Emergency game is about to start thread - Group D - Final round - Argentina vs Nigeria and Iceland vs Croatia

Redshift

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, GunmaN1905 said:

This group was labelled as one of the strongest, but 3 teams in it are terrible.

Tbf you'd expect Argentina to be better than they are based on name value alone. Croatia has a pretty damn amazing squad. Nigeria are the typical African team at a World Cup and could go either way.

And of course we are bloomin' awesome

Just now, Rio_V said:

Agreed, but they seem a bit deer in the headlights at the moment. They need to play with more confidence. 

Yes, I agree. I think they need a bit more confidence. I'm surprised there's not more urgency in Argentina's play. It's like they don't realise they might need another goal.

1 minute ago, Mr Wallin said:

So no english or spanish speaking referees at a WC then... Yea that seems legit.

What? Just referring to specific games not the whole WC. I think Argentina benefits from having a referee that speaks the same language compared to Nigeria.

2 minutes ago, Redshift said:

Yes, I agree. I think they need a bit more confidence. I'm surprised there's not more urgency in Argentina's play. It's like they don't realise they might need another goal.

I can't help but feel that Nigeria will get at least one great chance in the second half. So, totally agree. Argentina need another goal.

2 minutes ago, Icelander83 said:

Yet another great opportunity! We're so going to get done by a jammy late goal ffs :(

I think you're gonna score, Croatia play like they're waiting for you to put one in the back of the net. 

1 minute ago, Cedrik said:

So what is the situation when Iceland scores?

We need to match Argentina's result if they win. If it's a draw, we need to win by a couple (or more, **** knows) to go above Nigeria. Nigeria win and we can just cancel football forever

1 minute ago, Icelander83 said:

We need to match Argentina's result if they win. If it's a draw, we need to win by a couple (or more, **** knows) to go above Nigeria. Nigeria win and we can just cancel football forever

I've got my "He's beginning to believe" Morpheus pictures on standby. :p

Archived