Who do you support?

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What is all this 2 and 3 club stuff? How can you support 2 clubs?

I go to a lot of Watford games, and would actually say I support them more than Arsenal.

I like Arsenal, and used to only support them. But then I realised that I never went to any games because I had no one to go with and it was too expensive.

Glory, Glory, Man United,

And the reds go marching on, on, on...

I've always wondered since I first heard that chant on FIFA 2003-why did a team in Manchester adopt an American campfire spiritual turned abolitionist patriot song as the melody for their rallying cry? Is it just a matter of the tune being world-famous and simply picked up? Or is there a history behind it?

I can undertand the "one club, one club only" philosophy, and, generally, agree with it. I support two, though, because I have a local team (Chicago) I can go see, and help, in my one-person way, expand the sport in the US. Then I have my English team (Reading), who I follow religiously on the net (since we don't get Championship matches on TV over here) and by buying licensed gear.

I guess I'm saying it's okay to support more than one side if they are greatly removed from each other.

I have a few but only one from each league. Overall I support Arsenal but in Scotand it's Hibernian, in Spain it's Atletico Madrid, Italy is Fiorentina and I've got family in Hereford so why not back them in league one.

To the people questioning supporting more than one club:

Basically, not everyone sees the game the same way, no matter how much you might wish they did. In life, people make tonnes of connections with things, and it's the same with football. There may well be a purist's view that you have to support one team and one team only, but we're all human beings and, in truth, open to being influenced by any number of teams. In my case, I grew up supporting Man Utd because everyone around me was supporting them. I was about five or six years old and had no concept of supporting your local team. I just followed the crowd. I really enjoyed watching Man Utd, with the likes of Cantona, Giggs, Kanchelskis, Scholes, Schemichel etc becoming huge parts of my life. The bug took hold and I was hooked on Man Utd and I still am. However, as I got a little older and my knowledge of football increased, I started to go to Southport games. It was mainly just for the fun of it, but I've been doing it for years now and am very passionate about it. But I'm passionate about United too. Other clubs also mean a lot to me for a number of reasons. I'm just an open-minded person who loves the game and isn't restricted on football loyalties by such things as where I'm from or how many other teams I like. I think the world of football is too rich, diverse and interesting for that. The tribalism of football is the real/i] tragedy. Without that, maybe people's minds would see beyond their own club and they'd take more of an interest in helping other clubs survive. That's one reason I've donated money to Weymouth. No connections with the town, but so what? I love football and I want to do what little I can to keep the club going for the people who love it.

I was the first on here to say about "A true club supporter could only ever support one team" and I still maintain this, but you and many others here are "football" fans and thats fine. I personally would never when asked who I support say more than one team.

I do have soft spots for other clubs, I was a steward at Watford for the first time they were promoted to the premiership and have been to watch them away many times with friends.

St. Albans where my big/small local club for 26 years and watched them many times.

London Colney is where I lived for 26 years and my Grandfather played for them and I would watch them with him and my dad home and away when very young. My Grandfather actually wanted to have his ashes scattered on the pitch (it was in our local paper).

I now live in Luton and plan on going to there last home game of the season.

My Mum side live in Sunderland and they are a passionate lot!

Who do I support?

Arsenal first and last. :)

I support Wolverhampton Wanderers m1234566778

But I have been to Liverpool, Shrewsbury and Valencia games

and AFC Telford when I was younger

Their fans are bunch of animals! Horrible people.

I agree, I don't know how someone can support more than one team. It's everyones individual choice of course but if my team ever went under (ver close twice in the past few years!) I would really struggle to support another team.

If you don't understand it then take me for example. My grandfather was born in Milan, grandmother in Palermo. They supported Milan and Palermo. Later on and now they support both teams. They passed it through the family and it runs true. I spend as much time as I can down in Sicily if I am not in the US. I don't get that many chances to go up north to Milan though.

I will always love Milan. I loved them as a kid because they were great. And I was just a young lad. I love their style of methodical possession football and frankly let's be honest Maldini is God. But since I was raised in Sicily I learned to also love Palermo. They haven't won nearly as much if anything as Milan but let's be honest they are the best damn looking team in the history of sports. I have some great memories of home games that I have been at and recently I had some great times. I have plenty of friends on both sides.

Now the question of if they face each other who would I want to win. That is a tough one. If Milan is playing like they SHOULD be playing like they DESERVE the win then I hope they get the three points and my pink men give them a hard time. But as history would have it, or at least earlier this season, Milan can play like s*** and Palermo can pull a underdog win and play their hearts out. It also depends on how much money I have on either team. If you are "offended" by this I honestly don't care. It's football.

Don't get me started on the color argument. First off it's not the Stone Age any more. Palermitani are real men who are manly men. And yes I do have four Palermo kits that I wear ;) Come on its better than the generic stripe shirt and boring colors MOST teams use. Now purple...that is just gay.

They succeed in blinding their opponents. That is pretty bad.

07237_orig_C_0_articolo_394231_i-1.jpg

Now this shade of pink is great. That charity team kills my eyes. (I am waiting for someone to rage about the thread being derailed)

AFC Bournemouth - which I think is rather obvious from my location. :D

I don't, or couldn't, support any other teams. I don't see how you can call yourself a supporter of two teams as it's a loyalty issue.

On the other hand you can follow a second team. I would like to see more games of my local teams such as Poole Town and Wimborne, plus I also check up on the results of Skarp IF (Norway) and Koper (Slovenia) since managing them in FM. There's a big language issue with Skarp of course. I can't speak a word of Norwegian and their website is all in Norwegian. At least I can look Koper up on FIFA.

i also sumtimes watch moneyfields fc cos i know most of there team and i also got a mate that plays for banbury united so i look out 4 them aswell if u can tell me wat league moneyfields r in i will b suprised btw i do no the answer

Wessex Premier off the top of my head, and I didn't look it up. I believe they played Wimborne in the final of the Wessex League Cup last season.

i knew you would come in here and rain on my parade niall

we are anchor tennents and it was brilliant last night

whats the situation with dalymount at the min anyway and did you hear that bohs were selling 3year season tickets

ah god i better head over to the league of ireland thread in the football forum

Archived