The tycoon takeover thread

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just meant that rather than me editing it so we get taken over. I'll let the game decide whether we get taken over.

That's why I'm confused. Everything posted in this thread has been "decided by the game". Maybe you have misread somewhere.

In my longest recent game I've had the following takeovers:

-------

Melbourne Heart by Austria Tycoon Gernot Temmel. Team value is 33.5 million pounds. Spent basically no money and just finished last in the A League in his first year.

Grenoble by Australia Tycoon Melvin Robertson. Team value is 58 million pounds. Consistently spend 18-20 million pounds a season and finish in the 5th-9th range.

FK Indjija of Serbia by English Tycoon Danny Hall. Team value is 32.5 million pounds. In his first full season spent 6 million pounds and are on pace to finish between 11th and 14th in a 16 team league

That's why I'm confused. Everything posted in this thread has been "decided by the game". Maybe you have misread somewhere.

NLMichieJ wrote:Have you used the editor before starting this savegame? I have the same thing and I'm pretty sure the editor is the reason why. You'll never be taken over then really.

And I replied to him/her that I would rather the game decide whether Everton would be taken over or not. I may have got confused as to what NLMichiej was saying.

Birmingham got taken over by a tycoon from the Czech Rep. They spent £50m finished 4th when they were relegation candidates the season prior. They knocked out PSG in the qualifiers, PSG who had reached two finals in the last two years, losing one (against Lyon PK shootout) and beating me in the other one, PSG were probably the best team in the game along with my Inter. That wasn't the end of the shocks.

Birmingham got a easy group bar Real Madrid (who they beat twice!) and knocked former champions Lyon out in the last 16, they then went out in a PK shootout to Hoffenhiem in the quarter finals. They finished 3rd the season just gone thanks to winning at the City of Manchester 3-0 on the last day of the season. I anticipate them causing more shocks.

On my game Northants in League 2 got taken over by a tycoon who pumped £40m in the club. 2 years later and they're still in League 2, but they've bought a few unwanted players off of me. Hoping to get them as a feeder club soon.

Oh and the nationality - Nigerian. Guess he got his money by winning the lottery over there or something :lol:

On my game Northants in League 2 got taken over by a tycoon who pumped £40m in the club. 2 years later and they're still in League 2, but they've bought a few unwanted players off of me. Hoping to get them as a feeder club soon.

Oh and the nationality - Nigerian. Guess he got his money by winning the lottery over there or something :lol:

Any chance of an upload?

In my longest recent game I've had the following takeovers:

-------

Melbourne Heart by Austria Tycoon Gernot Temmel. Team value is 33.5 million pounds. Spent basically no money and just finished last in the A League in his first year.

Grenoble by Australia Tycoon Melvin Robertson. Team value is 58 million pounds. Consistently spend 18-20 million pounds a season and finish in the 5th-9th range.

FK Indjija of Serbia by English Tycoon Danny Hall. Team value is 32.5 million pounds. In his first full season spent 6 million pounds and are on pace to finish between 11th and 14th in a 16 team league

How did you find them all?

I just noticed in my lower league game that Ebbsfleet were taken over by a tycoon, tbh i didnt even realise for a while after it happened until i saw they made bids for big fee players on my shortlist who were wanted by championship clubs, they are atm in League One

Just some background on my career in this save, i started in BSN with Redditch, then MK Dons in League One, then West Ham in champ, now Reading in champ

Strange coincidence is that former Ebbsfleet chairman Paul Sonsara is now chairman of my current club Reading, tbh i didnt even know that was possible :S

2q9ds80.jpg

dew7jr.jpg

2re2suo.jpg

Stoke have had a tycoon takeover in my game.. He took over in June 2016 and they still only spent 16 mil overall as well as raking in 8 mil. But there doing seriously well, 2nd in the league after 17 games in the prem with Martin Jol in charge and looking good for a champs league spot in the first season with their massive amounts of ££££.

Not too many great ones on my saves.

My team (Arsenal) were taken over by a local tycoon who PUT NO MONEY IN

Newcastle were taken over and given a decent amount of money which was taken away after 2 seasons. However Rio Ferdinand is leading them towards a very good finish this year.

Also, Everton were just taken over by a fans trust.

Is a tycoon takeover possible in the Irish league?

In my current Truro save, in 2027 Derry City got taken over by a tycoon, claimed to pump money in, he has been upgrading their facilities for a while now, same with Leyton Orient in League 2, not seen a massive amount in player purchases yet for either

• 1 month later...

In my current game Aston Villa were taken over by at Tycoon in 2014/15 season. While they haven't won anything major (think they won the league cup) yet it's defo on the horizon. Simon Grayson is in charge of them and they are starting to challenge my Leeds United side and Manchester City by finishing 3rd behind the both of us in the last two seasons (10 and 6 points off the top in those seasons). I'm in 2017/18 at the moment and while they sit 6th (and in the last 16 of the Champions League due to face Real Madrid) i'm in January and 5 points seperates 1st from 7th.

1. Spurs

2. Man City

3. Man Utd

4. Leeds

5. Chelsea

6. Aston Villa

7. Everton

(Arsenal and Liverpool have totally meltdown)

Villa are spending like 50-60m per season and Yaya Sanogo (the record signing) bagged 32 in the league last season and already has 17 this season. Think Spurs may have also had a take over as they threw a bit of cash around in the summer but i'm not sure.

In mine Villa got taken over by a megarich Russian, they got to semi finals and finished 2nd in the league but couldn't topple my team and he withdrew his funding.

A season later Stoke got taken over by a megarich Mexican, same deal.. semis, finals vs me, 2nd in the league to me, withdrew his funding.

I'm dreading the time when my team gets taken over. In previous games it's happened and wiped off half the value of the club i'd built up, taken away most of the money i'd accrued and cut links to the clubs i'd been using to send players on loan. Killed my interest in that save completely.

I'm half way through season 6 with Forest in the Prem.

Spurs won the Prem in season 5 by just a point from me. In season 6 they were taken over by an English tycoon who provided about 140mil for transfers. The manager hasn't had chance to slash the cash as the money came in after the transfer window closed and it hasn't re-opened yet. To be honest they don't need it as they've got a great squad, although in season 6 they have slumped to around 14th with about 18 games gone.

Arsenal have also had consortiums sniffing around them for ages but nothing final has happened. Every so often they have a transfer embargo and then the deal collapses a month or two later.

I think Palermo were taken over. In the last couple of seasons they've spent a fortune on players and keep trying to poach mine!

In a previous version I managed Mansfield to the Premier League. When I got into the Championship we were taken over but no money was provided. I didn't need it for transfers but a new stadium might have been useful!

best 1 i saw was stafford rangers got a tycoon in 2016, while struggling in the blue square north. they reached the premier league in 2025. in future years they finished 5th 3 times, won 1 fa cup and runner up once and twice runner up of the league cup. best european performance was semi finals of the euro cup where they lost to ac milan. sadly in 2045 after 20 years of top flight football they were relegated and now sit midtable in the championship and are currently around 30m in the red with a big debt. they could easily spiral back down the leagues from this situation.

Hartlepool United had a takeover on my England save by a Canadian Tycoon. This is his 3rd season after finishing 20th and 17th in League One the previous two. Hartlepool are currently 6th after 16 games already 10 points behind leaders Northampton.

While managing Wales, TNS got one. At the end of the season I took over and the minimum in the Champions League was a quarter final. I was able to get players like Daniel Carvalho, Bellamy, Pavel Pogbryenka, ALex Hleb. Its quite fun really only in 2012

I shudder to think what the average score line for you must in the league. Had any double-digits yet?

Arsenal just had a tycoon take over in my game about 6 seasons in and i got a news item saying that he is going to make them a force to be reckoned with and they will have a further 95million to spend even though they only won the league 2 seasons back.

While managing Wales, TNS got one. At the end of the season I took over and the minimum in the Champions League was a quarter final. I was able to get players like Daniel Carvalho, Bellamy, Pavel Pogbryenka, ALex Hleb. Its quite fun really only in 2012

minimum in the Champions League was a quarter final? with tns?

no pressure then :D

i've always wanted to manage in wales and to get the league rep up just to see if i could.

never did get round to it though

minimum in the Champions League was a quarter final? with tns?

no pressure then :D

i've always wanted to manage in wales and to get the league rep up just to see if i could.

never did get round to it though

Well we're into the first knockout round only winning one game in the group stages, drawing 5. One nil up at the san siro against AC in the 90 +3 minute we concede. Same against Shaktar. We got serville next round though so fingers crossed.

Not my team, but it happened in my savegame that 2nd tier Swedish club Syrianska FC got taken over by a Swiss tycoon. They now rule the Swedish competition.

When I joined Arsenal in my game in 2036, they had an Italian tycoon in charge and it took Arsenal to the richest club in the world, and winning Premiership titles like it was going out of fashion.

I remember there was also a lower league team that got a tycoon, I think it was Wealdstone that reached the BSP by then. I believe the tycoon was from Columbia. I'll have to check again on that one.

• 1 year later...

In 2009 I joined norwegian KFUM Oslo, because the spot was free. Next day after I joined, I got the message that 5m were invested into the finances, mind you I didn't know what I was getting into, as the club's value was under 500k I think. Then I looked at the staff and Chairman + Directors were Greek :) After that, money was frequently invested, I didn't look up if it was tycoon, but everything points to that.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone finding there to be way too many tycoon takeovers?

I have 17 nations active and have subscribed to see board takeovers for all nations. I find about 75% are showing as tycoon takeovers.

Only one so far has shown the tycoon as wanting to be a force in football and ready to invest vast sums of money and its in the czech second division - Slovan Liberec. The other takeovers are tycoons but it dosent say they are investing large amounts of money.

Anyone finding there to be way too many tycoon takeovers?

I have 17 nations active and have subscribed to see board takeovers for all nations. I find about 75% are showing as tycoon takeovers.

Only one so far has shown the tycoon as wanting to be a force in football and ready to invest vast sums of money and its in the czech second division - Slovan Liberec. The other takeovers are tycoons but it dosent say they are investing large amounts of money.

If you mean FM 13 i'm at 2024 and have yet to see any tycoon takeover.

Gainsboro Trinity in the BSB North was taken over by a Hungarian tycoon, he injected 7m to spend on players and made them professional straight away.

The funny thing is, he had almost taken over West Brom until it collapsed then 2 weeks later i see he took over at Gainsboro haha.

Archived