what team is everyone managing

golo

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Manchester United first up. They are an interesting challenge this year. Good young squad but with some holes and a lot of catching up to do with their rivals.

I never start a long term save in the beta. I want to get into the editor to activate more leagues (especially in underrepresented areas) before cracking on there. 

3 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

Southampton on the beta. 3 wins from the first 6.  If only we were that good in reality..... 

could be better, could be worse. yeah fair to say its been quite the downfall recently..

6 minutes ago, sporadicsmiles said:

Manchester United first up. They are an interesting challenge this year. Good young squad but with some holes and a lot of catching up to do with their rivals.

I never start a long term save in the beta. I want to get into the editor to activate more leagues (especially in underrepresented areas) before cracking on there. 

out of the big 6, i'd say man utd would be the one i'd be most likely to pick for the reasons you mentioned.

interesting, i see a lot of people do that, i just don't really enjoy big club saves as much as i do an unemployed or a small club

20 minutes ago, craigcwwe said:

Kaiserslautern. 

First season in the 3.Liga we finished 3rd and won the Promotion Play Offs vs Furth. Then finished 6th in the 2.Liga. 

would be lying if i said i'd heard of them! good two seasons, any reason why?

Doing a European Journeyman, a risk starting it in the beta, but that's the way I roll

Started at Lisburn in N.Ireland, but that ended in disaster and I got fired. Joined Altrincham the following summer. Didn't really want to manage in England at this stage, but no-one else would employ me. The dressing room hates me as my rep is so poor, but we're putting together some nice results, and Kyle McFarlane up front is banging them in, so loving it so far. 

HSV: Mostly using them to experiment with my take on a 3313. Won 2.Bundesliga pretty comfortably. Still had some work to do with my tactics (and personnel), but my WBs were pretty lethal. Might give this another go post release. Either with HSV or someone else. 

Alessandria (Serie C/A, B): Started unemployed, took them over at winter break. After a fairly brutal start (dropped points in final moments of first three matches), turned things around using an aggressive 433, made Serie C playoffs, and caught fire. Won promotion on dominating 1st leg (home) matches. Didn't know how Serie C promotion worked, pretty brutal run, especially for a smaller squad. Got off to a rough start in Serie B, but solid defending and seemingly overpowered long-ball counter attacks had me in the promotion playoff hunt by winter break (Sassuolo was and still is running away with Serie B). Got a couple job offers and decided to move on and try something new. 

Brescia (Serie A): Balotelli was gone, but they still had Tonali (whom Napoli stole from me in my HSV save!). Started with 442 diamond, switched to 4312. Create some decent chances, finishing...could be better. Got a (1st half) FB hat trick though! Not safe, yet, but looking good. Curious to see if I have any chance of keeping Tonali in the summer. If not, hopefully, I can sell him for a king's ransom and get him back on loan. Might have to find myself a life raft if not. 

Edited by XuluBak

Barcelona. I always pick a giant for my beta save, but I'll probably continue with it after release this year. I quite fancy the 'challenge' of handling Messi's departure/retirement when it comes. Bit disappointed that I haven't managed to get Newell's Old Boys to agree to play me for his testimonial, too far to travel apparently. Hopefully it can happen within the next couple of years or so. 

Come release I'll most likely start a save with the team I support, Peterborough United. Or maybe a National League North/South team. Would also like to experience lower league football in a foreign league, not something I've done in recent editions of the game. So many possibilities... and so little time to play. ☹️

1 hora atrás, golo disse:

very good. 2-0 against psg is an insane result

Thank you. Was an exciting game but tbh I had my fair share of luck. My GK (Marchesin) had a tremendous performance, they missed some obvious chances and in the last 5 minutes, with PSG attacking with everything they had, I ended up with 4 defenders, 2 half-backs and no striker. But God it felt good!

If you feel interested:

9l5UkVo.png

My usual tactic is based on the Liquid 4123 of @Rashidi for FM19.

Edited by 99

Malaga. After quite a terrible start in LaLiga 2, I managed to win a promotion by finishing 2nd in the first season. Second season was good, finished 6th (and qualified for Conference league, yay :lol:), now I am halfway through the 3rd season, sitting 5th. Moving up the table is quite a challenge as Barca, Real, Atleti and Valencia simply don't drop any points, except when they play against each other. 

2 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Doing a European Journeyman, a risk starting it in the beta, but that's the way I roll

Started at Lisburn in N.Ireland, but that ended in disaster and I got fired. Joined Altrincham the following summer. Didn't really want to manage in England at this stage, but no-one else would employ me. The dressing room hates me as my rep is so poor, but we're putting together some nice results, and Kyle McFarlane up front is banging them in, so loving it so far. 

i had a journeyman save but the game went really buggy and everton were looking at me after a good season with league two swindon. sounds fun though as long as yours doesn't go the same way mine did!

2 hours ago, ImDaWeasel said:

Hamburg

Steam rolled through 2.bundesliga even with the dodgy ME, now the board expect a title challenge on the first time asking up. Have made myself only sign under 23 players and use the youth academy so now the average age of the squad is 21. Enjoying it so far.

you're telling me the board want you to challenge for the bundesliga title in your first season in the bundesliga?? thats insane.

2 minutes ago, golo said:

i had a journeyman save but the game went really buggy and everton were looking at me after a good season with league two swindon. sounds fun though as long as yours doesn't go the same way mine did!

Not much chance of that, I'll be lucky if I get an offer from the local pub team, so poor is my reputation :lol:

2 hours ago, XuluBak said:

HSV: Mostly using them to experiment with my take on a 3313. Won 2.Bundesliga pretty comfortably. Still had some work to do with my tactics (and personnel), but my WBs were pretty lethal. Might give this another go post release. Either with HSV or someone else. 

Alessandria (Serie C/A, B): Started unemployed, took them over at winter break. After a fairly brutal start (dropped points in final moments of first three matches), turned things around using an aggressive 433, made Serie C playoffs, and caught fire. Won promotion on dominating 1st leg (home) matches. Didn't know how Serie C promotion worked, pretty brutal run, especially for a smaller squad. Got off to a rough start in Serie B, but solid defending and seemingly overpowered long-ball counter attacks had me in the promotion playoff hunt by winter break (Sassuolo was and still is running away with Serie B). Got a couple job offers and decided to move on and try something new. 

Brescia (Serie A): Balotelli was gone, but they still had Tonali (whom Napoli stole from me in my HSV save!). Started with 442 diamond, switched to 4312. Create some decent chances, finishing...could be better. Got a (1st half) FB hat trick though! Not safe, yet, but looking good. Curious to see if I have any chance of keeping Tonali in the summer. If not, hopefully, I can sell him for a king's ransom and get him back on loan. Might have to find myself a life raft if not. 

is this 3 different saves or a very successful unemployed journey?

that allesandria part sounded really exciting, got to love getting promoted through the divisions, always fun. tonali is an absolute gem: had him in fm19 for leeds (bought in champ for ~£10m) and he stayed all the way until we won the champions league, brilliant player

2 hours ago, sporadicsmiles said:

Gets me into the new game, an easy learning curve and a throw away save that I will not mind too much when I move on..

i generally find adapting to the new fm pretty easy. the only issue with starting your main save in the beta is how buggy it can be, which i've found this time around.

1 hour ago, superposh said:

Barcelona. I always pick a giant for my beta save, but I'll probably continue with it after release this year. I quite fancy the 'challenge' of handling Messi's departure/retirement when it comes. Bit disappointed that I haven't managed to get Newell's Old Boys to agree to play me for his testimonial, too far to travel apparently. Hopefully it can happen within the next couple of years or so. 

Come release I'll most likely start a save with the team I support, Peterborough United. Or maybe a National League North/South team. Would also like to experience lower league football in a foreign league, not something I've done in recent editions of the game. So many possibilities... and so little time to play. ☹️

barcelona is probably one of the easiest ones you could pick but i'd imagine that'll be fun, deciding whether to build around 1 superstar when messi leaves or just having a well balanced team. its hard to imagine a barcelona team without messi featuring.

posh will definitely be a fun one, few good young players and a lot of experience. maybe you can finally get back to the championship ;)

national league north is fun. i'm currently managing boston and i'm gonna see how far i can take them, but theres numerous good national league north teams to pick from.

i've never enjoyed foreign football as much as english, it might just be my experience, but i've never had a memorable one.

1 hour ago, 99 said:

Thank you. Was an exciting game but tbh I had my fair share of luck. My GK (Marchesin) had a tremendous performance, they missed some obvious chances and in the last 5 minutes, with PSG attacking with everything they had, I ended up with 4 defenders, 2 half-backs and no striker. But God it felt good!

If you feel interested:

9l5UkVo.png

My usual tactic is based on the Liquid 4123 of @Rashidi for FM19.

decent 50:50 game to be fair. you've done well there.

23 minutes ago, Dovydas said:

Malaga. After quite a terrible start in LaLiga 2, I managed to win a promotion by finishing 2nd in the first season. Second season was good, finished 6th (and qualified for Conference league, yay :lol:), now I am halfway through the 3rd season, sitting 5th. Moving up the table is quite a challenge as Barca, Real, Atleti and Valencia simply don't drop any points, except when they play against each other. 

that sounds really fun. 6th in the first season in la liga is a good achievement, competing with the big 3 is gonna be extremely hard though. best of luck :)

11 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Not much chance of that, I'll be lucky if I get an offer from the local pub team, so poor is my reputation :lol:

yeah i just hopped around irish teams for a bit then got the swindon job. they got a ridiculous 33m takeover and i got an interview from everton. at that point i kinda realised i wasn't enjoying swindon because it was too easy and moving anywhere else would be really unrealistic so i just ended the save. will do a good one at some point this year: they're always fun.

4 hours ago, sporadicsmiles said:

I want to get into the editor to activate more leagues (especially in underrepresented areas) before cracking on there. 

May I ask what you mean by that ? is there leagues say Serie D I can open my self ? I always thought we needed to wait for a mod 

42 minutes ago, emil_sbn said:

Doing a long term save with  Bolton here, first season midtable, was ok as they start on -12

Now halfway second season we are second in the league only Hull above us!

wow. thats impressive. i couldn't do that lmao

2 hours ago, golo said:

you're telling me the board want you to challenge for the bundesliga title in your first season in the bundesliga?? thats insane.

Insane yes but it seems I have an insane board. They only let me spend 40% of any money I make from transfers despite a very healthy bank balance, graciously give me the 4th worst wage budget in the league and sell my one star player in Vagnoman to Bayern for peanuts on deadline day. Got to love a challenge.....

3 hours ago, golo said:

is this 3 different saves or a very successful unemployed journey?

that allesandria part sounded really exciting, got to love getting promoted through the divisions, always fun. tonali is an absolute gem: had him in fm19 for leeds (bought in champ for ~£10m) and he stayed all the way until we won the champions league, brilliant player

Two saves. HSV then journeyman (light). 

I picked up Tonali in my first save last year with Sunderland. Didn't stick with the save though, as I soured on the EPL $$$. 

1 hour ago, ImDaWeasel said:

Insane yes but it seems I have an insane board. They only let me spend 40% of any money I make from transfers despite a very healthy bank balance, graciously give me the 4th worst wage budget in the league and sell my one star player in Vagnoman to Bayern for peanuts on deadline day. Got to love a challenge.....

that is insanity. best of luck looool

I don't think that's supposed to happen. Just seems to be an issue with HSV. I was expected to qualify for UCL in my first 1.Bundesliga season. A fair number of people have run into the same issue with them. I also "failed" an objective before it was due, or even could have possibly been completed. No biggie, that's what beta is for. 

6 hours ago, Gross_Ballon said:

May I ask what you mean by that ? is there leagues say Serie D I can open my self ? I always thought we needed to wait for a mod 

That is what I mean, I am waiting for full release so I (and others) can get the pre-game editor and create new content. Anyone can download and use that after the full release, and it is not too difficult to do.

6 hours ago, golo said:

i generally find adapting to the new fm pretty easy. the only issue with starting your main save in the beta is how buggy it can be, which i've found this time around.

Adapting is perhaps the wrong word. I like to see how new features play out before a longer save. I remember, for example, getting caught out by a dressing room revolt after I broke a promise in whatever FM that particular mechanic was brought in. Additional leagues with the editor is the bigger thing for me though. 

Picked Sunderland to try and revive their fortunes a bit. Will probably carry over from beta.

Had debated Bolton as they're local(ish) but been away from full version for a few years and didn't fancy that financial battle straight away. Maybe next save.

Started with Preston North End, there for 2 seasons. Finished the first season in 12th and the second in 9th. My contract was due to end at the end of the 2020/2021 season so with 3 games left of the season I got an interview offer from Atletico Madrid... and offered the job! I'm just waiting for the start of the season now 

Edited by gemxtria
Spelling error

Started a long term career save as manager of Bangor City in the Welsh second tier. It's a really interesting situation where a new Italian/Argentinian owner has taken over from a very bad family ownership period. 85% of the squad is Italian, then there's a bunch of Africans and Englishmen. The sole Welshman in the squad is my second choice keeper.

Started unemployed with Sunday league rep and national C badge. Holidayed until January before trying for jobs. Took over Albion Rovers in Scotland but resigned due to not being able to save them from relegation. Then got hired pre season at Limavady Utd in N Ireland where we're looking like finishing mid table in my first season (second season in game).

Edited by SortitoutsiVP

After securing safety with RKC Waalwijk in season 1, I decided to start the dumb challenge of winning all top tiers in the default leagues while also being required to spend at least some time in the lower tiers... So i'm at Loughgall in the Premier Intermediate League come 2021/22. So far it's really fun, though we haven't won a match yet this season. That's what you gotta expect from relegation battlers so I don't mind the challenge.

I started at FC Gute in the Swedish second division and won that on the last day of the season. I then left there and went to Akropolis in the Swedish first division elite and won that. Now taken over Norrkoping in the Prem and currently top of that.

Once the main game is out I will start a European journey man starting in lower France as never managed in France before.

Beta save for me - Dalum in the Danish 2nd division.  Stunned myself and won the title and got promoted in the first season!  Currently late September in the second season and mid-table - the league splits in two before the last 10 games, so hoping to get into the promotion group, just to be 100% sure I can't get relegated.

Waiting on a custom Serie D database to have another go at the San Marino Challenge for my main save.  The Sammarinese club in the Italian league system has changed this year, they are bringing through mostly Italian youth intakes in the game, so needs an editor tweak as well to make the challenge even slightly possible.  Not that I'll do it - but loved trying in FM19!

On the custom database note, does anyone know if Claassen is going to be creating his Leagues World Pack for FM20?  He hasn't logged on here for a couple of months, so it doesn't look likely...  Used his Serie D and San Marino databases in FM19 and top quality.

Always do a Southampton save on the beta, usually goes quite long term as well (because I can never be bothered to start it again when the full game comes out).

Also this year fantasy with Southampton is very much needed to escape reality! 

Lost the league on goal difference to Liverpool on the last day, by losing 3-1 at Anfield.  So finished 2nd (yes 2nd with 90 points with Southampton, beta doing beta things), currently 3rd I think coming up to the new year in the second season, both Manchester clubs leading the way, Liverpool not doing so well after they sold Van Dijk to PSG for £100 million, plus Man Utd spend like £250 million in the summer and Man City like £150 million. 

Quite pleasingly managed to make near £150 million from player sales over the summer, clearing almost all of the dead wood that was mainly out on loan last season, except Fraser Forster who is on loan in Qatar but is somehow in the England squad! 

Team is basically unrecognisable from the one that starts the game, with only Ings, Redmond, Valery, Bertrand and Gunn, plus a few of the youngsters kicking about left. 

Club vision is bit all over the place after the overachievement and I will see when I get home and opt into the public beta to get the ME update how my 4-2-2-2 Hassenhutl inspired tactic is holding up with the changes. 

9 hours ago, sporadicsmiles said:

That is what I mean, I am waiting for full release so I (and others) can get the pre-game editor and create new content. Anyone can download and use that after the full release, and it is not too difficult to do.

Awesome sorry got my self confused ! well we definitely appreciate any work any one does for these lower leagues