*Football Manager 13 Pre-Order Beta Official Feedback Thread* - Keep it all in here please

SI did a favour releasing a Beta to pre-orderers - be nice is all :)

Actually, we're doing them a favour by testing the game for them so it's at least a reciprocal arrangement...

Potentially incorrect data

Whilst I'm here, Deni Alar at Rapid Wien has played most of his time this season from the right wing so he should really be listed as at least "accomplished" from AMR, instead of the nothing he currently has.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have pre ordered the game a while back on 8th October and yet I still haven't received an email does that mean it's unlikley that I will get one later?

Who did you order with? It looks likely that the pre-orders are going out now for the next couple of days. If it was Steam restart Steam and the game will be there.

I like it so far..... I am missing one thing... the player report system is something I don't like at all ,not enough info.... for example, in FM12 the odd report told you if a player has a low level of consistency... or a high level.... in real life, a manager knows how consistent a player is..... has it been removed or moved somewhere else?

Any ideas anyone?

I preordered it from play, I guess it will hopefully be in my inbox in the morning just thought i'd ask incase the cut of was at midnight and no one else would get anything after then if u didn't receive anything

If you do not get it tomorrow chase them up. Might need to jog their memory. NUFC looking good on the game ;)

I've just done the usual, started a new game, holidayed indefinitely, set it to apply to any available jobs.

What happened is that I was offered a job, and it was accepted, then I was offered another, which again was accepted, and then I was offered a third, which was again accepted. All without me ever being consulted.

Am I going nuts or isn't the game supposed to stop and let you decide whether to take the job or not?

Something is really wrong with the game, crap players with crap attributes are FAR too good... noticed this over about 5-6 games now, it's insanely annoying.

Or I'm just very unlucky.

As it's a beta you need to provide more information on who/what/where etc so they can look into it?

Not going to read through 7 pages as the first was painful enough!

The only thing I would like to report at this stage is getting a crash during my very 1st match. Not too worried as of yet but I will come back here if it happens a few more times. Might of been something I did to cause it or might have just of been a one off.

Not over keen yet on the layout of certain tabs but I'm sure I will get used to it.

My two main concerns

- The skin is still too bright, it is better but still not what is needed

- For me the responses and processing is alot slower than FM2012, even with 5 times less the leagues I had on #FM2012,took an hour to start a game with 4 leagues and another 30 minutes to move one day

The new UI is TERRIBLE.

Why would you change searching so now you have to have TWO clicks instead of one? Especially when so many people use the search box so much in FM.

mmmm this is a bit daft i must admit. But not to much of a big deal.

Gave up for the night, Might not buy the game now as it simply dont work on my PC even with minimum leagues loaded, it takes 1 hour to set up 4 leagues and another 30 minutes to move one day. I have gone back to #FM2012 who loaded 58 leagues in 5 minutes and runs perfectly. It will be the 1st FM game I wont be buying ever, unless I can or SI fix the problems I am having

As it's a beta you need to provide more information on who/what/where etc so they can look into it?

I'm finding a lot of poor players pinging in perfect crosses every time they get down the wings, that and all set pieces are pretty much a nailed on goal unless your keeper is on form. Usually a long freekick in to the box or on the area, looping header over the keeper.

Seems those with aerial abilities are dominant.

#Anyone else getting really bad slowdown/frame drop when the players are doing things like getting the ball out the net or for a throw in>

It is still one click.

I think he means that you have to click on the magnifying glass, get the drop down, then do the search name then click return. FM12 had it in the corner and you only needed to type in the name etc and click return? I think that what he means! :)

First impressions here

was classic tactics removed? Can't find them

Messed up translations half portuguese half english huge turn off

Star rating system for performance my pc went from 4.5 * on 12 to half star on 13 lol sup with that?

Another thing license related but i'll wait for the packs

Can't really see how tones affect conferences at all the effect looks the same but it's too early for me to take any conclusion i guess

Game runs fine tho' and other than that looks good..

So far, so good. I've had the odd mouse clicking issues but that might be just me. Loving the improvements, especially the ME. Game runs very smooth on my pc with all graphics options to high and I have a 2 yr old computer. Love the new UI improvements during matchday. Terrific stuff.

Would have liked to have the search bar visible on the screen at all times rather than on the drop down menu, but other than that I think all the UI enhancements are spot on.

It's a bit weird that the skin goes dark during the match. I would have liked it to keep consistent throughout but again, that's just a minor gripe.

• SI Staff
I think he means that you have to click on the magnifying glass, get the drop down, then do the search name then click return. FM12 had it in the corner and you only needed to type in the name etc and click return? I think that what he means! :)

FM 12, you had to click in the search box, then type your query which was one click and hit return.

FM 13, you hit one click on the magnifying glass, and can search your query and hit return.

It is the same but psychologically different. :)

Its still just one click.... Once you click the magni-glass it automatically goes to the textbox for you to start typing.

Its just people trying to find things to cry about.

As for me, I'm loving this so far. ME is so much better than I was expecting and I'm loving the UI, it feels up to date. Good job SI!

Maybe this is odd, I don't know but Drenthe just turned down, Celtic, Espanyol, Vitesse, Lazio for Legia in Poland.. on less wages than I offered. I offered first team also.

would this be down to the tax (not that I know how much it is over there)

The players wage after tax will be shown on his profile.

One thing that I'd REALLY like to see in the final version: a notification sound for in-game notifications (like a sms on a smartphone) and longer time. Four seconds is not long at all. Ten seconds would be good, and after all, notifications are not intrusive at all.

The FMC skin make the career mod much better.

thank to the guy who shared it. It have some bug thought, i think it come from the skin, not coz the original game.

I hope SI can release this skin on release date.

Any one of you sold a player yet?

I can't sell any one, even at low price. Teams are very interested, but don't make any bid, they don't even negociate.

And I think the players value are too high. In french league 2 I see players cost 5M€, 6M€, and a lot 3M€.

But in real I don't see any french league 2 teams buying players at these price, beside Monaco of course.

I pre ordered with game and didn't recieve my code. I've just cancelledm y pre-order with them, is it possible if I pre-order now with steam I can get access to the beta right away (pending dl time of course)

You will get instant access to the beta if you buy on Steam now.

• Administrators
I've just done the usual, started a new game, holidayed indefinitely, set it to apply to any available jobs.

What happened is that I was offered a job, and it was accepted, then I was offered another, which again was accepted, and then I was offered a third, which was again accepted. All without me ever being consulted.

Am I going nuts or isn't the game supposed to stop and let you decide whether to take the job or not?

Can you post this in the bugs forum please? - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/291

Thanks!

• Administrators
Not going to read through 7 pages as the first was painful enough!

The only thing I would like to report at this stage is getting a crash during my very 1st match. Not too worried as of yet but I will come back here if it happens a few more times. Might of been something I did to cause it or might have just of been a one off.

Not over keen yet on the layout of certain tabs but I'm sure I will get used to it.

Are you running on a Mac? Could you please try this whether you're on a Mac or PC please - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/319088-*Official*-Football-Manager-2013-Pre-Order-Beta-FAQ?p=8166778&viewfull=1#post8166778

Let us know how you get on, thanks.

The UI for the game is getting worse each year in my opinion. FM12 was a step down from FM11, but I've got used to it (although still don't prefer it). FM13 looks to be even worse than FM12, unfortunately. I'll live with it, but get back to the clean look of FM10/FM11. Now it's a horrible mix of dark and light, some hideous buttons (the rounded ones) and what's with the whole 'Waiting for highlights' thing. The Overview screen for matches is overly cluttered. Seriously, it's much, much worse.

• Administrators
First impressions here

was classic tactics removed? Can't find them

Messed up translations half portuguese half english huge turn off

Star rating system for performance my pc went from 4.5 * on 12 to half star on 13 lol sup with that?

Another thing license related but i'll wait for the packs

Can't really see how tones affect conferences at all the effect looks the same but it's too early for me to take any conclusion i guess

Game runs fine tho' and other than that looks good..

In regards to your machine specs going from 4.5 to half a star, can you create a thread in the technical issues forum here please? - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/295-Crashes-and-Technical-Issues

And can you post your dxdiag in that thread, details here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/319088-*Official*-Football-Manager-2013-Pre-Order-Beta-FAQ?p=8165117&viewfull=1#post8165117

Thanks.

Archived