Match 47: Czech Republic V Denmark - Saturday 5pm (ITV) live from Baku Olympic Stadium

TM

This hasn't been brilliant but the Czechslook like Schick plus 9 other outfielders, Denmark are finding it far too easy to take it past their midfielders in a 1v1 and they can't create much.

That was such a nice second goal.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, EnterUsernameHere said:

England definitely favourites but Czech getting through would have been much better for them.

Of course.

6 minutes ago, Yuko said:

How is England part of this group? 

How are they not? 

Not like there's been a crap ton of amazing teams. It's been a really fun tournament but not many standout sides. 

4 minutes ago, Rebs said:

I think England have been great....not crazy exciting or adventurous, but we have controlled every match apart from the Scotland game and made it seem fairly straightforward....I thought the game against Germany was exceptionally good for the way we rectricted them apart from the Muller chance overall.

The Muller chance wasn't a one off though. Rice was lucky when Goretzke got in behind, and Werner got in behind a couple times as well. So while you generally limited Germany's chances, you were exposed with big chances far too easily for how defensively you were setup. 

Just now, XuluBak said:

The Muller chance wasn't a one off though. Rice was lucky when Goretzke got in behind, and Werner got in behind a couple times as well. So while you generally limited Germany's chances, you were exposed with big chances far too easily for how defensively you were setup. 

I don't think we were defensive.  You can play a game where you aren't defensive but also not be all out attacking.  I thought we played well.

2 minutes ago, Heartwork said:

Schick is more or less a dead cert for Golden Boot at this point is he not

Not yet. The first tiebreaker is assists. Ronaldo has one assist :eek:, Schick doesn't have any.

Schick still needs to score one more to deny Cristiano the Golden Boot.

1 minute ago, The Amazing Dale Watkins said:

Who gets the golden boot when tied? Player with fewer games? I think it should go to the one with fewer penalties

I reckon it should go down who scores one brilliant goal :D 

6 minutes ago, XuluBak said:

In this tourney. Don't think he's ever looked this good when I've seen him before.

Indeed. He's a 10-goals a season striker in the Bundesliga, and at no point has he ever looked as good as this EURO

2 minutes ago, craigcwwe said:

Ebsjerg, Toulouse, Middlesborough, Bordeaux, Leganes.....Barcelona. 

:D 

I am still struggling to understand why Barca, signed him in the first place :D :idiot:

2 minutes ago, The Amazing Dale Watkins said:

Who gets the golden boot when tied? Player with fewer games? I think it should go to the one with fewer penalties

It's first on assists, then fewest minutes per goal.

Ronaldo leads Schick 1-0 on assists. Even if Schick does get one assist, he'd still be behind on minutes, so like I said, he needs another goal.

2 minutes ago, john1 said:

I am still struggling to understand why Barca, signed him in the first place :D :idiot:

It was "the perfect storm" with Barca needing a striker, getting an exemption from the Spanish FA to make a transfer outside of the transfer window, the exeption was only for players based in Spain etc.

There are bigger chances of winning the national lottery :D 

Just now, Orzelek said:

It was "the perfect storm" with Barca needing a striker, getting an exemption from the Spanish FA to make a transfer outside of the transfer window, the exeption was only for players based in Spain etc.

There are bigger chances of winning the national lottery :D 

They got the exception because they are Barca too, not so sure Leganes would've been afforded the same treatment if the roles were reversed. 

1 minute ago, Nordan said:

He was bought outside the transfer window iirc, some sort of emergency buy.

Correct. Emergency signing for Dembele. A LaLiga absurdity. Pretty much ensured Leganes went down.