What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even just a column next to or replacing Morale on the player selection info screen for Training Performance would be incredibly helpful/immersive.

Players that are fit, performing well and making good development of their skills get a big upward green arrow to show they're raring to go, while players still recovering from injury, struggling with learning an unfamiliar position, lacking motivation or professionalism, or just having an off week get a smaller, less upward, less green arrow.

It's a vital part of a manager's selection process, and we get very little day-to-day feedback concerning it.

I've said this again but will repeat again (please note i don't have FM15 so apologies if its already in) but when at a club you build up a decent backroom staff connection (assistant manager, coaches etc) - it would be cool if, when taking a new job, you could as part of the interview/acceptance say that you want XYZ to join you at the new club. I know you can release and hire them manually but having the game do it for you would be cool - so on day 1 you've got your "team" there with you :)

Agreed, it's well known that certain managers have a team that always moves with them & I'm sure they've turned down jobs where they have been unable to agree terms that include their assistant, head scout, fitness coach et al.

Agreed, it's well known that certain managers have a team that always moves with them & I'm sure they've turned down jobs where they have been unable to agree terms that include their assistant, head scout, fitness coach et al.

Being a mod - do you have any influence with the powers that be, to make this happen? ;)

You'd like to think so, another possible benefit is that it could reduce the number of managers making sideways moves while employed, if the new club had to pay compensation for the manager & his entourage then they might be more inclined to hire a manager who is currently our of work.

I personal gripe of mine is when staff members leave after a manager is fired & they remain unemployed when the manager gets a new job, the foundation is there & hopefully SI will have the time to expand it.

Its a very minor thing but if I'm making player shouts, I expect to see my my manager sprite come off the bench and start waving his arms about. Depending on where you place your stats at the start of the game the sprite would be in either a suit or tracksuit.

I'd also like a match option where "full match" is just that. The full match without time taken away for when the ball goes out of play and suddenly the players have lined up for a corner etc. But that may mean getting ball boys animated in to retrieve the ball..

Hi Lads,

1st of all, thanks for the great job you are doing. The only game I play.

I want to point out 1 thing that it is a bit of a concern while playing the game. Whenever I play a final i.e: Champions League, Europa League, and so on,

only the 18 players on the line up get written in their biography that they won that particular cup. In real life, the actual winners are the 25 players on the list submitted.

I will give you an example. I am managing Barcelona and won the Uefa Champions League. For that game I had Messi and and El Shaarawy (whom I bought from AC Milan)

had picked up an injury and could not play the final, which I won with a penalty shoot out. When checking their biography, there was nowhere written that they won the cup like

their team mates, which I think it's not good since they played 33 and 36 games respectively, and another 11 games of the cup. Hope you take a look to this matter and maybe

this could be one of the improvements there will be in the next issue of the game.

Guest El Payaso

Please give us a more challenging and better tactics system. This current system has been boring since day one and it's becoming more of that. Couple of new roles per version is not going to save it. The game relies now too much on players´current ability in terms how well you do when it should be about how good manager you are. Please: ability to influence on passing play, movement as a team and creating your own roles instead of using this current one.

Basically this current system makes things too much hard-coded: cannot create a great season for decent player and on the other hand cannot make really good player perform badly.

I would love to see a feature similar to what Sir Alex did during his last days at Man Utd.

The feature is if you've been a manager of a club for a long time, and you are a bit of an icon there, you can recommend the next manager.

I've been at Schalke for 10 years, won numerous trophies and i have a bit of a connection with them, and i'd love to recommend the next manager, cause i don't want the AI to hire some Amateur and ruin my great club..

I would love to see a feature similar to what Sir Alex did during his last days at Man Utd.

The feature is if you've been a manager of a club for a long time, and you are a bit of an icon there, you can recommend the next manager.

I've been at Schalke for 10 years, won numerous trophies and i have a bit of a connection with them, and i'd love to recommend the next manager, cause i don't want the AI to hire some Amateur and ruin my great club..

This plays into one of the main problems with FM and that is being oblivious to anything outside your own team's bubble. Other clubs are merely positions in the table and how they play or who their best players are and what abilities they have on the pitch are just not on people's radar. I play L2 and ok if you're playing top flight from the off there is that RL knowledge, but after ten years in the game who really knows what goes on outside the 'bubble'?

This plays into one of the main problems with FM and that is being oblivious to anything outside your own team's bubble. Other clubs are merely positions in the table and how they play or who their best players are and what abilities they have on the pitch are just not on people's radar. I play L2 and ok if you're playing top flight from the off there is that RL knowledge, but after ten years in the game who really knows what goes on outside the 'bubble'?

Yeah strongly agree with this, i don't really know who the top players in the world are due to the lack of signifcance that has in FM, yeah you get ballon d'or news but i think we need a magazine or something monthly to tell us the best players for that month in each league and position

Yeah strongly agree with this, i don't really know who the top players in the world are due to the lack of signifcance that has in FM, yeah you get ballon d'or news but i think we need a magazine or something monthly to tell us the best players for that month in each league and position

Don't you get news items about players of the month, players of the year, goals of the month etc.?

There's also a dedicated section on Player Performances for each league, outlining the best performing players in that league for a number of stats, including, Tackles Per Game, Goals, Assists, Match Ratings, Man of the Match etc.

Maybe if these things made it to the news screen instead of having to click through them it would be good?

But you can also set your scouts to scout your league, youth leagues, other leagues and report on the best players.

Problem is, if the game was more real life to experience this then you'd spend 1 real life week playing FM and progressing 1 FM week in the game to absorb this information.

Fact is, the facts are already in the game, you just have to look for them - scout and take chances on players.

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, but how about the option to request to discontinue your 2nd team.

Some German clubs, including my Dynamo Dresden, have recently decided to scrap their 2nd team IRL, for financial reasons as they make a loss of many tens of thousands.

When scheduling friendlies at the start of the season, it would be nice to have a menu for required friendlies, ie from transfer clauses and affiliates. I find it hard to keep track sometimes and this would make it easier to sort out these friendlies before you get prompted.

being in a bubble, aka knowing what is going on only with your own team could be relatively easy dealt with as all the info is already in the game but SI should improve screen flow feature.

A) by making it easier to set up all news feed that should be only set up once and not for each save

B) by showing this info while the game is processing. so you'd have tables, statistics, results, trasfer rumours and stuff at a glance while you are waiting. should also be presented in more graphical pleasing way as it is done on tv, newspapers, websites

When beeing interviewed after a match, when like a red card or an wrongly given offside goal, you should be able to see a much better replay of that situastion, before commentating to the media.

I think it would be great if you could ask player agent(s) to recommend players to you. You would then receive the agent's "scout" report of the player with the player's attributes fully or largely visible. Depending on the agent's charachteristics this report, and even the visible attributes, could be wildly inaccurate - the agent lies about, or has a very optimistic view of, the player to get his client hired.

Should you sign a player an agent recommended, you could get some positive carma with the agent. As it is now, most of the agents you deal with end up hating you.

Another thing, it would be nice to have the questioning in an interview that the team approaches you for, reflect that in some way. Rather than almost questioning my ability, if you approached me you should know what I offer to some extent.

The AI must evolve and recognize what type of possession my team is making: if my is passing the ball, unbalancing the opponent, closing down agressively and after 60-65 minutes even winning, weaker opponent teams can't have the ability to come back into the match like they were on the top of their shape.

During pre-season matches (friendly) it's completely out of logic players being constantely not interested or complacent. Come on SI, pre-season is precisely when players are more motivated to grab a place in the first team. And during the season, having players in the bench with high moral and immediately after entering the match becoming complacent is also very wrong.

Don't know weather this has been mentioned before but I think a good thing to put in future release is at the final home match of the season seeing the players do a lap of honour for the fans. Also if they've won the league or cup parading the trophy around the stadium.

Does the quality of corporate facilites have an effect on sponsorship deals? If it doesn't, I think it should. If it does, then I think clubs ought to be capable of renovating/improving their corporate facilities. Generally I think it would be great if SI could introduce stadium category system similar to the UEFA stadium categories. It would make sense to have successful and ambitious clubs improving their stadiums in ways other than merely increasing spectator capacity.

It would also be good if clubs could build new youth stadiums and training grounds that are separate from the main stadiums.

I play lower league. Surely travel time needs to be factored into the game when my team need to travel from Devon to Gateshead. A squad set to travel will need to be decided on a day before whenever the journey starts. Is it the day before on a coach, or perhaps very early in the morning on the train? But having training on a Friday and picking the team at 3pm Saturday when 400 miles away needs rectifying.

Hello,

I've been a FM fan for a long time. I have enjoyed the evolution of the game over the years.

Here are some ideas I have and would love to see in future games.

a) Sponsors: Sponsors play such a major role in the club's finances and growth. I would love see an option to be able to play in the Football Manager mode where you can deal with sponsors and negotiate contracts directly with them. If not, hiring someone who would have deal with them. It would also be neat being able to seek out to sponsors after a good season and work deals with them.

b) Stadiums: Before jumping on this franchise, I played another football manager game and my only favorite feature I had with it was being able to customize and build stadiums. You would be able to look at the stadium, choose to close down one section to rebuild it or upgrading it, while being able also to choose if you were to use banners, tv's, screens, etc... for advertisements. I feel it would be much easier to bargain with the board to upgrading only one section of the stadium, rather than upgrading the whole stadium or building a brand new one. This would even be more relevant for smaller clubs with smaller budgets.

c) Social media: I love what FM has done with media interaction. The interface is also smooth and easy to navigate, as well as quickly responding interviews. We're in 2015 and social media has a huge influence on sports. Although I don't think it's a major necessity, maybe being able to have a Twitter account and interacting with other players/managers/fans that way could be a nice plus. I love the way NBA 2K has done with its social media aspect in the game. I'm sure FM could find a way to make it even better.

I would like to see a "shout at referee" option to influence possible fringe calls. For example, if one of my players gets tackled hard with no foul given and is visibly upset, I should be able to shout at the ref to perhaps calm my players down (sympathize) and possibly influence a future call depending on the character of the referee. My players will also remain focus and let the manager or captain deal with the ref.

Or perhaps, a foul and card was given unjustly to my player and by shouting aggressively, maybe a make-up call will go in my favor later in the match. Of course doing this too many times and/or with the wrong tone can have a negative effect such as being ignored,riling up and unsettling my players causing a dirty match and a complete lack of focus, or even being dismissed and fined. A reputation rating can also be given to all the managers in their profile for those that contest constantly vs.those who remain quiet and calm. Of course when the quiet ones voice their opinion it is taken with much more substance.

Shouts can also be given against numerous close off-sides to maybe influence the A.R. to second guess his next call. Or maybe for or against an attacking player going down inside of the box.All of these shouts should have no effect whatsoever on a good just referee, as I'm sure the hidden ratings for each ref are already in the game as to how good they are, but maybe, just maybe, my team is on a cold streak and with a timely favorable call from a shaky ref I can try to get them that elusive victory.

the transfers need a overhaul, human players pay well over the odds for players and get a lot lower fees for players, definitely needs balancing out.

FA interaction, better media interaction.

Bring 'free roles' into the player instructions .

When a team has debt but has millions in the bank/transfer funds there should be a option/question to board to 'clear debt with transfer or funds in account. Or something along them lines.

More in depth player interaction, should be able to talk to all players before offering a contract not just the ones who aren't really interested.

better interaction with other managers to be able build relationships good and bad ,

also media coverage needs a massive lift either give it a whole new level, more questions, more answers, be able to build games up more, mind games etc..... or scrap it end of.

Would like to be able to have a say in the stadiums, expanding, building etc...

I would like to see some declaring bankruptcy and then being relegated of 2 or 3 divisions, losing their professional status, selling their assets like in reality Parma. Or being relegated because of financial difficulties by the FA like Grenoble in France.

Training needs to be improved.

It really annoys me that I can only set training for a month at a time and no option to automatically repeat the previous months training.

It's never going to happen because the player attribute rating system could not cope with modelling players who are that young, all you would get a players with a load of attributes of 1 & maybe a couple as high as 5.

As for recruitment of foreign players under 16 as that is illegal under international transfer rules it is also not something that will likely ever make it into FM, links with overseas academies are more or less covered through the current club affiliation system.

sorry for the late reply to this.

Clubs get around this all the time - if a player moves country, for reasons other than football, they can be signed by clubs if they are under 16. Also, if they do not belong to any club at all, aren't they are free of those restrictions?

I just hate this system currently where you have no say in anything in your youth team, and it's just luck if you get someone who is any good or not. I know there are a few things you can upgrade to apparently help your youth team, but it is still just potluck at the end of it. I still don't see how it would be so difficult to have players under the age of 16- FM has a system currently whereby players have different rates of improving, I don't see why it would be so tough to reduce the age of youth players (and reduce the stats they have accordingly- Total Club Manager used to have players as young as 10 on your books, and that was about 10 years ago). At the very least, they could try and allow you to set parameters for the type of youth players you want, to help with the ones that come through (eg. players with good work ethic, or fast players, etc). Plus, it would make more sense if you actually got each position come through - i've had youth crops come through with 5 goalkeepers and no defenders.

Lastly, the affiliation system on FM is awful at the moment, the only thing it seems to do is improve your reputation in the country that the affiliate is in. I've had games where I've had an affiliation with clubs for over 10 years without getting any players of that nationality come through.

ok, something different that I would like a change in, is the way players decide they want to move on. Too many times I have a player decide he wants to join a bigger club before anyone has even bid for him. It seems silly that they would do this - surely they should wait for a bid to come in first before saying something like this? I'd like it if bigger clubs pursued the younger players at my club more aggressively too - at the moment, they opt out if i slap a price tag on them of 3m or more (when i'm a league one or championship side), when in reality that wouldn't stop them (It does happen in real life, Crewe sold Nick Powell for around £4m when they were in league one)

I agree that youth system has to be remodeled.

It's absolutely absurd for example to have each year regens who play winger if we have a tactic without wingers isn't it?

Last thing, i would like to see the youths squad of big europeans clubs to be more multi nationalized. Take a look at FC Porto and Intermilan academy :

1431384165-capture-d-ecran-2015-05-11-a-23-35-23.png

1431384166-capture-d-ecran-2015-05-11-a-23-41-26.png

Just a detail but it would still be an improvement to the game :thup:

It's absolutely absurd for example to have each year regens who play winger if we have a tactic without wingers isn't it?

To me this is a ridiculous argument and a non-issue.

For one tactics change over time as do managers so a first team might not play with wingers now but in five years time who knows what their tactics will be.

Secondly if a good player turns up to your youth academy but happens to be a winger do you think a real life club would say "Ah sorry you're a winger we don't want you, go away".

Also once in your youth team you have the option of retraining them to another position.

Last thing, i would like to see the youths squad of big europeans clubs to be more multi nationalized. Take a look at FC Porto and Intermilan academy :

They are to some extent but maybe not as much as real life.

In my save Porto have three Russians & a Moroccan in their youth team while Inter have five non Italians (Albania, Portugal, Germany, Indonesia & Ghana)

Not in any way, shape or form to me. So if the old system was going to generate a 5* once in a generation winger, but you don't play wingers, you would rather he never existed or went to a rival? It's a lottery - one year you might get 8 strikers, and other years you'll get players that don't fit into your system. It would be incredibly boring to get eleven players in that all fit nicely into your system. And not remotely realistic.

Not in any way, shape or form to me. So if the old system was going to generate a 5* once in a generation winger, but you don't play wingers, you would rather he never existed or went to a rival? It's a lottery - one year you might get 8 strikers, and other years you'll get players that don't fit into your system. It would be incredibly boring to get eleven players in that all fit nicely into your system. And not remotely realistic.

Agree to a point, but I would like to see the youth system changed slightly. Maybe having more control over players before they get into your youth intake? For example, a scouting option such as 'scout local clubs for youth players' which would send a scout into the local junior leagues, or being able to see the u-16 or u-15 teams etc.

Agree to a point, but I would like to see the youth system changed slightly. Maybe having more control over players before they get into your youth intake? For example, a scouting option such as 'scout local clubs for youth players' which would send a scout into the local junior leagues, or being able to see the u-16 or u-15 teams etc.

I just don't see the youth intake as being like that. Up for interpretation of course, but I see it as a pool of players that were brought in from the local area/wherever. You have no control over which people picked up a ball at some point in their childhood, and even less control on what kind of player they are when they reach you.

What it seems like others want is a stage prior to this where my theoretical pool of players arrives, and is then whittled down into those players that you - the manager - want to see. The only way that would be made realistic is if some years you ended up with very few or perhaps no players coming in because none fitted in with your system. If you always have 10 or so youths coming in that fit into your system then you're pretty much inventing players rather than it being an organic process.

If that makes sense.

I just don't see the youth intake as being like that. Up for interpretation of course, but I see it as a pool of players that were brought in from the local area/wherever. You have no control over which people picked up a ball at some point in their childhood, and even less control on what kind of player they are when they reach you.

What it seems like others want is a stage prior to this where my theoretical pool of players arrives, and is then whittled down into those players that you - the manager - want to see. The only way that would be made realistic is if some years you ended up with very few or perhaps no players coming in because none fitted in with your system. If you always have 10 or so youths coming in that fit into your system then you're pretty much inventing players rather than it being an organic process.

If that makes sense.

Yeah, I see what you mean. Seems like some people want a 'la masia' style academy in FM, in which they can instruct coaches to teach players to play a certain style of football, and fit into a certain way of playing etc. I see the youth intake as more than just a random set of players, more so as the best of the kids from the academy. So if you had more control over the academy, you'll have more control of the types of player coming through. Of course there should still be room for a variety of players, such as you should still get wingers or defensive midfielders or whatever coming through as that would happen in real life (plus if you decide to change your tactics, you may need some!!). Of course, this would only be an option once you've maxed out your upgrades (in my opinion).

Yeah, I see what you mean. Seems like some people want a 'la masia' style academy in FM, in which they can instruct coaches to teach players to play a certain style of football, and fit into a certain way of playing etc. I see the youth intake as more than just a random set of players, more so as the best of the kids from the academy. So if you had more control over the academy, you'll have more control of the types of player coming through. Of course there should still be room for a variety of players, such as you should still get wingers or defensive midfielders or whatever coming through as that would happen in real life (plus if you decide to change your tactics, you may need some!!). Of course, this would only be an option once you've maxed out your upgrades (in my opinion).

I've no issue with wanting to have that kind of academy, but you should have to try and teach whoever comes in rather than being able to be more selective IMO.

SI are missing a trick here because I believe some players rate this issue very highly. They could give you a number of different options e.g

1. Odd player comes through and you search for better younger players. They should base this on the clubs present performance on bringing young players through. Maybe a coefficient that changes if you bring more through.

2. Very little youth structure for the players that just want to dabble with transfers.

3. More advanced young players for those who want to build a team for the future.

This could be added into the type of coach you are when starting the game.

I'd like to see above all, when you use add/remove leagues, when adding a new league mid-season, there should be the option to add as "non playable", just like when you start a new save, and also, for those who start a new save as soon as FM is out in the stores, and play it for 30 or 40 seasons, there should be the possibility to include customized DB without having the need to start a new save

Not sure if it's been said but if you take over a club when a new manager has arrived, the game should recognise the previous manager hasn't taken control of that club.

For example I took over at Manchester United at the start of FM15. Van Gaal in theory never took charge of the club. He now manages Tottenham and whenever we play he is asked about the job I'm doing after his reign.

Only minor but worth a look as it should be looking a manager I.e David Moyes/Ryan Giggs.

• 2 months later...

I'd love to be able to create training plans and sessions. So if you have a bad game in front of goal, you can create a training session that focuses only on shooting etc. Also to introduce more things into what you want being trained, now we have; Fitness, balanced, tactical, ball control, defending, attacking, team cohesion. Introduce things such as, shooting, positioning and so forth. After every training session you should get a report on how the session went, who looked good, who looked bad etc. I remember playing a game that had this and it was so good because you could then decide who should be dropped for the next match.

Better and more realistic transfer offers and requests. I've lost count on how many times I've bid for a player worth 5m then get counter offered saying they want 30m even though he will never reach that price. Also when receiving an offer for a player worth 3m I've have numerous offers of like 600k and then money over a certain amount of time. Its stupid and annoying and needs to be fixed

I think the main thing that needs to be done is the AI, its awful this season.

It would be nice to see more interactivity with sponsors, we could choose the sponsorahip considering lenght of contract and value

We should have the option to shout with referee during match, if there was a penalty or offside that we dont agree with. (If the manager strong on the complains he could get red card and not manage the team for the next number of match)

It could have an marketing director on the board, that we could ask how much it will be the marketing impact of a player that could be hired.

Financially realistic, its very easy to "make it money" during the game, selling some players and won 1 or 2 championships and then you dont have financial issues anymore (and we all know that is not like that in real life)

Also the option to pay it clubs debt if you make it money selling a few players.

Option to star as a under 18 manager, for example: if wen you starting you manager career, if you choose your background as amateur player you will have only offers to be under 18 manager, if you choose semi-amateur ex player then your options will be under 18 and some third dividion clubs, if you choose a low profile player then U18, 3division and 2 division players and there will go.

Also as a manager you have to do the manager training for manager license class C, B, A and Continental, otherwise you will not get offers from national teams or bigger clubs, you can pay that with your wages.

Also with your wages you can have the option to invest or purchase a club after you decide to finish your manager carrer and became a club owner.

Wen a president of a club is replaced all thr board of directors should change too

Prizes for manager reaching goals: wen negociating a contract with a club you should have the option to ask for a prize for cup or league winner or reaching top 4 on the league.

Option to watch the trainig to correct players position and tactics

make promisses with players: like if you are in a small club and want to hold on that stricker or your midfield star or the 5star defender but the big teams are offering him a contract that is financially unreacheble for you, you could talk to him and promisse that you will bring more players to make it the club more competitive if he stay's.

And I love it to play it with the 3D engine, if was to stay with the 2d, I would still be playing the CM03/04, by saying that I need to poit that the 3D mach need serious improvments!! Its urgent!!! The amount of stupid plays and mistakes are too high! Like for example: after a corner kick the ball is launched to your defence, it pass right in front of your two defenders feet, it rools trough the other team foward and he scores!

I think that the FM fans dont want to play Fifa or PS, we dont care that much about graphics we want more realism than graphics.

Thanks!

Archived