FM14: What Team should I be?

SRL88

FM14 - What Team Should I Be?

Template One - For users who would like to recommend a team

The same layout as the last two years which I feel is most effective.

Club:

Division:

Transfer Budget:

Wage Budget:

Finances:

Board Expectation(s):

Key Players:

Pros:

Cons:

Level of Difficulty (1-10 with 10 being difficult):

Additional Information:

Template Two - For users who arent quite sure what team to be and would like some advice.

Nation:

Division:

European Competition:

Media Prediction:

Board Expectation(s):

Transfer Budget:

Wage Budget:

Finances:

Other:

Simply copy and paste the template above into your post box and enter the information required and the fine people on the GPTG Thread will do the rest!!!

If you need any further advice on your specific club, please look in our Official Forum Links.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nation: England

Division: BSS/BSN/BSP

European Competition:-

Media Prediction:1-10

Board Expectation(s):-

Transfer Budget:

Wage Budget:

Finances: okay

Other:

I am really enjoying a save as Gateshead at the moment. I would recommend them.

Division: top in their country

Other: I'm looking for a team with a very versatile squad to test some different tactics in the beta. Shouldn't be so good that you win most fixtures regardless of tactics though, so no Man City etc.

Athletico Madrid in Spain?

Should beat most middling and lower sides in the league but teams like Sevilla, Valencia, Bilbao and of course Barca/Real will give you a strong game.

Otherwise you could look at Marseille in France, any of the Spanish teams listed above; Roma/Inter/Fiorentina in Serie A perhaps?

Nation: Preferably Italy, Spain, Belgium, Portugal, Germany, or France

Division: Not important.

European Competition: Preferably none.

Media Prediction: None too high.

Board Expectation(s): None too high.

Transfer Budget: Not important.

Wage Budget: Not important.

Finances: Not important.

Other: I would like a team that has a youngster to build around. Be it a goalkeeper, defender, midfielder or striker. I would also like for the team to have good youth facilities (junior coaching and recruitment network). Something like Feirense in FM13, though not Feirense. A small team with the building blocks in place to take them to the top.

Other: I'm looking for a team with a very versatile squad to test some different tactics in the beta. Shouldn't be so good that you win most fixtures regardless of tactics though, so no Man City etc.

Thought you would go with HSV.

Division: Premiership

Tottenham, Liverpool or Arsenal? I want a good challenge. Want to challenge the title in first season and become the main force in the league on medium term. I don't want anything too easy either.

Seems to me your main decider would be the European competition you want to play in. I don't think any of these would be too hard to challenge the title with, Tottenham has the better youth and training facilities if that makes a difference to you.

But yeah, the main difference would be if you want to play Champions League and play against some major European forces, Europa League and maybe go for the silverware there or just focus on the BPL without distractions.

Juventus have got bags of potential tactics-wise - no real wingers but everything else, including wing-backs and different types of strikers.

Napoli would also be good.

Other: I would like a team that has a youngster to build around. Be it a goalkeeper, defender, midfielder or striker. I would also like for the team to have good youth facilities (junior coaching and recruitment network). Something like Feirense in FM13, though not Feirense. A small team with the building blocks in place to take them to the top.

In Italy you can take Lazio (has some promising youngsters like Keita, Crecco, Touranka), Atalanta (famous for his youngsters), Parma, Roma

In Italy you can take Lazio (has some promising youngsters like Keita, Crecco, Touranka), Atalanta (famous for his youngsters), Parma, Roma

Thanks, mate. I'm certainly considering Atalanta and Lazio. Roma may be too big of a club for me.

Division: Not Premier or Championship

European Competition: N/A

Media Prediction: Anything

Board Expectation(s): As above

Transfer Budget: Generous for division and ideally with an ambitions owner looking to be best in Europe.

Wage Budget: As above.

Finances: As above but not in loads of debt.

Other: I am looking for a club that has never won the league (ever) so I can take them to an all-time high over a number of years. A club with a decent reputation so its not impossible to sign players. Something like Notts County a few years ago. A club with a Wonderkid would be ideal as well !!

Division: Premier

European Competition: Not need

Media Prediction: not in the top8th

Board Expectation(s): Realistic, don't need to qualify to Euro League

Transfer Budget: Some, 5M € at least

Wage Budget: Not above the budget

Finances: Ok or better

Other: Want one hard challenge. Like young team with balanced mind. The academy must be Good.

Teams in mind: Everton (the expectations are high!), Saints (think that will be easy), Newcastle or Aston Villa (two great challenges!) and we still always have Cardiff...

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Other: Want one hard challenge. Like young team with balanced mind. The academy must be Good.

Teams in mind: Everton (the expectations are high!), Saints (think that will be easy), Newcastle or Aston Villa (two great challenges!) and we still always have Cardiff...

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Fulham is a challenge, the new chairman won't fling money around but if it is there he will agree to your requests, if its not he won't. I'm in season 3 and i've had x2 training & x2 youth facilities upgrades.

I never got given extra money for January for my first 2 seasons however with the money the champions league brings he just gave 3 million into my transfer budget 10 games in.

First season he asks for top half finish, so quite realistic.

There are no philosophies so basically a blank canvas for you to scuplt and make your own.

FM14 Fulham Thread

Division: Not Premier or Championship

European Competition: N/A

Media Prediction: Anything

Board Expectation(s): As above

Transfer Budget: Generous for division and ideally with an ambitions owner looking to be best in Europe.

Wage Budget: As above.

Finances: As above but not in loads of debt.

Other: I am looking for a club that has never won the league (ever) so I can take them to an all-time high over a number of years. A club with a decent reputation so its not impossible to sign players. Something like Notts County a few years ago. A club with a Wonderkid would be ideal as well !!

Sheffield United start in League 1 with 1,5 million pounds which can be adjusted up to 2 millions.They did won a league though but over 100 years ago.There is no wonderkid in the squad but few promising players in Harry Maguire,Callum McFadzen,Diego di Girolamano...

Division: Championship or League 1

European Competition: None

Media Prediction: anything (preferably not Top 5)

Board Expectation(s): anything (see above)

Transfer Budget: Shoud be enough to make some signings

Wage Budget: see above

Finances: Secure (no debts)

Other: Lookings of a club with a balanced squad and I love having 1-2 star players/wonderkids who are "too good" for their current league. Ideally not a top club from their respective division.

Nation: Germany

Division: 1st Bundesliga

European Competition: Doesnt matter

Media Prediction: Doesnt matter

Board Expectation(s): not winner :)

Transfer Budget: around 8m € would not be bad.

Wage Budget: sufficient

Finances: Stable or better

Other: A team with a lot of good central/box to box midfielders and a one-dimensional striker :)

Because Hoffenheim SHOULD be anything i want in a club? :)

Hoffenheim are just :cool:. That is all :brock:.

Seriously though, always been a good save, especially with their rapid rise up through the leagues. The money seems to have died down a little and their better players have left, although you still have Andreas Beck, Sejad Salihovic & Roberto Firmino who themselves make for an excellent base.

Club: Coventry

Division: League 1

Transfer Budget: 0

Wage Budget: minus 10k

Finances: horrendous

Board Expectation(s): none!

Key Players: Andy Webster, Leon Clarke, John Fleck

Pros: erm.... the £40m debt gets restructured at least.

Cons: everything. Best players will be sold, zero money to offer contracts, which means you must rely on completely free loans to survive. Squad also very young.

Level of Difficulty (1-10 with 10 being difficult): 11

Additional Information: and they start off with -10 points

Nation: Germany

Division: 1st Bundesliga

European Competition: Doesnt matter

Media Prediction: Doesnt matter

Board Expectation(s): not winner :)

Transfer Budget: around 8m € would not be bad.

Wage Budget: sufficient

Finances: Stable or better

Other: A team with a lot of good central/box to box midfielders and a one-dimensional striker :)

Sounds like Gladbach to me.

Intering and versatile youngs CMs and a poacher striker in de Jong (irl they are playing the more versatile Kruse and Raffael bu I guess in FM de Jong should match them CA-wise)

Sheffield United start in League 1 with 1,5 million pounds which can be adjusted up to 2 millions.They did won a league though but over 100 years ago.There is no wonderkid in the squad but few promising players in Harry Maguire,Callum McFadzen,Diego di Girolamano...

Good suggestion, I guess they can attract players with their reputation.

Anyone know the budgets for Fleetwood, Peterborough (given sales over the summer), Leyton Orient or Newport ? I like these sides for various reasons.

Or, I might just be Sutton United and use the in game editor to change the Chairman

Fulham is a challenge, the new chairman won't fling money around but if it is there he will agree to your requests, if its not he won't. I'm in season 3 and i've had x2 training & x2 youth facilities upgrades.

I never got given extra money for January for my first 2 seasons however with the money the champions league brings he just gave 3 million into my transfer budget 10 games in.

First season he asks for top half finish, so quite realistic.

There are no philosophies so basically a blank canvas for you to scuplt and make your own.

FM14 Fulham Thread

The problem with Fulham is that the media says that will finish in 8th, and the Chairman will probabily want the EURO. I want a club that i could bring from the last place to the top.

Like: Stoke or West Ham.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Not got the game yet but I'd suggest looking at the teams you've mentioned and then strongly considering Norwich on top of that, who aren't predicted for anything great. They might not have the budget or that and I'm not sure how their academy will be, but they've got some really good players, some good young players too and they've got real potential to turn into something beautiful.

Nation: England, France, Germany or Italy

Division: Lower the better

European Competition: -

Media Prediction: Does not matter

Board Expectation(s): Does not matter

Transfer Budget: Ok to great

Wage Budget: Ok to great

Finances: Ok to great

Other: Great facilities and youth recruitment and hopefully good stadium. Looking for a team that I can easily reshape and bring to the top. Current squad does not matter.

Nation: England, France, Germany or Italy

Division: Lower the better

European Competition: -

Media Prediction: Does not matter

Board Expectation(s): Does not matter

Transfer Budget: Ok to great

Wage Budget: Ok to great

Finances: Ok to great

Other: Great facilities and youth recruitment and hopefully good stadium. Looking for a team that I can easily reshape and bring to the top. Current squad does not matter.

RSB Leipzig in the German 3rd Division?

Founded only in 2009 so a fresh canvas, training and youth facilities graded as "Great" and rent free 44,345 all seater stadium.

You start with as affiliates; NY Red Bulls in the American MLS and Red Bull Salzburg in Austria as merchandising top ups on the cash, and besides Germany's always a fun league to go for as well. Huge potential.

RSB Leipzig in the German 3rd Division?

Founded only in 2009 so a fresh canvas, training and youth facilities graded as "Great" and rent free 44,345 all seater stadium.

You start with as affiliates; NY Red Bulls in the American MLS and Red Bull Salzburg in Austria as merchandising top ups on the cash, and besides Germany's always a fun league to go for as well. Huge potential.

Exactly what I was looking for. Will take a look when I get off this damn work and can start my FM-weekend. Thanks!

Exactly what I was looking for. Will take a look when I get off this damn work and can start my FM-weekend. Thanks!

No worries. They start with a decent squad, over £4M in the bank and only expect a mid-table finish so you should be given time to build them in your mould.

On the flipside you have no transfer budget at game start, but as a long term project this shouldn't be too much of a biggie. :D Sure the £8.45M per year sponsorship deal they have until 2018 will help anyone on their way....

No worries. They start with a decent squad, over £4M in the bank and only expect a mid-table finish so you should be given time to build them in your mould.

On the flipside you have no transfer budget at game start, but as a long term project this shouldn't be too much of a biggie. :D Sure the £8.45M per year sponsorship deal they have until 2018 will help anyone on their way....

RSB Leipzig in the German 3rd Division look great but what is the closest to that in England ? I am looking for a challenge in the English league with a side that has never won the league.

Also, with RSB Leipzig do you struggle to attract players as they are a new club and in Germany. For example, a ser versions ago I got Fleetwood to the EPL and had Rooney upfront but dont want to start a long terms game and game a side that can not attract players.

RSB Leipzig in the German 3rd Division look great but what is the closest to that in England ? I am looking for a challenge in the English league with a side that has never won the league.

Also, with RSB Leipzig do you struggle to attract players as they are a new club and in Germany. For example, a ser versions ago I got Fleetwood to the EPL and had Rooney upfront but dont want to start a long terms game and game a side that can not attract players.

Not sure if there is a direct equivalent in England. :( If it's a lower league team with potential to compete at the top then Wolves in the English 3rd tier is an obvious one. But they have won the league albeit 50odd years ago. Or Sheffield Utd? If it's a team with amazing youth facilities and recruitment, then maybe Crewe?

I'm just tinkering with RSB Leipzig as a quick beta save but have attracted a few players on free's that are more than good enough for that division by adjusting the wage budget, moving on some of the deadwood. Bearing in mind Leipzig were promoted in to that division irl last season without losing a league game, so already have a very good side for that level (Frahn and Poulsen, their two SC's are hot; the latter already a very good Danish U21 international).

I've got a couple very good older players and a few of very decent looking 1. Bundesliga youth players who are German U19 internationals already saying they'd be interested in joining, but you don't have a transfer budget in the first season so I can't get them yet though I don't see a problem in attracting in the future. I'm halfway through the first season and getting crowds of 15000, so I don't think this club is a Crewe or Fleetwood in terms of ceilings. That said, I know nothing about the team irl, so maybe somebody who does can chip in as to their potential?

They look like the new Hoffenheim to me, their rise up the divisions looks space rocket-ish (they were only formed in 2009!).

I'm still looking for an L1/L2 London based team to play as and like to get as much feedback as I can. Looking at Orient as my first choice. Also thinking about Dag and Red. Not sold on Wimbledon but they are a possibility. History is not important as I don't follow the league and can't watch the games stateside. I just want to have a team that I can also see in real life when I visit in early 2014. Any suggestions? Thanks.

I'm still looking for an L1/L2 London based team to play as and like to get as much feedback as I can. Looking at Orient as my first choice. Also thinking about Dag and Red. Not sold on Wimbledon but they are a possibility. History is not important as I don't follow the league and can't watch the games stateside. I just want to have a team that I can also see in real life when I visit in early 2014. Any suggestions? Thanks.

The best supported London team in L1/L2 is Brentford, they're on the outskirts of London and get crowds of 7000ish. They're pretty competitive in that league (currently 5th of 24 teams). Orient aren't far behind in terms of crowds and are doing really well in the League this season (currently top, only lost 1 of 14 games) so I'd go for them.

Average attendance compared to others in their league is important to me in FM so a yardstick I always look at, it shows a) how much money I can make or sustain and b) shows some potential for me to stand a chance of taking them to the promised land.

*And if you're going to see them irl, ave attendance is never a bad place to start; you want some atmosphere in games and not be there with just you and one man and his dog stood behind the goal sipping stewed tea in an empty-ish ground. Them being competitive in the league is a bonus on that as well. If you can tie in the game(s) you visit with them playing each other or one of the big clubs in that league visiting (Sheff Utd, Wolves, Bristol City) then even better?

Nation: Somewhere in EU.

Division: Top divisions

European Competition: Don't care.

Media Prediction: mid table+

Board Expectation(s): mid table+

Transfer Budget: Preferably some money, no Man City type of money.

Wage Budget: yeah I would like a wage budget

Finances: doesn't matter a lot

Other: I want to create a 4222 (no wingers) so I need a team with DMC's and AMC's. I don't know much teams that don't have wingers.

edit: nm gonna try with Liverpool. GOML Rodgers!

Just started a save with Leipzig on your advice here, looks like a very interesting save, however i'm getting battered in pre season against very poor teams!! can i ask what formation and team strategies you decided on and which free transfers you went for?

Nation: Any

Division: Any

European Competition: not fussed

Media Prediction: not fussed

Board Expectation(s): not fussed

Transfer Budget: goodish - decent

Wage Budget: same above

Finances: not fussed.

Other:

Was thinking about Dortmund or Napoli but I want to build up a team and challenge for titles etc etc.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Nation: Any

Division: Any

European Competition: Any

Media Prediction: Any

Board Expectation(s): Any

Transfer Budget: Any

Wage Budget: Any

Finances: Any

Other: I want a team which reperesents another country in another league, I know about Wellington Pheonix in the A-League, San Marino in Italy and the Welsh clubs in England, but are there any others?

The best supported London team in L1/L2 is Brentford, they're on the outskirts of London and get crowds of 7000ish. They're pretty competitive in that league (currently 5th of 24 teams). Orient aren't far behind in terms of crowds and are doing really well in the League this season (currently top, only lost 1 of 14 games) so I'd go for them.

Average attendance compared to others in their league is important to me in FM so a yardstick I always look at, it shows a) how much money I can make or sustain and b) shows some potential for me to stand a chance of taking them to the promised land.

*And if you're going to see them irl, ave attendance is never a bad place to start; you want some atmosphere in games and not be there with just you and one man and his dog stood behind the goal sipping stewed tea in an empty-ish ground. Them being competitive in the league is a bonus on that as well. If you can tie in the game(s) you visit with them playing each other or one of the big clubs in that league visiting (Sheff Utd, Wolves, Bristol City) then even better?

Thanks. I like Orient too since they have some budget and are doing well IRL. Also, the game I am targeting will be against Sheffield United so that is another plus as you mentioned.

Thanks. I like Orient too since they have some budget and are doing well IRL. Also, the game I am targeting will be against Sheffield United so that is another plus as you mentioned.

No worries.

Just started a save with Leipzig on your advice here, looks like a very interesting save, however i'm getting battered in pre season against very poor teams!! can i ask what formation and team strategies you decided on and which free transfers you went for?

Using Mr U Rosler's FULCRUM tactic here as the baseplate and have been tinkering with it to refine it:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/366000-FM14-TACTIC-quot-THE-FULCRUM-quot-Back-to-Back-Promotions-Cup-Win?p=9137059#post9137059

....seems to be working well. I had a nightmare pre-season though, so don't worry if it's a slow starter. You're the top passing team in that league and the board insist on the 'keep possession' philosophy and the FULCRUM seems to suit. I'm currently 4th at Xmas.

Archived