Who do you support?

Yet you hate Man United more than the others? :confused: Luton did not get that deduction for tapping players up. It was still very harsh on them though.

So really you are saying you hate the big teams. Sounds more like jealously to me as they are big teams rather than anything else as big teams will probably get treated differently to others which is natural and is not their fault so is no reason to hate them imo.

Why though? I am a Man United fan but don't hate anyone including Liverpool, Man City and Leeds. I don't see the point of hating another club. Each to their own though.

I rushed this post as I had to go out but what I was trying to say above was this. If Man United or anyone else are treated differently as in they don't get the same punishments as others then I don't see it as a valid reason to dislike them. It is not their fault if they are treated differently but the fault of the FA, referees or whoever else. The reason of the hatred boils down to jealously once more that they are the ones that are considered as being treated differently. That is a natural human trait though so it is to be expected. :)

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a lifelong Hearts fan. And generally I will cheer anyone against Hibs or the Old Firm. Also, some may find this strange, but if Hibs are playing either Rangers or Celtic, I will favour the Edinburgh team even though they're my side's greatest rivals.

OK, so why did Tottenham do it?

I am a Yankee fan but I grew up on a team that developed through the farm system. I do not like our current approach in trying to buy an all-star team. We have proven time and again it doesn't work. I will not so actively support them until they change and do things right.

I hate the Red Sox because they win a couple times and think they can compare to us. Try winning about twenty more times then talk to me. That and they have a legion of bandwagon fans who jumped on so they could claim they saw "their" team break a long championship drought. That and I don't care for Boston in general.

Yet you hate Man United more than the others? :confused: Luton did not get that deduction for tapping players up. It was still very harsh on them though.

So really you are saying you hate the big teams. Sounds more like jealously to me as they are big teams rather than anything else as big teams will probably get treated differently to others which is natural and is not their fault so is no reason to hate them imo.

Why though? I am a Man United fan but don't hate anyone including Liverpool, Man City and Leeds. I don't see the point of hating another club. Each to their own though.

I agree with you, i dont hate any clubs but i dislike one mostly, arsenal, they call themselves an english club and they are in an english league so why have just the one or maybe two english players that play regularly in the first team, im not against players of other nationalities playing in the premier league, in fact they benefit the league greatly but arsenal should join the french league, they used to have more french players than some of the french league teams did, they still have quite a few now. Also why does everyone think that arsenal play the most beautiful football, has anyone seen Man Utd at their best? They play some of the most entertaining football in the premier league but they dont get praise for that, they are just hated due to their success. People hate any team that has a good spell of success, when chelsea dominated the premier league for a few years everyone (ususally neutral people) were supporting Man Utd to knock them off the top now everyone is against them!

Rant over!

OK, so why did Tottenham do it?

I am a Yankee fan but I grew up on a team that developed through the farm system. I do not like our current approach in trying to buy an all-star team. We have proven time and again it doesn't work. I will not so actively support them until they change and do things right.

I hate the Red Sox because they win a couple times and think they can compare to us. Try winning about twenty more times then talk to me. That and they have a legion of bandwagon fans who jumped on so they could claim they saw "their" team break a long championship drought. That and I don't care for Boston in general.

spurs were successful back in the 70s i think (not sure but a while ago) they actually won things other than the odd carling cup. I think if u search on youtube Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspurs it will have the song ;)

I agree with you, i dont hate any clubs but i dislike one mostly, arsenal, they call themselves an english club and they are in an english league so why have just the one or maybe two english players that play regularly in the first team, im not against players of other nationalities playing in the premier league, in fact they benefit the league greatly but arsenal should join the french league, they used to have more french players than some of the french league teams did, they still have quite a few now. Also why does everyone think that arsenal play the most beautiful football, has anyone seen Man Utd at their best? They play some of the most entertaining football in the premier league but they dont get praise for that, they are just hated due to their success. People hate any team that has a good spell of success, when chelsea dominated the premier league for a few years everyone (ususally neutral people) were supporting Man Utd to knock them off the top now everyone is against them!

Rant over!

Wenger believes that nationality should not matter, and that good players are good players.

But there are young English players in their ranks. Aside from Walcott and Wilshire other young stars to look out for are Jay Simpson, Gavin Hoyte, Mark Randall, Kieran Gibbs.

Arsenal do play good football. The difference between them and Man U are that Man U are more clinical, i.e. Man U are efficient in turning their football into results. Therefore we see Man U beating teams by five or six, while Arsenal don't have the same finishing touch. All we do is pass and pass and pass, trying to score the perfect goal. It's hard to find a balance really. Some people don't like seeing Man U 'bullying' smaller teams (by winning 5-0 or 6-0), but Arsenal can't convert their beautiful football into wins. Just look at the number of chances Bendtner missed on Saturday.

I rushed this post as I had to go out but what I was trying to say above was this. If Man United or anyone else are treated differently as in they don't get the same punishments as others then I don't see it as a valid reason to dislike them. It is not their fault if they are treated differently but the fault of the FA, referees or whoever else. The reason of the hatred boils down to jealously once more that they are the ones that are considered as being treated differently. That is a natural human trait though so it is to be expected. :)

The reason why people hate man utd because they get treated differently is because of what rafa attacked sir alex over, and that is the staff of man utd have their own private chats with officials when they come off the field and they are the only ones not punished for it so it just seems a bit dodgy. I agree that people hate other clubs for their success but there are also many other strong reasons, at least for me anyway. I hate man united because i go for liverpool and i think sir alex and players like ronaldo have horrible personalities and are completely full of themselves, i hated chelsea when mourinho was in charge because i think other than playing mind games he is not a very good manager and Arsenal i am sick of for being overated in fm.

I think you are looking into this too deeply. I just can't stand ManUre.

The fact that ManUre seem to get away with every little get-around of the rules is just a part of it.

I just love to hate ManUre.

I was cheering on Inter last week. I'm as English as they come.

Of course, I hate Southampton too, so don't feel too badly done by. :p

I'll consider this a great season if Bournemouth survive League 2 by a point, Southampton get relegated to League 1 and ManUre miss out on their 5 trophies. If Ponciano cries then I'll consider that a bonus. :D

The fact that ManUre seem to get away with every little get-around of the rules is just a part of it.

I'll consider this a great season if Bournemouth survive League 2 by a point, Southampton get relegated to League 1 and ManUre miss out on their 5 trophies. If Ponciano cries then I'll consider that a bonus. :D

How yawnsome.

I want to know who fm players support. I am an Huddersfield Town fan. Who do you support?

Good choice! I also support Huddersfield! Looks like a fair few other people in this thread do as well! Lee Clark's Barmy Army! Also got a soft spot for Sheffield United as my mum was born in Sheffield and supports them. I don't support them as such, but always hope they do well (if only to keep my mum happy)

Been an Arsenal supporter since I was 4, my dad got me one of those Premier League sticker books and Arsenal were the first team, so I assumed they were the best, never noticed it was alphabetical :rolleyes:

In Italy I've always followed Juventus because I liked them on Football Italia on Channel 4, in Spain Barcelona.

The reason why people hate man utd because they get treated differently is because of what rafa attacked sir alex over, and that is the staff of man utd have their own private chats with officials when they come off the field and they are the only ones not punished for it so it just seems a bit dodgy. I agree that people hate other clubs for their success but there are also many other strong reasons, at least for me anyway. I hate man united because i go for liverpool and i think sir alex and players like ronaldo have horrible personalities and are completely full of themselves, i hated chelsea when mourinho was in charge because i think other than playing mind games he is not a very good manager and Arsenal i am sick of for being overated in fm.

So really you just hate your rivals? :p If you hate the players personalities that is completely different. I don't like Ronaldo's personality either but it does not mean I am going to hate Man United because of it. I don't like Drogba's personality either but I don't hate Chelsea because of that.

It is nothing to do with me feeling badly done. It is just that nobody is admitting to the real reason of hating another club although indirectly you actually have with this: "I just love to hate ManUre" :rolleyes:

Been an Arsenal supporter since I was 4, my dad got me one of those Premier League sticker books and Arsenal were the first team, so I assumed they were the best, never noticed it was alphabetical :rolleyes:

Wahay! Pretty much the same way in which I stumbled across Arsenal...:D

I really wonder how many fans Arsenal gets just because they start with 'A'....

Wahay! Pretty much the same way in which I stumbled across Arsenal...:D

I really wonder how many fans Arsenal gets just because they start with 'A'....

I think their official name used to be "The Arsenal" but one of their managers changed it before to just "Arsenal" as they wanted to be one of the first alphabetically. :D

"They dropped the "Woolwich" from their name in April 1914, and although they were officially plain "Arsenal", the press at the time often referred to them as "The Arsenal" at first."

Obviously my sources are wrong. :D I definitely read that somewhere though so it was not my fault. ;)

Anyway these were their names

Dial Square

Royal Arsenal

Woolwich Arsenal

Arsenal

EDIT: Sorry skorp

when the glazers took over man utd they wanted to change the name of the club but the FA wouldnt allow it (thank god! :D)

wonder if this could be implemented in the game for future takeovers. would be funny to see what names come up.

before evryone goes on about legal issues there wont be any because its a game and SI arn't suggesting anything.

So really you just hate your rivals? :p If you hate the players personalities that is completely different. I don't like Ronaldo's personality either but it does not mean I am going to hate Man United because of it. I don't like Drogba's personality either but I don't hate Chelsea because of that.

No, i don't hate Everton. I hate man utd because they get away with little things that other teams do not and ferguson is pretty full of himself. As for Chelsea i said i hated them when mourinho was in charge because that man knows nothing except mind games, besides you only hate Drogba because he gave Vidic what he deserves, a slap in the face! :D

ferguson is pretty full of himself.

Can you really blame him? Look at what he has achieved. He's not that full of himself.

As for Chelsea i said i hated them when mourinho was in charge because that man knows nothing except mind games

And that's just bitter, if I'm honest. Are you saying mind games won him the Champions League with Porto, too? ;)

Ferguson is, and always has been, 100% focused on protecting the interests of himself, his players and the club. In other words, what he's paid to do.

Mourinho knows far more than just mind games. I don't like his football, but he's fantastic at getting results.

No, i don't hate Everton. I hate man utd because they get away with little things that other teams do not and ferguson is pretty full of himself. As for Chelsea i said i hated them when mourinho was in charge because that man knows nothing except mind games, besides you only hate Drogba because he gave Vidic what he deserves, a slap in the face! :D

So it is jealously of success as you hate Chelsea and Man United but don't hate Everton. :rolleyes:

As I said further up if you hate a team that you think gets away with things then that is jealously as well.

Saying that about Mourinho devalues your opinion really. :)

Drogba is a moaner, diver and cheater and I don't like that attitude which is similar to Ronaldo.

As has been asked before, please keep discussion of Real Life Football to the Football Forum. Cheers.

Should this whole thread be moved to the football forum? Because it is mostly a discussion about real life rather than FM

As has been asked before, please keep discussion of Real Life Football to the Football Forum. Cheers.

Ok, sorry again. :D

Isn't this thread just about real life football anyway though as it is asking "Who do you support?" :confused:

Archived