*Official* Football Manager 2023 Early Access Beta Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, zachalxnder said:

I think it depends on how far into a save you get. Most development is usually around +3 points. There is some development in the game, but not at that level. I think if you’re around 3 years into a save, it will have a big effect. 

Just about to go into my 2nd season. What’s your advice ?

hace 11 horas, angelo994 dijo:

Honestly, yes. I play with IF & IWF and I see them cutting in and making some beautiful plays. The match engine has been a joy to play with. I really can't put enough praises on it. 

With all due respect, I don't know where you see those dribbles and that IF/IW work properly... When IF/IW see a defender, stop and pass.

Off ball they move well, when there is no defender nearby and they can do one on one in front of the goalkeeper they cut inside and face the goalkeeper (In FM22 they turned and passed back, it was much worse)... But when they receive the ball with a defender close they almost never try to dribble him, they make a first movement inside but there they almost always look for the pass and very rarely continue driving the ball by running inside or trying to dribble. I have seen more than 20 videos, some with several matches, and I have seen in total 4/5 plays of IF/IW trying to dribble their defender. More than FM22? Yes. Enough? absolutely not

I'm glad others can enjoy the game even though this role is broken, I wish I could too, but if we accept that a completely broken role in FM22 in FM23 is a little less broken, we say it works great, they will never fix it.

3 hours ago, albertluque said:

If you click on show full squad view it changes to something similar but you have to return to the planner to modify it.

Sure its "similar", but the way its shown, especially showing only 3 players per position, makes it almost just a waste of a view. Having to click on each position seperately to just see its depth is a lot more busywork then with the old Squad Depth screen :(. Wished the Depth screen was still there meh.

Hey guys!

I really liked the game, thanks for the effort.

I am here for productive feedback:

I can see the player's performance in main squad screen, however I cannot see those performance feedbacks (goals etc.) in his own page.

I attached 2 photos for Dele Alli (Beşiktaş).

Thanks,

Best regards,

bug1.jpg

bug2.jpg

1 hour ago, 2feet said:

I replied with why the answers didnt make sense but didnt get any follow up.

Would it be better worded like 'trap opposition outside/inside'? Would you be pleased then? Will it make the game flawless?

Edited by Vali184

2 minutes ago, Vali184 said:

Would it be better worded like 'trap opposition outside/inside'? Would you be pleased then? Will it make the game flawless?

It's not about being flawless.... just clear.

Maybe Press to Outside instead of Trap Outside?

Or Set Traps Inside instead of Trap Outside?

2 minutes ago, daveh83 said:

Just about to go into my 2nd season. What’s your advice ?

If you’re trying to do a youth save, might be worrisome. Don’t think you should stop if you’re having fun though. In theory, this is big enough of an issue that they should release a hot fix. 

1 minute ago, zachalxnder said:

If you’re trying to do a youth save, might be worrisome. Don’t think you should stop if you’re having fun though. In theory, this is big enough of an issue that they should release a hot fix. 

Hate to be negative, but if anyone thinks this will be completely fixed in this edition, I think they might be sorely disappointed.

100%.

I understand hotfixes have traditionally usually been released for crashes or major ME issues, but with the time period between the issue being flagged (within 48 hours of beta release) and full game release on the 8th of November, I would hope the intention would be to get a hotfix out even if just for more testing from us before full release. I do remember last years having a 2/3 hotfixes before release relating to some UI/ME and other areas?

Also potentially the long ball/CB issue on the ME if this is possible, especially due to the knock on effects from any slight tweaks in the ME. I understand the need to not over promise and undeliver on a fix before release, but if it's being worked on and in a position to go I would hope it isn't delayed just for the sake of it.

Such a shame currently as I'd love to crack on with a long term save as I am very impressed this year. 

2 minutes ago, KillYourIdols said:

Looking for a long term save and, assuming I'll only get 2 seasons In before the 8th November, the hotfix for player development means there will be a minimal effect on my save I assume? 

Meaning is it worth doing the save or not?

1 minute ago, KillYourIdols said:

Looking for a long term save and, assuming I'll only get 2 seasons In before the 8th November, the hotfix for player development means there will be a minimal effect on my save I assume? 

The point of a beta is to test the game for bugs, not to play it 2 weeks earlier. You preordered to test the game before full release, not to get access to play it before someone else. I don't understand why is it so hard for some of you to understand this. Maybe it's because of some sense of privilege.

Just now, Domoboy23 said:

100%.

I understand hotfixes have traditionally usually been released for crashes or major ME issues, but with the time period between the issue being flagged (within 48 hours of beta release) and full game release on the 8th of November, I would hope the intention would be to get a hotfix out even if just for more testing from us before full release. I do remember last years having a 2/3 hotfixes before release relating to some UI/ME and other areas?

Also potentially the long ball/CB issue on the ME if this is possible, especially due to the knock on effects from any slight tweaks in the ME. I understand the need to not over promise and undeliver on a fix before release, but if it's being worked on and in a position to go I would hope it isn't delayed just for the sake of it.

Such a shame currently as I'd love to crack on with a long term save as I am very impressed this year. 

I think they usually release hot fixes for things that do really impact the beta, which this would. There are always a few fixes for crashes. And I think there was one some year for people not being able to advance past a date. 

Just now, Vali184 said:

The point of a beta is to test the game for bugs, not to play it 2 weeks earlier. You preordered to test the game before full release, not to get access to play it before someone else. I don't understand why is it so hard for some of you to understand this. Maybe it's because of some sense of privilege.

What you on about? It's a fairly simple question. Why you got all high and mighty over it? 

If the question is too hard for you, move on.

2 minutes ago, zachalxnder said:

Meaning is it worth doing the save or not?

Yes. If its going to have a minimal Impact (I belive it will be savegame compatible, but no retro active fixes) I'll start my save now.

I think they usually release hot fixes for things that do really impact the beta, which this would. There are always a few fixes for crashes. And I think there was one some year for people not being able to advance past a date. 

As above. Thanks for the info.

2 hours ago, Meraklija Vujevic said:

There is no purpose for report!

Example in fm 22 how long passed from latest update with match engine changes.

Instead of releasing small updates and fixing match engine issues through entire year they dont do nothing for few months

So you're basically here to complain? Report the bugs or play something else. What you're doing now isn't helping anyone.

16 minutes ago, Vali184 said:

Long term saves need tested too, or the development issue would have never been found.

13 minutes ago, zachalxnder said:

You think it’s here to stay beyond winter update?

Well, I hope I'm wrong, but unfortunately yes. They've done their data development work and now it's about fixing bugs. This seems like a major issue which is not just simply fixed by toggling down some sliders. Let's also not forget that this has been an issue for a long time in FM - long term attribute development has always been favourable to physical attributes, but it still had a good enough improvement in the technicals. Now we're at an extreme version of that, where technicals are barely improving at all. Why would anyone be confident that this will be fixed when the issues before haven't been resolved?

I know the matchday UI has been absolutely awful since the touchline tablet was introduced years ago (designed to bring more information to you but ironically makes it harder to get the information you want in a clear fashion) but for the poor people who won't go on to use a skin...

Can you at least make the latest scores at full time a bit more presentable? Look at all that space to just cut off names with more than 6 letters? And to be skewed to the left just looks so messy.

image.thumb.png.35582b6db587e75b88ee8d07cf37c0e0.png

4 minutes ago, Troels Jensen said:

Not here. I have seen a few double bookings and maybe one straight red card this first half season I've played.

25 yellow cards for walker something defiantly does need tweaking

20221023_204426.jpg

I need people's help.

I have been playing with the squad planner and trying new ways to configure it to see what works best.

I cleared my list of Fullbacks, thinking I'd start again.

image.png.1c965746275c5a5a416855032408b323.png

Above is my young defensive player and you can see I've added him to the DR role via his profile.

The confusing thing is that when I tried to add him to the planner from the squad screen I didn't have an option to add him as a DR. The only option was WBR. It's as if the 'add to squad planner' option from the squad screen was using a different tactic. I only have one tactic currently.

Now, I didn't get a screenshot but I swear the list didn't have DR.

I have gone back to my save I loaded in to and tried to recreate this issue to no avail.

Has anyone else experienced this? I wanted to bug it but without proof I can't, not would it help if I can't recreate the issue

-Regarding requirement for rotation:

This is understandable idea, however if you are a club only plays in leage (not in continental competitions), substitute players (who are outside of first 11) are underperforming and are not contributing at all to the scoreline. I didn't have to change startin 11 ever for 20 matches. 

You may give room to surprises a little more.

I don't know if this is something new to this years game or not but it's the first time I've saw it happen and it's now happened in both transfer windows.

My key players are being looked at by big PL teams such as City and Arsenal - in the final day of the transfer window, they approach with loan offers with mandatory buy-in clauses at the end? Never came across this before and I'd assume their budgets would be able to afford my players (managing in Scotland) so just not sure why their trying to the loan option first. Happened twice now, once in the summer by City and now in January by Arsenal. 

Anyone else had this?

Just now, ScottishFM said:

I don't know if this is something new to this years game or not but it's the first time I've saw it happen and it's now happened in both transfer windows.

My key players are being looked at by big PL teams such as City and Arsenal - in the final day of the transfer window, they approach with loan offers with mandatory buy-in clauses at the end? Never came across this before and I'd assume their budgets would be able to afford my players (managing in Scotland) so just not sure why their trying to the loan option first. Happened twice now, once in the summer by City and now in January by Arsenal. 

Anyone else had this?

If that was real life it would sound like a circumventing of the current years FFP - maybe that is the reason?

1 hour ago, david_kax said:

With all due respect, I don't know where you see those dribbles and that IF/IW work properly... When IF/IW see a defender, stop and pass.

Off ball they move well, when there is no defender nearby and they can do one on one in front of the goalkeeper they cut inside and face the goalkeeper (In FM22 they turned and passed back, it was much worse)... But when they receive the ball with a defender close they almost never try to dribble him, they make a first movement inside but there they almost always look for the pass and very rarely continue driving the ball by running inside or trying to dribble. I have seen more than 20 videos, some with several matches, and I have seen in total 4/5 plays of IF/IW trying to dribble their defender. More than FM22? Yes. Enough? absolutely not

I'm glad others can enjoy the game even though this role is broken, I wish I could too, but if we accept that a completely broken role in FM22 in FM23 is a little less broken, we say it works great, they will never fix it.

What do you mean?? I see plenty... from the AI wingers... not from mine...

1 hour ago, callamity said:

No the trap isnt set inside.

Passing lanes are blocked inside, funneling the play outside and trapping the opposition outside.

Just don't bother. He lives on his own little world..

image.thumb.png.2657f0daaf392074b04a077ec99f89cd.png

This seems a bit extreme no?? Might be worth as bug report

9 minutes ago, KamyKaze said:

What do you mean?? I see plenty... from the AI wingers... not from mine...

Just don't bother. He lives on his own little world..

image.thumb.png.2657f0daaf392074b04a077ec99f89cd.png

This seems a bit extreme no?? Might be worth as bug report

nufc had to do this once due to notting hill carnival. played europe thursday and away to chelsea on saturday iirc.

9 hours ago, MaxeyN17 said:

Any word on MS Store early access?

There is no early access for the gamepass version. 

4 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

It is the Beta to be fair, we're supposed to be finding issues :thup:

tbf, you can make a good argument that a bug such as players technicals not developing as they should, should be something that is flagged up at the QA stage and sorted before releasing the beta early. 

4 hours ago, trueblue.85 said:

Was looking forward to a save in Uruguay this year as never played previously as they didn't have a cup, and they have finally introduced one this season but not in the game :seagull:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copa_Uruguay

That's a shame. :thdn:

I'm well up for buying this version. The cup draw module for me, although superfluous for some is a game changer. Really makes those cups special again, but...I do fear this game is broke in some way.

Tom FM simulated 100 years and the top flight was littered with lower league teams and Costa Rica winning the league. Seeing Liverpool win above by such a ridiculous margin is alarming too. Plus in a game by a streamer, Conte got the sack from Spurs. It's here I discovered apparently the game isn't good with defensive/moderate tactics? No wonder I've scored 1 goal in 5 in FM22 using a similar methodology I employed in FM18...a methodology I had to employ as the players get tired quickly.

I really want to be positive but fearing the worst at the moment

2 hours ago, KillYourIdols said:

Yes. If its going to have a minimal Impact (I belive it will be savegame compatible, but no retro active fixes) I'll start my save now.

As above. Thanks for the info.

It will be save compatible. Are you doing an Arsenal save?