Nation: Not England, France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Holland, Russia,

Division: doesnt matter, the lower the better

European Competition: Not bothered.

Media Prediction: not bothered.

Board Expectation(s): Any

Transfer Budget: Any

Wage Budget: Any

Finances: Maybe a club that could be taken over

Other: Looking for a team that possibly could have a tycoon(doesnt have to be a team having a takeover would be nice) a team in the lower divisions to build a dynasty with, plus to be a test for a new formation im working on. And a club that has a reserve team instead of a senior squad and u19s team

St.Mirren

Nation: Not England, France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Holland, Russia,

Division: doesnt matter, the lower the better

European Competition: Not bothered.

Media Prediction: not bothered.

Board Expectation(s): Any

Finances: Maybe a club that could be taken over

Other: Looking for a team that possibly could have a tycoon(doesnt have to be a team having a takeover would be nice) a team in the lower divisions to build a dynasty with, plus to be a test for a new formation im working on. And a club that has a reserve team instead of a senior squad and u19s team

Depotivo Brazil (2nd division in Brazil), Deportivo Maldonaldo (2nd Division Urugray)

Nation:Spain

Division:Liga BBVA

European Competition: Don't mind

Media Prediction: 5/10

Board Expectation(s): euro League spot

Transfer Budget: 4-6million

Wage Budget: 200k

Finances: Dont mind

Other:nothing

Nation: Not main one

Division: First division for that nation

European Competition: Euro League

Media Prediction: 1-5

Board Expectation(s): Title challenge

Transfer Budget: 2-4 million

Wage Budget: 150k

Other: Nothing

Nation: Not main one

Division: First division for that nation

European Competition: Euro League

Media Prediction: 1-5

Board Expectation(s): Title challenge

Transfer Budget: 2-4 million

Wage Budget: 150k

Other: Nothing

R.Sociedad, Sevilla

I don't think this has ever been asked here but I want to begin a Save where I win All the Worlds Champions Leagues.

Region: Beginning in Asia, North America, Whatever is Lowest Ranked

Division: Top

European Competition: Champs League

Media: 1-4

Board: Title Challenge

Transfer: Doesn't Matter

Wage: Same

Finances: Same

Other: Recommendations for Plotting my Route to Glory

I don't think this has ever been asked here but I want to begin a Save where I win All the Worlds Champions Leagues.

Region: Beginning in Asia, North America, Whatever is Lowest Ranked

European Competition: Champs League

Media: 1-4

Board: Title Challenge

Transfer: Doesn't Matter

Wage: Same

Finances: Same

Other: Recommendations for Plotting my Route to Glory

Daegu, Suwon FC

For anyone having trouble finding a game like I have been for the whole of this years game, give FC Porto a try. Can't believe there isn't a team thread on them because this team are absolutely brilliant.

They pretty much only have players aged 19-24, start with a 20 million pound budget, have great facilities and a big stadium. Most of their team is rated 4-5 stars and a few wonderkids in the reserves/u18's. Brilliant groundwork already laid out for you so no need to worry about expanding a small stadium, finding wonderkids, finding good attacking or defensive players. Your centre-backs Mangala and Maicon are 21-22 years old and become world beaters worth tens of millions after a couple of years.

As i said, I had been struggling to find my place in this years game and I finally found it. The first season flew by where I won the league, cup, league cup and community shield, in addition to reaching an amazing semi-final in the Champions League. You would think 'oh youre finished here then right?' Thats a big NO. Benfica er still the most successful team in Portugal and a perfect 5 seasons would get you even with them in the league, cup and community shield. League cup is 8 trophies apart. You are tied with Benfica for Champions League too so you'll need the big-ears to triumph Portugal. And the best part is, Benfica are awesome in this game too. They follow you up until the last game of the season. If you don't drop points, they don't drop points. You HAVE to win almost every game to finish above them. It's easy and very difficult at the same time.

Highly recommend this team lads!

Nation: Europe, but not one of the major leagues (i.e., not England, Germany, Spain, Italy or France)

European Competition: Not fussed.

Media Prediction: 1-4

Board Expectation(s): 1-4

Finances: Stable/Rich

Other: I'm looking for a club to start a career save with. A team that's one of the better teams in a smaller European league (Portugal, Ukraine, Switzerland etc) and can be expected to challenge for trophies domestically but for whom a good European run would be a stand-out achievement. Ideally they would have a young squad, and develop their own players (though, as I say, I'm looking for a club to start a career save with so I don't expect to be with them for more than 3-4 years - I'd like to do some good things and hopefully then move on to a bigger club/league). I'm thinking Benfica, Shakhtar, Basel but wondered if anyone could suggest anyone else or had any strong feelings about teams fitting this criteria.

Nation: Europe, but not one of the major leagues (i.e., not England, Germany, Spain, Italy or France)

Other: I'm looking for a club to start a career save with. A team that's one of the better teams in a smaller European league (Portugal, Ukraine, Switzerland etc) and can be expected to challenge for trophies domestically but for whom a good European run would be a stand-out achievement. Ideally they would have a young squad, and develop their own players (though, as I say, I'm looking for a club to start a career save with so I don't expect to be with them for more than 3-4 years - I'd like to do some good things and hopefully then move on to a bigger club/league). I'm thinking Benfica, Shakhtar, Basel but wondered if anyone could suggest anyone else or had any strong feelings about teams fitting this criteria.

Ajax? Fits all your criteria, and managing in the Netherlands is pretty fun. :)

The aforementioned Porto, Benfica, Shaktar, Dnipro, the Moscow teams, Basel

Having a bit of a dilemma on what team to pick for my new save on FM. I'm looking to start a save in Spain, and it's most likely going to be between Atletico Madrid or Real Sociedad, although I'm totally torn on which one to pick!

Both teams would be fairly different challenges, on the one hand Madrid would be a good challenge because I can try and emulate their real life achievements and try and break the Barca/Real dominance, on top of trying to get far in the CL, and they have a good core, with some great youth players out on loan.

On the other hand, Sociedad would also be a good little challenge because they've got a great team with some gems like Inigo Martinez, Pardo, Canales and Griezmann, and I've also got a soft spot for Granero. It would be a fantastic opportunity to get them into the CL and see how far I could go, and the money made would be very useful.

What do you fella's reckon would be the best save?

Atletico is the easier of the two. Sociedad is a fun little experiment I think. They've got a good core in the players you mentioned and I do believe they get a bit of cash to spend on a few bargains. Atletico is the more exciting though in my eyes because they have some unbelievable players and a few wonderkids in the u18's. But nothing is easy when you're trying to knock Madrid and Barcelona off their perch.

Atletico is the easier of the two. Sociedad is a fun little experiment I think. They've got a good core in the players you mentioned and I do believe they get a bit of cash to spend on a few bargains. Atletico is the more exciting though in my eyes because they have some unbelievable players and a few wonderkids in the u18's. But nothing is easy when you're trying to knock Madrid and Barcelona off their perch.

Yep, I've been trying with Malaga for almost a decade. Still not winning anything

Nation:England, Spain, Italy, Germany, Portugal, Netherlands, France are preffered - Would consider also Russia, Ukraine, Belgium, Turkey, Greece

European Competition: Preferrably not, but Europa League is ok

Media Prediction: 5 - 8 or so

Board Expectation(s): Qualify for Europa League or thereabouts

Transfer Budget: Not important

Wage Budget: Not Important

Finances: Safe

Other: I'm looking for a club that has never won a European trophy but is still strong within their division. Maybe underachieved in the last couple of years and looking to bounce back. Think Liverpool or Inter but without European trophies. Roma has never won a European title so they are an option, was wondering if there are any others. Lazio has a Cup Winners' Cup, and is in the Europa League, would also consider them.

Nation:England, Spain, Italy, Germany, Portugal, Netherlands, France are preffered - Would consider also Russia, Ukraine, Belgium, Turkey, Greece

Other: I'm looking for a club that has never won a European trophy but is still strong within their division. Maybe underachieved in the last couple of years and looking to bounce back. Think Liverpool or Inter but without European trophies. Roma has never won a European title so they are an option, was wondering if there are any others. Lazio has a Cup Winners' Cup, and is in the Europa League, would also consider them.

I can really recommend AS Saint-Etienne, a very enjoyable club to manage with good domestic success in the past but no European history. They start in the Europa League only because of a domestic Cup win. I'd suggest aiming for top half finish (to avoid the early sacking I endured in my first effort), but you should actually achieve at least a top-six finish.

Genk in Belgium, never won anything in Europe, known for their academy which in recent years spawned Defour, Courtois, de Bruyne...

Dnipro is pretty good in this game. Great facilities and some good youth coming in.

For anyone having trouble finding a game like I have been for the whole of this years game, give FC Porto a try. Can't believe there isn't a team thread on them because this team are absolutely brilliant.

They pretty much only have players aged 19-24, start with a 20 million pound budget, have great facilities and a big stadium. Most of their team is rated 4-5 stars and a few wonderkids in the reserves/u18's. Brilliant groundwork already laid out for you so no need to worry about expanding a small stadium, finding wonderkids, finding good attacking or defensive players. Your centre-backs Mangala and Maicon are 21-22 years old and become world beaters worth tens of millions after a couple of years.

As i said, I had been struggling to find my place in this years game and I finally found it. The first season flew by where I won the league, cup, league cup and community shield, in addition to reaching an amazing semi-final in the Champions League. You would think 'oh youre finished here then right?' Thats a big NO. Benfica er still the most successful team in Portugal and a perfect 5 seasons would get you even with them in the league, cup and community shield. League cup is 8 trophies apart. You are tied with Benfica for Champions League too so you'll need the big-ears to triumph Portugal. And the best part is, Benfica are awesome in this game too. They follow you up until the last game of the season. If you don't drop points, they don't drop points. You HAVE to win almost every game to finish above them. It's easy and very difficult at the same time.

Highly recommend this team lads!

Thanks, came here cos I've not been able to get into a save throughout all of fm14, very unusual for me! Think I'll give this a go!

Im looking for something a new save, played in England, Spain, Italy etc this year and just want somthng a bit different in a smaller league. Preferably Europe but im open to any suggestons.

Cheers

Maybe try Scandinavia, many teams have great youth players - Norway or Sweden maybe even Iceland, that could be an interesting save :brock:

Nation: England

Division: Bottom

European Competition: No

Media Prediction: Don't care

Board Expectation(s): Expectations that are easy to fulfill.

Wage Budget: Not Important - but a bit of room would be nice.

Finances: As okayish as they can be in the bottom divisions in England

Other: I'm looking for a club that i can build my career from. My goal is to wind the Premier League and Champions League with a club from England. I'm not planning on staying at the same club for longer time because if i get offered a job in a better club i will take it. The club i'm looking for needs to be a good starting club to get my reputation up and then move on to a bigger club in League 2 or skrill premier.

Nation: England

Division: Bottom

European Competition: No

Board Expectation(s): Expectations that are easy to fulfill.

Finances: As okayish as they can be in the bottom divisions in England

Other: I'm looking for a club that i can build my career from. My goal is to wind the Premier League and Champions League with a club from England. I'm not planning on staying at the same club for longer time because if i get offered a job in a better club i will take it. The club i'm looking for needs to be a good starting club to get my reputation up and then move on to a bigger club in League 2 or skrill premier.

Walsall, Wrexham, AFC Wimbledon

Nation: Europe

Division: Top Division

European Competition: Not Bothered.

Board Expectation(s): Rebuild or get into Europe.

Transfer Budget: Something to use.

Wage Budget: Soom room to manouvre

Finances: Good conditions.

Other: I don't have a great deal of time for FM these days so i want a game where i am starting in the top division, i want a club similar stature to Newcastle. I would prefer one not in England but some other European country. All ideas welcome!

Division: Top Division

European Competition: Not Bothered.

Board Expectation(s): Rebuild or get into Europe.

Transfer Budget: Something to use.

Wage Budget: Soom room to manouvre

Finances: Good conditions.

Other: I don't have a great deal of time for FM these days so i want a game where i am starting in the top division, i want a club similar stature to Newcastle. I would prefer one not in England but some other European country. All ideas welcome!

Villarreal, Sporting, Braga, Vitesse, Lille

Division: Any Lower European leagues

European Competition: Not Bothered Really

Media Prediction: Not bothered either about that

Board Expectation(s): Rebuild Team

Transfer Budget: Maybe a little to use somewhere along the lines

Wage Budget: A Little to move things about

Finances: Not bothered

Other: im looking for a "different kind of save" ive always done British teams so im maybe thinking of a Lower/Middle rated team which i can get a long term save going with.

Division: Any Lower European leagues

European Competition: Not Bothered Really

Media Prediction: Not bothered either about that

Board Expectation(s): Rebuild Team

Transfer Budget: Maybe a little to use somewhere along the lines

Wage Budget: A Little to move things about

Finances: Not bothered

Other: im looking for a "different kind of save" ive always done British teams so im maybe thinking of a Lower/Middle rated team which i can get a long term save going with.

Lecce. They got hammbed by the Italian FA. But you should be able to get them back to Serie A

Try Panathinaikos even though you qualified for Europe you get kicked out due to FFP rules. Got a transfer budget of £150k so you cant really do much with that.

Got some great youngsters GK - Kapino who you should make your first choice and some real good centre backs and RB has good competition.Got good youth facilities who produce some good players ive moved at least 4 up to my first team, just need to loan some of them out to get first team experience.

the one thing you will need to get is some better coaches and probably a director of football too.

Nation: Italy, Germany, Spain, France & Portugal are preferred but will consider other European Countries.

European Competition: Not an essential requirement

Media Prediction: Mid Table

Board Expectation: Mid Table

Transfer Budget: Reasonable

Wage Budget: Reasonable

Finances: Ok-ish

Other: Basically looking for a mid level team to build up that can play a narrow 4-2-3-1 formation.

Thanks in advance!

Nation: Italy, Germany, Spain, France & Portugal are preferred but will consider other European Countries.

European Competition: Not an essential requirement

Media Prediction: Mid Table

Board Expectation: Mid Table

Transfer Budget: Reasonable

Other: Basically looking for a mid level team to build up that can play a narrow 4-2-3-1 formation.

Thanks in advance!

Atalanta. Good youth coming in and already have the players needed to get you to midtable and then some

Nation: Preferably Europe, excluding Spain

Division: First

European Competition: /

Media Prediction: 3-9

Board Expectation(s): /

Transfer Budget: /

Wage Budget: /

Finances: /

Other: What I'm looking for is a club that is in top half of domestic league, but not the strongest. And yes, I would want that my team will suit 4-4-2 flat tactic. This is what I'm really looking for.

Nation: Preferably Europe, excluding Spain

Division: First

European Competition: /

Media Prediction: 3-9

Board Expectation(s): /

Transfer Budget: /

Wage Budget: /

Finances: /

Other: What I'm looking for is a club that is in top half of domestic league, but not the strongest. And yes, I would want that my team will suit 4-4-2 flat tactic. This is what I'm really looking for.

Tottenham

Nation: England, Germany, Italy

Division: Top or 2nd Division

European Competition: Don't care

Media Prediction: Mid Table or lower if in top division, mid table or better if in 2nd division

Board Expectation: Mid Table or lower if in top division, mid table or better if in 2nd division

Transfer Budget: Not too bothered as long as they have some wages free and aren't completely skint.

Other: Good fit for a 4-5-1 formation. Relatively Good facilities

The main requirement is that it is a fun game to play

Nation: England, Germany, Italy

Division: Top or 2nd Division

European Competition: Don't care

Media Prediction: Mid Table or lower if in top division, mid table or better if in 2nd division

Board Expectation: Mid Table or lower if in top division, mid table or better if in 2nd division

Transfer Budget: Not too bothered as long as they have some wages free and aren't completely skint.

Other: Good fit for a 4-5-1 formation. Relatively Good facilities

The main requirement is that it is a fun game to play

Sansuolo has some good youth coming in. They already spend 20M in top flight, so their finances are great

Nation: Anywhere in Europe (preferably a 'minnow' country)

Division: Top or 2nd

European Competition: Would rather not but wouldn't mind if the team suits the rest of requirements

Media Prediction: Not bothered

Board expectation: Not bothered

Transfer Budget: Not bothered

Wage budget: Enough to bring in a few players (2/3)

Finances: OK

Other: Looking for a side with an interesting history, maybe a side who have been successful in their domestic league (and maybe Europe) then fallen away and have got relegated or struggling down the bottom either that or a side in a minnow country that dominate (or compete) for the title every year and never make it anywhere in Europe.

Long term save is my main requirement.

European Competition: Would rather not but wouldn't mind if the team suits the rest of requirements

Other: Looking for a side with an interesting history, maybe a side who have been successful in their domestic league (and maybe Europe) then fallen away and have got relegated or struggling down the bottom either that or a side in a minnow country that dominate (or compete) for the title every year and never make it anywhere in Europe.

Deportivo la Coruna used to be big once upon a time. Now in the spanish 2nd division.

Nations: Anywhere, preferrably not in England

Division: All

European Competition: Rather not

Media Prediction: Secure mid-table

Board Expectation(s): Low

Wage Budget: Enough for the provided players

Finances: Stable/OK

Other:

- I'm looking for a financially stable club with players that suit a strikerless (preferrably 3 AMCs) tactic with wingbacks (CWB) - A high number of static strikers that are difficult to be sold wouldn't be helpful.

- Another requirement are low expectations from the board and sufficient time given to establish the new tactical format.

Nation: Anywhere in Europe but not countries with just one top team in the top tier.

Division: All, preferrably second tier.

European Competition: Nah, no.

Media Prediction: Bottom if in the first tier, otherwise doesn't matter.

Board Expectation(s): As the media prediction.

Transfer Budget: Not important.

Finances: Not important - but debt-free would be nice.

Other: Want to play 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 (2 dmc)...

One of the East-European sides that have won the Champions League before? Steaua, Red Star or something like that. Dominate domestic but difficult to attract top players and become a major force in Europe like the old days.

One of the East-European sides that have won the Champions League before? Steaua, Red Star or something like that. Dominate domestic but difficult to attract top players and become a major force in Europe like the old days.

Thank you and Jean0987654321. I'll take a look at those three sides and make my choice then. Appreciate it.

Nations: Anywhere, preferrably not in England

Division: All

European Competition: Rather not

Media Prediction: Secure mid-table

Board Expectation(s): Low

Wage Budget: Enough for the provided players

Finances: Stable/OK

Other:

- I'm looking for a financially stable club with players that suit a strikerless (preferrably 3 AMCs) tactic with wingbacks (CWB) - A high number of static strikers that are difficult to be sold wouldn't be helpful.

- Another requirement are low expectations from the board and sufficient time given to establish the new tactical format.

Most midtable teams in Netherlands (AZ, FC Gronigen, Uterect) are able to play 4-3-3 already. Maybe you can play a strikerless formation by pushing a striker back to SS (a)??

Nation: Anywhere in Europe but not countries with just one top team in the top tier.

Division: All, preferrably second tier.

European Competition: Nah, no.

Media Prediction: Bottom if in the first tier, otherwise doesn't matter.

Board Expectation(s): As the media prediction.

Transfer Budget: Not important.

Finances: Not important - but debt-free would be nice.

Other: Want to play 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 (2 dmc)...

You can get away with playing in Russia as Anji is beyond rich and you can get players there with ease to survive relegation

Archived