Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

is the amount of goals genuinely not shattering some level of immersion

Nope. I'm managing Malaga in the 3rd tier of Spain - we're scoring for fun but we're 1-99 odds-on favourites for the title, with the best team in the division, so its hard to say what the number of goals should be. No-one else is scoring unbelievable numbers.

In L1, only Madrid and Barca are scoring at a better average than 2 goals per game (and then only just). In the Premier League, no-one is exceeding 2 goals per game. There are a couple of high-scoring games each week, but I don't see that as noteworthy.

I think some people are over reacting, yes it is frustrating some things have not been fixed since early access (especially the player complianing about play time that play every week) but overall this year is a massive improvement on FM23 and I'm sure it won't be long until the update is realased addressing the main issues currently being seen 

14 minutes ago, greenz81 said:

mkdons1.thumb.PNG.d1723e225ac2fdabc98ba46d3c5ac6cd.PNGmkdons2.thumb.PNG.4b64f953923fe3190446f54d4773fd66.PNGmkdons3.thumb.PNG.40dc0c98f1fe4f16038f06812b324826.PNGme.thumb.PNG.2b790ce41d4a806f5b474652a5aeb975.PNG

This is my MK Dons save. I'm currently breezing through the leagues. Thought I finally cracked FM.... until i realised the game wasn't how it was meant to be playing. I am a human, i already have a great advantage over the CPU... i dont need it not subbing players correctly, stockpiling youth and not using them. Player interactions still a bit of a guessing game (only time i save scum is before convos or contract negotiations). Im still treating this game like BETA, but it would be nice if someone from SI can clarify what exactly is happening with the current issues, as they seem to be simple fixes. If they are not, then please talk to us.

Just look at the amount of goals scored in those tables. Crazy.

3 horas atrás, angelo994 disse:

Unreal. This cannot surely be true? If so SI have blatantly mislead us and the J-League will in fact never be fully licensed for FM24. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️  
IMG_3410.thumb.jpeg.1351a885567ddc89d3ac0587bf419c49.jpeg

15 horas atrás, stevemc disse:

Apologies if I've missed this on your Socials or something, but is there an ETA on when the Japan licensing will be fully rolled out then, as that was a pretty big selling point and feature for FM24, so presumably it can't be far off if it should have been including for launch today? It's still being adverting on the FM website now too: https://www.footballmanager.com/features

image.png.a1168a4679bf48203dfc0a57c5b40a1a.png

Why this after this markting sale?

6 minutes ago, warlock said:

Nope. I'm managing Malaga in the 3rd tier of Spain - we're scoring for fun but we're 1-99 odds-on favourites for the title, with the best team in the division, so its hard to say what the number of goals should be. No-one else is scoring unbelievable numbers.

In L1, only Madrid and Barca are scoring at a better average than 2 goals per game (and then only just). In the Premier League, no-one is exceeding 2 goals per game. There are a couple of high-scoring games each week, but I don't see that as noteworthy.

Are these being ran on full detail?  (L1 and PL) 

14 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

He could have just left his feedback without quoting me

Apologies if you thought I was personally calling you out - I only quoted you because of the exact phrase you used about a future meltdown. It's always a meltdown, every single year.

1 minute ago, warlock said:

Dunno - it'll be whatever the default on a new save is. I've never changed the detail levels in FM saves, don't know why I'd want to.

That's why then. That means the league is being simulated using the QME - quick match engine.

If on detail level the league were to be selected in ''full'' (as if you were managing in it) the results would be quite something.

That's why if you were managing in D3 for instance and you look at the top scorers over a 38 game season, they might have around 35 goals. But the division below/above which would be using the QME would be around 15. There's always been a big disparity between the QME and the Full ME, but obviously this is exacerbated this year by the 15-20% conversion rate on the full ME.

Edited by Domoboy23

9 minutes ago, greenz81 said:

All the leagues I run are always full detail. Would you like screenshots of the Premier League for the past 2 1/2 seasons?

My comment was directed at Warlock. But thankyou for posting your screenshots anyway. May of seen on the beta thread I did a big spreadsheet. The lower divisions (step 2/3) are even worse than the top leagues! 

Just now, Domoboy23 said:

My comment was directed at Warlock. But thankyou for posting your screenshots anyway. May of seen on the beta thread I did a big spreadsheet. The lower divisions (step 2/3) are even worse than the top leagues! 

Its true, i was looking at the lower league results and they are out of whack. Top leagues do seem normal. I really hope someone from SI can inform us of what is happening at the moment. 

vor 28 Minuten schrieb rdbayly:

I don't say this often, but the game has been released in a state that cannot be taken seriously. I just won the league at Boca without any problems of squad depth at centre back, and then this happens:

image.thumb.png.ed3c588f73910815aeaabca588c69830.png

Morale and managerial supports evaporates on the spot and the entire squad is unhappy at my 'treatment' of Cavani. Performances on the pitch instantly collapse and we get smashed 3-0 out of nowhere.

I spend my entire budget to bring in the best young centre back I can find:

image.thumb.png.d312cc954aff652fe62dd62bad012478.png

Which has no effect on the promise.

Feels like I'm being forced into purchasing the editor to remove nonsense the the developers should have absolutely sorted within the development cycle. Very poor from SI.

This happened in my save too. They told me, the squad was lacking in Goalie depth....

5 games to go. Leading with 15 pts in front. Idiots:p

Edited by Conardo

Just now, warlock said:

But why would I change it to something that's less realistic, then? 

The league you're using is currently full detail. So the player will always be using the ''less realistic'' option.

A lot of people use full detail for other leagues to have it match the users league, and also for realism as the QME just uses a combination of factors for results such as reputation so leagues don't move as much club wise as they do IRL. This isn't usually a huge issue, but due to the full engine amount of goals being so unrealistic, it is.

3 minutes ago, greenz81 said:

Its true, i was looking at the lower league results and they are out of whack. Top leagues do seem normal. I really hope someone from SI can inform us of what is happening at the moment. 

Having played at various levels the goalies in lower leagues are terrible and for some reason after 60 minutes some games just go wild where goals are scored with every shot for either side.

So a game where you were 2-0 up and would probably end 2-0 IRL will end 6-3 for no reason with 7 goals coming in about the last 20 mins.

Doesn't SI have to completely recode the game for Unity? I am REALLY scared for what 2025 version is going to look like. 

I mean they either don't have time or desire to fix long standing issues with the same engine year after year. What happens when you have to move the whole thing to new code???

6 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

Having played at various levels the goalies in lower leagues are terrible and for some reason after 60 minutes some games just go wild where goals are scored with every shot for either side.

So a game where you were 2-0 up and would probably end 2-0 IRL will end 6-3 for no reason with 7 goals coming in about the last 20 mins.

Out of interest, is this worse for teams whose keepers have lower stamina ratings? ie. Keeper with 10 stamina is conceding less than player with 4 stamina?

4 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

Out of interest, is this worse for teams whose keepers have lower stamina ratings? ie. Keeper with 10 stamina is conceding less than player with 4 stamina?

Couldn't tell you for sure.

I think it's a confluence of issues regarding stamina, player motivation, AI tactical changes etc all combining with the fact strikers are very good at finishing this year.

By mid September of 1st season, only a handful of games in, my Liverpool team is entirely reliant on a woeful Vanarama level keeper from my U21 team to play every match. Alisson and Kelleher both broke their arm in the same match, Adrian broke his in training one week later. And that might be funny if it wasn't almost EXACTLY the same issue that made me abandon my 'beta' save and I saw similar reported on here very early. Even funnier, I've had no injuries to outfield players at all in the same time. It's not good enough - others may disagree but that's a proper gamebreaking bug to me.

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, Domoboy23 said:

And this is the issue. The game is a spreadsheet. It doesn't need fancy graphics or flashing lights. If thats what they think they need to attract people, send them to Fifa.

Just concentrate on getting the spreadsheet and basics right.

Anyway back to feedback. Another season another 489 goals scored compared to average and an xG overperformance of +311 in game and a conversion rate average of 15.7%. Clean sheets? Division 180 below the IRL number. Oh and 5 sides in the top 10 scoring over 105 goals. A team in 13th scoring 98 goals.

Hey!

Is there a bug report anywhere where these soaks you're doing can be found? Which detail level are they played in? Which league (or leagues) are you looking at? Have you uploaded any save games for us to investigate?

There's important information and context missing from your posts, which doesn't really help us identify potential issues. Every league has its own goal levels, some closer to real life figures than others. It's really important context to provide so we know what sort of data we're working with here. 

I keep seeing you post about these stats/tests and I've tried searching your profile for anywhere you've posted evidence of these tests for us to investigate, but I can't find anything. Apologies if I'm missing it, but you're really not giving us much information to work with here to help identify any potential problems. Any help is much appreciated!

2 minutes ago, Jack Joyce said:

Hey!

Is there a bug report anywhere where these soaks you're doing can be found? Which detail level are they played in? Which league (or leagues) are you looking at? Have you uploaded any save games for us to investigate?

There's important information and context missing from your posts, which doesn't really help us identify potential issues. Every league has its own goal levels, some closer to real life figures than others. It's really important context to provide so we know what sort of data we're working with here. 

I keep seeing you post about these stats/tests and I've tried searching your profile for anywhere you've posted evidence of these tests for us to investigate, but I can't find anything. Apologies if I'm missing it, but you're really not giving us much information to work with here to help identify any potential problems. Any help is much appreciated!

Nice chippy response as per......there is clearly an issue with too many goals being scored and it's being reported by multiple....multiple users and not just the poster here, I've seen loads of evidence produced

Looking at my holiday save, where I do run most top leagues in full detail, total goal numbers might be a bit higher than RL (partially due to lots of added time supposedly), but overall I don't see anything too crazy.

Well Villa won the PL, that is crazy, but that wasn't the issue here right? :lol:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.fd41e3d434a8affbdbd772b67c0644a2.png

In Spain Barcelona went pretty nuts, but nothing crazy considering how dominant Barca and Real have been at times. 104 points might be a league record though?

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.7219ac7d2b00a8080c81bfaa92b9f1a9.png

Bayern in a pretty dominant season only scoring 82 goals and nobody else hit 70 in Germany.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.8f2e5c95f37808b3267c6db509db6ab4.png

Italy looks like a pretty high scoring season, but I wouldn't say it's completely out of the ordinary, especially if you compare it with the 19/20 and 20/21 seasons.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.d5faad89c1bbd396c994b2a77b984349.png

PSG dominated France, no surprise there, but a massive drop off after their 94 goals.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.08eebe6de55d49057b0921a8a9d2e9bd.png

In the Netherlands the top 4 scores quite a bit, but after them there is a massive drop off. (Groningen got a Consortium takeover, but it must've pumped in some cash as well. :D)

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.44125c973ced74f1ba6a9ae6a9db7a91.png

And finally Portugal sees a rampant top 3, which does look a bit iffy, although 100+ goals have happened before as well.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.e13b306ced7693539907770686b6ae50.png

After 5 years I've got a job offer from Napoli, switched a couple staff members from my club (River) before accepting and once I swapped jobs, I soon realized the staffs I could move never came, it was not like the club was waiting for confirmation, they were free agents.

And when I checked for my ex assman (luis nascimiento) on his transfer history he managed river for just one year (2023-2024). It genuinely ruined the joy of the save for me because i already had an empty staff backroom, and not only I needed to fill the spots, I had to re-sign all the members that should've been with me from the beginning

2 minutes ago, Jack Joyce said:

Hey!

@Jack JoyceNow you're here, can you give us any feedback with regards to the subs issues, youth player stockpiling and not being played, GK injuries still a bit too aggressive and player interactions still unpredictable? Have they been under review for the past few weeks and no break-through? These were the most common bugs i was noticing and also seeing posted on the forums but noone was informed that it wasnt going to be fixed for the release.

This is Italy in my save... All on full detail.. Not noticing a high amount of goals tbh... Certainly not like in some years IRL...

And below is the IRL table for 20/21 season which shows that high amount of goals can certainly happen IRL...

image.thumb.png.550aa1bc40bb4b1d2b76eadc4fd69554.png

image.png.024d7eb62274cfe27f8b2c3f133c3c32.pngimage.png.024d7eb62274cfe27f8b2c3f133c3c32.png

12 minutes ago, Jack Joyce said:

Hey!

Hi @Jack Joyce

I've posted in the relevant bug thread since early access came out. "Amount of goals" with no reply to several examples posted and staying if you require saves or additional context or information you can have them. 

This is the last post I put in there back in early access for ease. There is a load of other posts exploring clean sheets, and conversion rates such as 1st place from IRL wouldn't even get to to 17th position on FM in the Championship.

I am in the process of running yet another test with similar results (so the 3rd set of sims) and you're more than welcome to have the file/s.

image.thumb.png.08b9a081427cdf72f0dcd38979cb8a96.png 

image.png.94cf64560869769d2e38d1b5853d51ad.png

image.png.b1b2cc3c9ecfefd90f88af67f366da7b.png

image.png.a4a077962ed4f7f6d874208aba400ae0.png

Edited by Domoboy23

5 minutes ago, Jack Joyce said:

as per? :D You're entitled to believe what you like, but I've tried my best to be very active on these forums answering questions both publicly and via DMs (outside of working hours!) and believe I've been nothing but polite and cordial. I understand you're not happy, but being rude doesn't help anyone and can just push people away from engaging on here.

As I said, if you have links to threads where detailed info can be found, please do send it my way so we can investigate.

2 posts down.

• SI Staff
3 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

Hi @Jack Joyce

I've posted in the relevant bug thread since early access came out. "Amount of goals" with no reply to several examples posted and staying if you require saves or additional context or information you can have them. 

This is the last post I put in there back in early access for ease. There is a load of other posts exploring clean sheets, and conversion rates such as 1st place from IRL wouldn't even get to to 17th position on FM in the Championship.

I am in the process of running yet another test with similar results (so the 3rd set of sims) and you're more than welcome to have the file/s.

image.thumb.png.08b9a081427cdf72f0dcd38979cb8a96.png 

image.png.94cf64560869769d2e38d1b5853d51ad.png

image.png.b1b2cc3c9ecfefd90f88af67f366da7b.png

image.png.a4a077962ed4f7f6d874208aba400ae0.png

Thanks I'll have a dig through, I think QA have already been looking but more eyes can't hurt.

32 minutes ago, Sport Lacost said:

What is this issue? Haven't seen anything about this.

Transfer History -> Staff is broken and doesn't show anything, for any season, for any club. So you can't see any team's staff movement.

1 hour ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

This is a bug that was reported that leads to players getting 20 determination in some instances.

It's not just determination that has a bug with the welcoming period

from fm23 save of Bath with Tom Smith as model citizen. I had him doing all introductions. Now most of my squad are Model Citizens after importing to FM24. I think it may only affect players transferred under fm23 and converted to fm24. Haven't seen the player transferred under fm24 have the same effect. yet*

image.thumb.png.91fb8d1da6b72c1aaf63e3e2b879d187.png

Just don't turn the ME into another snooze fest like FM 23 just for the sake of having the GPG same ar IRL..

I already provided evidence that not all saves have high amount of goals and i certainly believe that lower league AI managers are set too attacking , that's why the GPG are off the charts there.

IRL teams are already more cautios than in FM...

4 minutes ago, Jack Joyce said:

Thanks I'll have a dig through, I think QA have already been looking but more eyes can't hurt.

No problem.

I think the interesting bit for me is obviously the overall conversion rate is higher than FM23 and IRL (FM has always been higher I believe) but it's evident Italy is very close to the norm and the Bundesliga is the only one that underperforms in terms of GPG (I have done a sim with 5 new countries and leagues on top of that list). It appears that the Bundesliga on FM (and IRL) there are a lot less shots taken compared to other leagues which I wasn't expecting and very interested into how this is done in FM. E.g is it tactical etc or something else.

Without the Bundesliga, it looks like a conversion adjustment even by 2% would be significant. But understand this requires more digging and might not be as simple.

Edited by Domoboy23

3 minutes ago, Jack Joyce said:

Absolutely!

• GK injuries - we're working on some tweaks to reduce them down a bit. Just for GKs, the overall injury balance is looking good. 
  • Subs - I know the team are working on this one as well, but anything to do with team selection such as rotation, subs etc. takes a hell of a lot of fine-tuning, balancing etc. I know it's painful sometimes waiting for improvements but the more time we get the better changes we can make. Rushing these things can often make things worse and we've really tried to move away from these rushed fishes with the match engine in recent years.
  • Rotation - Similar to subs, the team are working on it and there's a bunch of improvements in the works.

Fixes are coming and apologies for the wait, but all the feedback has really been invaluable so keep it coming please with save games and PKM examples.

Well if you need any extra beta testers, I surely have the time (flying out to Barcelona on Thursday for 2 weeks, so have all the time in the world)

5 minutes ago, Mitza said:

Transfer History -> Staff is broken and doesn't show anything, for any season, for any club. So you can't see any team's staff movement.

I think more info is required to elaborate your view its broken.  1. Is this an FM23 save or not? 2. Are you saying if non-player staff transfer from team a to team b that the non-player staff history is not reflecting the staff member being at both teams? Needs more info / screenshots etc

Edited by MrPompey

3 minutes ago, Jack Joyce said:

Absolutely!

• GK injuries - we're working on some tweaks to reduce them down a bit. Just for GKs, the overall injury balance is looking good. 
  • Subs - I know the team are working on this one as well, but anything to do with team selection such as rotation, subs etc. takes a hell of a lot of fine-tuning, balancing etc. I know it's painful sometimes waiting for improvements but the more time we get the better changes we can make. Rushing these things can often make things worse and we've really tried to move away from these rushed fishes with the match engine in recent years.
  • Rotation - Similar to subs, the team are working on it and there's a bunch of improvements in the works.

Fixes are coming and apologies for the wait, but all the feedback has really been invaluable so keep it coming please with save games and PKM examples.

Genuine question, but do you all release features list before they are implemented into the game?

It's also worth noting that IRL teams are using tactics that are not available in game... I see lots of 4-1-4-1's ( YES FLAT 4-1-4-1, not 4-3-3 like in game ) 5-4-1 flat... 4-5-1 flat...

Very negative formations that have simply been removed from the game... If those are added, the GPG could be even lower

14 hours ago, Haldirize said:

Does anyone else have a problem regarding the pre-game editor ?  I installed both the game and the editor on the same drive but everytime I try to open it I get the error as shown in the attachment. I tried re-installing, updating GPU drivers etc. but nothing seems to work.  It is the same with the resoursce archiver. The game runs fine, but I can't seem to fix the pre-game editor.

Screenshot_1.png

If you are using Any skins delete them, and delete any data in the Roaming/SportsInteractive folder.  Restart the game, if you still get the crash do a file integrity check thru steam.