Jim Bristow/Serpico has died

bell

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply
really have no clue what to say, but that pretty much expresses the kind of thing I'm thinking at the moment. the distinction between the friends you have in your everyday life and the people you interact with online seems to become very blurry when you hear news like this

rip

I concur. Serps was about as close to being a friend as you could get without actually meeting.

Without a word of a lie, I am close to tears.

Holy ****.

Only found out thanks to Mate Hector's Facebook status, and I literally felt my heart sink. It really makes you realise how easy it is to not think of an online community as a group of real people until things like this happen - my most sincere condolences to all those close to him, and anyone here who is genuinely affected in any way by his passing.

At least he got to see Hull in the top flight - and saw Phil Brown sacked - before he went. Rest in peace, sir.

Holy ****.

Only found out thanks to Mate Hector's Facebook status, and I literally felt my heart sink. It really makes you realise how easy it is to not think of an online community as a group of real people until things like this happen - my most sincere condolences to all those close to him, and anyone here who is genuinely affected in any way by his passing.

At least he got to see Hull in the top flight - and saw Phil Brown sacked - before he went. Rest in peace, sir.

Yeah exactly. Always seem to think that people online are invincible and will always be there :(

Thought this was a sick joke.

Absolutely gutted to hear this. I didnt have many personal dealing with the guy but he was always very sound and very entertaining. He was also veery helpful. 44 really is no age. May he rest in peace and my condolences to his family.

*pours a little brew*

truly shocking news. jim was an amazing guy, with a heart of gold. absolutely flabbergasted by this. this forum has lost a complete legend.

rip serps. thoughts go to his friends and family at this difficult time. 44 is NO age. :(

wow, that is awful. played poker with him a few times and he always seemed a decent bloke. RIP, you'll be remembered well here.

his last post was 1049 this morning, really is mental that a matter of hours later he is no longer with us. shocking.

Wow, shocking and terrible news.

I'm not a huge poster on these forums but knew his name when I saw it. Sent him a PM about the forums not last week actually.

RIP!

Crossed swords with him on a good few ocassions in the last few years over me being an angry person towards users and what not, always took the time to PM me and chat on msn rather than infract me.

'May angels lead you in.

Hear you me my friends.

On sleepless roads the sleepless go.

May angels lead you in.'

Go in peace :(

****ing hell.....I'm gutted :( Loved that guy as much as you can from someone you interact with on the internet. Solid man and loved his sense of humor, our back and forth and the random warnings he gave liked to pester me with once I gave up my modship

1) Warning for posting I liked the Steve Martin Pink Panter Film....Reason: Sacrilege

2) Warning after I posted a link to Hulu....Reason: Posting stuff that only Yanks can see

Blimey, very very sad news. Going to be strange not seeing his name appear on my screen on OTF, very very strange indeed.

Not really a lot more I can add, apart from my condolences and best wishes to all close to him. :(

I don't think I'm speaking out of turn when I say he was our best mod: fair and level headed, he helps guide us newer mods. This is shocking news and speaks volumes of the man that he can leave such an impact on an online community - I can't imagine the gaping hole left in those who knew him IRL. RIP Jim - pillar of this community. :(

Bloody hell, I didn't even know the guy at all, but this has upset me, someone got it spot on above when they said you don't really think of online people as if they're able to die, like they're invincible. Always seemed a decent guy who gave a lot to the forums. 44 is no age at all to go. :(

Condolences to his family.

R.I.P. :(

Just not sure what to say really. Most others have said what i'd try to say in much better ways.

Despite my considerable number of posts i didnt ever interact with Serps too much. There was the odd bit of Caleb Folan based banter but that was about it.

RIP

I don't think I'm speaking out of turn when I say he was our best mod: fair and level headed, he helps guide us newer mods. This is shocking news and speaks volumes of the man that he can leave such an impact on an online community - I can't imagine the gaping hole left in those who knew him IRL. RIP Jim - pillar of this community. :(

Can only agree here GM.

I never met Serps, but have had many debates with him over the years and was always amazed at the sheer amount of knowledge that he possessed.

One by one

Only the Good die young

They're only flying too close to the sun

And life goes on -

Without you...

Archived