Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II passes away. 21st April 1926 - 8th September 2022.

Confused Clarity

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RIP to the Queen, never really followed UK politics, but she seemed decent.

So is the next guy in line that pedophile guy or another one?

Seems like a perfect time to abolish monarchy. Seems ridiculous that any first world country still has a thing for people being more valuable than others just because they're born in a certain family.

2 minutes ago, Haguey said:

Surreal moment really, felt like this day would never come. Only Royal figurehead anyone under the age of 75 will know or remember.

No love for the Royals (or dislike either). RIP Mrs Queen.

Yeah definitely a bit surreal - i've read those 'what will happen when the queen dies' articles so many times. Now today is the day. 

1 minute ago, Haguey said:

Surreal moment really, felt like this day would never come. Only Royal figurehead anyone under the age of 75 will know or remember.

No love for the Royals (or dislike either). RIP Mrs Queen.

Will also be the last time any of us posting here will see a Queen as the UK head of state. Charles, William, George means we're going to get kings for probably the next 60 years or so. Probably longer 

3 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

RIP to the Queen, never really followed UK politics, but she seemed decent.

So is the next guy in line that pedophile guy or another one?

Charles is the King now. The dodgy one (Andrew) is the third child.

Just now, themadsheep2001 said:

It's not tonight's games under threat. It's the weekends 

Yeah but considering I’m already parked up for the game I’d have been annoyed if it was called off :D. They’ll definitely call off this weekends games.

1 minute ago, JJ72 said:

All those ghouls at the palace photographing the notice

Honestly can’t understand what goes through these people’s heads. Bad enough being there at all without pushing your way to the front to get your own photo of something which is on every single news channel anyway.

11 minutes ago, Astafjevs said:

What a bizarre announcement from BBC. Huw talking with that correspondent about how there's no news and they're still waiting, when clearly it had been announced a good minute or two beforehand because of the flag and the commotion at the gate 

Perhaps they were getting their updates off ITN and sat on the pause button.

• Confused Clarity changed the title to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II passes away. 21st April 1926 - 8th September 2022.
1 minute ago, Pompeyboyz said:

Checked BT Sports channels and all the announcement teams were in Black or dark grey, so they obviously been told before hand as you can't coordinate that well in advance. 

TMS was in this thread earlier about how they had a production meeting this afternoon about it,

Just now, Harryseaess said:

Yeah but considering I’m already parked up for the game I’d have been annoyed if it was called off :D. They’ll definitely call off this weekends games.

The sporting bodies want it. But upto the DCMS. Lack of police will probably be the issue. The Queens body will come back by train, which means hundreds of thousands of people along various parts of the route, which will need policing. Also it's likely to screw with travel completely.