Editor requests - Custom league files - ask here

SixPointer

Am 16.12.2022 um 14:57 schrieb rusty217:

z Club World Cup.fmf 25.17 kB · 4 downloads

Although I should mention it also includes the old 7 team CWC renamed the Intercontinental Cup in December and a new American Supercup for the winners/runners up of the Libertadores and CONCACAF Champions League.

I've been using it for awhile and I'm pretty happy with it. Exact same format as the current 32 team WC, except shifted fully into July and no longer counted as a pre-season competition (which should eliminate the fitness issues people usually have with the CWC).

5 African teams, 5 Asian teams, 8 European teams, 4 North American teams, 8 South American teams, 1 Oceania team and 1 team from the host nation.

Thanks!

I have a question regarding the team pool. E.g. for Europe it says "Get the 8 best teams from UEFA Champions League". What is the definition of this? I assume 4 years x all teams in a final = 8 teams. But what if a team is several times in a final in those four years? Who will be the next team qualified? Also if I would like to get 12 European teams into the tournament. How would this work then if the criteria would be "Get the 12 best teams from UEFA Champions League". Thank you :)

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, ThomasK said:

Thanks!

I have a question regarding the team pool. E.g. for Europe it says "Get the 8 best teams from UEFA Champions League". What is the definition of this? I assume 4 years x all teams in a final = 8 teams. But what if a team is several times in a final in those four years? Who will be the next team qualified? Also if I would like to get 12 European teams into the tournament. How would this work then if the criteria would be "Get the 12 best teams from UEFA Champions League". Thank you :)

It just takes the best teams from that seasons UCL. So it should just be the 8 Quarter Finalists. I've set it to get qualified teams first (which should be the finalists from the previous 4 years) and then use the best teams to make up the numbers, but as far as I can tell the UCL doesn't correctly qualify teams for the CWC. Just did a quick test and Europe and Oceania were the only continents with no qualified teams so they all had to be taken from the most recent season's best teams instead. Oceania was likely because the competition wasn't running in the test (no Oceania leagues in the default database so it's not possible to run in tests), I don't know why Europe didn't qualify teams.

It also seems impossible to edit the default UCL rules so there's not much I can do about that. My original plan was to qualify the top 2 (that hadn't already qualified) from the UCL league phase each season, but it's not possible.

If you expanded it to 12 teams then it would just take some of the Round of 16 teams too.

Edited by rusty217

• 2 weeks later...

Wasn't sure where'd be the best place to ask, but does anyone know anyone who's doing a total player wipe database, where when you load it up and tick "add players to playable teams" it generates an entirely new world of players? Only asking before I attempt it myself, as it's quite a bit of work in the editor to highlight and delete all those players 1000 at a time. 

I was trying to revamp an old Mitropa Cup (custom) file.

The rules in that file picked the past winner of the 2nd division of a bunch of pre-selected leagues. Is there a way to make it related to the UEFA coefficient? Like "pick the winner of the 2nd division in leagues ranked Xth to Yth in order to have  variety and to keep the level of the competition more even?

30 minutes ago, RBKalle said:

I was trying to revamp an old Mitropa Cup (custom) file.

The rules in that file picked the past winner of the 2nd division of a bunch of pre-selected leagues. Is there a way to make it related to the UEFA coefficient? Like "pick the winner of the 2nd division in leagues ranked Xth to Yth in order to have  variety and to keep the level of the competition more even?

Rather than directly picking the last winner, use Get Teams From Team Pool and setup a team pool that adds all of the last winners like this:

20230103101339_1.thumb.jpg.a6fe5349ee60861094c20451f6070398.jpg

I'd only included 1 for the example, but you can add the last winner for all 50+ European 2nd tiers there.

Then higher up on the page of that team pool instruction set it up like this:

20230103101333_1.thumb.jpg.801ff736b3c1de22e969e7e4ef8d420e.jpg

Select the number of teams you need, in this example I chose 16, and set Sort Teams to Nation Continental Cup Ranking (never used this myself, so not sure if it works. If not you could try Division Reputation (descending) instead).

With that setup it should get all of the 2nd tier winners in Europe, sort them by their league's UEFA coefficient and then pick the top x (16 in this case) number of them to put into your competition.

17 ore fa, rusty217 ha scritto:

Rather than directly picking the last winner, use Get Teams From Team Pool and setup a team pool that adds all of the last winners like this:

[...]

Thank you!

I'll give it a shot!

On 27/12/2022 at 04:46, podunkboy said:

Wasn't sure where'd be the best place to ask, but does anyone know anyone who's doing a total player wipe database, where when you load it up and tick "add players to playable teams" it generates an entirely new world of players? Only asking before I attempt it myself, as it's quite a bit of work in the editor to highlight and delete all those players 1000 at a time. 

I have just completed my new country with a whole new player database 

• 3 weeks later...
On 08/01/2021 at 14:04, vourtsio said:

Anyone knows any real life Hungarian football pyramid data file?

I am looking for one right now, wonder if there is a good Hungarian lower division database for FM 23?
I found a few but the problem is that in these files teams with reserve teams could end up playing in the same division with their 1st team, if the 1st is relegated, which is a bit a deabreaker for me.

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/12/2022 at 20:46, podunkboy said:

You don't have to do 1000 at a time, you can change the settings on that to 5000, 10000 or even unlimited. It's under the settings tab and then 'Maximum Records For Search'.

8 hours ago, MichaelNevo said:

You don't have to do 1000 at a time, you can change the settings on that to 5000, 10000 or even unlimited. It's under the settings tab and then 'Maximum Records For Search'.

Problem being that when I select "1000" it can take up to an hour for them to delete from the database, when I selected 5000, it took over 3 hours. I'm now wondering if it might be easier to just click them individually to delete them one at a time. 

23 minutes ago, podunkboy said:

Problem being that when I select "1000" it can take up to an hour for them to delete from the database, when I selected 5000, it took over 3 hours. I'm now wondering if it might be easier to just click them individually to delete them one at a time. 

How many players you want to delete?

On 09/02/2023 at 21:10, podunkboy said:

That may be an issue with your computer/laptop then I would assume, in that case you're probably better off asking someone to do it for you, or like you suggested do 1 at a time.

On 09/02/2023 at 21:33, krlenjushka said:

How many players you want to delete?

I think he wants to wipe the entire database.

I'm looking for a custom DB for Belgium. I'm sick of all the play-offs in Belgium.

Ideal:

Pro League 1A - 16 teams, two regelation spots.

Pro League 1B (2nd division) - 14 teams (including the B teams), two promotion spots, two regelation spots

1ste amateur klasse (third division) - 20 teams - two promotion spots, 6 relegation spots

2de amateur klasse (fourth division, 4 sub divisions) - 18 teams - two promotion spots, don't care about relegation (for each division)

EDIt: So I've managed to create something myself.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/vdmjvzwcg1u30gy/Belgium+competition+without+playoff+system.fmf/file

Edited by SDke
fixed it myself (i think)

7 hours ago, SDke said:

I'm looking for a custom DB for Belgium. I'm sick of all the play-offs in Belgium.

Ideal:

Pro League 1A - 16 teams, two regelation spots.

Pro League 1B (2nd division) - 14 teams (including the B teams), two promotion spots, two regelation spots

1ste amateur klasse (third division) - 20 teams - two promotion spots, 6 relegation spots

2de amateur klasse (fourth division, 4 sub divisions) - 18 teams - two promotion spots, don't care about relegation (for each division)

EDIt: So I've managed to create something myself.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/vdmjvzwcg1u30gy/Belgium+competition+without+playoff+system.fmf/file

Real easy to make. Make all current Belgium comps extinct. Create 4 new comps. Then go to Nation Rules and add them one at a time. You're going to run into a hard time by doing the sub divisions, and I wouldn't bother unless you know what you are doing.

I would work off of this series (Video #3 and up will be more of interest):

9 hours ago, FM21_Scout said:

Real easy to make. Make all current Belgium comps extinct. Create 4 new comps. Then go to Nation Rules and add them one at a time. You're going to run into a hard time by doing the sub divisions, and I wouldn't bother unless you know what you are doing.

I would work off of this series (Video #3 and up will be more of interest):

Thanks for the tip :) I was able to do this even with subdivisions. Only issue I have is the World Cup that the matches still play.

1 hour ago, SDke said:

Thanks for the tip :) I was able to do this even with subdivisions. Only issue I have is the World Cup that the matches still play.

Add a break period just for that year. Something like this:

20230216174048_1.thumb.jpg.1e808399899c08a1d9dbc9eeb66ae181.jpg

The Start Year and End Year being 2022 mean it will only take place during the 22/23 season, then never again. Not sure about the exact WC dates, just chose 13th Nov/18th Dec as they're close enough, the 2000 years is correct though, the competition has a 2000 base year so for the 2022 season anything with 2000 will be treated as 2022 (if you put 2022 there it would be treated as 2044!).

Also, FYI you didn't need to create a whole new set of competitions just to remove the playoffs. There are simpler ways to do it, you could've retained all the fixture dates, TV times, prize money etc. too. You'd just need to delete the other stages, make sure the Top Team Are Champions box is ticked under League Settings in Stage 0 and in Qualification Rules, change the number of relegation places (and minimum/maximum) to 2, remove the League Fate Actions and Qualification Rules on that page. Remove everything in the Other Stage Rules section, then tick the Automatically Add History box on the History page at the bottom. That would've done for the Pro League.

Hi,

I have a long-term project where i want to bring football back to how competitive it was in the 90's. I want to do this by for example bring back old european competition formats and limit international transfers to strengthen domestic leagues.

Part of this involves decreasing the financial aspects of top league, i.e. limit prize money, sponsorship and club financials. For this latter part I wanted to check and see if someone has tested how the game responds to financial changes? For example, will player adjust their salary demands, or will we see the top players be without clubs due to high wage demands no club can meet? And if I lower prize money, sponsorships etc. will it stay on the same level or will it bounce back after a few years?

2 hours ago, kenny_pavey said:

Hi,

I have a long-term project where i want to bring football back to how competitive it was in the 90's. I want to do this by for example bring back old european competition formats and limit international transfers to strengthen domestic leagues.

Part of this involves decreasing the financial aspects of top league, i.e. limit prize money, sponsorship and club financials. For this latter part I wanted to check and see if someone has tested how the game responds to financial changes? For example, will player adjust their salary demands, or will we see the top players be without clubs due to high wage demands no club can meet? And if I lower prize money, sponsorships etc. will it stay on the same level or will it bounce back after a few years?

Player salary demands are based on the country of the club and how much other players with a similar reputation and play time are paid. It can be edited here:

20230223182736_1.thumb.jpg.9fd40b004bb0615b2c7bb9d0729858c0.jpg

That's for Italy and it's about the average players in Italy would expect to be paid weekly based on their reputation. There are also options to edit the average transfer values and sponsorship deals on each nation's page.

Prize money etc. is dynamic, but it's around a fixed point. IIRC it's around 1.8% per reputation point at high reputation levels (significantly higher at low reputation levels). So for example the EPL has a rep of 184. If it had 100m for 1st place, then that would increase to approx. 110.4m at 190 rep. If it had 10m for 1st place, then it would increase to 11.4m at 190 rep. So things can still change, but they won't just go back to previous levels. Any changes will be based around what you set being the new default figure.

That said, in my experience custom continental competitions break dynamic league rep, and therefore dynamic prize money, anyway. So if you're changing UEFA competitions then leagues should permanently stay at the financial levels you set.

• 2 weeks later...

does anyone know how to put cups into custom created leagues? ive got a cup loaded but wont allow me to play ingame. it says out fixtures but one i got to team selection wont let me past that. they also dont show up in the fixtures list. 

Hi everyone, can anyone change Copa Sudamericana?? now the 3rds of Libertadores plays with the 2nds of Sudamericana like in Europe, but nothing of this happened with the update. How can i make it???

@Pablotapiav

Le 17/03/2023 à 10:47, Ninja777 a dit :

So I think there's a problem with the French cup, and the fact that Martinique (and other terrotories) cannot use their players in this cup, because they are listed as non-eu. How do I fix that bug/problem?

You can try something like this :

image.png.715b74b217b29036f7de4e3a320d5745.png

On 08/03/2023 at 21:22, ucdark said:

Hi everyone, can anyone change Copa Sudamericana?? now the 3rds of Libertadores plays with the 2nds of Sudamericana like in Europe, but nothing of this happened with the update. How can i make it???

@Pablotapiav

ucdark, sorry but no major changes on rules are made on winter update.
For official version we will have to wait until FM24.

ps: winter update v2 is being releasing on next few days. Chilean league will be 100% updated on that one.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

i have been editing players in the pre game editor, i have done quite a lot of work. There is an option to merge? Can i merge my work with the latest update?  I have only changed attributes, not moved players to different clubs.

thanks

I wanted to add real fixtures results, I wanted to start with England, of course there were some postponed matches but to make it armonious I changed these matched to their original date.

Still I have an error in game, there's no schedule and no premier league, until next season. I'll upload my file so somebody could see what did I do wrong, I thought it would me more simple to make it work.

England 2023.fmf

I have created a fictional database for a Malaysian football league. All the extinct teams have been reactivated, and there are a total of 7 main leagues and 3 lower leagues. The main leagues are Super, Premier (A,B), M3 (A,B), M4 (A,B), FAM (A,B), State (A,B), and Lower (A,B). Additionally, there are Reserve, President Cup, and Youth Cup leagues.

However, I am encountering a problem when trying to convert the database into advanced editing mode. I want to include an import from the ASEAN region.

Is there anyone who can help me review my database?

Malaysia (D8).fmf

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Could someone help me fix my custom league editor file for FM21?

The basic premise is I wanted to create leagues based on larger regions with teams from that entire region. I went with 4 regions and 4 sets of leagues;

- British Isles (England, Wales, Scotland, N. Ireland and Ireland) Based in England

- European League (Central Europe so countries like France, Italy, Spain, Germany, Portugal etc.) Based in France

- Nordic League (Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland & Iceland) Based in Norway

- Eastern European League (Countries like Croatia, Ukraine, Czech, Hungary, Slovakia etc) Based in Czech Rep.

I've gotten most of the way there, the leagues all pass the rules test on the editor and all leagues work how they should do (Promotions / Relegations etc.) but for some reason, when I load it into the game, the majority of Teams are unplayable as well as a handful of the leagues. 

Could someone more experienced with this have a look for me and see where I am going wrong and why I can't play as these teams or why certain leagues are greyed out upon loading the editor file?

Thanks!

British Isles.xml

• 2 weeks later...

can someone help me? heres my situation - every time i add teams to a custom made league, i test the competition and it doesnt work because it says there isnt enough teams. i go back to the teams column and all my teams have been erased from the league

i understand its probably something small im just missing so im just wondering if anyone can tell me what i need to do

10 minutes ago, diidzei said:

can someone help me? heres my situation - every time i add teams to a custom made league, i test the competition and it doesnt work because it says there isnt enough teams. i go back to the teams column and all my teams have been erased from the league

i understand its probably something small im just missing so im just wondering if anyone can tell me what i need to do

this is what i mean

2023-05-02 (1).png

2023-05-02.png

I'm trying to create the Senegalese league, but having a hard time with the schedule. 

I don't want league games to be schedule to Wednesdays, but I don't know how to stop this. 

For exemple, I have November and December with eight games each, and then have only two or three games in April and May. All of this because of the games that are schedule for Wednesdays in November and December. 

I'm still playing FM22. 

Hi, could someone create me, to be precise, just change rules in Serbian Super League, instead of 4 allowed foreign players in starting 11, i want to set 6, and from year 2026. players from EU to not count as foreign (like Serbia joined EU).

52 minutes ago, Duke™ said:

Hi, could someone create me, to be precise, just change rules in Serbian Super League, instead of 4 allowed foreign players in starting 11, i want to set 6, and from year 2026. players from EU to not count as foreign (like Serbia joined EU).

Had a go but I can't verify the Serbian advanced rules for some reason, looks like some weird glitch where a team can't register their squad. In the default game they're set to join the EU in 2030, I changed it to July 2026 along with the foreign player rule but it won't verify. Here's what I had so far, I wonder if switching back to basic rules would fix it.