What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some other suggestions concerning manager/job-related oddness in FM:

- When a manager gets sacked in real life, the club needs to buy-off his running contract, sending him along with a nice bag of money under his arm (thus making that a harder decision if funds are low). In FM, you're on the street with scratch, while other staff members get paid a compensation when they are released. Odd..

- When I apply for another job and I sense that club does not approach me because of the compensation they have to pay my current club, I can just quit. If the new club approach me the next day I can join them without my old club seeing any compensation. Doesn't a manager have to buy off his contract when quitting (just as the club has to when it sacks him)? Odd...

- When I negotiate my contract with a club I can set my salary to 0, leaving me with a larger wage-budget for players and staff. Not very realistic, football managers need to earn a living also. I always try to make as much money I can possibly negotiate, for realisms sake, but I don't need to in FM. I could become manager of ManUtd while living on the street in a cardboard box as far as FM is concerned. Odd..

- And then there still are the international managers that work for free, the lack of bonus-arrangements in manager contracts, the near absent spontanous interest from other clubs in a succesfull managers services (while this seams totally opposite real life where clubs approach managers and not the other way around), no job-interviews, etc.. All pretty odd if you ask me.

And players retiring going into coaching AND THEN management more often rather than just becoming managers straight off the bat and being rubbish as a result. And clubs promoting staff members from within more often.

I'd love to be able to manage Barcelona and Barcelona "B" (or similarly organized clubs) without using the editor or multiple manager profiles. It's great that players can move between the clubs, but having no influence over the B-team staff makes it rough.

When you are managing a club with a very strict budget, you tend to go for freebees and players who are end of contract.

You can sign these players 6 months before the end of their contract (normally their contract ends at the end of the season).

Imagine:

Your wage budget is full for this season.

It always comes down to this: you can't sign any player before the end of the season, because your wage budget for this season is already full.

So that means that all the wages of your unwanted players (who's contract runs out at the end of the season) don't count for nothing. You normally have space in your wage budget for next season, but even then FM doesn't let you sign players anymore because you would exceed your wage budget for this season, but the newly signed player would come on the payroll of next season.

This needs to be fixed.

I understand that some managers could exploit this a bit (club is in debt, wage budget would go down next season and still be able to sign players for next season if there would be room within the current wage budget)

I am not an native English speaker, so hopefully the message is understandable enough :-)

I'd like the ability to search players in the game by region, not just city/town.

The ability to edit AI formations in the editor drop down menu, or to have the range expanded, and 3 man defence systems reflected more accurately, i.e. with wing backs not wingers. Also, 3-4-3 has 3 central strikers rather than two players in AML/AMR positions and a striker.

Some other suggestions concerning manager/job-related oddness in FM:

- When a manager gets sacked in real life, the club needs to buy-off his running contract, sending him along with a nice bag of money under his arm (thus making that a harder decision if funds are low). In FM, you're on the street with scratch, while other staff members get paid a compensation when they are released. Odd..

It's not like you can SPEND any severance pay you would receive...

- When I apply for another job and I sense that club does not approach me because of the compensation they have to pay my current club, I can just quit. If the new club approach me the next day I can join them without my old club seeing any compensation. Doesn't a manager have to buy off his contract when quitting (just as the club has to when it sacks him)? Odd...

You can't spend the salary you earn, so why should you have to pay it back to them?

- When I negotiate my contract with a club I can set my salary to 0, leaving me with a larger wage-budget for players and staff. Not very realistic, football managers need to earn a living also. I always try to make as much money I can possibly negotiate, for realisms sake, but I don't need to in FM. I could become manager of ManUtd while living on the street in a cardboard box as far as FM is concerned. Odd..

I never realized I could set my salary to $0. Maybe I'll do that and let my non-existent-in-the-game spouse support me. The one that doesn't mind that I pop off at a moment's notice to manage the Senegal national team while simultaneously holding a press-conference back in Scotland.

- And then there still are the international managers that work for free, the lack of bonus-arrangements in manager contracts, the near absent spontaneous interest from other clubs in a successful managers services (while this seems totally opposite real life where clubs approach managers and not the other way around), no job-interviews, etc.. All pretty odd if you ask me.

yes, I'd like to interview for the job, instead of just being laughed at by the press.

And I'd like a miniscule chance that due to your chairman misreporting team taxes, the government comes in and shuts down your club, throwing everyone out in the street and dragging the proud name of the franchise through the mud. (okay, still a little sore about the loss of dear, proud Llanelli.)

I would like to see in future FM games is when you bid for a player and your offer gets accepted you should be able to talk to the player as you would be able to do in really life and have there agent with them when your talking to them , what I mean by this is if the player in question is unsure of coming to the club you can chat to him and try to convince him that joining your team would be a good thing, I know you can big the player up talking to the press and things like that but I feel this would add a bit of realism to the game.

For me I would mostly like to see improved touchscreen support. There's more touchscreen PCs out there than Linux and Mac computers combined. I myself play on my Surface Pro (and on my desktop) and would love to see some interface tweaking to make the experience (even more) enjoyable (for those curious, yes this uses a lot of battery, but who cares, I can play FM on the train!).

Is the Rooney in your game becoming unhappy at not being an automatic first choice striker at United? Has his form dropped off to the point where a reasonable bid is worth considering? Is his overall fitness becoming an issue? Is there a real risk of him running down his contract while phoning in his performances?

You might have one of those issues but unless you have 3 or 4 of them happening then is £80m+ really that unrealistic?

It's incredibly unrealistic, but so is the same fee for Bale, so who the hell knows if FM or the real world is the crazier.

EDIT: For those wondering about the how touchscreen support works - it only works with the stylus. Finger-touching appears to do nothing.

What would be the best addition for FM14 is the possibility to create more than 2 other teams in a club in the editor. Since we have the possibility to create more league in a country, there is a problem when a club has a team in one newly created league, and we cannot add another team because the editor let us create 2 other teams only. For example, a First Team, a B-Team, a C-Team and a U19 Team. I just saw that Salzburg has a First Team (Pro), an Amateur Team, a B-Team, a C-Team and a U19 Team. Why don't we have the possibility to do the same in the editor ?

Ability to set Player Reactions in the data for the start of the game.

Be useful for both researchers and users of the commerical editor that comes with the game. So for example we could replicate Rooney/Suarez/Bale by giving them (debatable) 'Wants a new challenge'. Team's that have large squads and players have come out and said they expect to play and won't sit on the bench, can give them 'Too much competition for their position' PR. Would add a lot more challenge when inheriting you're squad at the start of the game and better control for researchers to replicate teams in the database.

I've never put any suggestions on here before, and think the game is remarkably smart, including the ME. These are observations, not criticisms...

One thing that does stick out, and I am sure there must be a reason for it, is the often large variance between certain attributes. For example, I believe that teamwork & workrate should be the same - it's a players character. I believe that creativity and flair should be the same. There is often a massive difference in-game and that isn't very life-like.

There are some other categories that should be closely linked, and similarly rated - although not identical. Jumping and heading, acceleration and pace. Tackling, aggression and strength is a three-way link where again, I don't feel there should be much variance.

I realise there must be some hidden need for these additional categories, and I have a very limited 'technology' rating myself, but my football brain works pretty well and I'm wondering if somebody from FM could enlighten me why we have so many attribute categories, some of which seem to be covering very similar aspects.

Whilst I am here, I'd also prefer to see that when you look at club information pages, especially (or even only) at the start of the game, you can see the wage budget and transfer funds of the club. I know this varies when you take over, but it could be set to meet levels in the media prediction at least, or even the range depending on level of ambition selected. This info could be the deciding factor on which club you choose to manage.

Whilst I am here, I'd also prefer to see that when you look at club information pages, especially (or even only) at the start of the game, you can see the wage budget and transfer funds of the club. I know this varies when you take over, but it could be set to meet levels in the media prediction at least, or even the range depending on level of ambition selected. This info could be the deciding factor on which club you choose to manage.

this is a good idea especially at the start of the game( with the minimum board requirements shown)

would like to see pre season tours more accurate to real life. as in clubs like Liverpool and man utds tour the far east and australia to massive crowds and generate vast ammounts of money. also play national teams as well.

And that u21 teams are only picked from u21 squads. Too often my u18s are left with no players as u21s and u18s play on same day. u18s are likely to play on Saturdays and u21s likely to play midweek. rarely play same day irl.

would also like more media questions as they become very repetitive and team talks also expanded.

Scouting and traing were much improved on last game and probably need just a few tweeks. Scouting reports far too similar. 1st report exact same as 3rd report

When your team gets a penalty you should get an option in the match feed like this:

"Player X has been assigned to take the penalty. Do you want to change the taker?"

You should have 4 seconds to select change taker or Player X as taker

If you select change it should take you to the penalty takers screen

I would like to see highly rated players like Nakhi Wells and Tom Pope from the lower leagues gain some recognition. Not just these two, but many talented players who either put in consistent match winning performances in the lower leagues or score a ton of goals. As clubs like Aston Villa have shown, players from the lower leagues can make the step up. However on FM I always see players doing well in these leagues, but then look at them and their stats are shockingly bad. I saw a striker in league 2 score 30 goals with finishing of 9. The fact he scored 30 goals is good, and obviously he had some other stats higher, but ultimately he won't get a move to a team in a higher league on the game due to his stats being poor. If there were no stats he would be snapped up immediately by a L1 or Championship team on form like that, but there is, and when players go on really good runs like that, their stats should be boosted significantly to match that. Obviously I'm not saying they should be a star player for their team after a good run of form, but after a great season or a few consistantly good seasons i'd expect to see real player growth and improvement in his stats. However despite seeing these performances from players accross various leagues I have never seen any of them (apart from regens of course) get a chance due to their stats. Ricky Lambert is a prime example of this, and he's the player that made me think of this idea. He's progressed through all of the football league divisions and into the England team, that would never happen on Football manager.

In FM what happens is this: The player (lets say from league two) has an amazing season or two for his team, and he'll either end up staying with the same team (the more likely occurance in my experiance, or making a sideways move) OR he'll get given a rare chance at a higher division club. However at the higher division club his stats will naturally make him underperform in the higher division, he'll get put in the resevers, and then sold.

Players like Adam Le Fondre, Ricky Lambert, Jamie Vardy (kind of). Nakhi Wells (up and coming) and many more, have proven their worth in the lower leagues, gained a step up, some higher than others, and still have performed as best they can and have earnt their status at their new club and progressed even further than many expected them to. This doesn't happen in FM unless its a regen.

A few tweaks to the potential system may make this work a bit better? Maybe doing some research into players who are on the up, players who score consistantly in their leagues. Youth players who have worked their way up to become a star player, or captain their team. Theres so many examples, and it would be nice to see it in the game with current players as well as the regens.

Thanks!

I think the ratings are quite strange. In a 1-10 system, I think a rating of 5 means an average performance and not a poor one as the current system. If changed to my suggestion, it means you might also see ratings of 1-3 actually being used in the game.

I'm a long time FM player, since CM2 95/96 in fact (images like this still make my spine tingle and remind me of my lost youth - and Ibrahim Bakayoko) but I've drifted away in the past two or three years. Partly because in now in my thirties, and married, but partly because the game has been getting a bit stale - it's not really changed significantly in years.

IMHO, and I know I'll get shouted down by those that are complete fanatics, I think FM needs to go right back to the drawing board and look at what it actually means to be a manager in football these days. It's not been about setting up training routines and picking the team for years (unless you manage a Sunday League team). Being a manager is much more about interaction with the media, setting the overall strategy for the club with the board, managing a team of experts in coaching, scouting, business, etc... I could list a whole bunch of individual things to include but I think it needs to get away from simply buying, training and then picking players and be much more broadly managerial.

Also, it's madness that the tablet version is so stripped back. With so many people switching to tablets, FM is missing a trick not producing a decent tablet version of the game, at the moment all we have is a slightly more polished version of FMH that you got on the Sony PSP years ago. I should be able to start a game on my Mac and then pick it up where I left off on my iPad on my commute. Saving games to the cloud is hardly revolutionary.

I realise I'll get either ignored or criticised for this, but I'm saying this with heartfelt love for CM/FM from nearly 20 years of playing, it just feels like it's getting left behind...

N

Dave C wrote a cracking post about how flawed the lower leagues are in terms of transfers and recruitment in regards to FM12 - can be read here.

For my idea I'll use an example from my current save in the Conference with Solihull Moors - my best player is an 18 year old newgen AMC. He has captaincy written all over him (great mental stats, influence of 16, driven personality etc) but I know if I try and make him captain within the next 3-4 years, I'll get the "feels under pressure at being made captain at a young age" message.

So why don't SI make this a private chat option for players, say between the ages of 18-23. You could approach the player about taking on the captaincy; he might embrace it, he might flat out reject it or he might just need some coaxing (perhaps you could even invite a senior head into the room to give his backing). But I really don't like the fact I can't engage a player about taking on the captaincy, particularly someone young.

I think SI should spend some time to do some basic research on minor nations. Many nations in Africa don't even have a league system in the editor. It doesn't have to be playable but it shouldn't be hard to add the system and put in the right clubs in their divisions.

More effort should also be put into scouting clubs and adding players in minor nations. It doesn't have to be on the level so that it's playable but so that all nations have something.

someone has mentioned this already or certainly something similar. i want their to be be more of a big deal in the media when you are succesful. eg, if i win the FA cup as an underdog, i want the next 4-5 days news to comment on this, maybe my team will also do an open top bus parade through the home town to celebrate with supporters etc. just want it to FEEL more special.

No idea what's been said. Sorry, but 25 pages...

- Please no longer have the player unwilling to enter negotiations. Please hold a conversation between the agent/player and yourself and try and convince them to join. No way would Monaco be able to buy Falcao & co in this game as it stands, even if the club were taken over and given heavy investment.

- Please be able to train players to use their other feet

- Please be able to sign players on loan outside of the transfer window. They can join when the window opens.

- Please get the number of transfer requests toned down. Already 10 high class players are available via transfer request mid-way through the second season like clockwork. Also can we get the asking value sorted out? £40m for Leandro Damiao (valued at £20m) when he's already handed in a transfer request? Surely the player wouldn't be happy about that and would do stuff to engineer a move away (Suarez...).

When you are managing a club with a very strict budget, you tend to go for freebees and players who are end of contract.

You can sign these players 6 months before the end of their contract (normally their contract ends at the end of the season).

Imagine:

Your wage budget is full for this season.

It always comes down to this: you can't sign any player before the end of the season, because your wage budget for this season is already full.

So that means that all the wages of your unwanted players (who's contract runs out at the end of the season) don't count for nothing. You normally have space in your wage budget for next season, but even then FM doesn't let you sign players anymore because you would exceed your wage budget for this season, but the newly signed player would come on the payroll of next season.

This needs to be fixed.

I understand that some managers could exploit this a bit (club is in debt, wage budget would go down next season and still be able to sign players for next season if there would be room within the current wage budget)

I am not an native English speaker, so hopefully the message is understandable enough :-)

Yes, exactly true.

OK, I don't have time to read through all 25 pages so I'm just going to post! Please can we have an option to send players on loan to a specific country? I've had players only needing to live in Spain for 1 week in order to gain citizenship but they refuse to go to my rubbish feeder club there and when I offer them out, I never get an offer from a club in Spain!

Thanks!

I haven't read through all 25 pages but when a player comes to you saying that he wants first team action, we should have a reply "Get match fit and we will see" Players complaining about not being picked but they aren't getting match fit

Ability to used saved games from earlier versions of the game. It shouldn´t be impossible to be able to update the data from an earlier game into the current version. I think it would benefit SI since I assume many people wait to buy newer versions of the game because they have a long-running save game they don´t want to abandon. Isn´t the point of the game to play many seasons so the strategic planning and scouting really pays off?

If I could use my beloved save with Swedish Laholm in FM 13, I might be able to abandon FM 08.

I haven't read through all 25 pages but when a player comes to you saying that he wants first team action, we should have a reply "Get match fit and we will see" Players complaining about not being picked but they aren't getting match fit

They can't get match fit without playing games (you can put the in the reserves though).

I've never put any suggestions on here before, and think the game is remarkably smart, including the ME. These are observations, not criticisms...

One thing that does stick out, and I am sure there must be a reason for it, is the often large variance between certain attributes. For example, I believe that teamwork & workrate should be the same - it's a players character. I believe that creativity and flair should be the same. There is often a massive difference in-game and that isn't very life-like.

There are some other categories that should be closely linked, and similarly rated - although not identical. Jumping and heading, acceleration and pace. Tackling, aggression and strength is a three-way link where again, I don't feel there should be much variance.

I realise there must be some hidden need for these additional categories, and I have a very limited 'technology' rating myself, but my football brain works pretty well and I'm wondering if somebody from FM could enlighten me why we have so many attribute categories, some of which seem to be covering very similar aspects.

If you think this, you must not understand what the actual definitions of the attributes are.

Real world examples are the best way to think about it.

Mario Mandzuckic has 17/18 Work Rate, and this reflects his real life tendency to chase down every lost cause and close down defenders. But he's not great linking up with team mates, preferring to lead the line on his own, so he has 6 Teamwork.

Wilfried Zaha has something like 17 Flair, reflecting his ability to do the unexpected, such as a trick or a shot out of nothing. But he's poor at seeing passes and playing clever through balls, so his Creativity is 10ish.

Andy Carroll has 14ish Pace, and when builds up momentum he can go quite fast. But his accelaration is about 9, since he takes so long to reach that speed.

Again Jumping and Heading are very different. Jumping is the height a player can reach to win a header, Heading is purely about the accuracy and technique of the header itself. And there are plenty of players who are strong but not aggressive, like Heskey, Carlton Cole, Bendter, Chamakh etc.

I think the game should create computer generated faces not just for new made-up but for the actual, real players as well. The face-generator is robust enough to create a face similar to the actual person, so why not use that to benefit the immersion?

I think the game should create computer generated faces not just for new made-up but for the actual, real players as well. The face-generator is robust enough to create a face similar to the actual person, so why not use that to benefit the immersion?

Or you could dl a facepack? I know I'd much rather see the players actual face than a computers idea of what they look like.

Or you could dl a facepack? I know I'd much rather see the players actual face than a computers idea of what they look like.

I doubt there are facepacks for all players in obscure minor leagues. I don´t particularly enjoy playing big fish like Chelsea. I like my insignificant minnows.

Anyway, I think important features should be included in the game, not something you should have to search around and download for yourself.

I haven't had the chance to read through all this thread yet, so this may have already been suggested but I would like to see support for HDPI displays.

I have a Retina MacBook Pro and while FM2013 is playable the UI is a bit small. More PC manufacturers are starting to release their own HDPI laptops so if it is not addressed this will become an issue for more users. Doing pixel doubling like Apple does with OS X would be great.

I play an obsolete version of FM (FM 08), so this might have been solved by now.

But I want the board in the lower leagues to be financially responsible. Why do they set a wage budget that will result in a loss of millions per season? And then blame me for the disastrous economy when the results are all in the red?

I'd like to see the scouting revamped. Currently scouts provide a full picture of a player's attributes from at the most two looks, and different scouts give pretty much identical feedback. My preference would be a system akin to the one in the Out Of The Park baseball management games, where the more you look at a player the more you learn about him, different scouts have different opinions and so on. In real life it's not uncommon for teams to keep tabs on players for over a year before deciding whether they want to put in a bid; in FM this would not give you any extra information.

I'd also like to see more dynamic attributes, particularly for older players. Not to a ridiculous extent, but FM does not seem to produce many late bloomers - the likes of Ricky Lambert, Grant Holt and Matt Elliott (going back a bit, but a personal favourite!). As things stand, you know that if a player is older than early 20s and doesn't have the attributes, then he never will.

Thirdly, there needs to be more transfer interest in players who perform well - not just ones from your team, but between AI teams as well. It's a bit frustrating to see a player score 70+ goals in three seasons for a mid-table BSS side and never see any BSP teams sniffing around them.

Finally - please, please make the media interaction optional. It doesn't matter how much it gets tweaked, the basic format is a tediously repetitive mini-game that serves only to slow the season down. I know you can set your assman to handle it, but this easily leads to him saying something stupid that has a detrimental impact on your team. I understand why you want this feature in, but I can't see it ever working properly as things stand.

I'm sure all these have previously been suggested on this thread, I'd just like to add my advocacy and reasons.

Hey All,

Bare with me if someone has mentioned anything I'm about to post up, It is a long winded list of things that I've been jotting down since January/February. This is copied straight from MS Word, so please forgive anything that would seem odd (the bullet points, circles and squares)

FM Wish list

• Players wanting to leave for bigger Clubs

o This is simple, I want the option to talk to the player and say something along the lines of :

 “Lad, I understand you are ambitious, so are we, I believe we can grow this club to match your ambitions” - If this fails

 “Okay, if you really want to leave then fine, but we will only accept a transfer bid of X-Amount, if your performances are not acceptable in the coming months I will take serious action against you as you are under contract to perform for this football club”

• International

o Management

 Option to ask Assistant Manager to add/remove players in the National Pool

o Player Duty

 A little display saying what games the player will miss.

• Short Term Player Contracts

o Picture this, the club is financially struggling and there are several players struggling to find a club. With this option I’d like to be able to offer a player a 6 month contract, allowing them to play for the club for a cheaper wage, while allowing the player to search for other clubs in the meantime.

• Directors of Football

o What I would like to see is when they put in a bid for a player for you, they show you a scouting report card with regards to that player. He will then “ask” you whether you approve of the player and whether he should pursue or find another target.

• Match Engine, People and Animations

o Personally I think the graphics are fine for the next couple of games, what SI really need to concentrate on are the Animations of the players, possibly adding more to the dugout like coaches, managers, ball boys around the field. Things that will make the game look more lifelike. Leave the graphics as are, fix those little things.

• Fan Meetings

o I’d like to have the option to sanction a fan meeting, autograph signing session, and the likes. The fan meeting would be between the Fan Chairman and Yourself. This could help assure the fans if they have any concerns as well as help you become more popular with them.

• Friendlies

o I’d like a little feature/button that allows for you to ask to move the match to another day. Often I find Feeder clubs decide on a friendly, when you have a game 2 days before or after that match. This could also be if another club proposes a match while there is a friendly a day or so before or after the day they want.

• Players Instructions

o I’d like to have predetermined instructions for players. The tactic screen starts blank, you select your team for the day, and when a player is chosen he has his predetermined role. That striker on the bench that plays best as an advanced forward replaces the poacher, you don’t need to change any roles just replace and he knows how he needs to play. This can obviously be an option that players choose, if they want the player to play the match as a poacher and not the Advanced Forward then they can tell him to via a check box (for example)

• Formations

o I’d like the option to be able to select an attacking and a defensive formation.

o This can be an additional tab called player positioning, with an attacking and defensive option

• Temporary Staff Roles

o I’d like the option to offer staff temporarily roles at the club, for example my Assistant Manager leaves for another club and I want someone to take over until the end of the season, I then offer them the chance to be my assistant until the season is over where they then return to their former position at the club. This would be particularly useful when joining a new club when it’s late in the season.

• Kit Numbers

o I’d like to see players sent out on loan retaining their kit number at the club. This would mean that while the player may be out on loan, the club cannot offer his jersey number out to new signings.

o When a player signs, the manager should give him a number and not wait until you are told to do so, or while discussing his contract a player should be able to choose his number, with the manager making a recommendation as well.

• Manager Goals

o This thought comes from me applying for the England u21 job (and from other jobs) when they say “So-and-So has not given any indication that they are looking for a new job”. Basically I’d like the option to add a status section to the manager profile where you would have a drop down selection of “Wants to manage an International Side”, “Wants to manage a junior National Side”, “Is looking for a new club” etc. This would give the FM “Footballing World” an idea of what you want to do.

o This could be “discovered” through press-conferences, journalists could ask you what your goals are, if you fancy managing in X or Y country.

• Scouting (This idea comes from a discussion over at SI Forums (by KevMaaan), and is not totally my idea, but I have adapted it)

o When sending out a scout he needs to watch/observe a player for several games even months before he is able to make a judgement call on him. No longer should they be able to just take a glance and decide he has the potential to be a Premier League legend.

o Chief Scout should receive objectives from the manager as to what he wants the scouting team to achieve. Whether it is age related, technical ability, mental ability, set pieces etc.

 This doesn’t mean they cannot report players outside the specifications, but they’d need to be exceptional

• Competition Expectations

o I’d like the board to send you a message outlining their expectations for this season,

o I’d like to see a discussion with the board on realistic goals for the season. This would need to replace just the league expectations.

• Board Room

o I’d like to see the option to tell the board you will be leaving at the end of the season to take on a new challenge. This could result in several different things:

 Sacking

 Understanding

 Asking to help nominate several replacement candidates

 Asking what it would take to keep you at the club

• Training

o The ability to go onto the training field to test out tactic’s, and set-pieces.

 This can open other options, like checking a players fitness level’s, a players form/confidence

Things SI need to improve

• International

o Players aged above 30 should stop asking whether they have an international future especially if they haven’t played any games before.

• Match Engine

o The Match Engine has come a LONG way since the Beta was released, I have generally been satisfied with the latest version, I hope SI can sort out the little things and continue to improve other aspects of the Match Day experience.

• Defenders

o They tend to be the highest rating players in the game. This just needs to be toned down, no defender players about 7.5 every game

• Team Talks

o The basics are there, they need to improve, more diversity.

o I want to see more positivity from the players, 10 years at a club and players still treat you like a new comer with regards to team talks.

o Full time team talks, the ability to get a team into the change rooms/on the field and discuss the previous match

• Legends, Icons and Favoured Personal

o Personally I’m not happy with the way this is done, I’ve seen players spend 4 seasons and become icons, and players become highest goal scorers as well as spend 6/7 seasons at a club and either fail to make it onto the list or are just favoured personal. I’ve also seen fans complaining about the player leaving while not considering him a favourite.

o I’m also disappointed at how Staff get onto the list, e.g. I spent 14 years at Jomo Cosmos (in South Africa) and had 3 League Wins, 1 CAF CL Win, 2 Super 8 Cups, 2 Telkom Knockout Cups, 2 Nedbank Cups. Yet it took the new manager 2 seasons to win 3 cups (all based on my work that I had left behind at Cosmos) and he is already moving up that list.

• Former Players

o Basically I’m tired of the press asking me if I’m happy to see player X, Y and Z. This can work in two ways, if the player spent more than 3 or 4 seasons at the club and made over 50 appearances then they can ask me. If he was released early on in his career at the club and didn’t make any appearances then I obviously don’t care about the guy.

• Press Conferences

o I know every year we moan about its repetitiveness, yet we never really give examples of how it could be improved so here are some I think would make it better.

 Clever Journalist’s, if I repeatedly refuse to answer a specific type of question, they should stop asking that question frequently. Instead of every press conference, every 4th or 5th press conference.

• Loaning Players Out

o I’m pretty happy with how this is done in the game. My big problem is seeing 16/17 year old players go on loan for 1 month (generally in England), or longer, to a lower club only for him to go straight into their u18’s team. I sent him out on loan to play for the first team because they wanted him and had him listed as important or first team.

BUGs

• International

o Players switching nations late on

o Coaches leaving role with manager and wishing “club” all the best

• Player Animation

o The ball is passed to a player who is not under pressure slides the ball as if he’s making a last ditch tackle, normally resulting in a loss of possession and/or goal

My Hopes for FM14

• Player Animation

o SI really need to concentrate on are the Animations of the players, I hate seeing players slid along the ground, or have their backs to play etc.

• U18/Reserve Manager positions

o The ability to manage the u18’s or Reserves of any side in the game. This would allow for real career’s to be forged by starting at a young age and working your way to the top!

Archived