FM14: What Team should I be?

SRL88

Nation: Any Country in Europe which is not top 6 in Europe

Division: All

European Competition: Any.

Media Prediction: Any

Board Expectation(s): As the media prediction.

Transfer Budget: Room for one or two players or the ability to make room after shipping some players.

Wage Budget: Same as above.

Finances: Not important but good facilities.

Other:- I'm looking for a country where players can easily get citizenship and play for the national team. I want a big fish in small pond save.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nation: Any Country in Europe which is not top 6 in Europe

Division: All

European Competition: Any.

Board Expectation(s): As the media prediction.

Transfer Budget: Room for one or two players or the ability to make room after shipping some players.

Wage Budget: Same as above.

Finances: Not important but good facilities.

Other:- I'm looking for a country where players can easily get citizenship and play for the national team. I want a big fish in small pond save.

You can try Standard in Belgium. Your players can get a citizenship there in three years and play in the national team if they want to

Tnx for the reply. I wouldn't want to go with Belgium because, in my other save with Botafogo, Belgium won the 2014 world cup. I was looking for a country which I will build up by bringing Brazilian/Argentine prospects and then filling it with players from my academy

Tnx for the reply. I wouldn't want to go with Belgium because, in my other save with Botafogo, Belgium won the 2014 world cup. I was looking for a country which I will build up by bringing Brazilian/Argentine prospects and then filling it with players from my academy

Braga in Portugal could do the job as well. Prolly take longer to get a citizenship there tho.

Nation: England, Germany, Spain, Belgium, Holland, Switzerland or Portugal.

Division: Preferably not a top division, but this is not essential.

European Competition: Preferably none.

Media Prediction: Not important.

Board Expectation: Not important.

Transfer Budget: Not important.

Wage Budget: Not important, but preferably not in the red.

Finances: Not important.

Other: I'm looking for a club I can build up. I would like for the youth system to be in place (relatively speaking). It would also be nice if there was one player I could build the team up around.

Nation: England, Germany, Spain, Belgium, Holland, Switzerland or Portugal.

Division: Preferably not a top division, but this is not essential.

European Competition: Preferably none.

Wage Budget: Not important, but preferably not in the red.

Other: I'm looking for a club I can build up. I would like for the youth system to be in place (relatively speaking). It would also be nice if there was one player I could build the team up around.

Sporting Gijon (Spain)

Brazil has a long season. 50+ league games. You can win their main league in first season with almost any team since you will have around 6 months before main league starts. You will need a big squad since you will usually be playing 2 games a week and sometimes even 3. But the best thing about Brazil is developing your players. Almost all of the guys from your youth intake will have the potential to be in your squad. And since you will be playing very weak teams in the state championship, you can give them a lot of experience.

Nation: Higher european reputation leagues (not UK)

Division: Preferably the lowest league

European Competition: none

Wage Budget: Not important.

Other: I'm looking for a club that has not many trophies and not been in the higher leagues. Preferably with a decent youth system but not important. Looking for an enjoyable career game.

Nation: Higher european reputation leagues (not UK)

Division: Preferably the lowest league

European Competition: none

Wage Budget: Not important.

Other: I'm looking for a club that has not many trophies and not been in the higher leagues. Preferably with a decent youth system but not important. Looking for an enjoyable career game.

Eibar in the spanish 2nd division hasn't touched La Liga in a while now and they have a good youth system

Hi, just been sentenced to 2 weeks in bed on the sick by my doctor... soooo perfect time to start a new long save. Any fun idea's? (p,s, I may holiday the first season as you tend to get more budget 2nd season and available players are less repetitive from relegated teams etc)

Nation: Big 5 (England, Spain, Germany, Italy, France)

Division: Top

Euro: Pref Not.

Media: Mid / high mid

Board: mid table / europe

Transfer Budget: yes please, want to be able to build my own team so either a decent budget or sellable assets

Wages: In hand with transfer budget, room to maneuver

Finances: Enough for a transfer budget, other than that meh

Other: My ideal game would be Man Utd, next season, a rebuild job of a decent team. I ve already done Inter, so thinking maybe Spain Sevilla or Valencia... france, Lyon/maarselle/montpellier maybe, germany has hamburg and werder etc...

But i am open to suggestion

Hi, just been sentenced to 2 weeks in bed on the sick by my doctor... soooo perfect time to start a new long save. Any fun idea's? (p,s, I may holiday the first season as you tend to get more budget 2nd season and available players are less repetitive from relegated teams etc)

Nation: Big 5 (England, Spain, Germany, Italy, France)

Euro: Pref Not.

Media: Mid / high mid

Board: mid table / europe

Transfer Budget: yes please, want to be able to build my own team so either a decent budget or sellable assets

Wages: In hand with transfer budget, room to maneuver

Finances: Enough for a transfer budget, other than that meh

Other: My ideal game would be Man Utd, next season, a rebuild job of a decent team. I ve already done Inter, so thinking maybe Spain Sevilla or Valencia... france, Lyon/maarselle/montpellier maybe, germany has hamburg and werder etc...

But i am open to suggestion

Wolfsburg. Fueled by VM but have a lot of average players on high wages.

Hello guys, hope you can help me. So, my conditions...

Nation:Top 5 (England, Germany, Italy, Spain, France)

Division:Top divisions and second tiers

European Competition: Does not matter.

Media Prediction: Does not matter.

Board Expectation(s): Does not matter.

Transfer Budget: Does not matter.

Wage Budget: Does not matter.

Finances: Does not matter.

Other:Haven't played plain 4-4-2 in a while, so i'm looking for a team with players that would fit well in this formation.

That's all. Goodbye.

Hi, I'm looking for a big team in a small division (i.e. 3rd division or lower). I've played with Rangers, RB Leipzig and Wolves and I'm looking for a similar kind of team: Reputation higher than most of the teams in the division above it and decent size stadium/attendance/income. Maybe even in a division so low that I need a mod to play it. Any suggestions?

Hello guys, hope you can help me. So, my conditions...

Nation:Top 5 (England, Germany, Italy, Spain, France)

Division:Top divisions and second tiers

European Competition: Does not matter.

Media Prediction: Does not matter.

Board Expectation(s): Does not matter.

Transfer Budget: Does not matter.

Wage Budget: Does not matter.

Finances: Does not matter.

Other:Haven't played plain 4-4-2 in a while, so i'm looking for a team with players that would fit well in this formation.

That's all. Goodbye.

Tottenham under Tim Sherwood plays a 4-4-2 formation. You might need to bring in an extra striker just in case, tho

Hi, I'm looking for a big team in a small division (i.e. 3rd division or lower). I've played with Rangers, RB Leipzig and Wolves and I'm looking for a similar kind of team: Reputation higher than most of the teams in the division above it and decent size stadium/attendance/income. Maybe even in a division so low that I need a mod to play it. Any suggestions?

Have a save going in Brentford or Sheffield United. Big money and good facilities to get you up with ease.

• 2 weeks later...

Nation:Prefer England

Division:Championship or league one

European Competition:None

Media Prediction:Any

Board Expectation(s):Any

Transfer Budget:Enough to buy a decent player

Wage Budget:^^

Finances:okay

Other:I would preferably like to Build a team around a really good youngster that would end up being a good bpl player

Nation:Prefer England

Division:Championship or league one

European Competition:None

Media Prediction:Any

Board Expectation(s):Any

Transfer Budget:Enough to buy a decent player

Wage Budget:^^

Finances:okay

Other:I would preferably like to Build a team around a really good youngster that would end up being a good bpl player

Crewe has multiple youngsters that can fit your needs. Keep playing them and they will be EPL-ready

Saint-Etienne, in my opinion, would be a brilliant choice. I've had 6 great seasons there so am biased, but it's a club with good history, and no recent success. See if their club thread gets you inspired? Of the others, I like the Marseille squad.

Nation: Any of the Scandinavian Countries (Norway,Sweden,Finland,Denmark,Iceland)

Division:Not Bothered,Nothing too easy

European Competition: Not Bothered

Board Expectation(s): Any

Transfer Budget: Maybe at least something,even a quid :brock:

Wage Budget:again,even a little

Finances: Any

Other: Looking for something "different" to my usual household names saves.

Cheers guys

Nation: Any of the Scandinavian Countries (Norway,Sweden,Finland,Denmark,Iceland)

Division:Not Bothered,Nothing too easy

European Competition: Not Bothered

Board Expectation(s): Any

Transfer Budget: Maybe at least something,even a quid :brock:

Wage Budget:again,even a little

Other: Looking for something "different" to my usual household names saves.

Cheers guys

OB has some good youth going, but their finances are poor. If you can get a parent club and help them get to Europe, then you're fine

Nation: Germany

Division: Third Division

European Competition: --

Media Prediction: Top 10

Board Expectation(s): Top 10

Transfer Budget: Not important

Wage Budget: Enough to bring in some decent free transfers

Finances: Good

Other: Just looking for a third division German side, other that Leipzig, that should finish in the top 10 the first season. Preferably a team that other shave had fun playing.

Other: Just looking for a third division German side, other that Leipzig, that should finish in the top 10 the first season. Preferably a team that other shave had fun playing.

Duisburg

Munster is another team you can take a shot on.

Alright mates, trying to find a new save after my old PC crashed.

Nation: ENG, FRA, ESP, ITA

European Competition: Preferably

Media Prediction: Top 8

Transfer Budget: Enough to bring in a couple

Wage Budget: See transfer budget

Other: I'd like a fun team that has potential. To compare, I'm looking for teams that range from Southampton (mid-table but lots of potential) to Arsenal (top team that never wins a title).

Alright mates, trying to find a new save after my old PC crashed.

Nation: ENG, FRA, ESP, ITA

European Competition: Preferably

Media Prediction: Top 8

Transfer Budget: Enough to bring in a couple

Wage Budget: See transfer budget

Other: I'd like a fun team that has potential. To compare, I'm looking for teams that range from Southampton (mid-table but lots of potential) to Arsenal (top team that never wins a title).

Villarreal is back in La Liga and they should be able to do the business in this game. You can also try Schalke or Leverkusen. Young team with some good cash coming in

Nation: ENG

Division: Championship / League One / League Two (maybe!)

European Competition: N/A

Media Prediction: anything

Board Expectation(s): anything

Transfer Budget: Enough to have a gander in the market

Wage Budget: See above

Finances: Reasonable enough

Other: I just want a good long term FM game now that I'm free from Uni, but one that isn't too easy! Good facilities are not a must!

Other: I just want a good long term FM game now that I'm free from Uni, but one that isn't too easy! Good facilities are not a must!

Maybe Burnley with Sam Vokes and Danny Ings up front? Or Portsmouth who are a huge challenge.

I'm really stuck, need a team to play a save with for more than just a season or two like I usually do! I've recently done some sleeping giants (Rangers, AEK Athens, Wolves, RB Leipzig) and I'm looking for a team in a lower division outside England who have good youth intakes, decent finances and are favourites to get promoted. Any suggestions?

You should be able to have fun with Sheffield Wednesday. Got some decent cash coming in and some decent facilities. Another shout would be Charlton or Barnsley.

I'm really stuck, need a team to play a save with for more than just a season or two like I usually do! I've recently done some sleeping giants (Rangers, AEK Athens, Wolves, RB Leipzig) and I'm looking for a team in a lower division outside England who have good youth intakes, decent finances and are favourites to get promoted. Any suggestions?

Most teams in the Spanish second division have good facilities. I would give either Mallorca or Sporting Gijon a shot.

Maybe Burnley with Sam Vokes and Danny Ings up front? Or Portsmouth who are a huge challenge.
You should be able to have fun with Sheffield Wednesday. Got some decent cash coming in and some decent facilities. Another shout would be Charlton or Barnsley.

Cheers for the suggestions, guys. I'll check them out!

Swansea or Aston Villa and why ?

Both are good teams to take up, and I think they have different styles depending what you want.

The obvious difference is Europe, I think Swansea is quite a unique challenge as they're a midtable team who are in the Europa, so it makes it a good challenge to try and get a good league position in the league while trying to up you and your teams reputation by doing well in Europe. I'd also try and build on their strong Dutch contingent, with players like Vorm, De Guzman etc. Got a few great youth prospects in Shelvey and Ben Davies.

Aston Villa have probably the youngest squad in the league, with the majority of the players in your first team being around the 22 years old mark. This makes for an interesting save, as if you hold onto all your players for the future seasons they're only going to improve, so it will be tough in the beginning, but should then get better. Very strong English base, and also have a few high earners like Given, Bent and N'Zogbia, who could be sold off for some decent fundage.

Overall, I'd say they're both equally as good as each other, but both different challenges depending on what you want, if you want a crack at playing in Europe with a decent midtable side with potential, Swansea would be the pick of the bunch, I also like trying to increase on their Dutch base. If you're more into developing a young side, and focusing on English players, then I'd say Villa is the way forward.

Nation: Any really

Division: Preferably top

European Competition: Not overly bothered

Media Prediction: Not concerned

Board Expectation(s): Not too hard to achieve please

Transfer Budget: Enough to bring in the players needed

Wage Budget: -

Finances: Good, not hemorrhaging money

Other: Want a fun, exciting save that won't be too difficult but not too easy. Tempted to go for the MLS as I've never managed there before

AC Milan are pretty fun. Decent squad, with enough dispensable, but highly valued players to make enough money to build a decent team first season. In a league that is absolutely dominated by Juve though, with them being the richest club, with by far the strongest squad, making it a very good challenge. I started the save yesterday, and it's great fun. Milan also have a strong youth set-up, with a batch of very exciting youngsters already in the Under-19's, alongside Di Sciglio and El Shaarawy who have the potential to be superstars.

Nation: Any really

Division: Preferably top

European Competition: Not overly bothered

Media Prediction: Not concerned

Board Expectation(s): Not too hard to achieve please

Transfer Budget: Enough to bring in the players needed

Wage Budget: -

Finances: Good, not hemorrhaging money

Other: Want a fun, exciting save that won't be too difficult but not too easy. Tempted to go for the MLS as I've never managed there before

Real Sociedad is a fun save. You get a decent lump of cash at the start and you have a STACKED squad with potential

Archived