Editor requests - Custom league files - ask here

SixPointer

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone,

I was recently managing a Latvian team and stumbled upon a very strange and quite unrealistic scenario that SI has built into the game.
And it is as follows,
In FM24, the season in Latvia ends on 13 November and starts again on 12 February. So there are 92 days of offseason, which has a catastrophic effect on player development.

So I wrote a report, a few days later the headresearcher of the region commented and also posted some results of friendly matches played in the IRL, at the same time the self-proclaimed football manager simulation FM24 condemned all Latvian players to rest and never train or have a football match.

I have a suspicion that all winter leagues suffer from such carelessly processed data, and therefore it is necessary for custom data to take its place.

The image below, is my take on things and shows a solution to the problem.

Now to my problem, I can't do this without the help of someone to show me how to do it.

I am willing and able to make the effort, but I don't quite understand how the advanced editor rules work.

Sincerely, Ben

offseason.PNG

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all. I'm hoping a simple one for you here.

I'm trying to put together a set of Continental Club competitions based on the Olympics (one competition for each event using the teams who played in the finals of the events). The first test, I ran 27-odd competitions, however it seemed to stop running teams for countries once the Top 20 clubs were used and instead replaced them with the same team over and over again (USA had 32 teams, England 22 and Russia 21 - Juventus ended up replacing them in like 7 tournaments).

The main question is, is there a way of using more than 20 teams from 1 nation in Continental Club competitions?

On 12/12/2023 at 11:09, craigw87 said:

Hi

Is anyone able to help with a Custom DB for Hillingdon Borough, At Step 6 in the combined counties. There was a great custom DB for another local team a few years ago. Custom DB

Would someone able to do similar for the stadium,staff,players and kits? 

Anyone able to help with this? 

Is there any lower league db for these following countries?

I'm looking for maximum reality of course and not fantasy pyramid....

Thanks in advance!

Austria

Hungary

Belgium 

7 hours ago, vourtsio said:

Thanks in advance!

Austria

Hungary

Belgium 

I can give you a Hungarian file! https://sortitoutsi.net/content/63872/hungarian-division-3

If you're a steam user I'd recommend taking a look on the workshop for the other two, if not unfortunately I cannot help

On 03/01/2024 at 03:47, vourtsio said:

Thanks in advance!

Austria

Hungary

Belgium 

Chielen's Belgian file is out

https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/581825-fm24-chielens-total-belgian-lower-league-overhaul/

Hello Editor Hideaway,

I'm looking to create a promotion system between the top division of the Northern Irish league (sports direct premiership) and the bottom division of the Premier League (vanarama National league) perhaps throw a playoff between the relagating from vanarama and the top team from the Sport direct in Football Manager. Could you please guide me on adjusting the pre-game editor settings for this? Specifically, I need assistance with modifying the promotion settings for the Northern Irish league and the relegation settings for the Premier League.

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @nahim888, see here. I've re-activated the existing "extinct" competition in the database. I'm using the format run in 2019 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Champions_Cup_(All-Ireland)) with a home and away leg. Tested for a few years both in editor and in game, and seems to be working fine. I left the reputation and the existing 40 (out of 200). I'm happy to be corrected, but I believe that this competition can't benefit from dynamic reputation unlike domestic competitions.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/uu84rutjbo9gbi4/All-Ireland_Champions_Cup.fmf/file

Apologies if this isn’t the right place, but I’m looking for

A) a file that has every team in the FA Cup enter in the same round

B) a European wide knockout competition similar to the FA Cup that would be in addition to current European competitions.

Do either of these exist? I’ve looked but haven’t found anything…thanks

Not a request but a question. I'm wanting to make an online career mode using vs mode and each season I need a new database. I can do the teams transfers myself but I was wondering about players ageing, retiring and the stats changing also. Is it possible to change these or these change themselves without being in a save file? Or would it better to have a save file simming and I copy it manually. My main fear of that is missing out a player that may get requested into the game world and he not be updated. How I am doing this is Vs mode for managers to play games, discord for them to organise games and Google sheets for tables, stats etc. I hope this makes sense, tia

Hi everyone

Can someone help me with a database where there is a maximum of 5 foreign players in the squads of all European leagues? 

A bit like the Serie A in the 80's, I think it was a max of 3 foreigner then. 

Thanks a lot. 

After fooling around with the editor for a while, I was able to create a fully working club competition cup for the Slavic eastern European nations. Now the basics of the editor (and maybe a bit more) are understood, and I want to move on to my next project: a club competition cup for the Nordic countries. Before starting this, I would first like to change all competition start and end dates (including fixture dates, transfer windows, etc..) to align with those of 'regular' European nations from August to June, what would be the easiest way to do this? 

Ps. for all those interested, I added my custom cup

Slavia.v2.2.final.fmf

Edited by mauribs
added file

On 08/02/2024 at 09:11, mt90 said:

Can someone create a file? It's gonna be fun. Or how can I create myself?

Over-35s World Cup - set to be hosted in England

Off the top of my head it can be done by essentially copying the existing world cup, creating a new competition in the database for the main cup and the qualifiers and then changing the rules so that only over 35s can be registered!

On 14/01/2024 at 13:19, Babamide Britto said:

Hello Editor Hideaway,

I'm looking to create a promotion system between the top division of the Northern Irish league (sports direct premiership) and the bottom division of the Premier League (vanarama National league) perhaps throw a playoff between the relagating from vanarama and the top team from the Sport direct in Football Manager. Could you please guide me on adjusting the pre-game editor settings for this? Specifically, I need assistance with modifying the promotion settings for the Northern Irish league and the relegation settings for the Premier League.

Thank you!

Not sure this can be done using the In-game format because you can't promote teams from one country in to a league from a different country.

You could move the Northern Ireland Prem in to the English Structure as a Third Division at the Vanarama Regional division level but they would lose the rights ro enter Europe from that division and each team would need to have english nation set. You might be able to trick the game into thinking that the division is still Irish somehow but you could eventually end up with a division that is really small if loads of teams get promoted!

On 07/02/2024 at 19:01, Crespo14 said:

Hi everyone

Can someone help me with a database where there is a maximum of 5 foreign players in the squads of all European leagues? 

A bit like the Serie A in the 80's, I think it was a max of 3 foreigner then. 

Thanks a lot. 

You would need to edit each European League separately! It can be done with different editor files though!

• 1 month later...
On 10/03/2024 at 07:08, nuhsait said:

image.png?ex=65ff4237&is=65eccd37&hm=a7206344d578806f5405303b9bc1defc589203b218a5b5f8e12f11cbab7fc3a0&=image.png?ex=65ff425b&is=65eccd5b&hm=09e2d19783337dcccfa202bf03c447c53764011dedf0d7edba6155d6555c40e3&=

image.png?ex=65ff42a8&is=65eccda8&hm=8f3b2390f1495eff19533a485c85b7d84e63538cac77ef74a8f288cec1c69bc4&=I'm trying to reduce the league from 20 teams to 16 but everytime i got errors

Have you gone to rules for Turkey and done required teams there?

Something I would love to have is files making the South American Apertura/Clausera leagues into annual calendar year leagues.

Currently Colombia, Uruguay, Paraguay and Bolivia have different forms of two-part seasons. I'd much prefer to play them as single calendar year leagues, home and away with the league leaders as the champions and whatever relegation and continental qualification seems appropriate. Basically the same format as Brazil and Argentina.

My eternal gratitude to anyone able to create such a file for each of those countries (order of preference the order in which they are written).

Thank you editors! :brock:

Edited by NineCloudNine

11 hours ago, NineCloudNine said:

Basically the same format as Brazil and Argentina.

Be careful what you wish for. The Argentinian league format is an absolute mess!

I'm planning on doing regular calendar year leagues for South America. I absolutely hate the 2 league format. It's pretty low down on my to-do list though.

27 minutes ago, rusty217 said:

Be careful what you wish for. The Argentinian league format is an absolute mess!

I'm planning on doing regular calendar year leagues for South America. I absolutely hate the 2 league format. It's pretty low down on my to-do list though.

Thank you, yes understood about Argentina, bad example as it’s only a single round-robin, not home/away.

I’d love to see/use the calendar leagues if it is something that makes it to the top of your to-do list. Thanks in advance! :)

Edited by NineCloudNine

On 14/01/2024 at 14:19, Babamide Britto said:

Hello Editor Hideaway,

Thank you!

This is almost impossible to do, you will break the European competition and other things.. but cool idea!

On 15/03/2024 at 19:22, NineCloudNine said:

Thank you, yes understood about Argentina, bad example as it’s only a single round-robin, not home/away.

I’d love to see/use the calendar leagues if it is something that makes it to the top of your to-do list. Thanks in advance! :)

I'm sure I'll get round to them. Trying to finish things off so I can actually start an FM save :D

I'll mostly just be adapting my FM23 versions to FM24, so as long as there haven't been major changes it shouldn't take too long once I get started either.

• 4 weeks later...

Is there anything that makes international comps more playable where players are not too tired to play? Long time issue just wonder if there is anything that makes it even a bit better. 

Good evening! Is there any Database for the Swedish league pyramid? It's a 10-tier huge system, but it's a long time since I cannot find any database to play lower leagues from Sweden in FM.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know of a fantasy Champions League edit based on the early 2010s idea of the North Atlantic Champions League that was floated? It was basically going to be CONCACAF+UEFA, though that really just meant adding the US, Canada, and Mexico. I'm hoping to combine it with owencredible's awesome USA pyramid and take my local team from the bottom step to the champions league. I've tried myself, but when I got to teams that are bumped out of the Champions League dropping into the Europa League equivalent (I think it was going to be called the Atlantica?) my brain broke. Thanks in advance for any help/pointing in the right direction!

15 hours ago, sam.mcwhorter said:

Does anyone know of a fantasy Champions League edit based on the early 2010s idea of the North Atlantic Champions League that was floated? It was basically going to be CONCACAF+UEFA, though that really just meant adding the US, Canada, and Mexico. I'm hoping to combine it with owencredible's awesome USA pyramid and take my local team from the bottom step to the champions league. I've tried myself, but when I got to teams that are bumped out of the Champions League dropping into the Europa League equivalent (I think it was going to be called the Atlantica?) my brain broke. Thanks in advance for any help/pointing in the right direction!

huh, never heard of that before. Don't suppose you have any information about it?

9 hours ago, rusty217 said:

huh, never heard of that before. Don't suppose you have any information about it?

It was floated in the US as a joint federation league champions cup, not sure where it started or if it got anywhere beyond that. I think they were just going to add the CONCACAF nations into the system and bring in more US money while the USSF attempted to build up the MLS. I'll try to find an article, but I'm a bit too young to remember it as anything other than something I heard on ESPN at the barbershop lol.

4 hours ago, affe1802 said:

Unfortunately they have done it and will not update for 24.4 

The opinion on that are divided some says that cause the editor doesn’t updated to 24.4 then the custom data of 24.3 are playable for 24.4 . Is this true ?