Match 8: France vs Australia - BBC1 & BBC iPlayer (7pm GMT) LIVE from Al Janoub Stadium

Coulthard's Jaw

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Astafjevs said:

Gonna do a pearcey here:

Why is Griezmann still making this XI in 2022? He's not been good enough for a while now.

Was going to put him in with Rabiot post.

Legs just have gone. Him out for another CM and think France have a lot more solid base/control.

2 minutes ago, The_jagster said:

You have heard Sutton talk about football right? He is the worst pundit imo

Aye, but Danny Murphy makes Mark Lawrenson sound truly cheerful. And Pearce, I've disliked him since he and Keown had the made debate about goalline technology in a previous world cup :D.

At least with Sutton you can laugh at his awfulness. 

I mean, almost every commentator bemoans the lack of extra time in the face of time wasting and complains that teams 'run the clock down' by time wasting... now FIFA have stamped all over that by adding on plenty of extra time... and they are having a laugh about it.

What. Do. They. Want?

6 minutes ago, Tummyowl said:

I mean, almost every commentator bemoans the lack of extra time in the face of time wasting and complains that teams 'run the clock down' by time wasting... now FIFA have stamped all over that by adding on plenty of extra time... and they are having a laugh about it.

What. Do. They. Want?

Humans just can't stop talking, too much 

4 minutes ago, Tummyowl said:

What. Do. They. Want?

It's VAR all over again. 'Why are we sitting here watching replays of this but they're not available to the officials? It's ridiculous in this day and age that the officials don't have technology to help them'

Ok, we'll introduce VAR:

'It's going to slow the game down, there won't be anything to talk about, it takes human error out of the game'.

While I do not mind the idea of having a pundit from each side giving their opinion on the match (as in most pundits talk so much rubbish anyway), but there is no Frenchman in the studio? Did they forget Drogba and Kompany are not French? 

I quite like the Australians (in general too) but cannot help but feel France could get a few more here if they can be bothered in the second half, really set themselves up for the rest of the group matches.