FM14: What Team should I be?

SRL88

Leipzig is such a fun save, I am really enjoying it.

I am going a bit slow at the moment as we await the next update.

I have not long started my second season, I managed third last season and won promotion via the playoff, 6 games into the second season and quite a few new faces, a decent transfer budget and a good wage budget to play with and I have went to work in spending it all. :)

Started a Leipzig save after reading this thread and loving it. Just starting 3rd season and have made it it to the top league. 1st season i got a couple decent free signings and played a 3142 and won the league fairly easily, 2nd season was tougher won it with 2 games to go and Mainz pushed me right to the end. 3rd season picked up some quality young players, some of teh bigger names wont come to me even if they are on a free. Its a fun and challenging save. 1st game of 3rd season away to Dortmund, and a scraped a 0-0, I have no idea how.....they were all over me 27 shots on goal to my 1. Start to the season has been good 3 draws a win so far and a win in first round of cup.

I have a few leagues on the background. and near end of season 2 i was asked to interview for Watford, Fulham and Reading jobs. End of season 2 i was asked to interview for HSV and Arsenal.... which i thought was cool. Playing this and my Aberdeen save.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nation: England

Division: Premier League

European Competition: N/A

Media Prediction: 7th - 20th

Board Expectation(s): Mid table or qualify for euro cup

Transfer Budget: not fussed

Wage Budget: not fussed

Finances: okay or good

Other: a good youth system (not essential)

That could be anyone!

If you can bear using another club in the Midlands I recommend Villa. Yes, you'll be on a shoestring budget but the you'll have a young squad with the ability for a top-6 finish in season 1.

That could be anyone!

If you can bear using another club in the Midlands I recommend Villa. Yes, you'll be on a shoestring budget but the you'll have a young squad with the ability for a top-6 finish in season 1.

I'm top of the league with Newcastle 1st season 20 points clear with 26 games played, so far.

As Aandy has said if you can bear using another Midlands club, id recommend West Brom. Good youth setup. Good squad just lacking in a few areas but not much of a transfer budget to start with but there are a few players you can get some decent money for

I'm top of the league with Newcastle 1st season 20 points clear with 26 games played, so far.

Put an update on the Newcastle thread. It'll be interesting seeing how you managed such an impressive feat.

Nation: Any European nation (I like the UCL)

Division: Top 2 leagues

European Competition: Don't matter

Media Prediction: Don't matter

Board Expectation(s): Don't matter

Transfer Budget: Enough to buy a player or two.

Wage Budget: Don't matter

Finances: Don't matter.

Other: This will be better to explain. I am looking for a club which has a good starting base, has a bit of money to buy a few younger faces, has a few youngsters of their own. A sort of club that doesn't have to buy the top top players and the board doesn't want you to win the league. Southampton is a great example, but being a Pompey fan... I can't bring myself to do it as my first save on FM :D

Norwich have a good team to and some budget to buy a few players.

Hi, I'm looking for a save to give me an introduction to FM14 that fits the below criteria:

Nation: Any European (preferably not France or Spain)

Division: Top tier preferable, but will look at others.

European Competition: Not fussed

Media Prediction: Any

Board Expectation(s): Not title challengers (mid table or Euro League qualification preferable)

Transfer Budget: enough to make a minimum of one first team signing

Wage Budget: as above

Finances: not in debt

Other: I am basically after a team where I can "learn the ropes" of FM14, so a reasonably patient chairman would be nice. Just want a team that are fun to play with really. An active thread on this forum isn't vital, but would be an added bonus.

Hope this isn't too much to ask! Thanks in advance
:)

Looking to start a save in the Championship, but don't know who to pick. Thus happy for any advice :)

Division: Championship

European Competition: dnm

Media Prediction: 1-12ish

Board Expectation(s): in line with squad quality (after transfers at the latest)

Transfer Budget: 2-5m

Wage Budget: some left

Finances: good or manageably challenging

Other: want a team that can win promotion in year 1 or 2 and become an average EPL team mid-term, with solid facilities, fan-base and finances, maybe also with some kind of economic backing from the board

Nation: England, Italy, Spain, Germany

Division: Top

Media Prediction: 1st-5th(ish)

Board Expectation(s): Qualify for euro cup/CL

Transfer Budget: Not important

Wage Budget: Not important

Finances: Good/Rich

Other: Good youth development

Usually when I play I take on a mid-table team in the top flight of one of Europe's leagues and try to build them up to title winners and then get a bit bored after 2 or 3 seasons at the top, drifting out of my save somewhere around season 6-8. What I want now is to take on a club with a good squad, high expectations and a decent infrastructure and try to build a domestic and European force - with some kind of challenge (like, win the CL 3 consecutive seasons) to keep me playing for many years, rebuilding top squads etc.

Thinking Tottenham or Juventus (and specifically don't want Barcelona, Madrid, Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal or Bayern). Any other ideas? Or a preference between what would be better, THFC or Juventus?

Division: Championship

Media Prediction: Easy to be promoted

Board Expectation(s):

Transfer Budget: N/A

Wage Budget: some left

Finances: good or manageably challenging

Other: sleeping giant

Sounds like you're after QPR, Forest or Birmingham to me.

Nation: England, Italy, Spain, Germany

Media Prediction: 1st-5th(ish)

Board Expectation(s): Qualify for euro cup/CL

Wage Budget: Not important

Finances: Good/Rich

Other: Good youth development

Usually when I play I take on a mid-table team in the top flight of one of Europe's leagues and try to build them up to title winners and then get a bit bored after 2 or 3 seasons at the top, drifting out of my save somewhere around season 6-8. What I want now is to take on a club with a good squad, high expectations and a decent infrastructure and try to build a domestic and European force - with some kind of challenge (like, win the CL 3 consecutive seasons) to keep me playing for many years, rebuilding top squads etc.

Thinking Tottenham or Juventus (and specifically don't want Barcelona, Madrid, Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal or Bayern). Any other ideas? Or a preference between what would be better, THFC or Juventus?

Schalke, Atletico, Napoli

Nation: France, Germany, Holland or Belgium

Division: Top, possibly Second

European Competition: Not Important

Media Prediction: FOr France and Germany 8th and below, Holland and Belgium outside the top 4

Board Expectation(s): Not Important

Transfer Budget: Would like a little to spend if possible

Wage Budget: Not Important

Finances: Not Important

Other: I like the underdog status. Not a fan of taking over teams who are predicted top etc. Would like a team with a good core of players, some good youths or a good youth system would be good. A team that can over achieve. Currently playing Zulte Waregem so not them.

Gladbach might be a good game for you flogside, not sure where they are expected to finish seem to tick all the right boxes.

Had a game with them on FM2012 and it was great fun. Though they still had Reus then which probably helped.

Thank you for the suggestion mate, yeah they look pretty interesting i must admit. Just cant get into FM for the past 4 years and was hoping i could find a team this year that changed that!

Nation: Outside Germany,England,France,Italy,Holland,Spain,Scotland

Media Prediction: Not important

Transfer Budget: Enough to bring some bargains in

Other: Would like a game,where scouting is the main point, where i would rather rely on getting local/foreign bargains, then signing players for bigger fees. Also a decent youth academy wouldnt be a bad addtion.

Nation: France, Germany, Holland or Belgium

Division: Top, possibly Second

Media Prediction: FOr France and Germany 8th and below, Holland and Belgium outside the top 4

Transfer Budget: Would like a little to spend if possible

Other: I like the underdog status. Not a fan of taking over teams who are predicted top etc. Would like a team with a good core of players, some good youths or a good youth system would be good. A team that can over achieve. Currently playing Zulte Waregem so not them.

Give Frankfurt a try, a really good developing squad, such as Jung, Rode,Trapp, and Risse. Check out the Club Thread, I am going to give them a bash next.

Managing Dynamo Dresden has come the closest so far in terms of what I'm looking for below. My Dresden save all went a bit tits up though and I just don't have the inclination to start again with them. Suggestions welcome.

Nation: Any in Western Europe

Division: Any

European Competition: No preference

Media Prediction: Preferably not favourites for title/promotion

Board Expectations: Same as above

Transfer Budget: Not bothered

Wage Budget: Not bothered

Finances: Not looking for a mega-rich club, but don't want a club crippled with debt either.

Other: I'm looking to manage a team that is reasonably well-supported, respected and has a rich history. A club where I can build something.

Nation: England, Italy, Germany, Spain

Division: TOP

Finances: Good / RIch

Other: a good youth system

Thinking about Gladbach, Shouthampton or West Ham.

Need a new challenge. Was thinking of starting up in the brazilian/argentine leagues and looking at either corinthians/sao paulo/boca/velez/river. Has anyone had a save in any of the leagues?or what would you recommend? Thanks

I'm currently playing as Botofogo. I'm Having a lot of fun in Brazil. Its the best place for player development. Almost any team in the top level can give a shot at being the league champion. But the drawback is, you have to play almost 100 games a season. If you don't have the patience, Argentina might be your stadium.

I'm currently playing as Botofogo. I'm Having a lot of fun in Brazil. Its the best place for player development. Almost any team in the top level can give a shot at being the league champion. But the drawback is, you have to play almost 100 games a season. If you don't have the patience, Argentina might be your stadium.

I had a save with Fluminese on FM13 which i really enjoyed so was either thinking of Sao Paulo as their predicted 6th or Corinthians (due to managing Alex Pato). any advice?

Nation: England, Italy, Germany, Spain, France

European Competition:

Board Expectation(s): Any

Wage Budget: Enough to play around with.

Finances: Poor

Other: Decent training and youth if possible.

I'm looking to have a save to play alongside my Swansea one, but I want this to be a bit different. I want to find a club who are struggling financially, who I can slowly but surely make the richest club in the world. I'll be setting myself the following transfer rules..

- I can only pay for players 21 or under, and never more than 5 million.

- Any other signing must be for free

- Any respectable bid for a player must be accepted(bids judged individually)

So basically I'm looking to be a selling club, making lots of signings and sales and trying to urn a team's financial fortunes around. Only other thing I want to add is it would be an added bonus for the team to have a club thread on this forum.

All suggestions welcome, even those outside of the criteria.

European Competition:

Wage Budget: Enough to play around with.

Finances: Poor

Other: Decent training and youth if possible.

I'm looking to have a save to play alongside my Swansea one, but I want this to be a bit different. I want to find a club who are struggling financially, who I can slowly but surely make the richest club in the world. I'll be setting myself the following transfer rules..

- I can only pay for players 21 or under, and never more than 5 million.

- Any other signing must be for free

- Any respectable bid for a player must be accepted(bids judged individually)

So basically I'm looking to be a selling club, making lots of signings and sales and trying to urn a team's financial fortunes around. Only other thing I want to add is it would be an added bonus for the team to have a club thread on this forum.

All suggestions welcome, even those outside of the criteria.

Will be starting this game tomorrow and at the moment I'm thinking everton or malaga. Any other suggestions?

Nation: Europe (Any)

European Competition: Don't Care

Media Prediction: Don't Care

Board Expectation(s): Don't Care

Transfer Budget: At least 1m, nothing over 5m

Wage Budget: Don't Care

Finances: Want at least 1m transfer kitty, but otherwise the poorer the better

Other: I don't want to play in a league where player values are going to be lower just because they play in this league rather than the EPL. Also would like to play in a country where profits are taxed at a low rate so any money I make can be nicely built up. Would also like a club with a really small stadium but has the potential to be expanded to a really big one.

Basically I want to be my own sugar daddy. Want to take a relatively small team that is not at all rich and basically wheel and deal my way to mega fortunes. Ideally a league which allows a lot of South American imports, but basically as small a club (and squad) as possible that won't devalue players just because they play in a smaller country.

Im looking for something i never did. A scandinavian save. Any advice on teams with good youth prospects? Thinking about Brann or Malmo/AIK.

FC Nordsjaelland for me, I just made second season, they're in Europe and are using a lot of youth players after losing almost all their regular 11 that got them to where they are.

Other: I want a team which reperesents another country in another league, I know about Wellington Pheonix in the A-League, San Marino in Italy and the Welsh clubs in England, but are there any others?

Derry City play in the ROI Premier Division.

Nation: Europe

European Competition: Entered

Media Prediction: 1st

Board Expectation(s): Win League

Transfer Budget: Competitive

Wage Budget: Competitive

Finances: Good

Other: I want to find a team that should walk their domestic league but would struggle in Europe as thats what i want to concur - any sugggestions? :)

Nation: Europe

European Competition: Entered

Media Prediction: 1st

Board Expectation(s): Win League

Transfer Budget: Competitive

Wage Budget: Competitive

Finances: Good

Other: I want to find a team that should walk their domestic league but would struggle in Europe as thats what i want to concur - any sugggestions? :)

Celtic, Shaktar, Ajax.

European Competition: Ideally CL or EL

Transfer Budget: I like a decent budget to spend

Wage Budget: Again need a club who can offer decent wage

Finances: Healthy

Other: Ideally a team where gaining work permits are not that much of a problem

Nation: Germany

Division: 1st and 2nd

European Competition: Any

Transfer Budget: Any

Wage Budget: Any

Finances: Any

Other:

I've never had a save in Germany in all the years I've played CM/FM, would like to go a team that i could play a 4-2-3-1 formation as i have a tactic in mind i would like to try, but would like to avoid the obvious B.Dortmund etc. Just looking for something different to go alongside my Shakhtar save

Nation: Any European nation (I like the UCL)

Division: Top 2 leagues

European Competition: Don't matter

Media Prediction: Don't matter

Board Expectation(s): Don't matter

Transfer Budget: Enough to buy a player or two.

Wage Budget: Don't matter

Finances: Don't matter.

Other: This will be better to explain. I am looking for a club which has a good starting base, has a bit of money to buy a few younger faces, has a few youngsters of their own. A sort of club that doesn't have to buy the top top players and the board doesn't want you to win the league. Southampton is a great example, but being a Pompey fan... I can't bring myself to do it as my first save on FM :D

Simple .. West Ham.

What about Schalke? They're one of the biggest clubs, but they always seem to do something to **** things up.

Thanks ill have a look, don't want the worst side in the league but don't want the best either, can you play 4-2-3-1 with Schalke ?

They are what am looking for in terms of what formation i want to use but the players are too good for what i want, any mid table teams similar to Schalke ?

Thanks ill have a look, don't want the worst side in the league but don't want the best either, can you play 4-2-3-1 with Schalke ?

They are what am looking for in terms of what formation i want to use but the players are too good for what i want, any mid table teams similar to Schalke ?

Yeah, they play 4-2-3-1, but as you say are too good for what you want. Unlike real life it's fairly easy to do well with Schalke and they have fantastic youth too.

Wolfsburg would be the same imo. Play 4-2-3-1, but might be too good.

Other top clubs like Leverkusen and Gladbach don't start off with 4-2-31 type squads, more 4-3-3 and 4-2-2-2 respectively.

Going further down the table I'd say try VfB Stuttgart. Some great young players at the club and you can compete for a place in Europe. You will be able to play 4-2-3-1 and there's plenty of room to develop the squad.

If not, could try Hamburger SV, but they're a mess in terms of finances. Huge wages on average players.

Nation: European - preferably not England this time though.

Division: One of the top two leagues.

European Competition: Preferable, but not necessary.

Media Prediction: Title challenge if Second Division, or Top 6 if First Division.

Board Expectation(s): As above. Attacking Football/Give Youth A Chance.

Transfer Budget: Not important.

Wage Budget: Not important.

Finances: Healthy.

Other: I am looking for a club which has a good starting base, has a bit of money to buy a few younger faces, has a few youngsters of their own. A sort of club that doesn't have to buy the top top players and the board doesn't want you to win the league. On my current save, I have bought so many Germans, so that could possibly be factored in as well. I've never played with another team than West Ham, so it should be interesting.

Nation: England, Italy, Germany, France, Holland, Belgium, Portugal

Division: Preferably not the top division, though an underdog in the top one would suffice

European Competition: None

Media Prediction: Not that important

Wage Budget: Preferably not in the red

Finances: Not important

Other: I would like a team with building blocks in place for sustained succes (youth facilities etc.), and preferably a team which is known for playing a certain brand of football which I can implement.

Thanks, guys.

Nation: England/Italy/Germany/France - England hopefully

Division: Doesnt matter

European Competition: dnm

Media Prediction: 5-20

Board Expectation(s): in line with squad quality (after transfers at the latest)

Transfer Budget: LOTS OF MONEY!

Wage Budget: MONEY!

Finances: LOTS OF MONEY

Other: As you can see, i want a mid/low-team with lots of money..

Archived