Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

9 hours ago, Ace27 said:

What is the Argentina issue? Was planning a Velez save.

Please refer to my previous answer of this question. I absolutely would recommend not starting a Velez save unfortunately. The worst part is that SI don't even seem to realise just how much this ruins the experience.

On 11/11/2023 at 13:41, dpt8544 said:

It is actually outrageous how broken the Argentinian league is. And in Miles' statement there is still no clear indication of when this will be fixed. Basically, in Argentina, there are actually two main competitions. First, there is the league, which is 28 teams playing each other once (27 games). The team that ends top of the table wins the League. Then, there is the League Cup (which is much more significant than the league cup in other countries). In the League Cup, teams play 14 games in a group stage (2 groups), and then the the top 4 from each group play in a knockout competition, where the team that wins the final wins the League Cup. Importantly, the places for continental competition in Argentina are actually decided by an aggregate table, which combines the results of the regular League, and the group stage of the League Cup. Currently, this is actually working fine. However, the problem is with how the game is awarding the titles for the competitions. Basically, at the moment, instead of correctly awarding the titles for the 2 competitions (League and League Cup), the game is just taking the team that ends top of the aggregate table and awards the league title to that team, which is completely incorrect. And as for the League Cup, the title just straight up doesn't get awarded to anybody. Basically, even though you will play all of the matches of the League Cup, if you win the final you don't actually win any trophy! It is so unbelievable how broken this is. The entire purpose of this game is to try and win trophies, and yet the trophies are not being awarded correctly. Imagine if this was a more popular league, like the Premier League. Imagine if there was a bug that at the end of each season, the team that finished 2nd were awarded the title. That is the level of broken we are talking. Do you think we would be waiting weeks for a fix if that bug existed? It is once again, in my opinion, an example of the ridiculous UK and European bias that SI has. They have no respect for anyone who might dare to want to play in a league slightly off the beaten path. Not everyone wants to play in England you know.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, flauta kicma said:

I'm thinking of buying the game right now after the new patch. is it worth it?

are players still unlucky for nothing? Are the results unrealistic?

I would hold off for now. Many of the major problems and bugs remain. I still think this will be the best game yet after we get the patches though.

4 hours ago, f.zaarour said:

So i start a Real Madrid save, i still see Vinicius (and others) with a contract untill 2024! And now i cant even get a renewal fixxed for him, as the demands are outrageous. Such small things, why are they not updated? :(

Think they have said they plan to fix his contract issue in one of the future updates. But yeah the sheer amount of issues and bugs is annoying.

2 hours ago, StephenG said:

It's happening recently. Not sure why so I just loan them out to someone else. Possibly a bug?

Raised it as a bug. They replied to say they consider it normal that the likes of AA Genk try to loan a player for a small percentage of his wage and then can't complete the deal due to a lack of funds. I find that inconceivable. 

Am I the only one experiencing like “scripted injuries”?

Have the feeling that if one defender got injured, the next player will be a defender and the same with other positions. In my case I’ve experienced how the two GK were injured the same week, then 3 of my 7 defenders and then 3 of my 4 wingers, like it is following a script where I have always 2-3 injured players but all in the same positions.

Has anybody experience this?

2 hours ago, SRPowah said:

Two apologies in two releases in a row really speaks to the idea that something needs to change. Maybe a release every other year? I recognize and appreciate the increased transparency. A couple years ago, acknowledging an issue publicly would be mind blowing. Sadly, it feels like its just blowing smoke based on this year's release quality compared to what is being said. South Park's "We're Sorry" comes to mind.

The problem is SI and Sega have no motivation to make any changes to the way they operate because an hour after releasing an apology Miles was bragging on twitter about the record number of players this version has had.

Also the games at 85% positive reviews on steam which for an annually released game with nearly 3k reviews on it's about 30th edition is basically unheard of.

Had the communication around the J-League license been better and they'd been up front that certain players weren't available to them and some assets would be late to the party you could probably eliminate 50% of the negative reviews.

This thread is a very, very small cross section of players who are largely motivated to complain in the wider pool of players largely enjoying the game.

Until sales go down and wider reviews hit negative territory SI won't change because the signals the suits care about are all positive.

21 hours ago, kiwityke1983 said:

In short no you can't.

Longer version when this change happened absolutely nobody liked it except Miles as he thinks it's more immersive this way so we are now stuck with it.

Same with the function of having a match timeline and that being removed in the name of "immersion" which literally makes no sense seeing as I have a match timeline on ifollow when I watch every weekend and go back to rewatch passages of play regularly!

Thought so. Well, the interface indeed is almost horrible compared to what it used to be. Would have thought that SI would not limit these kinds of options as every player has their own preferences. 

7 hours ago, SPE3D said:

I think this game suffers from how vast it is. How many different configurations It can be played under and how many different systems it can be played on. Then you add in the user's management styles and different levels of understanding and people convince themselves that things are wrong and in some cases they are but I bet in many it's mostly user issues.

Bingo

11 hours ago, sugarbear0511 said:

Players would dribble forward and then just suddenly stop for no reason and lose the ball, Creative playmakers with high passing and vision would not and could not thread a through pass to save their lives. It's really frustrating

To add to this, players passing the ball wide when there is a clear option in the middle that would give your team a 1v1 against the GK

11 hours ago, themadsheep2001 said:

But id agree its probably slightly too good,

I don't even think it's that. I think 1v1 finishing is fine. I think the problem is long shots and throwing where a player will carry the ball from the corner to the edge of he area in challenged to shoot and score 

4 minutes ago, Riz Remes said:

Everything that has been reported properly to us about the ME with enough examples will be looked at in due time. And yes, one of the trends we have been investigating in past few weeks has been the defensive marking at throw-ins and in the second phase of play from set pieces in general. 

Appreciate the transparency @Riz Remes

I'm sorry, just to seek clarification on another thing; The excessive high scoring games is something that's being looked at too or not?

Appreciate any clarity on that, as you can see widespread posts about this on these forums, reddit etc.

Edited by Micks112

Any chance to speed up the game?

I have a good PC, the time between matchesgoes super fast, same as the match itself.

But I'm thinking more about the response time when the you are going through different tabs, or when you hover cursor over the player to see the attributes... Maybe there is something to speed it up?

17 minutes ago, Micks112 said:

Appreciate the transparency @Riz Remes

I'm sorry, just to seek clarification on another thing; The excessive high scoring games is something that's being looked at too or not?

Appreciate any clarity on that, as you can see widespread posts about this on these forums, reddit etc.

I would imagine if they “fix” throwins and set pieces (second change goals) that alone would bring the goal tally down quite a bit thru the course of a season 

Interesting approach to solving the player revolts over squad depth. They now occur at a club with no money, in the middle of takeover talks, in a disabled first transfer window, who also happen to already have 5 attacking midfielders.

"Sorry lads, we've got no money. I have faith in you lot regardless."

"That's not good enough. Me and 17 others are a combination of let down and hurt, and will now reduce our training performance by 35% across the board. Also, anything you say to us in future, especially during matchdays, will make us disappointed or angry, if we simply aren't interested to start with."

"Good chat."

2 minutes ago, vrig said:

Interesting approach to solving the player revolts over squad depth. They now occur at a club with no money, in the middle of takeover talks, in a disabled first transfer window, who also happen to already have 5 attacking midfielders.

"That's not good enough. Me and 17 others are a combination of let down and hurt, and will now reduce our training performance by 35% across the board. Also, anything you say to us in future, especially during matchdays, will make us disappointed or angry, if we simply aren't interested to start with."

"Good chat."

Lol yes. Unhappy players should stay a thing, but unhappy with a decent reason. The amount of "we're weak at centre back" and "i'm upset this guy has gone" when it's no big issue... is too damn high. 

Especially as it always leads to a 4+ player meltdown where no conversation option can soothe them.

2 hours ago, marionk said:

It's just too easy to score goals. 

You know the game is bad, when your striker has 100 shots in total for the season, manages to get 63 of them on target and scored 39 goals from it. Conversation rate of 39%. Bonkers. Also more than 10 players in the league managed to get a conversation rate of more than 30%. Unplayable for players who want a realistic football game. I beat the champion and runner-up of last season with 6-2 in consecutive games. 

Edited by ccordoba

1 hour ago, Riz Remes said:

Everything that has been reported properly to us about the ME with enough examples will be looked at in due time. And yes, one of the trends we have been investigating in past few weeks has been the defensive marking at throw-ins and in the second phase of play from set pieces in general. 

Yep, both are clear issues and its good to hear they are being looked at.

I don't think it is a surprise that the introduction of a new set piece creator has resulted in odd defensive behaviour from throw-ins and the second phases of corners and free kicks. If these types of cookie-cutter goals were reduced, it may bring the rampant scoring under control somewhat. 

Edited by rdbayly

vor 25 Minuten schrieb ccordoba:

You know the game is bad, when your striker has 100 shots in total for the season, manages to get 63 of them on target and scored 39 goals from it. Conversation rate of 39%. Bonkers. Also more than 10 players in the league managed to get a conversation rate of more than 30%. Unplayable for players who want a realistic football game. I beat the champion and runner-up of last season with 6-2 in consecutive games. 

Be ware! Someone in this thread will point out that Guirassy has a current conversion rate of 42%. (Probably even higher right now, this was 22 Octobre stat. I think its 51% right now: https://footystats.org/players/france/sehrou-guirassy)

On a serious note: Has been reported a lot and will be looked at.

Edited by w3t

2 minutes ago, Kevinho7 said:

I’m hoping that the state of the ME can somewhat return into the end-state of the fm23 one, because that, in my opinion, was near perfect in attacking, defending and transitions. I trust you SI, don’t let us down 🙏🏻

It was actually possible to play a variety of styles and formations and have "success". And I define success as the formation and style playing as you would expect (e.g not seeing 5-2's week in when setting up for a 0-0 point, hoof ball actually being direct etc) not results.

Edited by Domoboy23

Can someone explain why so many High rep Managers got their Tactical style changed to Wing play in FM 24? I am not talking about imported FM 23 save but about new game created in FM 24. 

I've picked a few examples:
Diego Simeone FM23 Vertical Tiki-taka - FM24 Wing Play 
José Mourinho FM 23 Fluid counter-attack - FM24 Wing Play 
Ernesto Valverde FM23 Vertical Tiki-taka - FM24 Wing Play 
Mauricio Pochettino FM23 Gegenpress-FM24 Wing Play 
Xavi FM23 Gegenpress - FM24 Wing Play 
Erik ten Hag FM23 Vertical Tiki-taka - FM24 Wing Play 
Mikel Arteta FM23 Control Possession -FM24 Wing Play 
Carlo Ancelotti FM 23 Tiki-taka - FM24 Wing Play 
Rudi Garcia FM23 Control Possession - FM24 Wing Play 
Brendan Rodgers FM23 Control Possession - FM24 Wing Play 
Gian Piero Gasperini FM23 Gegenpress - FM24 Wing Play 
Unai Emery FM23 Control Possession - FM24 Wing Play

I've also checked top 5 leagues in Europe and so:
Premier League 14/20 plays Wing Play, Ligue 1 13/18, La Liga 18/20!, Bundesliga 11/18, Serie A 13/20. 

There's a second interesting thing I've found, out of 8096 employed Managers in my database 6751 have no Tactical Style at all, in FM 23 only 3 on 7262 employed Managers have no Tactical Style.

Edited by Elder

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Elder:

Can someone explain why so many High rep Managers got their Tactical style changed to Wing play in FM 24? I am not talking about imported FM 23 save but about new game created in FM 24. 

Premier League 14/20 plays WIng Play, Ligue 1 13/18, La Liga 18/20!, Bundesliga 11/18, Serie A 13/20. 

There's a second interesting thing I've found out of 8096 employed Managers in my database 6751 have no Tactical Style at all, in FM 23 only 3 on 7262 employed Managers have no Tactical Style.

That's interesting. From the Bundesliga I would say only 2 Teams maybe maximum 4 actually play a wing play style.

14 minutes ago, w3t said:

Be ware! Someone in this thread will point out that Guirassy has a current conversion rate of 42%. (Probably even higher right now, this was 22 Octobre stat)

On a serious note: Has been reported a lot and will be looked at.

It's not even the biggest problem in any case. The difficulty of the game is way too low and the high conversation rates are just making it more blatant. I found the earlier versions of the game way more challenging. I understand the barrier for new players can't be too high, but did they ever consider different level of difficulties for different kind of players. If not, they should.  I'm anything but a tactical genius, but I feel this game is not for me. I'm pretty sure in the current state that back to back promotions from the lowest to the highest English league is very much achievable, do we really want that?

Edited by ccordoba

Sorry for not doing my work, but have to ask: what is the issue related to throw-ins that have been mentioned here? If you mean bad marking and a lot of chances created from attacking throw-ins then this has been present in the game as far as I can remember.  Already in editions such as FM 2014 or 2015 attacking throw-ins were working so that you would get a free give-and-go from them, which often leads either to a free crossing opportunity or a chance inside the penalty area. This is nothing new for sure. 

9 minutes ago, Elder said:

Premier League 14/20 plays WIng Play, Ligue 1 13/18, La Liga 18/20!, Bundesliga 11/18, Serie A 13/20. 

There's a second interesting thing I've found out of 8096 employed Managers in my database 6751 have no Tactical Style at all, in FM 23 only 3 on 7262 employed Managers have no Tactical Style.

The lack of logic to the changes and the fact that the FM24 value is all the same looks very much like someone has ballsed up a bulk update in the database.

17 minutes ago, Kevinho7 said:

I’m hoping that the state of the ME can somewhat return into the end-state of the fm23 one, because that, in my opinion, was near perfect in attacking, defending and transitions. I trust you SI, don’t let us down 🙏🏻

Meh. The 23 ME was ok but still felt very samey in terms of what you were watching. The 24 ME is miles ahead of it in terms of portraying a realistic football match. It obviously has issues, especially around goals (although I genuinely haven't seen it to the level others obviously have) but in terms of returning to the 23 ME...definitely not. 

47 minutes ago, vrig said:

"Good chat."

After the update my player who was pleased with my progress in solving the defensive midfield squad depth has now gone back to feeling like I could be doing more...I've signed 6 extra defensive mids you absolute melt!

Still impossible to write anything comprehensive as I have only managed to play two competitive matches so far. The first impressions are good though: so far there have been six goals in total and all of them were goals of different kinds, so there seems to be fewer of those repetitive scenarios and much more variety compared to versions 19 and 20, which were the last ones that I have played. And what is even better: I have lost both of my games as Villarreal, so at least the start has been tough for me. Hopefully, I will get sacked at some point, would be the first time ever on FM. 

Edited by El Payaso

One interesting thing I’ve yet to see anyone comment on is player relationships in your team. Several of my players have now got each other as favoured personnel teammates. Some have 4 or 5 other players! It’s a very cool feature and has really got me in to my saves. Really helps bring the idea of club culture and family to the game. It’s great!

14 hours ago, Evgeni Angelov said:

They really need to fix regens assuming UIDs of pre-existing players in the database. I've abandoned my season-long save - which I had the intention of keeping up for a while - because I just can't trust that this isn't going to completely screw the database. Pretty shocking oversight.

I combated this by downloading the Newgen Revolution V5 pack from FM Scout and following the instructions to add the AI faces to replace the regens. But to overwrite the mixed up player ID you gotta add that players new face straight into the cut out facepack (or whatever facepack you use).

The fact I had to do all this though to fix it myself with help from the community shows how lacklustre SI in certain areas of the game. Ridiculous that it hasnt even been addressed yet... 

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, Dadecane said:

I would imagine if they “fix” throwins and set pieces (second change goals) that alone would bring the goal tally down quite a bit thru the course of a season 

This is technically correct yes. Typically improving the defensive AI, such as the marking decisions at throw-ins and in the second phase of set pieces, will lead to decreased scoring overall across a season.

12 hours ago, KeegBCFC said:

A feature that has been stupid in the last couple of years is the Board approaching you when you're doing well with the idea of increasing the wage budget for sports scientists or some other small job. You've just won the league, lets pump that money into the physio's wages!

I got similar with Technical Director wages increase proposal at end of 2nd season with Lyon after finishing 2nd in Ligue 1 and winning the Europa League. Not youth facilities proposal, training facilities or more transfer budget etc. But that.... 

Hi,

I still have big issues with injuries in my newly started save (after the minor update). Is it something wrong with my training, or is everybody having this problem?

And also, is anyone struggling with their teams results or is the game reaaaally easy this year? It is so freaking demotivating to play a game where you feel you can get good results in anyway you play.

9 minutes ago, Eoin Maguire said:

I combated this by downloading the Newgen Revolution V5 pack from FM Scout and following the instructions to add the AI faces to replace the regens. But to overwrite the mixed up player ID you gotta add that players new face straight into the cut out facepack (or whatever facepack you use).

The fact I had to do all this though to fix it myself with help from the community shows how lacklustre SI in certain areas of the game. Ridiculous that it hasnt even been addressed yet... 

Yeah this is bad enough, but I haven't worked out yet if the regens are only taking the UIDs of players that have retired without history retention or not. And if not, how does that impact, say, Manuel Neuer when he retires and a regen gets his ID? How does the game keep his stats/history and will the regen have elements of the old player in their bio?

Someone has reported a bug whereby one of their regens declared for a NT that isn't in their nationalities, is it possible the regen declared for a nation that belonged to the previous player that had the UID? Idk, but it all sounds borked to me...

I've got the feeling that 'Work ball into box' is ignored or not visible enough in the ME. Players keep on playing crosses and performing ridiculous distance shots.

Relevant TI's are standard tempo and shorter passing. Of course Work Ball Into Box is ticked and players cannot be more expressive. No relevant PI's activated and no roles with shoot from distance (e.g. Mezzala) used.

Anyone else share this feeling?

6 minutes ago, Evgeni Angelov said:

Yeah this is bad enough, but I haven't worked out yet if the regens are only taking the UIDs of players that have retired without history retention or not. And if not, how does that impact, say, Manuel Neuer when he retires and a regen gets his ID? How does the game keep his stats/history and will the regen have elements of the old player in their bio?

A 16 year old goalkeeper with history of staying at Bayern his whole life and having won an insane amount of trophies before he's ever kicked a professional ball does sound fun though

So far, three matches in I have felt immersed in the match engine and feel more part of the action. I take it that player attributes are reflected better in the ME (no longer players with 6 Long shots scoring worldies every week). Are players first touch reflected better considering the ball dynamics now. Is there more freedom in the match engine?

On 13/11/2023 at 13:10, saihtam said:

Got that "sweet" player unhappiness thing myself now also.

Accidentally did harsh team talk in end of the match because of misslick in preseason friendly. One influential guy was mad, i said yea sorry as i knew it would be going more crazier if i start fighting, so the promise was added to him to do better and reduce unhappiness in the squad( How the hell can u do it in reality?)

So season started, all going well for our semi-pro club. 5 wins in a row. 2 months has past the "accident". Squad moral is good or higher and yet the guy is telling me i am not keeping up my promise enough to reduce unhappiness. What more can I do to even reduce unhappiness with the minimal interaction we have in the game. Firstly how is he still annoyed and why is there such a promise that in reality can only influenced by winning?

And it happened in final form as I expected. How can this be acceptable player interaction. The bad teamtalk happened with second game Slavija where i accidentaly said you performed wrong as SI HASE CHANGED THE positsion of the good vs bad talk in the list for no good reason. Was quick memory click but all has been going well for now but he is stil unhappy and there is nothing to do.

The unhappines dont even match. I made bad team talk okey, for somereason after saying i will do better it went to reduce number of unhappy players. Now it ended that my teamtalks have been bad.

I Can just feel how my good save will be derailed because of this as he is vice captain.

333.JPG.3c78e7b1d29214bd02b5b4e813975a64.JPG

11.thumb.JPG.0744924cfec1295f5ea30caccad84743.JPG

22.thumb.JPG.88cd2a93ca252179d8f7082f78addcdf.JPG

1 hour ago, kiwityke1983 said:

After the update my player who was pleased with my progress in solving the defensive midfield squad depth has now gone back to feeling like I could be doing more...I've signed 6 extra defensive mids you absolute melt!

Literally the only way to kill it after the mutiny gets underway is to change your tactic into one that doesn't use the position in question. You then get a message saying that the ringleader is no longer unhappy due to recent signings that have been made, despite nothing of the sort having happened.

Forces an unnecessary and often fundamental compromise. Also doesn't work if they decide you need a sixth or seventh goalkeeper, obviously.

Edit: "kill it" was a bit strong actually. All 17 of those players now believe I treated my captain unfairly somehow, and so the crap training and hissyfit reactions carry on.  At this point I'm only really carrying on the save to see what happens next. It is mildly entertaining seeing all of the game's issues occuring at the same time, but I don't think I'll be sticking around too long :lol:

Edited by vrig

I have been highly critical of SI in here, and stand by it. But I want to give kudos that a completely central tactic, such as below, is completely viable in this version. The WCBs and SVs track wide to challenge. In previous entries you'd get destroyed on the wings as nobody would step out wide to close or tackle. Its bringing me actual joy to watch it work so wonderfully well. Kudos on that front guys.

c1cce8f9ae6696372cbcbb23cf1e3ef7.png