Football Manager 2019 Official Feedback Thread

Biggest downside for this year's FM from your pov ?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What really annoy you this year while playing FM19 ?

• Players moaning for new contracts too often
    • Gegenpressing tactic too powerful
    • Youngsters determination decreasing despite tutoring
    • IA still stockpiling players at a specific position/low teambuilding
    • Calendar bug ,only 1 day to recover between 2 officials games, especially a the end of the season (Obviously, i'm not talking about the Boxing day)
    • International call-ups issues (players unavailable for Champions League final etc...)

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, KlaaZ said:

Also kept City to a 0-0 draw both home and away in the CL group stage and made the semis and the quarter finals in the past two seasons, same deal.

It's worth pointing out that this year's Ajax team boasts some of the finest young players in world football. You can take some serious tactical liberties with them, particularly in a poor Dutch league.

Taking individuals out of that side and dropping them into a bang average one, in a tougher league, exposes their lack of physicality.

Edited by rdbayly

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, rdbayly said:

It's worth pointing out that this year's Ajax team boasts some of the finest young players in world football. You can take some serious tactical liberties with them, particularly in a poor Dutch league.

Taking individuals out of that side and dropping them into a bang average one, in a tougher league, exposes their lack of physicality.

Agreed when it comes to the Dutch league, less so when it comes to Europe. Either way, if those skewed headed clearances really were an ME issue, I should see them as well, no? And his point about the GK made absolutely no sense as the AI GK behave exactly the same as his. I'd say most of this is just tactical and, on the last issue, probably a form of confirmation bias.

That said, I do agree that this ME, like every year, has its issues. But the unplayability that some users pretend to have is, as far as I'm concerned, just not true. :)

Posting details of a single match doesn't prove or disprove anything; however, this is an extreme example of the points raised about the profligacy of strikers and their tendency to a) miss simple chances, and b) do so by tamely shooting straight at the keeper.

I went 2-0 up on Spurs in this match and lost 3-2. Whilst I now have a dent in my wall to sort out from the monitor being launched across the room, the loss isn't the source of my fury; it's the missed chances:

image.thumb.png.ec6cc6817a99e18caf30bbbdacaa2787.png

Sterling put Haland clean through on goal 5 times and he missed every single one by scuffing it straight at the keeper.

Jota missed from inside the 6 yard box with the whole goal to aim at, twice.

The irony is I can't recall the team any playing better than this over the entire 5 year save.

That dent in the wall though :rolleyes:

52 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

@rdbayly

I guess you need to have a bundle of water just in case 

Hide contents

Manchester-United-Young-Boys-1-0-Champio

I've thrown that as well now, as I have a Europa League match scheduled during the 2022 World Cup (with 8 key players on international duty). Very disappointed with the developers that after all these years, this still happens. Reminds me of a time on CM4 when the opening match of the Euros was on the same day as my Champion's League final. I ejected the game disc and shattered it into a hundred pieces.

image.thumb.png.f100fda93941cdc9324621198314a52f.png

3 часа назад, rdbayly сказал:

I've thrown that as well now, as I have a Europa League match scheduled during the 2022 World Cup (with 8 key players on international duty). Very disappointed with the developers that after all these years, this still happens. Reminds me of a time on CM4 when the opening match of the Euros was on the same day as my Champion's League final. I ejected the game disc and shattered it into a hundred pieces.

image.thumb.png.f100fda93941cdc9324621198314a52f.png

I guess its helpful topic for bugs subforum. You will help all of us, if create this one and upload this savegame in SI cloud

I did not buy the game, I was waiting for patches. Bought. First impressions - the full match is terrible. Worst ever. Players hit out and primitively play. Most passes - out. All the dangerous moments - the standards. Statistics an average of 5 shots per half time. And if the opponent under the pressure of my attacks - generally no shots. This is horror. Start a detailed review. And the players have learned to play. Combinations, accurate passes, a lot of blows in both directions. The flaw is obvious. And already May month .... Last patches .....

I know that it could be crazy games of mind but when I play in FM18 and FM19 sometimes I feel like ME has a little updates without steam notifications or AI improve itself. I played in FM18 1,1k hours but in last months I noticed things which never happened in previous 1000 hours. I noticed that some tactical things which was useful for me in FM19.3.4 just stopped in one moment even in new save, but another started. And its without update notifications and uploads :idiot:

The transfer bidding behaviour of Man City & PSG is highly suspicious. Every window the same pattern plays out. They bid for every single player in my side that is playing well, regardless of position, without any strategy behind it. The players they go for will never be good enough to hold down a place in their team, and frequently gets Pep the sack. A classic example of this on my current save was when City bought Lewis Cook for £70m, and immediately loaned him out to me for nothing a few months later.

If they identified fewer, high quality targets over a longer period, and put down a big bid to secure them (e.g. Mahrez) I'd welcome it as a realistic approach.

If reality played out like the FM world, Jim White would open his transfer window show with the statement 'Man CIty have bid for 6 Wolves players'. Not credible, is it.

Edited by rdbayly

Could we zoom closer in the 3D match engine please? Even the closest zoom isn't that close. Also the same on 2D please. The distance (how high up you are above the pitch) has varied in 2D over the years in Football Manager. I personally prefer it closer, and at the moment it is quite far out, the circles/players are very little, so perhaps we could finally get the option to zoom in and out as close as we want to on the 2D pitch, much like we can choose the match speed?

Hey there,

just found this thread while I was searching for a possibility to give some feedback for FM 2020.

First of all: Brilliant game! Love the details! As a football enthusiast I was playing all my life football manager games and this is definitely the most detailed one.

My Feedback:

Since I know, an amazing design and interface isn't an aim of FM, I don't really think I have to give you any feedback about this. But there's one thing which would optimize the usability, the game-feeling and maybe some fun. I really think FM 2020 needs an option to set something like "Live ticker" instead of watching the whole match every time. It would speed up the game (for people who want; and I think sometimes everyone wants), it would give users the possibility to not see that bad animation-quality and it would fit to the whole game which is more text- and statistics-based. The Live ticker could look like in the attached picture, maybe with your style of detailed gameplay and with interactive feedbacks for your team (like you can do already in your live matches).

And another point, which is as not as important as the first one: It would be amazing to have more influence in building a new stadium or changing prices for merchandise etc. 

I hope someone from the development team is going to read my feedback :D

Best, Thomas

By the way: It's my first post here and sorry if other people already mentioned those feedback points. I couldn't find any of these in the "search function".

750px-Ifd_sven_som_kickersunited_liveticker.jpg

Fussball_Manager_11_10.jpg

fussball-manager-09_1983834.jpg

Edited by HimynameisT

Can we stop with the cartwheel celebrations? How often do you see these done in real matches? In this game it seems like every other player does a cartwheel after scoring a goal or a Robbie Keane style rolly polly/front flip or whatever you call it.

Does anyone else agree on adding the Argentinian Superleague and the Brazilian League? Also the Copa Libertadores and Sudamericana. To have the whole Sudamerican football such as in Europe with all of its competitions.

On 15/05/2019 at 10:09, ZoDiAC_ said:

Happy with VAR but I've yet to see a goal actually count

.. is it possible? I know in real life it almost certainly skews to "no", and I have no issue with the decisions being made.

... But do any of these goals actually get awarded? I don't remember any in 333 hours of play heh

Playing mostly in the Bundesliga in FM19, I've had most of my VAR goals be counted, and have found they mostly get reviewed because of playing a tactic that has an inside forward and striker sitting on the shoulders of the defence to surge forward to get on the end of a cross or through ball.

5 hours ago, Marco1207 said:

Does anyone else agree on adding the Argentinian Superleague and the Brazilian League? Also the Copa Libertadores and Sudamericana. To have the whole Sudamerican football such as in Europe with all of its competitions.

That comes down to licensing and the laws for different countries having to be taken into account by SI. I'm sure they'd include such leagues if they were allowed.

@Tiger666 It is indeed pretty poor. I've now switched away from watching in 3D and just have it all in 2D Classic. I know these things are still there but it doesn't annoy me as much as you don't really see them in detail. 2D also obviously lets me see the whole pitch and that helps with tactical strategies, etc. I do still have the goal replays in 3D though and will have to share a similar example to yours, but far worse, in a recent game. I'll find it and load it up shortly.

11 horas atrás, Marco1207 disse:

I don't know about the argentinian league, but the Brasileirão is a huge problem not just for FM,but also other games. Here in Brasil in we don't have any organization that grab all players and clubs rihts of image, so every football game needs to negociate with the CBF, with the clubs, and also the players. The biggest problem in all of this is that some reserves in big teams asks loads of money for their right of image, and some clubs have their right already filliated with some game, so is pretty hard to have this league licensed for now.

Anyone know why top managers always seem to get sacked early in FM?  I'm two years in and Guardiola was fired on 13/5/2019 despite finishing 2nd in the League although no Cup wins.  Klopp was sacked 11/3/2020 despite winning the League in 18/19 and Guardiola incredibly took over - Klopp is still unemployed.  Whilst Spurs haven't done particularly well with 5th and 7th place finishes Pochettino was sacked on 6/3/2019 and was followed by Benitez who was also sacked in under a year and now Ancelotti is there.  Solskjaer left his "interim" role in May 2019 and Zidane took over.  Sarri was sacked (no real surprise).  Silva gone at Everton and replaced by a bloke called Chris Wilder, Rodgers sacked at Leicester within a year and a half and a host of other PL teams have sacked Managers and to be fair replaced them with unlikely replacements.  FM seems more savage that real life!!!!!

Edited by Sussex Hammer

18 minutes ago, Sussex Hammer said:

Anyone know why top managers always seem to get sacked early in FM?  I'm two years in and Guardiola was fired on 13/5/2019 despite finishing 2nd in the League although no Cup wins.  Klopp was sacked 11/3/2020 despite winning the League in 18/19 and Guardiola incredibly took over - Klopp is still unemployed.  Whilst Spurs haven't done particularly well with 5th and 7th place finishes Pochettino was sacked on 6/3/2019 and was followed by Benitez who was also sacked in under a year and now Ancelotti is there.  Solskjaer left his "interim" role in May 2019 and Zidane took over.  Sarri was sacked (no real surprise).  Silva gone at Everton and replaced by a bloke called Chris Wilder, Rodgers sacked at Leicester within a year and a half and a host of other PL teams have sacked Managers and to be fair replaced them with unlikely replacements.  FM seems more savage that real life!!!!!

Just as our own Boards set us minimum expectations, so do the AI clubs.  If you took over Man City I imagine the Board will expect you to win the league and go very far into all the cup competitions.  Guardiola didn't achieve that so he got the tin tack just as we would.

Sometimes sackings may seem harsh and the AI can be pretty cut throat, but miss your Board's expectations at your own peril !

I guess so but I expect the AI board probably doesn't process say a Managers long term "project" (I hate that word!) as much as say a real life board does because obviously in FM there is no conversation between potential manager and board like their would be IRL.  For instance Klopp may have said IRL "I'll get you success but it will take 5 years", that sort of thing whereas as you say board expectations in game seem a little more black and white.  It's in some ways a shame SI doesn't hard code certain managers for at least a couple of years due to rep although I guess that's a debate in itself, although as a human manager you would be allowed to take charge from the start.  Klopp I thought was particularly harsh as they finished first, he was sacked and they then finished second, although not quite sure where they were when sacked.  Just a shame these to managers don't last too long in the FM world.

Edited by Sussex Hammer

22 минуты назад, Sussex Hammer сказал:

Just a shame these to managers don't last too long in the FM world.

This is funny for me in 2 cases

1) I raised issue for SI where Solari was a manager of Real Madrid few seasons without trophies which impossible IRL with Florentino Perez is owner

2) I can see a big progress in FM19 concerning managers hired/fired. Actually I took an indirect part by shares saves with investigations and pkms :rolleyes:

I guess that Man City board has option to win EPL only. Also I know few examples IRL where coaches were fired too much quickly too.
So there is room for improvement, but I like a development vector in this case

46 minutes ago, Tiger666 said:

Sigh ... slowly losing patience with this year's version..

If that's a regular thing, save all the matches where you've seen it as pkm files, start a new topic in the ME issues forum and upload all the pkms for SI to review.

If that's the first time you've seen it, your keeper's had a brain fart and made a mistake - although it could perhaps be shown better in the 3D engine as it just looks a bit silly like that.

27 minutes ago, herne79 said:

If that's a regular thing, save all the matches where you've seen it as pkm files, start a new topic in the ME issues forum and upload all the pkms for SI to review.

If that's the first time you've seen it, your keeper's had a brain fart and made a mistake - although it could perhaps be shown better in the 3D engine as it just looks a bit silly like that.

I have seen two when a goalkeeper literally just rolls it straight to the strikers feet for no reason at all but I had one for an against so sometimes it works for you and that old Liverpool keeper, I forget his name did that in a Champions League Final if I remember correctly!!!

Man, as much as I try, more and more I'm starting to lose fun in this game.

It's hard to actually have your Inside Forwards/Strikers consistenly score around 20 to 25 goals a year. No matter which striker I put down there, they tend to miss some ridiculous chances.

Shame that the one thing that could be used to work around it, the set piece exploit, which was completely optional to use as well, was fixed instead of actually the non-optional stuff that needed fixing.

Also some of these prices in this game from the English clubs are insane. City paid 114 Million for Torreira. TORREIRA!

On 26/05/2019 at 23:11, Earnie is God! said:

Here we go. Even though we benefited from this one, it's still not right.
Just let it go for a goal kick, man! Nice assist though 🙄🤪

To be fair, the clearing instead of letting it go happens quite often in real life as well. The only thing here is that if the player clears it, he should actually head it behind for a corner again (as it might be a decision because he doesn't know if there's anyone coming up behind him or not). 

1 hour ago, KlaaZ said:

To be fair, the clearing instead of letting it go happens quite often in real life as well. The only thing here is that if the player clears it, he should actually head it behind for a corner again (as it might be a decision because he doesn't know if there's anyone coming up behind him or not). 

It's grossly inflated in-game compared to the behaviour of their real life counterparts.

The problem is that most patterns of play in the ME that lead to goals are limited in their diversity, hence become repetitive. There seems to be a different set of issues with each release; this year, it's the reign of suicidal header. I think there is a general consensus (including among some mods) that this is a bit of a pet hate in FM19. 

Although my personal pet hate is the corner played to someone in an unmarkable position in the corner of the penalty area. Perhaps the 2 players I assigned to stand at the edge of the area would like to anticipate this and close him down before the ball reaches him? Nope, they are too busy holding hands.

Edited by rdbayly

Is it just me or is the success rate of crossing really, really dismal in FM19?

I have players with crossing of 10 that achieve maybe 25%-30% cross success rate in matches. I think they're let down by the number of touches they take before attampting the cross or they simply wait too long, hoping to get closer to the byline, and give the defenders time to get in to position to block the cross. It happen so much that my player will wait to cross until the defender is in line and the ball cannons out for a corner or a throw. Nine times out of ten they've had a perfect opportunity to cross just seconds before after a burst of pace, but they've wasted that opportunity to advance. I don't even have cross from the byline specifically stated.

It seems to me I have to have players of crossing 15+ before I have any likelihood of a decent cross success rate.

Not that the opposition have as much trouble. Though I'm looking at the post match stats for my last game and Marc Albrighton, with crossing of 16, has a 16% cross success rate. 

I am looking at the PL stats in the real world though, and cross success by team doesn't seem as high as I'd expect (I'm seeing success rates of about 25% to 30%) . Are things actually very true to life and I shouldn't expect all these crosses to find the box? I watch matches every week and I'd swear I see more successful crosses than the statistics are reporting. I can't help but feel that cross success rate in the real world includes crosses that beat the first man. In FM I can't help but feel that too many crosses just hit the first man. Is it not a well used phrase is "beat the first man"?

I'm just throwing this out there because I really want opinions.

31 minutes ago, Earnie is God! said:

Read through just some of the many pages of this thread and you'll see many of us posting the same thing.

Thought that might be the case. Searching for cross or crossing gives so many responses so thought I'd just ask. It's a well discussed issue then? Has anyone found any little 'cheats' to improve wingplay?

Well I still play in this FM just because I like manage and improve any systems/bases/ownerships in games, but I skip ME games in the fastest speed.
Long shots long shots long shots

1593336597_Image5.thumb.png.a1d4a14b643316b77711e6c66b24524f.png

But after good guys in tactical subforum helped me, I have a nice save in Bundesliga at least, we have a real rival with RBL, Dortmund and Leverkusen.

But Bayern... Actually results in FM19 are more logic, I mean almost all times media prediction for top teams and their results the same.
But games of Bayern interfere to enjoy the game in a sense

506889201_Image1.thumb.png.5819f14e9f8f67a7d1266f856c8fc3c9.png

Say goodbye for ChLeague mode is on!

329798123_Image2.thumb.png.1377997a0de72cc07437bfedec12027e.png

Its your tactic Niko Kovac!

446833317_Image3.thumb.png.1c7982486c00b97d9582a14188dde8ca.png

But despite everything Bayern won 5-0 RBL which absolute leader of season :idiot:

1108891532_Image4.thumb.png.15903bd4483975ea2b677a3bf62affa2.png

P.S. This is no funny at all. Looks like finishing lives own life

1814363500_Image6.thumb.png.1474c4df88fefafdf872ae05590ad12c.png

Edited by Novem9

15 минут назад, KlaaZ сказал:

The best team doesn't always win. 

Feel the difference between 'doesn't always win' and 'systematically can't win by domination'

That's funny because I can systematically win while being the dominant team. You're suggesting that you'd do better playing worse than you'd do playing better, which is just plain false. 

I also don't get why the result against Leipzig surprises you. Bayern were ahead 2-0 after a first minute goal and a penalty, then the first red card for Leipzig comes and it's game over. Include a second penalty kick and another red card and you've got a recipe for such a result. 

1 час назад, Amarante сказал:

Why is it that persons think they can't win playing systematically. Lol i do both all the time, i complain that am not scoring 4-5 goals lol. 

There are not my games lol. It AI vs AI

Stop reflexing before writing

Edited by Novem9

On 30/05/2019 at 22:04, RVP32 said:

Man, as much as I try, more and more I'm starting to lose fun in this game.

It's hard to actually have your Inside Forwards/Strikers consistently score around 20 to 25 goals a year. No matter which striker I put down there, they tend to miss some ridiculous chances.

Shame that the one thing that could be used to work around it, the set piece exploit, which was completely optional to use as well, was fixed instead of actually the non-optional stuff that needed fixing.

Also some of these prices in this game from the English clubs are insane. City paid 114 Million for Torreira. TORREIRA!

I have no issue with my IFs scoring. They tend to be my top scorers each season. Strikers are an issue, yes but IFs score loads in my experience.
Set piece exploit fixed? I only bought the game after the final patch so may have missed a previous exploit but there are still both throw-in and corner exploits/issues.
As for the player prices, some do seem a bit ridiculous but irl there have been some extravagant prices too, just perhaps not on the scale that we can see in FM as, even a couple of seasons in, it seems quite widespread and not just the biggest clubs.

role suitability is very important against teams that are equally matched

Get all your players to green

I tested the theory by playing a number of matches against a strong side

Test 1. My team had a higher CA per role  against my opposition  however the role suitability was brown in all positions

Result 1 I lost more matches against this strong side

Test 2. My team had a similar CA however the role suitability was green in all positions

Result 2. I won more matches against this strong side

I think your argument is valid to an extent but it's too basic. It's not really about how green or brown the suitability circles are as they can be very misleading.

I have plenty of players whose attributes and natural positions are very much suited to a number of roles that the game is telling me they can't really play in.

The advice generally given is that if your payer fits the role, ignore what colour the circle is, he'll basically be fine.

IMO this is a serious problem. If the player’s attributes are such that he can play a particular role then the circle should be green or at least greenish. The colour of the circles should be helping us. I’ll repeat what I’ve said on previous threads in that the colours should not be misleading they should help us ... we are not all as good at the game as @Cleon or @Rashidi.