Senegal's Arsenal Thread 2012/2013 : featuring positive negativity

Retro

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, will RvP stay and fulfill his contract (and thus leave for nothing) or will he demand a move or will Wenger sell him and get some €'s for him.

What is the general opinion among Arsenal fans?

He has forced the issue; he will be sold. Furthermore he has ruined the club's bargaining position which makes it more difficult to get a good price.

He has forced the issue; he will be sold. Furthermore he has ruined the club's bargaining position which makes it more difficult to get a good price.

Thats why its *******, no club has to convince him to leave us because he's already made that decision!

I felt it was a bit different with Cesc, obviously had dreams to return to his hometown and despite us rejecting bids the seasons before he continued to put in 100% for us and has had nothing bad to say about us since, I'd definitely welcome him back with open arms which you definitely wouldn't say with Nasri/Adebayor etc.

RvP has confirmed what I've been saying for YEARS - Arsenal no longer have the ambition to deliver trophies. Wenger and Gazidis are a cancer at the club and must be cut out immediately. I want Dein, I want Usmanov, I want an ambitious football club and THAT'S ALL. If we're ambitious and lose then fine, but to scrape the barrel and happily accept second best is scandalous.

Rip Arsenal.

Sy you're clearly one of those people who are never happy and gets more enjoyment out of football by being negative and wishing things were better rather than enjoying what you have. If the opposite happened and Usmanov took over instead of Kroenke I have no doubt that you'd moan endlessly about how we've lost our soul blah blah RIP Arsenal. Who's to say Usmanov would be a great owner anyway? He's a pretty shady character, could either be like the Glazers and pillage the club for money, or be like Abramovic and try play manager and sign players the actual manager doesn't want, sack new managers endlessly etc.

I felt it was a bit different with Cesc, obviously had dreams to return to his hometown and despite us rejecting bids the seasons before he continued to put in 100% for us and has had nothing bad to say about us since, I'd definitely welcome him back with open arms which you definitely wouldn't say with Nasri/Adebayor etc.

Tbh he treated us like crap last summer but did it clandestinely. He forced the issue but in the dark thus not to tarnish his reputation.

RvP has confirmed what I've been saying for YEARS - Arsenal no longer have the ambition to deliver trophies. Wenger and Gazidis are a cancer at the club and must be cut out immediately. I want Dein, I want Usmanov, I want an ambitious football club and THAT'S ALL. If we're ambitious and lose then fine, but to scrape the barrel and happily accept second best is scandalous.

Rip Arsenal.

I am speechless at the absurdity of this.

Then maybe it was 38 league appearances last season vs 111 starts previously? :D

Yep :D

I love the sense of perspective football fans have. RIP Arsenal, FFS, look at what's happening at Rangers where it really is RIP Rangers.

Disclaimer: The opinions of Sy13 do not represent the opinions of all Arsenal fans and should not be taken seriously or with any offence.

The statement and timing is a bit strange but there's nothing to say he isn't leaving because of a lack of ambition. He's 28 and unlikely to win anything internationally now, what has he got with us? A FA cup winners medal?

I like to think it is for footballing reasons, being a long time twitter follower he seems like a good bloke. That said even if it is for money who can blame him.

Id be happy to see him rot in the reserves for a year to be honest. We will get peanuts for him now anyway, and id like a club to take a stand against these money grabbing players. All this different direction thing is rubbish. He knows he can get more money elsewhere having finally had a one good season and has put us in a position were we cant win.

Id be happy to see him rot in the reserves for a year to be honest. We will get peanuts for him now anyway, and id like a club to take a stand against these money grabbing players. All this different direction thing is rubbish. He knows he can get more money elsewhere having finally had a one good season and has put us in a position were we cant win.

I am not sure but is there not like some European mumbo jumbo law that means he can cancel his contract ala the Macedonian dude who did this a few years back?

Edit: Goran Pandev won a contract cancelation due to Lazio freezing him out of the squad.

What else can we do other than sell for a decent price and then move on?

We're not going to keep world class players unless we win things and can provide them a challenge/money. We cannot compete with City etc at the minute and so these players will realize they can take bigger steps in their career and there's no point in staying. I don't see any point in keeping an unhappy RvP, grab that money and bring in another striker or two.

I am not sure but is there not like some European mumbo jumbo law that means he can cancel his contract ala the Macedonian dude who did this a few years back?

Edit: Goran Pandev won a contract cancelation due to Lazio freezing him out of the squad.

put him on the bench every week and dont play him then

Know exactly what you mean and I completely agree... but imagine if that actually happened: playing Chamakh up front alone when Giroud and Podolski are both unavailable, while RvP who just so happens to be still contracted to us rests ahead of a game against Brentford Reserves :D

Know exactly what you mean and I completely agree... but imagine if that actually happened: playing Chamakh up front alone when Giroud and Podolski are both unavailable, while RvP who just so happens to be still contracted to us rests ahead of a game against Brentford Reserves :D

Actually this might happen :D

Club statement:

We have to respect Robin's decision not to renew his contract. Robin has one year to run on his current contract and we are confident that he will fulfil his commitments to the Club.

"We are planning with ambition and confidence for next season with Arsenal's best interests in mind."

• SI Staff

We can only dream. I think Iain Macintosh has summed up the reaction to this quite well.

"Where does this leave Arsenal?" someone just tweeted. I'll tell you where it leaves Arsenal: Third from 92 clubs, in the Champions League..

..playing decent football in a massive, modern stadium that they own. I'm fairly sure they're going to make it through the night.

It's a shame RvP has chosen to go down this route.

The statement does more harm than good. For someone who declared his love for the club, he's making it awfully difficult for us. He could have kept quiet, and made his mind known behind closed doors. It wouldn't change his position one bit. He'd still get his move. His public announcement weakens our negotiating power in the market.

Also according the Arseblog, Marc Gonnella, our Director of Communications said this about Ivan's 2 weeks vacation “Ivan is not on a two week holiday. Such things do not exist for Chief Executives at football clubs or anywhere else.”

I have no doubt whatsoever that Wenger, as ever, will do all he can to give us the best chance possible to compete.

There's no doubting that the long-term future is good, it's just now which is rather rocky.

In an ideal world, who'd you guys bring in as a replacement? For me, Robert Lewandowski would be a good addition to the squad.

I also think it's rather short-sighted to accuse Arsène Wenger for anything like this. He's working under rather constricted circumstances and, as he showed by turning down the French job, is the most loyal man at the club. Many argue that he's overachieved at Arsenal.

Club is dead. We can't keep hold of our best players and we will give the captaincy to a guy who shouldn't be starting for Arsenal. Joy of joys.

And people talking about Robin replacements :D Giroud is the replacement.

So you would like to let him rot and leave for free rather than sell him for say £30m which you could invest in the team :confused:

So you would like to let him rot and leave for free rather than sell him for say £30m which you could invest in the team :confused:

We won't get £30m and we've already spent the RvP money on Giroud and Podolski.

The statement does more harm than good. For someone who declared his love for the club, he's making it awfully difficult for us. He could have kept quiet, and made his mind known behind closed doors. It wouldn't change his position one bit. He'd still get his move. His public announcement weakens our negotiating power in the market.

Yeah, if that would have happend all the Arsenal fans would be even more mad because he wasn't honest with them from the start.

yes, lewandowski's going to leave the very exciting project at dortmund to join arsenal to fight it out for 4th place with the rest of us chumps with the crazy £££ clubs ahead of us going for the titles instead

football sucks pal, time to wise up

I find it by the way bizarre to see so many Arsenal fans have such a distorted image of the club they all love so much. Again the '$$$' argument is brought on, they guy is already loaded like hell, what empy hole would an extra 50k a week fill? The lad is 28, haven't won a price in ages and he that's what he is after at. I don't get the fuss about that. All furious Arsenal fans on Twitter, seriously, get a hold of youreselfs, Arsenal isn't a topclub, it's just a little bit lower then that. What should RVP have done? Just sign a new contract with the knowledge that he just limited his changes of winning a leauge title or a CL to 15%?

Archived