Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

I wish the inverted full-back role had an option beyond just 'defend'. In reality, players like Ben White from Arsenal or Kyle Walker from Man City sometimes help in the buildup by forming a back three but also contribute to the attack through overlapping runs. I seriously hope that the 24.3 major update would consider adding a 'support' duty for the inverted full-back role.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Minor UI suggestion.

When viewing a scout by hovering over the little person icon next to their name, could either the history, plans, or staff roles be substituted for a scout's country knowledge so there isn't 10 clicks to find out if a scout is suitable for an area?

Edited by wazzaflow10

2 things.

#1: Wilson has created 3 CCCs; Fulham have created 1.

image.thumb.png.b921acf2f86264c2856eaef323205e4c.png

Secondly, the roles provided are often too restrictive. Here are some examples of common instructions it's difficult to implement in FM. 

Deep lying forwards who don't hold up the ball. 

Examples: Zola, Raul, Mutu. Your typical 'second striker' 10 who is not a trequartista / free role.

image.png.50ee8ea5757d8010259ef368fa8faba0.png

Target forwards who occasionally dribble.

Examples: Zlatan, Drogba, Crouch.

image.png.12f91a8783fff46beded3b24e0ab92ee.png

Box-to-box CM with without a free role.

Examples: Lampard (under Ranieri), Arturo Vidal, Ballack. I can't think of many box-to-box players who actually do "roam from position". Most stick to central areas and make central runs into the area, often arriving late. 

image.png.fd1c8ae2f244c93de2604f1a84d3abf1.png

Trequartisti who mostly stay central:

Examples: Riquelme, Totti.

image.png.da6ce4c805e3b90ac63fee3e10ed9cd7.png

There are also some that should perhaps have locked instructions like Stoppers and Tight Marking:

image.png.0155dc80d2fcc2641f856b58ec23965b.png

Edited by whatsupdoc

On 04/12/2023 at 18:13, Rashidi said:

This page has data that does not add up, it’s yet another area of the game that SI has slipped up with. It’s showing that I in the last 5 games I have had two assists from my AMC. Great AMCs work if only I were using one, wait I don’t.  I use a 442. So where did those 2 AMC assists come from.? Maybe the workflow on this screen should be improved so that when you change the number of games it recalculates everything, but is a user expected to know this? I don’t know.

So if this data page is inconsistent how can we rely on it being accurate. I do not want to sound negative, but if someone asks if I have submitted a bug report, I might throw a fit. I thought this game was meant to be a finished product. It does seem that FM24 despite a great match engine has a “fix it as we go” feel which makes it an extremely annoying. I might be a mod, but there is a line even I have to draw in the sand.

I've found something similar while tracking passing statistics in the Data Analysis screen prior to exiting a match.  Possession lost/gained doesn't match team-to-team, and long passes from the defensive third that go to a defender can be categorized in three ways (Interception - the defender moves to intercept an on-target pass, counted in passing stats; Unsuccessful - the pass is to a defender, counted in passing stats; Clearance - the ball is kicked away without an attempt to pass to a teammate, not counted in passing stats) that are not necessarily distinguishable from each other.

54 minutos atrás, whatsupdoc disse:

2 things.

#1: Wilson has created 3 CCCs; Fulham have created 1.

image.thumb.png.b921acf2f86264c2856eaef323205e4c.png

Secondly, the roles provided are often too restrictive. Here are some examples of common instructions it's difficult to implement in FM. 

Deep lying forwards who don't hold up the ball. 

Examples: Zola, Raul, Mutu. Your typical 'second striker' 10 who is not a trequartista / free role.

image.png.50ee8ea5757d8010259ef368fa8faba0.png

Target forwards who occasionally dribble.

Examples: Zlatan, Drogba, Crouch.

image.png.12f91a8783fff46beded3b24e0ab92ee.png

Box-to-box CM with without a free role.

Examples: Lampard (under Ranieri), Arturo Vidal, Ballack. I can't think of many box-to-box players who actually do "roam from position". Most stick to central areas and make central runs into the area, often arriving late. 

image.png.fd1c8ae2f244c93de2604f1a84d3abf1.png

Trequartisti who mostly stay central:

Examples: Riquelme, Totti.

image.png.da6ce4c805e3b90ac63fee3e10ed9cd7.png

There are also some that should perhaps have locked instructions like Stoppers and Tight Marking:

image.png.0155dc80d2fcc2641f856b58ec23965b.png

I've noticed these restrictions regarding the roles as well. What I've been doing is choose more general roles (Attacking midfielder, Central midfielder, etc) and change the instructions as I like, but these specific roles usually have other instructions hardcoded that you can't change by using the general roles, and that is the problem. I remember few versions ago the ball-winning midfield with the instruction to get further forward was OP, then they blocked this instruction, but it seems to me that as they fix the roles by blocking instructions so they don't become OP, they also force you to find your way out to get your players to do what you want, which demands time and testing. 

I don't remember what the ME was like back in FM08, because I was younger and didn't play attentiously as I do these days, but since there were no roles, you could literally change everything in the players instructions (Mentality, Closing down, etc). I miss that in a way. 

Edited by Rodrigogc

As I stated on page 68, Ai's intelligence behaves like a real idiot during the match. The players of the opposing team are slow, they do not enter duels, my players overpower them in every duel. Too much has become easy. I'm playing with Valencia for the first season even players with defensive roles are on offense. Before this last update, I tried to improve the defense, to have my players try to be stronger than the AI teams, and now they are overpowering them in every segment.Repair of Ai intelligence during the match is urgently needed. Cutting off the attack, taking the ball away, and a lot of other things show like I'm playing against teams from the third or fourth leagues and not against teams from the Primera League. Best regards.

4 hours ago, krkyseventwo said:

The thing is with Di Maria is that he is closing in on the end of his career and training levels do drop because of age. I don’t think it’s appropriate to call him out for it. You have to choose your battles wisely. 

Yeah, I get that. It's hit and miss with him tbh. I restarted the save to test and the next time I did it, he took the criticism well. It's the interactions themselves I'm complaining about - they're just so unnaturally hostile and weird.

5 hours ago, steve.bs69 said:

Bah not agree 

With My Serie B team Brescia i kicked out of Italy Cup three serie A teams Udinese Genoa and Roma all three after extra Times and especially Roma missed 100 chances

I find it too easy and i'm sure AI made me win, i agree with you it is very bad but for the opposit reason.....

Or, just maybe, you're both wrong.

The game doesn't differentiate between the user and AI teams.

19 hours ago, mpfm said:

I am quite furious right now and i am not sure if it's a bug or if there is something i can do about it. I am playing as Sochaux in France, and halfway through the first half of the season i asked my board to increase the youth intake, seeing as my goal with the save was to use as many homegrown players as possible. They agreed to increase the junior coaching but for the recruitment they wanted me to promise to "give young players first-team opportunities" to at least two players. I figured this would be an easy promise since my whole team is young anyway. Fast forward to the end of the season i and i have cruised to an easy promotion. I have also extensively used young players (i mean 90% of my squad is very young) and even played like the last 5-6 games with mostly youngsters (17 year olds) starting, since i had won the league. The board is very pleased with me and everything and i have a B rating.

After the season is done i am then immediately, without any warning, fired; for "failing to give first-team opportunities to our young players". Absolutely shocking.

There is nowhere in the game to even see this invisible "promise" that i made earlier in the season, all i can i see is a happy board. Also, i have gone way over the promise with using tons of youngsters all season. I also got a fantastic youth-intake with a golden generation, and it is now all down in the drain because "the most complete game ever" can't function properly.

Has anyone experienced this before? Is there anything i can do to avoid my game being ruined? Is this actually a bug? I am fuming. If this means the end of this save i am not gonna bother to pick up this travesty again.

You can probably create a new manager in-game and go back to managing Sochaux, right? I was planning on doing this to replicate Ajax's poor start to the season and was told it would work. I didn't actually end up testing it out though. 

Guys before a match i find it difficult to understand when My player is tired

I mean the heart is always full as if energy of the player is ok, but if you go on the heart with the cursor it tells me the player is tired

Is there any way to understand immediately without having to check every player with the mouse?

Heart full you can see EXCELLENT, but then under EXCELLENT there is STANCO that is TIRED......so????????

1) Is this player in excellent form or is he tired???????

2) Since the heart is always full, (during the match it goes down because players get tired but soon after each match it is always full again even if the player is tired.....) how do i know if he is tired if not checking player by player with the mouse?

20231206_224956.jpg

Edited by steve.bs69

Does club vision have any impact on how non player managers behave? I'm an ipswich fan and board don't want over 30 year olds signed but when I'm not managing them all they do first season is sign 33 year olds or older. Completely at odds with McKenna's signings in real life where I think we've signed one 30 Yr old.

Also there is zero chance we'll be transfer listing Leif Davies this season because he has no long term future with us

So I'm messing around in one save and I'm playing one of the top teams and I see this player ( who I won't name yet ) and I go to check his injury history and his injury proneness

QJHIDNZ.png

What do you think his injury proneness is?

Spoiler

Player is Reece James and he has 5 for it

Edited by LingLing

7 minutes ago, steve.bs69 said:

I think way too much injuries

One of the problem of this ARCADE GAME is that attributes are totally not respected. It is all random

Do you not think football in general is pretty random? Bookies would be out of business if it wasn't

26 minutes ago, steve.bs69 said:

I think way too much injuries

One of the problem of this ARCADE GAME is that attributes are totally not respected. It is all random

Counter-point.  Do you really want the game to strictly stick to the numbers you see as attributes, so players with low injury proneness never get injured, and those with 20 are permacrocks?  What about finishing?  Should those with 20 always score?  

This isn't Top Trumps.  The beauty of the game is in the complexity, and the way that it isn't just "big number is big lololol".

22 minutes ago, Iakovenko said:

I'll believe that when this happens just once in my favour (I've been waiting 15+ years)

1000005166.jpg

It will never happen in your favour because you will be the team smashing the AI as the game is too easy.

19 minutes ago, Dbuk1 said:

It will never happen in your favour because you will be the team smashing the AI as the game is too easy.

Then I'd believe if the game allowed me to see statistics on times the woodwork is hit, times scoring with first shot and times scoring with first shot on target 

1 ora fa, forameuss ha scritto:

Counter-point.  Do you really want the game to strictly stick to the numbers you see as attributes, so players with low injury proneness never get injured, and those with 20 are permacrocks?  What about finishing?  Should those with 20 always score?  

This isn't Top Trumps.  The beauty of the game is in the complexity, and the way that it isn't just "big number is big lololol".

Ok so let's play with all top players in their roles that maybe are crap instead and then i have My Serie B CF Borrelli with 20 goals in 20 matches 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Edited by steve.bs69

Something that really irritates me with the game is when a player is unhappy about playing time and says "I'm really not happy here and I want to leave. If I have to run my contract down, so be it"

There's no option for me to say "fair enough, I'll look to sell you now"

Instead the only option to say youll sell them is "well when you put it like that you leave me little choice but to cash in on you whilst I have the chance. You won't get to the end of your contract"

The player is always unhappy with this despite the end result being what they want which is to leave the club as soon as possible given that they state that running down their contract is clearly not their preferred option.

Why do we have to appear so aggressive in our response and not have a reasonable response to sell them as soon as they want?

1 ora fa, Johnny Ace ha scritto:

Medical Centre - Risk Assessment 

NO it is impossibile to know if a player is tired, or if he misses the match rhythm unless you check with your mouse over each player, there's no other indicator to know it quickly

Am I misunderstanding something here? On my stats panel, under 'CCC' (Clear Cut Chances Created), I have a total of seven chances across all my players. Yet in the final match stats my team has only apparently created four clear cut chances? Either I'm misunderstanding something here or the game isn't collecting data correctly - which is a very big deal on a game which relies so, so heavily on statistics...

Screenshot 2023-12-07 at 14.05.35.jpg

2 hours ago, rjferguson90 said:

Am I misunderstanding something here? On my stats panel, under 'CCC' (Clear Cut Chances Created), I have a total of seven chances across all my players. Yet in the final match stats my team has only apparently created four clear cut chances? Either I'm misunderstanding something here or the game isn't collecting data correctly - which is a very big deal on a game which relies so, so heavily on statistics...

Screenshot 2023-12-07 at 14.05.35.jpg

Think this is a known isue. Same for me anyway

image.png.d200704bb8932cea3de8f47cad3a775e.png

7 hours ago, steve.bs69 said:

NO it is impossibile to know if a player is tired, or if he misses the match rhythm unless you check with your mouse over each player, there's no other indicator to know it quickly

Is it not this you're looking for?

assessment.thumb.png.081df557c0af3efe4d8a5891a902b09c.png

43 minuti fa, Johnny Ace ha scritto:

Is it not this you're looking for?

assessment.thumb.png.081df557c0af3efe4d8a5891a902b09c.png

IT is wrong because it says "fatigue fresh", but if you go with your mouse on the hearts you'll discover that Some players are tired instead

Edited by steve.bs69

47 minutes ago, steve.bs69 said:

IT is wrong because it says "fatigue fresh", but if you go with your mouse on the hearts you'll discover that Some players are tired instead

Fatigue is stricly the heart. If its full its fresh, they cant be tired. What ur referring to is possibly match load (which also shows on that screen) which means a player can be fresh (green heart) but have too many minutes over the past 14 days and therefore hes “worn out”. Thats match load. 

9 hours ago, steve.bs69 said:

Sorry if I'm missing your point but I find the little hearts to be a decent indication of match readiness. If you want something more in depth then the medical centre has all you need.

1 ora fa, tropicsafc ha scritto:

Sorry if I'm missing your point but I find the little hearts to be a decent indication of match readiness. If you want something more in depth then the medical centre has all you need.

You see this one for example?

Is he eccellent or tired (stanco means tired)

And how i know he is tired if not going with My mouse on the heart?

You even can read in the last line "fatica basso" so it is fatigue low and "bassi livelli di stanchezza" so low level of tiredness, BUT just under excellent you can read "stanco", which is tired

So is he with low level of tiredness or tired? Since, as you can see, both are written (there is stanco tired under excellent but even fatigue low and low level of tiredness in the last line)

20231207_110140.jpg

Edited by steve.bs69

I don't understand how so many people are missing what @steve.bs69 is saying. I'll use Moise Kean as an example in my save. Here's how it appears when you hover over the heart icon in the tactics vs. how it appears in the Medical Centre (where you still have to hover over the heart icon to see that he's tired).

I think it should be made more obvious somewhere without having to do this. Before I realized this was something to watch out for, I was probably including players in the first team when I should have been resting them and costing myself games as a result. The heart icon is still green and he'll still be considered 'fresh'.

image.png.49ff10d6a9528fe93c002e91b3da9131.png

image.thumb.png.6ac3e71b124ca6b0722c9bda9b781c0c.png

Edited by tezcatlipoca665

You have not been "costing yourself games" a player at that stage is still at 90%+ condition and this is exactly the reason why SI removed the hard numbers. People got way too focused on only playing players at 100% condition, even though a 90% player is still perfectly fit and can easily play most of the match without having to worry about his condition.

As the medical centre says "Very little fatigue". Yes, he is not at 100%, but he's nowhere near "Holy **** he needed to rest for that game, but I played him and I lost because he was not at 100% condition!!".

Edited by Freakiie

33 minutes ago, steve.bs69 said:

You see this one for example?

Is he eccellent or tired (stanco means tired)

And how i know he is tired if not going with My mouse on the heart?

You even can read in the last line "fatica basso" so it is fatigue low and "bassi livelli di stanchezza" so low level of tiredness, BUT just under excellent you can read "stanco", which is tired

So is he with low level of tiredness or tired? Since, as you can see, both are written (there is stanco tired under excellent but even fatigue low and low level of tiredness in the last line)

20231207_110140.jpg

Puoi anche modificare la schermata per visualizzare differenti valori come la Fatica, il carico di lavoro, etc...
Consideralo in questo modo: è in forma per giocare una partita, ma ha della stanchezza pregressa. Questo vuol dire che durante la partita si stancherà più facilmente.

Comunque hai un ricapitulativo di ogni giocatore nel Centro Medico.

(Sorry guys for having written in Italian)

Edited by Costav

22 minutes ago, tezcatlipoca665 said:

I don't understand how so many people are missing what @steve.bs69 is saying. I'll use Moise Kean as an example in my save. Here's how it appears when you hover over the heart icon in the tactics vs. how it appears in the Medical Centre (where you still have to hover over the heart icon to see that he's tired).

I think it should be made more obvious somewhere without having to do this. Before I realized this was something to watch out for, I was probably including players in the first team when I should have been resting them and costing myself games as a result. The heart icon is still green and he'll still be considered 'fresh'.

image.png.49ff10d6a9528fe93c002e91b3da9131.png

image.thumb.png.6ac3e71b124ca6b0722c9bda9b781c0c.png

He is Excellent Tired Fresh, clear as day. It fits in perfectly with their mental issues they all seem to be having this year as well :D 

50 minuti fa, Freakiie ha scritto:

You have not been "costing yourself games" a player at that stage is still at 90%+ condition and this is exactly the reason why SI removed the hard numbers. People got way too focused on only playing players at 100% condition, even though a 90% player is still perfectly fit and can easily play most of the match without having to worry about his condition.

As the medical centre says "Very little fatigue". Yes, he is not at 100%, but he's nowhere near "Holy **** he needed to rest for that game, but I played him and I lost because he was not at 100% condition!!".

So, tired written under excellent in your opinion means that he is 90% of conditon and he can easily play.....imho tired means tired anyway.......and excellent plus tired cannot stay in the same icon 😉

Let's say is very very bad explained at least and imho should be fixed or rearranged in another way

8 minutes ago, tezcatlipoca665 said:

Okay, that isn't the issue though. I have to retype this because the original post failed, and I don't want to come off as condescending, but I need to make this clear so people understand what's happening:

- steve.bs69 wants to know if there's an easier way to see the 'Tired' status that doesn't involve hovering over the heart icon, most likely as separate section (like in the same way you can see players Position, Nationality, etc.).
- people are telling him that you can find the information easily in the Medical Centre. You can't - not any easier than finding it in the Tactics section anyway. You still have to hover over the heart icon.
- Fatigue is not an indicator of of the 'Tired' status. You can be fatigued and have 'Excellent - Match Fit' as a status, and have the same level of fatigue and be 'Excellent - Tired'. The difference between 'Excellent - Match Fit' and 'Excellent - Tired' is usually a single day of not playing a match.
- The real problem is that the heart icon is both full and green for the 'Peak', 'Excellent - Match Fit' and 'Excellent - Tired' statuses. You can have to hover over them to tell the difference.

The reason this has probably never been considered an issue for SI is because there's already a visible difference between the heart icons for 'Peak', 'Excellent - Match Fit' and 'Excellent - Tired' - they're just so difficult to see that it's causing problems. Here's a close-up of the heart icons. You'll see that they're all a different shade of green.

If there's a way to change those colours so they're more obviously different, that'll probably help steve.bs69 out.

image.png

This is the main issue I have with the hearts and is why I always go back to the percentages (using a custom skin). There needs to be more obvious differentiation between the colours. I shouldn't have to hover over the heart to see the players status - I should be able to quickly look at it and know.

1 ora fa, frank_olaf ha scritto:

This is the main issue I have with the hearts and is why I always go back to the percentages (using a custom skin). There needs to be more obvious differentiation between the colours. I shouldn't have to hover over the heart to see the players status - I should be able to quickly look at it and know.

Which skin are you using please? Thx in advance

What are you guys doing to the game? Seriously>>?

Home games, going easy winning bigtime. Also against strong teams. But when playing away games against relegation teams, they suddenly are elite teams where i have a hard time against to win games!

Now again 2-0 down v Rayo within 13 minutes. -_- 

Edited by f.zaarour

3 hours ago, whatsupdoc said:

Far too much of this: 

image.png.fe33e5022a0ef0455f5d6cc28f6ab89d.png

Especially when the training is very reasonable. I have a GK with 2 for first touch complaining about my training his short game.

Perhaps his touch is that bad his argument is that he cannot do what you are asking him to do, hence the displeasure?  Interactions have been woeful for years anyway, there should be a way to discuss with the player why you want them to work on something in training, how it benefits them and the team etc

Currently having quite a frustrating experience, in that my team have gone from scoring freely to being suddenly incapable Infront of goal.

As you can see I had a pretty free scoring November.

image.png.525119ba1afce002d81dd0ba82dd91fb.png

Now I'm not silly, I realise this is a very OTT run- I've scored 15 goals across 5 games. Not sustainable, fine. But I've suddenly, out of nowhere swung to this...

image.thumb.png.c27efbef9a7363031914a24af88876f7.png

So I've gone from 15 goals in 5 League games to two goals in my last 6, 3 in 7 if you include the Carabao cup game. What makes it more concerning is one of those is a penalty and one is a free kick. So across 7 games I've scored 1 goal from open play!

It seems bizarre to swing from one extreme to another. I get that scoring 3 a game isn't going to go on forever. But over the first 15 games of the season we scored 37 goals, so even in the first 10 games we scored 22 goals so it isn't like that was a totally out there purple patch. We've gone from being one of the best goal scoring teams in the league to the absolute worst for no reason I can fathom.