Any teams you are thinking of doing on FM14?

hi guys, last night the Wigan getting relegated thing got me thinking, it got me thinking that doing Wigan would be a good save to do on FM14! trying to get them back to the Premier League, keep their best players and also be in the Europa League!

anyone thought of which teams to do on FM14 yet and why?

Freiburg without their 4 top players, Bayern with an extremely strong squad, Manchester United to take over from Sir Alex and p*** off Mourinho, Benfica to make them finally win a European trophy :D

Probably a journeyman, but if I pick a certain side, it'd probably be someone like Stockport County or Partick Thistle. Both very different challenges. It'll probably be another attempt at the Tetradecagon though.

That was my point. Their best players will have been sold before the OP starts the new game.

I really wish there was an option to begin at the end of the last season i.e. before the transfers really begin.

I always find the first season a bit of a grind as you are really playing with another managers transfers

I've stayed away from managing my club (Bury) this year as I figured trying to keep them in L1 would be damned hard work. Now they've gone down, I'll probably try and get them back up.

Wolves have already released some of their best (in game) players...

Hunt, SEB and Berra are already gone... might be a decent blank slate to start with there.

Hull will be very interesting, with a solid base to build on, and a reported decent budget for the prem, they should be great.

My precious Leeds will hopefully keep hold of Byram, Lees, White and co and should be in a better position to challenge next season too.

Watford will always be a decent proposition with the backing they have currently... not to mention the talent in the team like Hoban, Murray and co.

Might go back to Ireland and play a lower league game moving up to continental football. I did that in FM11 and had some success, but dynamic reputation might allow me to go even further than just making up the numbers in group stages.

i might start of unemployed or the team as i often use, bolton, although usallyn get sacked within the first 5 years, only once ive lasted longer - on an old fm08 save won every trophy npossible - apart from the champs leauge... then it crashed, was quite dissopointed :(

I really wish there was an option to begin at the end of the last season i.e. before the transfers really begin.

I always find the first season a bit of a grind as you are really playing with another managers transfers

I agree, I sometimes decide to skip the first season, then choose a team and have a decent transfer budget and be able to sell anyone!

It will be Wolves like every year, as Welshace says the first chunk of players have gone, and I strongly expect many more to follow in the upcoming window, by the time the season starts we will likely be almost unrecognisable from FM 13, so immediate promotion wont be easy by any means. On the flip side, if we did keep some of the fat earners like Johnson, O hara etc, then you would pretty much have to get promoted in the 1st season, as 25-35 K per week contracts will run you dry very quickly in league 1.

YEOVIL all the way, a team on a tiny budget with a tiny stadium and a tiny squad and rep, would be very very difficult and someone to make it work would be amazing !!!! i am a proud yeoviltonian !!!! i have once taken them from league 1 to league 2 then back up in about 15 seasons to premiership however i lost 28 games on the trot and got fired ( not sure why !?!? lol) that was fm2012 thou ! never had a budget of more than 1mill !!!!

Archived