*Football Manager 13 Pre-Order Beta Official Feedback Thread* - Keep it all in here please

Hello

The games runs smooth and fine, but when i get to match day and i press play, the clock starts ticking but if i click in anything while the game is playing the game freezes, and then so does the computer.

Help anyone please?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just had a player booked for persistent fouling, after 1 foul.

Happenend to me, too! Three minutes into the game and one of my strikers gets a yellow card for persistent fouling. :(

I am actually okay with the referees making some wrong decisions all over the game - but this decision seems rather harsh to me.

• Administrators
Adjusting the view on the player/staff search screen by dragging the bar up or down doesn't save the setting. When you go back into the screen, it's reset to default.

Please raise this issue in the UI sections of the bugs forum - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/299-User-Interface

Thanks.

yep it started out that way but now some of the dark lines got a bit lighter. which is confusing because i've seen someone else post a screenshot in this thread who had this and someone else who doesnt

Yes, it's grey for players outside your match squad. Lighter grey for subs, and white for players in your starting 11.

• Administrators
this is probably a bug~~

i asked the board to increase number of scout -> they approve, nothing happens... still 3/3

i ask board to improve number of physios, they approve.. nothing happens still 1/1 :(

Can you please raise this issue here? - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/305-All-Other-Issues

Thanks.

• Administrators
Hello

The games runs smooth and fine, but when i get to match day and i press play, the clock starts ticking but if i click in anything while the game is playing the game freezes, and then so does the computer.

Help anyone please?

You running on PC or Mac? Can you please raise your issue and describe exactly what's happening in our technical forums? - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/295-Crashes-and-Technical-Issues

Thanks.

Does anyone else find the player's 'information' screen looks really weird now?

I can't get used to the new layout/format of it.

Is there anyway to change it back to the old-style information screen, instead of the new 'profile styled' layout?

I've checked in settings/interface.. but there are only options to change the player screen, team screen and competition screen.

Thanks in advance.

Nope, you can't change this.

Minor issue, but when I am doing a player search and scrolling down the list of players, I select one, have a look at his stats, then click back.........it reverts to the top of the player search again. In the past when I would go back it would be at the same point of the search that I left. Just annoying having to scroll down and find where I was again.

Hope that makes sense!

We're aware of this issue. Thanks.

Yes, it's grey for players outside your match squad. Lighter grey for subs, and white for players in your starting 11.

Is there a chance we can disable it somehow? It's REALLY annoying to have dark grey background with black names of players, the visibility of such poor chosen color schemes is terrible.

And Bardi, could you answer to my question posted higher about sudden skin color change in pre-match screens?

iam sure its been mentioned, but iam 2 lazy to read all 8 pages to look for it

theres a bug in team report, the DC and Sweeper position sit in one another and you cant display the list of your central defenders

tactics -> report -> squad depth -> position strength -> central defenders

Yep, we're aware of this issue. Thanks.

Is there a chance we can disable it somehow? It's REALLY annoying to have dark grey background with black names of players, the visibility of such poor chosen color schemes is terrible.

And Bardi, could you answer to my question posted higher about sudden skin color change in pre-match screens?

There is no preference to change/disable this. We're closely monitoring feedback on this particular change, as you're not the first to raise this.

So what's up with the sudden skin color change in the pre-match screens. We got nice bright, white skin and suddenly BAM!, you're thrown into this super dark/black version of it. Is that intentional?

2m2u8wi.jpg

Also, is there a player description in FM13 like in FM12 - I mean like 'tenacious midfielder', 'wonderkind'? There is nothing like that in Personal Information of a player.

Yes, this is intentional. The Match screen is a much more focused experience this year than previous versions, and the contrast between it and the rest of the game is to further emphasise this. Also, this is to make the pitch which is always in the background irrespective to what panel you're on have increased visibility/blend with better.

After spending the entire night playing FM (and eating plenty of sugary snacks and monster) i'm really impressed so far. I especially love the new user interface, it makes a lot more sense to me than it did before, which is funny because before yesterday i wouldn't have said the old one was even broken :D

But there are a few issue's i've noticed, ones which can and should be easily fixed.

1) When i score sometimes the ball flies through the net and into the ad hoardings.

2) When i score the ball flies through the net and then gains speed and flies outside the stadium, it looks pretty funny!

3) When using player search if you scroll down the list of player and click on one to bring their profile page up when you step backwards to return to the player search it puts you back tot he top of the search results. This is pretty infuriating as it wastes so much time, and can make you miss a player who's name you may not know or remember.

4) There are a hec of a lot of back post volley on this game. The ones where the ball is crossed from one flank right over to beyond the far post for a player to volley home from a tight angle. Happens way too often to be realistic.

5) I've seen a couple of OG's where a player punted it in the goal from 20yards, but the goalkeeper never even moved, like he assumed because it's his own team he doesn't need to save it.

6) Links aren't clickable until you reach the top of the word. Like if i go to click on a player if i click on the bottom part of his name it won't work, but the hyperlink works if i go to the top of his name. Minor stuff but it's annoying having to click twice a lot of the time. Maybe extend the size of the clickable window?

7) Booking for persistent fouling after the first offence.

8) Far too many goals scored straight from kick-off after another team has just scored. I know teams can switch off after going a goal up but it happens way too often to just be that imo.

And probably the most worrying of all bugs, and probably gamebreaking to be honest, why the jesus does Fellaini have a normal short haircut? Imagine not showing his glorious hair in the 3D ME :(

Can't seem to have the option to export highlights?

To be honest I didn't use this feature in 2012 but i wanted to upload a video of a strange goal - bug related the ball was stroke so strong it was off from the inside

You can export highlights locally, but can't upload because social networking is disabled on the pre-release beta.

• Administrators
I was just coming on to report this as well. Bloody annoying when it was Vermaelen away to Chelsea.

If you could raise this in the Match Engine bugs forum it'd be appreciated - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/296-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks

After spending the entire night playing FM (and eating plenty of sugary snacks and monster) i'm really impressed so far. I especially love the new user interface, it makes a lot more sense to me than it did before, which is funny because before yesterday i wouldn't have said the old one was even broken :D

But there are a few issue's i've noticed, ones which can and should be easily fixed.

6) Links aren't clickable until you reach the top of the word. Like if i go to click on a player if i click on the bottom part of his name it won't work, but the hyperlink works if i go to the top of his name. Minor stuff but it's annoying having to click twice a lot of the time. Maybe extend the size of the clickable window?

(

Thousand times this!!! So damn annoying that you have to hover the cursor on the top end of the name/link to click it. I immediately noticed this after launching the game for the 1st time. Change it as quickly as possible, please.

Are you running on a Mac? Could you please try this whether you're on a Mac or PC please - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/319088-*Official*-Football-Manager-2013-Pre-Order-Beta-FAQ?p=8166778&viewfull=1#post8166778

Let us know how you get on, thanks.

I am on a Mac and followed the instructions. No problems or crashes since then *touch wood*. Thanks Neil.

When I start a new game "football manager classic" I get only 3 Countries with an amazing skin (FMC) Is it possible in the final version be able to have FMC Skin with "full feature Simulation experience" ?

Someone has made one, the link is somewhere in this thread, Suzie MUFC posted it.

transfers in this seem so much better in terms of getting rid of dead wood , I love the director of football feature its so much better knowing you can shift unwanted players much easier.

In my board overview screen it says I have 1 Assistant Manager and can have 2 but when i tried to sign an unemployed Ass.man the board cancelled it saying we don't need another 1.

You can have one assistant manager and one U18/19 assistant manager, but not 2 senior ones.

I have been playing for 6 hours. My thoughts so far:

Match Engine seems very poor to me. Im playing as Arsenal and Chamberlain scored a goal from 60 yards that started off going about 30 yards wide of goal, the keeper dived, even though he was about 20 yards from the ball at the time and then the balll curved into the goal crazily. Very High Scoring games as well. Full backs don't tackle, as per every match engine, and players run away from the ball.

The fixtures screen: I lost 4-2 in my first game, and won 3-2 in my second, both games were away, yet the scores read 2-4 and 3-2. Doesn't makes sense, as I should have my score on the right hand side on each occasion being the away team.

The Interface is fine with me, except for the squad screen where the players are highlighted when they are not selected, rather than the other way around. Don't like that.

I saw another person post that is is hard to click on names and links, would have to agree. Everything else I noticed seems to have been mentioned already.

Not quite up to the standard I thought it might be, but hey, it's a Beta, so will wait for the real thing before starting a long term save.

I have been playing for 6 hours. My thoughts so far:

Match Engine seems very poor to me. Im playing as Arsenal and Chamberlain scored a goal from 60 yards that started off going about 30 yards wide of goal, the keeper dived, even though he was about 20 yards from the ball at the time and then the balll curved into the goal crazily. Very High Scoring games as well. Full backs don't tackle, as per every match engine, and players run away from the ball.

My fbs are tackling machines on FM12. :D

The fixtures screen: I lost 4-2 in my first game, and won 3-2 in my second, both games were away, yet the scores read 2-4 and 3-2. Doesn't makes sense, as I should have my score on the right hand side on each occasion being the away team.

They are arranged with focus on your side. I feel much more at ease with the current one. I guess one can change that with some XML editing?

Not quite up to the standard I thought it might be, but hey, it's a Beta, so will wait for the real thing before starting a long term save.

I will investigate some files today before I start my long save, as I want germany and japan squads ;P

Am I the only one who has noticed that the FMC skin (in regular mode) let's you use instant result? :p

There are some negatives though. You get the dumbed down finances screen and things are not tweaked (you have to scroll to see all attributes, etc).

You cant tweak the individual tactics etc as well so its a bit pointless using this skin in normal FM. Im sure a new skin (hopefully a nice shiny transparent one for my background pics) will be out very soon :D

Can someone tell me if ive missed something, But playing Fm13 (not classic mode) my game seems to have completely skipped deadline day? no option to take part or not, just a news item on sept1 saying the window had closed?

At the beginning of deadline day, you are given an option to opt in - if you dont select that, presumably it will just bypass it.

Archived