FM24 Early Access Official Feedback Thread

10 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I really wish SI would bump up injuries to be more in line with real life. 

I've got a lot of my fringe players kicking off over game time because hardly any of my starting XI ever get injured. 

I'm in season 3 in game, and for the entirety of season two, I had a total of 12 injuries, only one of which was more than a month. 

I've no idea why they don't make this part of the game closer to reality. 

Please SI listen to this for the next game, make it an option if you must but its something that really takes away from the realism and immersion

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Platinum said:

Please SI listen to this for the next game, make it an option if you must but its something that really takes away from the realism and immersion

Quite. 

Look at this - I'm in February in game, and here is my injury history for this season in date order with the most recent first. As you can see, hardly any, and only TWO players injured since September, and both of those were only for a few days each. It's ridiculous

image.thumb.png.adba7ae40ca6745b38aac6de96a91958.png

6 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Quite. 

Look at this - I'm in February in game, and here is my injury history for this season in date order with the most recent first. As you can see, hardly any, and only TWO players injured since September, and both of those were only for a few days each. It's ridiculous

image.thumb.png.adba7ae40ca6745b38aac6de96a91958.png

probably going to jinx this now but FM24 has the lowest amount of injuries i've ever seen in FM (except GK) - at least in my saves.

Edited by StephenG

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Mars_Blackmon:

I agree with your point. In my league, I haven't encountered any major injuries to goalkeepers so far. I believe people are not accustomed to seeing goalkeepers getting injured, hence they suspect it to be a bug. While I have had some injuries to my goalkeepers, none of them were severe or frequent enough to suggest a bug in the game.

seimen.PNG

2 hours ago, StephenG said:

probably going to jinx this now but FM24 has the lowest amount of injuries i've ever seen in FM (except GK) - at least in my saves.

Same here - in my 4th season and have had a startling lack of injuries. Mind you, I have a lighter training programme than I've used in the past.

5 hours ago, w3t said:

seimen.PNG

So the root cause for the GK injuries seems like: the improved ball psychics made the ball so heavy, that it often brakes the hand of the goalies. Or the UI is bugged and not showing the correct i formation. Not sure which is worse.

:larry:

Don't get me wrong, I would be happy to have 4 GK on roster just to have this match engine, still worth it.

12 hours ago, Domoboy23 said:

Has anyone managed any Spanish B teams this year yet? Interested to see if managing them has been made easier

My first ever experience with FM, about 5 yrs ago, was with Las Palmas B. My god I almost tore my hair off, what pain of an experience. I dont know how the game got me hooked lol. 

to answer your question; havnt managed a B side since then lol

6 minutes ago, Dadecane said:

My first ever experience with FM, about 5 yrs ago, was with Las Palmas B. My god I almost tore my hair off, what pain of an experience. I dont know how the game got me hooked lol. 

to answer your question; havnt managed a B side since then lol

B team system is still very flawed, probably the most broken part of the game. Last time I wrote SI about it (bout 3 years now?) they said it's acknowledged and it's in plans for a rework. I refrain from managing in Spain or Germany just because of it

Please release the pre-release patched up today.... Would love a weekend of FM before i disappear into the arms of my international lover!!! I will give a weekly update on my MK Dons save (two straight promotions into the champtionship, with the likes of Dele Ali and Jesse Lingard on my books!!!)

Also would also help me with the outragous demands my players are wanting now (GK from £3.3k to wanting £20k, highest on my books is Ali with £8k)

Love you SI!!

11 hours ago, KeegBCFC said:

Why is this still a "highlight" on Comprehensive? Happens 3 or 4 times per game, truly ridiculous

This is the biggest issue w the game today for me. Seeing this 7 times a game is absurd. 

yes, biggest issue. 

i am having 0 injury bug

0 communication bugs

0 AI squad building/subs bugs. 

not sure what game people are playing honestly, fm24 is def the best version yet. 

5 minutes ago, Dadecane said:

This is the biggest issue w the game today for me. Seeing this 7 times a game is absurd. 

yes, biggest issue. 

i am having 0 injury bug

0 communication bugs

0 AI squad building/subs bugs. 

not sure what game people are playing honestly, fm24 is def the best version yet. 

I've had keeper injuries, mid-game only twice in 2 seasons... but is defo noticable (considering i dont play with a keeper on the bench!!!)

Players are more sensitive than last years, but are calming down a bit, as i think they are used to my tempremant. Only thng im not liking is the contacts (players wanting from £3.3k to £20k, after being promoted to Championship, when my highest paid is Ali with £8k and he not complaining!!)

Edited by greenz81

image.png.425b95a91b4216875731dfc654dd4543.png

3-0 up at home to Arsenal and it does this to me! The box itself even crashed so I can't send it in! Cheers SI :applause:

I'll give it one last try, 3rd time v Arsenal and if it does this again I'll give up and start a new game.

Edited by Mst82

9 minutes ago, Meraklija Vujevic said:

Lack of decent set piece coaches is not normal.

Match engine is disaster nothing improved.

Defending is nightmare and most of player roles are not working at all.

Ice hockey results are realy shame to see!

I know... FM23 was a disaster :)

• SI Staff
25 minutes ago, Mst82 said:

3-0 up at home to Arsenal and it does this to me! The box itself even crashed so I can't send it in! Cheers SI :applause:

I'll give it one last try, 3rd time v Arsenal and if it does this again I'll give up and start a new game.

Hello, can you please create a post on our Crash & Technical thread, providing your save file and your latest crash dump, thank you.

https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2024-early-access-bugs-tracker/crash-technical-and-performance-issues/

One "issue" I'm having with the ME is that players tend to ignore passing options in the middle and go wide. I've see numerous occasions where one of my midfielders have the ball and the striker is free in space and rather than playing the ball through to the striker in space to put him 1v1 with the GK they go wide instead. 

On 02/11/2023 at 07:01, Novem9 said:

FM is a niche product for geeks who play Excel spreadsheets. The sooner SI remembers this obvious fact, the easier it will be. The vicious cycle of adding new features just to justify another calendar year must be stopped. Tactics, transfers, youth development, interaction and interface are the pillars of this game.

Everything else is tinsel. If you add a feature that has no intended consequences, then this is not interaction, but a waste of time for both the developer and the player

I hate spreadsheets 😂. I’m a football fan. I want to create the beautiful game on my iPad. I want to see what Pep has been doing for years on a computer game which should allow creativity to flourish. I think sales ( inc mobile/ console) are through the roof - less and less niche every year.

it’s tough for SI as we probably represent the two ends of the spectrum - you can’t please all the people etc.

FM is popular because football is sports king of the world. I think SI should remember that, you do well because football is so popular. And football (as said above) can be beautiful. I’d like to think FM can be too. Certainly not just spreadsheets 

9 minutes ago, DarJ said:

One "issue" I'm having with the ME is that players tend to ignore passing options in the middle and go wide. I've see numerous occasions where one of my midfielders have the ball and the striker is free in space and rather than playing the ball through to the striker in space to put him 1v1 with the GK they go wide instead. 

I can't comment too much on how many times this has happened in my save - but one specific incident stands out that I remember which matches this.

There was a very clear, open through ball on to the striker but my midfielder also passed it wide - the wide player then played the forward in and it led to a goal thankfully but I remember being perplexed during the replay as to why the first man didn't play the through ball.

1 minute ago, jayedson said:

I can't comment too much on how many times this has happened in my save - but one specific incident stands out that I remember which matches this.

There was a very clear, open through ball on to the striker but my midfielder also passed it wide - the wide player then played the forward in and it led to a goal thankfully but I remember being perplexed during the replay as to why the first man didn't play the through ball.

I'll start collecting clips and when I have enough I'll open a bug thread.

The frustrating thing about it is that the striker is in eyesight of the player on the ball so he should be able to see the space 

2 minutes ago, DarJ said:

I'll start collecting clips and when I have enough I'll open a bug thread.

The frustrating thing about it is that the striker is in eyesight of the player on the ball so he should be able to see the space 

In this particular transition, I was on the counter so flooding men forward, the through ball was very much on! I do have 'shorter passing' on which could be used as an argument as to why this happened but I also have 'counter' selected and regardless the wide man eventually played a more direct, longer through ball.

The earlier ball was wide open though and a much clearer option than the later through ball played in, luckily my striker curved his run (nice part of the new ME) and stayed onside when the through ball eventually came to him.

1 hour ago, Meraklija Vujevic said:

Lack of decent set piece coaches is not normal.

Match engine is disaster nothing improved.

Defending is nightmare and most of player roles are not working at all.

Ice hockey results are realy shame to see!

Your last point is fair but the rest is cobblers. Lack of set piece coaches is most likely very normal- this is a fairly new development in the real world of football.

34 минуты назад, SimonHoddle сказал:

I hate spreadsheets 😂. I’m a football fan. I want to create the beautiful game on my iPad. I want to see what Pep has been doing for years on a computer game which should allow creativity to flourish. I think sales ( inc mobile/ console) are through the roof - less and less niche every year.

it’s tough for SI as we probably represent the two ends of the spectrum - you can’t please all the people etc.

FM is popular because football is sports king of the world. I think SI should remember that, you do well because football is so popular. And football (as said above) can be beautiful. I’d like to think FM can be too. Certainly not just spreadsheets 

You took the phrase about spreadsheets  too seriously :) It’s just that FM, roughly speaking, is a spreadsheet with an interface, graphics and all that on it. 

My whole point was that classic marketing in the spirit of AAA blockbusters is not very suitable for FM. All these “ten new features” and other enticements are hardly needed. Especially when they all come out unfinished and independent from other blocks of the game.

As an example, FM has relationships with other managers. Do it affects anything? Even the questions at the press conference are out of place. I have an adversarial relationship with the manager, but there are no mind games before matches. There are friendly relations with another, but before our match there are strange provocations. There are dozens of such examples, not just press conferences.

It would be better to find a balance when, after promotion to a new league, my defender asks to give him a salary 6 times higher than the current one. But he does poor atributes, not even on the level of the league, and my club has 40 million euros of debt. This issue is many years old, like the others

Keep in mind that I've not played very much of FM24 at all, but I have to say my first impressions of the match engine are extremely positive. 

I know that this is just a feeling and not supported by any solid evidence but I did sometimes feel in prior versions that the engine was quite repetitive. That's not to say that tactics had no impact on results, but rather that the goals I would score or concede from sort of felt quite similar no matter what tactic I employed. The most obvious to me was the fact that a huge number of the goals I conceded seemed to be a result of a winger rinsing my full-back and then crossing from the touchline to a striker who would head in. 

This year there seems to be a LOT more variety, and I'm really enjoying it. In the matches where I've gone for a gegenpressing approach, I've been far more vulnerable to being played through in the centre of the pitch. Meanwhile, when I instead try to play a more tight, patient, possession-oriented game, opponents will more frequently look to exploit the wide areas. This is great because it massively adds to the realism, and gives a much better sense of the risk-reward nature of each way of playing. 

I don't really have much else to add at this point but the match engine improvements are definitely something that have stood out to me so far. 

Oh sorry, one other thing I'd like to quickly mention; I also feel that I'm being given a fair bit more during matches that helps me to spot tactical issues than in prior versions of the game. 

Obviously, you had the post-match reports feature added in FM23 (?) which I think was really great. I'm now actually starting to see visuals of average positions and pass maps show-up mid-game, and this has been extremely handy for me when it comes to quickly identifying tactical issues and coming up with potential fixes. 

I understand that it has been possible to see this information during a match in prior versions, but as a somewhat more casual player I do really appreciate that SI have made it more readily available this year. Improved feedback from assistant managers and coaches was something I'd been hoping for for a while, so it's nice to see it come to fruition.

8 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

Same here - in my 4th season and have had a startling lack of injuries. Mind you, I have a lighter training programme than I've used in the past.

Would love to know you guys' secrets. Currently playing with Man Utd and have had long-term injuries to Dalot, Martinez and Reguilon (had to terminate the loan :() during pre-season in addition to the existing injury to Malacia. 

Has left me extremely light in the full back department - rather like real life! 

Edited by MINTED BLOB

Are your teams ignoring low cross instructions?

FM22: low crosses + work ball into box. My WB(a) one of the best league assistants by these TI.

FM24: WB(a): "I prefer old school, mate. LONG CROSS!"

smoking monkey Meme Generator - Imgflip

p.s. topic raised

Edited by Novem9

15 hours ago, azymin said:

Board approved 4.5mil training facility upgrade but won't let me have another coach...they're still approving raises in wages.

Kind of wondering when the staff numbers issues will get fixed.

In FM23 I had 200mil in the bank but the board would never let me increase coach numbers.

My personal favorite of this is the Man Utd board unhappy at how many scouts you have when the game starts and won't approve more so you slowly lose scouts as they retire. 

I have no idea why it wouldn't let you keep the same number of scouts the real life board approves.

3 hours ago, Mst82 said:

Its your tactics, mate. (/s in case it's not obvious)

Is there gonna be anything new when full release happens compared to early access because I’m looking to start a bradford save? Currently I’m doing a Leicester save. Don’t want to start my bradford save only find out something in full release only works with new saves. 

On 02/11/2023 at 13:05, fc.cadoni said:

In my save, 2026 list three nations. Next one (2030), host is Türkiye. Not sure how I can check which those three nations are (assume is USA, Canada, Mexico). Isn't hard-coded for 2026?

Screenshot_1.thumb.png.17601d6488b6295604b4f1ba95c738b0.png

This sounds like a bug, a quick google search says that on June 23, 2023, FIFA confirmed that the United States will host the 2025 tournament as a prelude to the 2026 FIFA World Cup

33 minutes ago, Wizard boy said:

Is there gonna be anything new when full release happens compared to early access because I’m looking to start a bradford save? Currently I’m doing a Leicester save. Don’t want to start my bradford save only find out something in full release only works with new saves. 

Likely that there will be ME changes but if you start a save before this your save going forwards will pick up any ME changes. All you will likely miss is some key data changes that may have happened in the real word that got included in the final release version. As I mentioned earlier I wouldn't stress over this since the minute you start your game it diverges from real life anyway

2 hours ago, Novem9 said:

You took the phrase about spreadsheets  too seriously :) It’s just that FM, roughly speaking, is a spreadsheet with an interface, graphics and all that on it. 

My whole point was that classic marketing in the spirit of AAA blockbusters is not very suitable for FM. All these “ten new features” and other enticements are hardly needed. Especially when they all come out unfinished and independent from other blocks of the game.

As an example, FM has relationships with other managers. Do it affects anything? Even the questions at the press conference are out of place. I have an adversarial relationship with the manager, but there are no mind games before matches. There are friendly relations with another, but before our match there are strange provocations. There are dozens of such examples, not just press conferences.

It would be better to find a balance when, after promotion to a new league, my defender asks to give him a salary 6 times higher than the current one. But he does poor atributes, not even on the level of the league, and my club has 40 million euros of debt. This issue is many years old, like the others

Haha. Got ya! I still hate spreadsheets though!

I see what you’re saying. I don’t really disagree with anything. But what you’re asking for is a reboot - which is relatively imminent. 

the problem is that there are so many different facets to being a football manager and it’s basically a 24/7 job. It can’t really be condensed without massive compromise. So they try to give a flavour of everything but with annual releases can’t give each facet the time it deserves. 

in the short term I just wish the ME and graphics were world class. Tactic’s realistic and training effective and believable. 

I think we’re off topic so I’ll shut up. 

2 hours ago, MINTED BLOB said:

Would love to know you guys' secrets. Currently playing with Man Utd and have had long-term injuries to Dalot, Martinez and Reguilon (had to terminate the loan :() during pre-season in addition to the existing injury to Malacia. 

Has left me extremely light in the full back department - rather like real life! 

Rotate your players with rest and recover sessions like others have mentioned 

3 minutes ago, whatsupdoc said:

Way too many mistakes playing out leading to goals.

I don't think that's an issue. You only see it as an issue because you're watching highlights and that's what it shows you. I'm pretty sure if a real match was given to you in highlights and you watch 10 of them back to back you will see something similar 

2 hours ago, MINTED BLOB said:

Recovery sessions and also reduce the training intensity when at low condition here:

FM23 Training Schedules: Best Football Manager 2023 Training Guide

Change the first Normal Intensity to Half Intensity and change the last Normal Intensity to Double Intensity

I noticed something that happens in many matches. There is a moment in the second half when there are no shots. I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but even though we change the team tactically, NOTHING happens. There are minutes and more minutes of a match with only excessive passing

57 minutes ago, diLLa88 said:

Recovery sessions and also reduce the training intensity when at low condition here:

FM23 Training Schedules: Best Football Manager 2023 Training Guide

Change the first Normal Intensity to Half Intensity and change the last Normal Intensity to Double Intensity

I have 'no pitch or gym work' up to normal intensity. They get it through other training programmes anyway.

3 hours ago, MINTED BLOB said:

Make sure you have the right columns in your selection screen:

image.thumb.png.e4092e1eb3978bde50d201fe7c0a922f.png