Who do you support?

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Manchester United............. Oh and that result against Liverpool is the best thing that could have happened to us, theres nothing like a wounded United side........UNITED TOP OF THE LEAGUE, UNITED UNITED TOP OF THE LEAGUE.........

Manchester United............. Oh and that result against Liverpool is the best thing that could have happened to us, theres nothing like a wounded United side........UNITED TOP OF THE LEAGUE, UNITED UNITED TOP OF THE LEAGUE.........

Oh of course, everybody loves losing 4-1 at home to their most hated rivals. Yeah, you keep telling yourself that was the bes result, I know I will.

Dont get me wrong, we would have rather killed off your tittle hopes today for good, but we've been playing poor the last couple of weeks and struggling for performances......after that result today there will be a few sharp words spoken and i promise that we will not play that badly again this season....today was a good wake up call for us.....rather we had dropped points to someone else but there we go!

The Fat Spanish Waiter will not be Smiling come May........

Dont get me wrong, we would have rather killed off your tittle hopes today for good, but we've been playing poor the last couple of weeks and struggling for performances......after that result today there will be a few sharp words spoken and i promise that we will not play that badly again this season....today was a good wake up call for us.....rather we had dropped points to someone else but there we go!

I still don't think LFC will win the league, but it's so satisfying to get a double over United!

At least you appear to be from Manchester. For that I can forgive your ramblings.

Just seeing Rooney trudge off the pitch at full time (on the telly) looking utterly despondent made me very happy. I wish Sky Sports News had shown Ponciano's reaction. I bet he was crying...no, I hope he was crying.

Of course I don't like Liverpool much more, but I support whoever's playing ManUre. Even Southampton.

At least you appear to be from Manchester. For that I can forgive your ramblings.

Just seeing Rooney trudge off the pitch at full time (on the telly) looking utterly despondent made me very happy. I wish Sky Sports News had shown Ponciano's reaction. I bet he was crying...no, I hope he was crying.

Of course I don't like Liverpool much more, but I support whoever's playing ManUre. Even Southampton.

Yeah, lots of people are jealous of the success Man United have.

Haha Ponciano. He's not that bad ffs. He's much better now since he's had a few season at United. I see Drogba still hasn't changed. I'll bring out my favourite quote about Drogba again;

"Strength of a bull. Pain threshhold of a lamb"

Oh, come on! We've just been hammered 4-1 by our bitterest rivals! I don't need to read this kind of crap from fellow United fans!

Seeking to advance your aims through losing (especially heavily and to a bitter rival) is never the way forward. I prefer a United that is on top form thanks to a run of good results. The best thing that could have happened for us would have been the opposite result. Then we'd have been ten points clear of Liverpool with a game in hand and ten clear of Chelsea without one. That's far better than losing 4-1!

I've always wondered since I first heard that chant on FIFA 2003-why did a team in Manchester adopt an American campfire spiritual turned abolitionist patriot song as the melody for their rallying cry? Is it just a matter of the tune being world-famous and simply picked up? Or is there a history behind it?

It was orginally a spurs chant but since they are no longer the team they used to be, the chant was adopted by man utd fans :)

Also did you know that the "liverpool chant", 'you will never walk alone' was sung by man utd fans at old trafford towards the team back in the 1960s ;) not many people know that :)

I'm a Liverpool supporter (brilliant result today!) but I have soft spots for Barnet, Doncaster, Exeter and AFC Telford all thanks to FM :D

I'm particularly proud of Doncaster, since I took them over on CM4 (when they were in the Conference) and now they're in the Championship. It's been really impressive and quite a ride. I even own a Doncaster shirt and was at Wembley to watch them beat Leeds 1-0 in last year's League One Play-Off Final (although it should be said that I didn't go out of my way to go and watch them at Wembley since I actually live in Liverpool, it just so happened I was down in London on that weekend visiting family, and a few of us decided to go. Was my idea though :D )

Oh, come on! We've just been hammered 4-1 by our bitterest rivals! I don't need to read this kind of crap from fellow United fans!

Seeking to advance your aims through losing (especially heavily and to a bitter rival) is never the way forward. I prefer a United that is on top form thanks to a run of good results. The best thing that could have happened for us would have been the opposite result. Then we'd have been ten points clear of Liverpool with a game in hand and ten clear of Chelsea without one. That's far better than losing 4-1!

I understand your point and its never nice to lose, especially as a man utd fan losing to liverpool (everyone knows and takes the mick out of you because they know they dont get to do it that often :D) but Mike has a point, the team should respond well, the game hasnt really dented our chances much but it may have given hope / 3 points to the liverpool team and fans but that is all, the title is still in our grasp and its our actions that decide where it will be come may. The clean sheets record has gone which now means you should see the free flowing, free scoring beautiful attacking football that forms the tradition of the biggest club in the world, Manchester United.

Support Sunderland because I was born in the North East, Durham to be exact. Half the family support Newcastle, half Sunderland, I opted for Sunderland.

Fairly mediocre times at Sunderland, in a state of limbo really, its just a matter of time before Ricky steps down (may or may not be forced) and Peter *Monkeys heed* Reid returns to take us back to the glory days alongside Sir Niall.

Well heres hoping, and providing Ricky doesnt relegate us in the mean time :)

Yeah, lots of people are jealous of the success Man United have.

I'm not jealous of their success; I just don't like them.

Very few clubs whine like them or the other members of the so-called Big 4 either. They have the biggest squads, the most money and still they whine about the number of matches or international clashes or anything else that most clubs would just get on with.

You also never see ManUre punished for wrong doings (including countless tappings up). But, Luton? Oh they'll get docked 30 points and effectively relegated.

Ok, well I won't go on.

Up the Cherries in all departments!!

Very few clubs whine like them or the other members of the so-called Big 4 either. They have the biggest squads, the most money and still they whine about the number of matches or international clashes or anything else that most clubs would just get on with.

You also never see ManUre punished for wrong doings (including countless tappings up). But, Luton? Oh they'll get docked 30 points and effectively relegated.

Ok, well I won't go on.

I'm a Liverpool fan, and I don't whine about those things. All that bugs me lately is that I have too many fifties for my wallet and my diamond shoes are too tight!

I'm a Liverpool fan, and I don't whine about those things. All that bugs me lately is that I have too many fifties for my wallet and my diamond shoes are too tight!

The only day I have too many fifties in my wallet is on wash-day.

The dryer takes 50 pence pieces.

Oh, and I have to add that I didn't rally mean that the fans whine. It's more the clubs that do. And Ponciano 'arggh my hair' Ronaldo. :D

Ok, well I won't go on.

Yet you hate Man United more than the others? :confused: Luton did not get that deduction for tapping players up. It was still very harsh on them though.

So really you are saying you hate the big teams. Sounds more like jealously to me as they are big teams rather than anything else as big teams will probably get treated differently to others which is natural and is not their fault so is no reason to hate them imo.

Nope, I've hated them since as long as I can remember! That's early 1970's....

Why though? I am a Man United fan but don't hate anyone including Liverpool, Man City and Leeds. I don't see the point of hating another club. Each to their own though.

Hate is a strong word, but I don't like arrogant teams, which is what Man U is.

Winning is winning, but they don't have to rub it into other people's faces so blatently, as though it is their God-given right to success. Sometimes you get the feeling that Fergie (and some Man U players) want everyone to kneel before him and call him God.

And the way they win sometimes (through not so fair means) irks me too.

It is for this reason that I didn't like Chelsea during the Mourinho era too.

"Hate" is a strong word. I can't say there's much in life I truely "hate." But, there is one (1) professional sports organization I strongy dislike. Being American, though, it's not football/soccer, but neither is it (American) football. In baseball, the New York Yankees irk my ire, partly because of the way they seem to beileve championships can be bought, partly the way the media dotes on them when they far from deserve it, and partly on a personal level, due to an "unfortunate" personal encounter with owner/ultra-controlling sugardaddy George Steinbrenner when I was a high schooler.

In football, though, that has translated to a broad, general dislike of the big four, especially Chelsea, just on principle. ManC is trying hard to join that club as well...

The FM player I create to be "me" has 100 dislike toward each of the big four, Rangers, Celtic, Real Madrid, Barcalona, and AC Milan.

"Hate" is a strong word. I can't say there's much in life I truely "hate." But, there is one (1) professional sports organization I strongy dislike. Being American, though, it's not football/soccer, but neither is it (American) football. In baseball, the New York Yankees irk my ire, partly because of the way they seem to beileve championships can be bought, partly the way the media dotes on them when they far from deserve it, and partly on a personal level, due to an "unfortunate" personal encounter with owner/ultra-controlling sugardaddy George Steinbrenner when I was a high schooler.

Ah yes the evil Empire as Red Sox fans call them. You are totally right about the way the media portrays a team that hasn't been to the World Series since 03. They are the only sporting organisation I can't stand and that includes Liverpool, et al.

I'm a Wolves fan, but was introduced to football by my cousin who was a Man Utd fan so initially I was a Utd fan, mu uncle then got hold of me and took me to my first Wolves game v Bury in 96. I still supported Utd alongsidw Wolves until about 5 years ago when my 100% support was for the Wolves. Still look out for Utd but I wouldnt say I support them

Archived