doubt if there are many second tier teams outside of England with £3m+ transfer budget. There aren't even many top tier teams fitting that bill, unless they're top 1/2/3 of their country. However, St.Etienne meet your criteria completely with a transfer budget of £5m+ for a top-half finish, and a very in-depth guide made. I've played one season there so far and really enjoyed it. Lazio in Italy have a very good budget in relation to expectations and squad quality, although I never managed in Italy. Parma, Udinese, Granada, Sevilla, Stuttgart and Wolfsburg meet the board expectations versus budget requirements. Elsewhere in France, Toulouse, Rennes, Montpellier and Lille in France meet the budget demands but I'm not sure what the expectations are - probably OK except for Lille, which may demand European qualification.

Mike, I doubt if there are many second tier teams outside of England with £3m+ transfer budget. There aren't even many top tier teams fitting that bill, unless they're top 1/2/3 of their country. However, St.Etienne meet your criteria completely with a transfer budget of £5m+ for a top-half finish, and a very in-depth guide made. I've played one season there so far and really enjoyed it. Lazio in Italy have a very good budget in relation to expectations and squad quality, although I never managed in Italy. Parma, Udinese, Granada, Sevilla, Stuttgart and Wolfsburg meet the board expectations versus budget requirements. Elsewhere in France, Toulouse, Rennes, Montpellier and Lille in France meet the budget demands but I'm not sure what the expectations are - probably OK except for Lille, which may demand European qualification.

Cheers fella, I'll definitely choose one of the suggestions above after analyzing each one :)

Nation: England, Italy, Germany, France, Scotland, Spain

Division: Any - except English conferences

European Competition: Don't care

Media Prediction: Any

Other: I'm an old fashioned football fan. Serie A was my favourite league for years and coaches like Trappatoni - and his catenaccio - made me support hardworking teams, who fought strong to keep a cleansheet. And, being myself a Portuguese, I really appreciate what Greece did here to win the Euro 2004. They didn't have an abundance of talent, so they relied on a rock solid defense - as far as I remember, I think they even used a sweeper, Dellas if I'm not mistaken - and a sharpened counter-attack. I want a team to play like this in FM, especially now that everyone seems so concerned to retain possession after Guardiola's methods. Which squad do you recommend me and what kind of tactical tips should I follow?

Nation: England, Italy, Germany, France, Scotland, Spain

Division: Any - except English conferences

Other: I'm an old fashioned football fan. Serie A was my favourite league for years and coaches like Trappatoni - and his catenaccio - made me support hardworking teams, who fought strong to keep a cleansheet. And, being myself a Portuguese, I really appreciate what Greece did here to win the Euro 2004. They didn't have an abundance of talent, so they relied on a rock solid defense - as far as I remember, I think they even used a sweeper, Dellas if I'm not mistaken - and a sharpened counter-attack. I want a team to play like this in FM, especially now that everyone seems so concerned to retain possession after Guardiola's methods. Which squad do you recommend me and what kind of tactical tips should I follow?

Frankly Stoke City or Cardiff City would be good choices. They have club thread pages on this forum which is the best place to start for advice.

Nation: Any

Division: The lower the better

Other: I want a team that's, well, unique. I don't have any local biases because I'm from America and I kinda just picked a preferred team arbitrarily pretty much (It was Colwyn Bay, the lowest available Welsh team in the english league). I want somewhere that's unique in some way... I've tried many times to play UD Melilla because building a giant team there would be hilarious, but the lower level Spanish league's rules irritate me in that case, since you can only have 16 over 23 players and all of the good Melilla players are. Any good suggestions?

Nation: Europe. (Not in England, Spain, Italy, Germany, France.)

Division: Top

European Competition: Not Champions League, but don't mind europa.

Media Prediction: Don't Mind

Board Expectation(s): Don't Mind

Transfer Budget: Don't Mind too much

Wage Budget: Don't Mind

Other: Great youth prospects and facilities wanted. Want to aim to do something similar to Cleon and his Ajax save. Building up a team of home nation players is also an aim. Was considering Ajax, but someone along those lines.

I'm looking for teams who get a good chunk of money into the budget after the first season. I've been inspired after playing a season with Wolfsburg, even though they got relegated they ended up getting a £25m transfer budget and a £250,000 wage budget! This made it really fun as it can give a team a lot of potential to build upon, especially if they can get into Europe.

A long Arsenal save I've got has got a bit boring so I'm looking for something a bit different.

Nation: Anywhere in Europe apart from England and Italy

Division: Top division.

Media Prediction: not bothered.

Transfer Budget: Any

Wage Budget: Any

Other: Any advice/suggestions would be much appreciated. Preferably a team with some good prospects.

Cheers.

A long Arsenal save I've got has got a bit boring so I'm looking for something a bit different.

Other: Any advice/suggestions would be much appreciated. Preferably a team with some good prospects.

Cheers.

Schalke perhaps? Draxler, Meyer, Goretzka, Matip, Papadopoulos...

Cheers.

Sttutfart in Germany with Mamim ,Marin Harnik,Ibrahim Traore, Timo Werner, Moiz Letner on loan and a few other good players.

Also you have AS Monoaco in france with Falco,Berbatov,Ocompus,Martinez and 4-5 really high rated Prospects.

I'm trying to get into FM after a while out. Haven't played a real save since FM2011. There I took Norwich to about 20 league titles and multiple trophies on the side. Played to around 2050+ and I loved every single minute. I'm looking for a team that can hold itself up pretty much automatically in the first season and probably get a decent budget in the second. Not a top 6-7 team and not a bottom 6-7 team. I don't want to fight relegation or challenge for the european spots. Just mid-table team.

Nation: Any of top nations

Division: Top divison

Europe: No

Media Prediction: 8-14

Board expectations: 8-14 place

Transfer Budget: Decent. Would like to loan and buy a player or two.

Wage Budget: Enough to not put me in a minus.

Finances: secure+

Other: See first paragraph.

Edit: A bit more of what I'm looking for. Relying on the youth system a bit later on. Meanwhile I'm building it up, I'd like to buy unnoticed talent. In my old Norwich save in FM11 I bought Pablo Sarabia in the first season (loaned him and bought him after the season) and he played for me until retirement. Then I got a youth striker from my own facilities and he was the best regen I've ever seen. It's a save like that I want, where I'm connected to the team in every way. I haven't found the right team since then and it has affected my love for the game.

Cheers:)

I'm trying to get into FM after a while out. Haven't played a real save since FM2011. There I took Norwich to about 20 league titles and multiple trophies on the side. Played to around 2050+ and I loved every single minute. I'm looking for a team that can hold itself up pretty much automatically in the first season and probably get a decent budget in the second. Not a top 6-7 team and not a bottom 6-7 team. I don't want to fight relegation or challenge for the european spots. Just mid-table team.

Edit: A bit more of what I'm looking for. Relying on the youth system a bit later on. Meanwhile I'm building it up, I'd like to buy unnoticed talent. In my old Norwich save in FM11 I bought Pablo Sarabia in the first season (loaned him and bought him after the season) and he played for me until retirement. Then I got a youth striker from my own facilities and he was the best regen I've ever seen. It's a save like that I want, where I'm connected to the team in every way. I haven't found the right team since then and it has affected my love for the game.

Hoffenheim

Can't pick, Werder Bremen or HSV?

Werder has some cash already plus Elia who can be shipped out for loads (can't stand his Determination 5 - ship him out and bring in Werner on day 1?) and better facilities; HSV starts with a 0 budget and needs a serious overhaul, no decent strikers (should I try a 4-6-0?) and fullback troubles, but better home-grown prospects, better tutors, and some stars already (Adler, VDV, Badelj), also bigger stadium and better reputation.

Finances are a close call really, HSV has a better balance/projection but heavy loan repayments for the first 3-4 seasons, Werder 15 years worth of minor repayments.

Formation-wise, I like a Zemanesque 4-3-3 and despise AMCs - so neither team really fits the bill, booyah.

Overall it looks like Werder is a way more solid if unspectacular pick, while HSV is a complete mess with heaps of potential.

I'll probably give a shot at both but I welcome suggestions for what to go for first - hopefully I'll get into them, I haven't started a single game since I bought FM14...

Convince me.

P.S.: I use the 14.0 database cause I like the idea of playing with the "original" rosters :p

Cheers.

I pretty much always suggest this but how about Athletic Bilbao? They're a unique challenge because their self-imposed Basque-only player policy is built in to the game meaning you have a very small pool of potential transfers and have to concentrate on getting the best out of the current squad and developing your own youth players. I had a save on FM2013 with them where I did about 12 seasons and it's the most fun save I've had in years; you get to really loving plaers you might well have dismissed at any other club because of the ease at which you could have replaced them with better.

The current squad has some good players (Ander Herrera, Benat, Muniain, Susaeta) and a couple with great potential (Laporte, Ibai Gomez) and there's some god youngsters already at the club or playing for the B Team or out on loan (Inigo Ruiz de la Galarreta, and a left back I temporarily forget the name of).

They're well run and have good finances generally which means you should be able to build up the youth facilities. The only real downside is that their thread on here hasn't seen much action so there's not loads of read-made advice out there.

Bilbao is a good shout! I just recently started with Shakhtar and it's been okay so far. I'm going to see where that takes me and if it fails like any other save, I'll definitely try Bilbao out!

Sure you won't regret it if you do switch. It's a really nice change of pace to spending all your time thinking about transfer targets.

Division: Ideally championship or league 1 - done plenty in prem (spurs, villa and arsenal)

Other: Looking for a team with a good British core - Ive never done something like this but I want to do a majority British side, so every foreign player i sign, i have to sign a British one aswell.

I reckon you should go with Nottingham Forest. They are given £400k in wage budget, of which £25k is left over along with £5m in transfer budget. You're asked to sign high profile players to start off with, so if you ask to get rid of that in your first meeting with Fawaz and then ask for more wages you should be granted it. Then, they have many other things, upon asking that you will be given. Already have a good spine of good English youngsters in Lascelles, Paterson and Darlow.

Cheers Forest, ive done a save with Derby before but not Forest - Will Hughes seems like the best future English CM from start, would it be possible to sign him from local rivals?

Other than that, will give it a go now. Is there a Forest thread? Got some questions about the side but dont want to clog here up.

Division: Ideally championship or league 1 - done plenty in prem (spurs, villa and arsenal)

Other: Looking for a team with a good British core - Ive never done something like this but I want to do a majority British side, so every foreign player i sign, i have to sign a British one aswell.

I might be too late now, but Blackburn? Ok, so the finances are dodgy, but you've got a good, young British core (Rhodes, Kean, Hanley, Henley, Edwards, Lowe, Marshall) and you seem to get good regens too.

Cesena in serie B. You can adjust the budget and have about £8m to spend and get rid of some of the loanees to increase your budget further!

Spending the money will put you about £6m in the red but they always get taken over and the debts cleared!

Have had enough of NF always answering Nottingham Forest, so much so... that I think I am starting a save with Nottingham Forest, he seems to swear by it :D

Wolves? Have a good mixture of Welsh, Scottish, and English players.

Nation: Not England, France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Holland, Russia,

Division: doesnt matter, the lower the better

Finances: Maybe a club that could be taken over

Other: Looking for a team that possibly could have a tycoon(doesnt have to be a team having a takeover would be nice) a team in the lower divisions to build a dynasty with, plus to be a test for a new formation im working on. And a club that has a reserve team instead of a senior squad and u19s team

Archived