Winter Patch Speculation Thread

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, mick1 said:

No update yet ?

The update will be set live as soon as it's ready to go and only when it is ready. I am positive that work is ongoing and the patience of the community is greatly appreciated :thup:

7 minutos atrás, Fenech disse:

The update will be set live as soon as it's ready to go and only when it is ready. I am positive that work is ongoing and the patience of the community is greatly appreciated :thup:

peace and love my friend , but the way they take it is not correct.

Wish they'd hurry up, fed up watching the highlights as if I've got a dodgy stream off the Internet, also watching my forward with 15 for strength losing the ball in every challenge. Don't get me started on the goals from corners or the weird looping deflection to the keeper. 

42 minutes ago, Fenech said:

This is a speculation thread...... 

52 minutes ago, Fenech said:

:ackter:

Edited by Domoboy23

11 horas atrás, Maviarab disse:

This.  I think a lot of people are missing the fact that a quarter of a year into the games life-cycle, it is still not fully playable (though that may be subjective depending on person and play style).  That is just completely and utterly unacceptable.  If the game had a 2 year life-cycle then fair enough, but it doesn't, and this happens every...single...year....

I'm sure you must get paid by SI for some of the drivel you come out with on here.  I've personally not bought the game since FM'18 before this years version....and won't be again any time soon until they finally sort out all the crap that needs sorting out.  People are capable of standing by what they say you know and now more than ever people do vote with their wallet for they perceive as a sub par product for something they don't need, especially in these current trying financial times.  More companies would de well to heed that.

Aka people who don't know **** about the game or football. Cleon already exposed so many people talking about "playstyle this and that" here, in his website or even in his discord server.

2 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

I've read for years on here that people won't buy the game again, blah blah blah, but let's be honest, we end up caving in and buying it anyway 🤪

No im adamant.  I usually buy the beta version every year . This year its the demo first and I will make my judgement from there along with this forum ..  7th MARCH IS MY UPDATE TIP 

10 часов назад, John Joe O'toole сказал:

If that’s true, I’m seriously considering to complain to my local MP. 

Police of release date, you're all under arrest

police-men-smza.gif

8 hours ago, Fenech said:

You must be on work experience.. 

20 minutes ago, HugoDantes said:

I think it will come out friday, tomorrow. If not we will have to wait until the end of next week.

I don't think it can be friday, there never was friday.

Edited by Caletti

24 минуты назад, HugoDantes сказал:

I think it will come out friday, tomorrow. If not we will have to wait until the end of next week.

Friday is the worst choice for any IT releases. Anythig goes wrong and goodbye weekend

I'm actually looking forward to seeing the patch notes and what exactly has been fixed with the update. I think I've been lucky in that I've not hit many game ruining bugs, but there's definitely still issues. I think for me, the last update fixed a lot of the match engine problems I was having from the initial release so I was a little blind to some of the newer issues - now that I've had time, I'm really starting to notice them again. 

One annoying thing is that I'm really enjoying the save I'm on, but I know that any update won't fix some of the competition issues or other issues I might hit without starting a new game. The long delay between updates (and the lack of any communication around them) spoils long term games, as I'm now faced with giving up on the save I'm enjoying (but that has some problems) and having to start a new one, just to get the full experience of a game I bought in November. 

I'm sure there'll be parts of this update which could have been released long ago (the parts fixing UI issues, competition rules etc - basically anything that isn't the match engine!), so the question is why does it need to all be wrapped up into only two updates per game cycle? What is stopping SI from releasing minor updates as they fix things? It may also help the communication problems, as at the very least it would show that they are working on the game, and that they are picking up on the bugs being reported. 

1 hour ago, Weed07 said:

I've got a feeling its going to be today because I created a new tactic yesterday and for the first time on FM23 I'm actually happy with how my tactics seem to be working, therefore a patch is required to break it.

This statement is 100% accurate 😂

2 minutes ago, oi_oi_ginger_roy said:

Out of interest what do these test names refer to? and what is a good sign/bad sign?

I have no idea. release-test and nightly they do every night since two weeks.

sega-test and lqa-test done 4 minutes ago. ID of the build for sega-test nad lqa-test are the same as nightly which can mean is the build of the patch.

10 hours ago, Fëanáro Míriel said:

Ngl these are the least helpfull comments... how is stating something obvious is gonna do anything but annoy people.. everytime someone tells me to be patient in a speculation thread i lose even more patience.

I'm sure you're not as self-entitled as this reads, but the situation isn't complex: it's not ready but as soon as it is, it'll be released. It really is that straightforward.  

Edited by Colorado

7 minutes ago, Caletti said:

I have no idea. release-test and nightly they do every night since two weeks.

sega-test and lqa-test done 4 minutes ago. ID of the build for sega-test nad lqa-test are the same as nightly which can mean is the build of the patch.

From the Google

Localization Quality Assurance (LQA) is the last stage in the game localization process. Primarily, it focuses on linguistic testing and translation quality review but also covers UI/UX evaluation, compliance testing, culturalization, internationalization, functional tests and more.

In short, native speaking linguists with expertise in gaming and local culture play and review your game, making sure that there are no errors or problems - both linguistically and visually.

If the game is about to be published in multiple languages, every version should be tested by the appropriate native professional.

21 minutes ago, DMC-12 said:

I'm actually looking forward to seeing the patch notes and what exactly has been fixed with the update. I think I've been lucky in that I've not hit many game ruining bugs, but there's definitely still issues. I think for me, the last update fixed a lot of the match engine problems I was having from the initial release so I was a little blind to some of the newer issues - now that I've had time, I'm really starting to notice them again. 

One annoying thing is that I'm really enjoying the save I'm on, but I know that any update won't fix some of the competition issues or other issues I might hit without starting a new game. The long delay between updates (and the lack of any communication around them) spoils long term games, as I'm now faced with giving up on the save I'm enjoying (but that has some problems) and having to start a new one, just to get the full experience of a game I bought in November. 

I'm sure there'll be parts of this update which could have been released long ago (the parts fixing UI issues, competition rules etc - basically anything that isn't the match engine!), so the question is why does it need to all be wrapped up into only two updates per game cycle? What is stopping SI from releasing minor updates as they fix things? It may also help the communication problems, as at the very least it would show that they are working on the game, and that they are picking up on the bugs being reported. 

Lol. Last update didn't touch the match engine. Last time that was touched was on the release day, hence why all this wait is nonsense, since the chaos football from the Beta was being used as a feature at some point, but it never came back after release...