*Official* Football Manager 2013 Constructive non-ME Feedback Thread

I seem to remember the last point as being something that has been prevalent in many of the games over the years

I have never seen it in all my years playing this game,in previous versions if a highlight came up at the end of the game there would be a shot on goal.

In this years version it shows the last 2 minutes and it is just a team passing it around with no shot on goal,the highlight of this bit is the final whistle,really frustrating when you are looking for a goal and painful to watch your team pass it around the opposing teams box until the whistle goes,as I said a terrible addition to the game.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We are aware if this. I made a balls up in ME1310 and we'll be rolling a fix out for this issue as soon as we can verify its resolved and build up the new code. My apologies. Fortunately its a relatively rare occurance.......

I appreciate all of SI's quick responses to problems. And I just had the bad luck of the rare occurance happening in my first game of the season...

I have been a FM player since the early days and I got to be honest, I am not pleased with this Match Engine. I know you guys work your tails off to put a great product on the shelf and I really hope that the match engine can be fixed sooner rather than later.

I don't care for interface, skins, online and all that other jazz. As long as I got a good match engine I am a happy camper.

Keep it up SI

1st up, I've played every version of this since CM97/98. And logged over 700 hours on FM 12 and loved them all. Impressions of FM13 so far, I have to be honest, are very disappointing.

It's very user unfriendly. In the past we've had Miles quoting usability studies in relation to major interface changes. I'd love to hear the logic of replacing the tabs from the last couple of versions with tiny buttons which are further away from any relevant information. Peversely the banners on which those buttons sit seem to have expanded to create swathes of redundant space. The profile screens for players and competions are horrible to look at and far too full of information. And in the competition screens the info can't even be altered. Do I need to see past winners every time I look at a league table?

The changes to the match screen are also a backward step. The loss of the ability to watch a match in split view and have highlights in full screen is a major disappointement. Especially as in tv view the widgest still sit over the pitch when a highlight plays. The shrinking of the clock and tucking it in a corner also seems very illogical. I like to play matches at high speed looking at match stats and glancing up at the time. In games so far I've had to pause and take a few seconds to locate the closk to see where I'm up to.

Plenty here have posted about the ME and my pre season so far has been a patter of dominating games only to lose to goals from corners/long throws or crosses drifiting over my keepers head. The fact that the tactics and player roles are unchanged since the inception of the creator is also a disappointment. For me a modern 4-2-3-1 comprises two midfielders who are halfway between DM and M and 3 who are halfway between M and AM. The two wide players of the 3 neither fit into AM C or AMR/L IMHO and should be somewhere in between as they should also be in a Barca style 4-1-2-3. Think of the evolution of football tactics in the last few years alone yet in FM you can still only place your players in the same places you could 15 years ago.

Above all these things however, is there is simply nothing new here for the dedicated FM player (still SI's core demograhpic surely?). Yes there's FMC and Versus but there isn't a single substantial new feature in the career mode which adds anything to the experience. Just changes for changes' sake. You've developed a spin off game that delegates a lot of tasks. You can choose to delegate many tasks. And if, for example, you want to be hands on and put together your own training schedules? Nope, it's been stripped down beyond any point or recognition anyway.

A stated at the top, I'm a long time player of this series and this is the 1st time I feel let down by it. I may well have a long look at the new features list and have serious thoughts about whether I buy next year. And that's sad.

1st up, I've played every version of this since CM97/98. And logged over 700 hours on FM 12 and loved them all. Impressions of FM13 so far, I have to be honest, are very disappointing.

It's very user unfriendly. In the past we've had Miles quoting usability studies in relation to major interface changes. I'd love to hear the logic of replacing the tabs from the last couple of versions with tiny buttons which are further away from any relevant information. Peversely the banners on which those buttons sit seem to have expanded to create swathes of redundant space. The profile screens for players and competions are horrible to look at and far too full of information. And in the competition screens the info can't even be altered. Do I need to see past winners every time I look at a league table?

The changes to the match screen are also a backward step. The loss of the ability to watch a match in split view and have highlights in full screen is a major disappointement. Especially as in tv view the widgest still sit over the pitch when a highlight plays. The shrinking of the clock and tucking it in a corner also seems very illogical. I like to play matches at high speed looking at match stats and glancing up at the time. In games so far I've had to pause and take a few seconds to locate the closk to see where I'm up to.

Plenty here have posted about the ME and my pre season so far has been a patter of dominating games only to lose to goals from corners/long throws or crosses drifiting over my keepers head. The fact that the tactics and player roles are unchanged since the inception of the creator is also a disappointment. For me a modern 4-2-3-1 comprises two midfielders who are halfway between DM and M and 3 who are halfway between M and AM. The two wide players of the 3 neither fit into AM C or AMR/L IMHO and should be somewhere in between as they should also be in a Barca style 4-1-2-3. Think of the evolution of football tactics in the last few years alone yet in FM you can still only place your players in the same places you could 15 years ago.

Above all these things however, is there is simply nothing new here for the dedicated FM player (still SI's core demograhpic surely?). Yes there's FMC and Versus but there isn't a single substantial new feature in the career mode which adds anything to the experience. Just changes for changes' sake. You've developed a spin off game that delegates a lot of tasks. You can choose to delegate many tasks. And if, for example, you want to be hands on and put together your own training schedules? Nope, it's been stripped down beyond any point or recognition anyway.

A stated at the top, I'm a long time player of this series and this is the 1st time I feel let down by it. I may well have a long look at the new features list and have serious thoughts about whether I buy next year. And that's sad.

It seems the introduction of the console mode AKA FMC has shaved some of the glorious useful features of FM.

well said !

How can you play FM if you have to set the coaching training assignments every match ?

If that is confirmed it's a show stopper.

A show stopper would be an inability to start matches, or the game crashing when you press continue on a Saturday, for example.

This is most definitely not a show stopper. It's a bug, and not even a particularly major one, at least in my view. There's plenty more major issues, although I have no doubt that it's one SI will fix, if the issue is confirmed to be real.

Now stop exaggerating and panic-mongering, for the love of bacon.

I have just finished my first season and Won the league, league cup and Champions league with Man Utd. Only prob is I am in debt to the tune

of £24M. I am 100k under my wage and I still have £16M in transfers.

Other than that I love it, there is a few ME probs as noted above. Such as Van Persie hardly scoring etc. I was thinking that may be down to my team talks though.

1) You can still watch matches in Split View. Choose "Split" under the Pitch tab.

2) You can still watch matches in full-screen "TV" mode by clicking on the maximise button in the bottom right of the pitch.

If I've misunderstood either of these issues, let me know.

Processing time on the game has nosedived for me. Have changed from GPU to software with no change, anyone got some suggestions to speed it up.

My pc is quadcore etc so it's way beyond spec.

This game is a heck of a lot better than the beta!! It's much more polished and it's even fun to play. I am now a happy customer and this could be my favourite FM game yet. Although 526 hours played on FM 11 will take some beating of course.

A show stopper would be an inability to start matches, or the game crashing when you press continue on a Saturday, for example.

This is most definitely not a show stopper. It's a bug, and not even a particularly major one, at least in my view. There's plenty more major issues, although I have no doubt that it's one SI will fix, if the issue is confirmed to be real.

Now stop exaggerating and panic-mongering, for the love of bacon.

Well, to me this is not a minor bug.

Question : do you set your coaching assignments each match ? It is like to build up the formation from scratch each single match....yes you can play but why wasting so much time each match if FM13 is supposed to save you more time than previous versions ?

Then, the coaching assignments is one of the key factors to obtain good results, you can't skip it hoping for the best.

Let's dig it out a bit. This is not a cosmetic feature like the color of the supporters or the font size of attributes, this is an hard core aspect bug that has been highlighted here and within the bug forum since the beta release.

This is not a feature we've added, but has been caused by some of the under the hood changes made to the Match screen this version. All I can say for the time being is that we are aware that this is an inconvenience to some, and would have addressed this by now if it was a simple thing to change, but unfortunately it's not.

Well the games seems mostly ok, but as the match screen has become a step back as well, how about just reverting to the old one :)

1) You can still watch matches in Split View. Choose "Split" under the Pitch tab.

2) You can still watch matches in full-screen "TV" mode by clicking on the maximise button in the bottom right of the pitch.

If I've misunderstood either of these issues, let me know.

Not him, but annoyed by the same thing. "The loss of the ability to watch a match in split view and have highlights in full screen." In previous games, the view would switch automatically from the match view to a screen of your choosing.

But now, you either have to do it manually, or you have to get used to a tiny little window in the middle of the screen - and the game not taking advantage of neither all the space available on a screen nor the wealth of options and stats.

You can still win, improve players and everything else without messing around with coaches, although its still a frustrating bug. They will sort it as soon as they can, until then live with it.

FM without coaches is FM without training. I am astonished seeing that everybody seems to play without taking care about the training.

Anyway IMO that's more than frustrating as you correctly pointed out. A football manager game with no training doesn't make sense. I do not want to rebuild the coaching structure after each time I press " continue ".

Pretty much this.

I also started with CM97/98 and this is the first time I just can't get any fun out of the game,pretty let down at the moment.

I have serious doubts that any future patches will make it enjoyable enough to play the game.

It could very well be the end of the road in regards to me playing future FM games,I guess all things come to an end,/Start SEGA rant I still in part put the blame on SEGA's doorstep and there need to have the game released every year before Christmas sales regardless of what state the game is in /End SEGA rant.

Did you create a new shout inside the match? We're looking at an issue where if you create a new shout, your tactics will become disabled until the end of the half.

That may be the problem, it happened in the first half where all the options went dark and wouldnt let me select anything, but went back to normal after half-time!

I don't touch the training screen ever, coaching is best left to coaches AFAIC

This is the way you play, that's ok for me. I doubt anyway that everybody likes to skip the training session in such a kind of game, am I wrong ?

Hi, I was the guy who posted about the Editor not working - as in players you create just don't appear in the final game. I mean not only is this a ridiculous problem, how can you release a game like this with massive errors like this?

So at the minute I'm sitting here with a game Ive paid hard earn money for and It's unplayable. In my thread it was responded 'we know this issue and are looking into it' And that was it, no apology, no proper feedback no estimated time It will be fixed, no details of how I will know it has been fixed. So am I going to be sitting here without being able to play for what a week? Months? Some clarity would be nice here SI, at the minute this is pretty appalling customer support.

Is it still meant to say BETA in the bottom left hand corner of the start screen if you have updated to full version? Also if I have updated can I continue with my beta saved with the updates or will I have to restart a new game?

Once you have updated to the full version the BETA should no longer appear. As for the save, you will be able to continue with your beta save in the full game :)

Hi, I was the guy who posted about the Editor not working - as in players you create just don't appear in the final game. I mean not only is this a ridiculous problem, how can you release a game like this with massive errors like this?

So at the minute I'm sitting here with a game Ive paid hard earn money for and It's unplayable. In my thread it was responded 'we know this issue and are looking into it' And that was it, no apology, no proper feedback no estimated time It will be fixed, no details of how I will know it has been fixed. So am I going to be sitting here without being able to play for what a week? Months? Some clarity would be nice here SI, at the minute this is pretty appalling customer support.

In the bugs forum an SI staff member has apologised in all fairness. But I do agree with the majority of your comments.

This and the coach training bug are a tad annoying

Once you have updated to the full version the BETA should no longer appear. As for the save, you will be able to continue with your beta save in the full game :)

Well mine is still showing the BETA in the bottom left even though I am pretty sure I have updated to the full version. How would I be able to tell if it has updated?

I wonder if I'm the only one who notices this problem or not.

How many times do players dribble past/run past their oppenents?(yes they do when they are running at left or right side of the pitch but I mean other than those)

From my experience,it is very rarely,maybe even rarer than rarely that players dribble past/run past their oppenents.

But maybe the full version of the game doesn't have this problem?I have the demo of the game.

Is this considered a bug,can I post this to bugs section?

I noticed this as well. I have a AMC with run with ball set to "often" and 15+ dribble, but at the end of every match he always has at most 1 run. Seems like players playing center positions don't dribble with ball at all in general. I think it's worth investigating.

In the bugs forum an SI staff member has apologised in all fairness. But I do agree with the majority of your comments.

This and the coach training bug are a tad annoying

Yeah fair enough on that but they should apologise to everybody really.

These are game-breaking issues for some people, how the Editor one is allowed to slip through is just totally beyond me, how was this not seen? Have they done no testing whatsoever? This is just so basic.

Imagine buying a car then when getting it being told oh yeah, the headlights aren't working. You can't drive it now but It's ok because we know about the problem and are looking into it..

Just some clarity would be nice, an estimation or something. If It's more than a few days I'll be furious to be honest but would just like to know.

• Administrators
Yeah fair enough on that but they should apologise to everybody really.

These are game-breaking issues for some people, how the Editor one is allowed to slip through is just totally beyond me, how was this not seen? Have they done no testing whatsoever? This is just so basic.

Imagine buying a car then when getting it being told oh yeah, the headlights aren't working. You can't drive it now but It's ok because we know about the problem and are looking into it..

Just some clarity would be nice, an estimation or something. If It's more than a few days I'll be furious to be honest but would just like to know.

It would have been working pretty much all through the test cycle, then a late change would have broken it unfortunately. That's the perils of software development. As we've said we're aware of it and it's something we'll be looking to resolve as soon as we can.

I have never seen it in all my years playing this game,in previous versions if a highlight came up at the end of the game there would be a shot on goal.

In this years version it shows the last 2 minutes and it is just a team passing it around with no shot on goal,the highlight of this bit is the final whistle,really frustrating when you are looking for a goal and painful to watch your team pass it around the opposing teams box until the whistle goes,as I said a terrible addition to the game.

Disagree with this. In my many years and hours playing the game also, I have found that the last few minutes in added time can be a bit of a pain, especially if you are winning 1-0 or by a one goal margin. They always seem to show the highlights, even if nothing happens and they just pass it around. Yes around 50% of the time there will be a shot on goal, so perhaps the problem is more severe but just passing around in the last few minutes of a game is something that I have noticed for a long time tbh

Good afternoon everyone.

After 60 min in my first pre season game (Spurs v Le Havre), the last 30 min lasts about 5 sec and it's over. Unfortunately I can't join the match pkm even though I'll try it again later. Has anybody experienced this very strange situation ? I was watching the whole match and it stopped after an hour but still goes to the last minute in just a few seconds. The time bar at the bottom of the screen is without any changes from 60 to 90 and the players condition is after 90 min exactly as it was after 60 min.

Hope you guys at SI Games headquarters have a clue about what it possibly could be.

By the way, if defender collect seems to be fixed, I can't play short corner kicks or free-kicks...

Cheers.

Im in 2nd season with Fc Twente and im playing in the cup against a silly amateur league team and i end up with these kind of stats. I think its ridiculous that they are able to complete 79%% of the passes they make (Even though that counts for my team aswell as noway in hell the % is so high)

wtf-1.jpg

Just a slightly different angle to come in on. Has there ever been an FM where the customer is completely satisfied from the start? I take it of the opinion that FM is about beating the game and the challenges it throws upon you. If there are some minor glitches, fine but if we come on here with some complaining about too many goals and yet some complaining about too few, then that just seems sort of ridiculous. I would make a bet, that with time, the game will become very enjoyable, it may be unrealistic at times, but sometimes when I see 7-5 Arsenal in real life, or Norwich winning at Spurs/Blackburn winning at my beloved United or something, it always makes me think about FM because these results are so unrealistic but they can happen!

Also, mistakes are made in real life too like players backing off the ball and stuff, try and find a way to combat this rather than to complain about it. I'm certainly not saying that there are no faults or glitches because thats completely untrue, its just I've been here many years at the start of all new FM/FML (with FML its especially to do with an updated match engine) releases and there are always complaints about things, but I see it as a challenge to try and combat these in the games with different tactics to see what works and what doesn't. I just don't get (and will never get, unless its stupidly silly like Man Utd 0 Barrow 10) people complaining about results.

Every year we complain (and I do) about the new game/ME and thats because we are so embraced and have put so much time into the old one. We are stuck in a comfort zone. I would just urge people to give it time and see the glitches, unrealistic results, player movements etc as a new sort of challenge, rather than a complaint. A real life manager with the exception of the glitches could have issues like these to deal with so you never know. I would say, just embrace the new game and give it time- its going to be a big challenge but hey, when is it never?

I'm with Dorchester Town in the Blue Sq South.

- On my Boardroom>Overview page in the Staff pane it gives a list of staff roles with the number of Current and Advised Positions. It has a category of "General Manager" with my board recommending one. How on earth do I sign a general manager - that options doesn't seem open to me under staff search.

And will the fm 2013 will improve the speed of processing of days? That is the way I put alloys even less because the game is more real nerd?

Thank you friends, that's the same thought that I have doubts and ruin the game for everything else is perfect!

the game is very good for me, the beta fixed several bugs, the problem is that it's too slow, slower than the absurdly fm 2012 in processing passage of days! That must be corrected q: /

What star rating is your estimated speed? I am able to add a huge amount of leagues and have the estimated speed at only 1 star and so expect it to be slow

Archived