FM 16 Beta Plans

With the Beta version hopefully coming at some point next week I just want to know how you guys play it ? Do you simply pick an experimental save or do you pick the main save you want to do and continue it in the full version ? In recent years I've actually started off my main save on the beta version but this time I might just pick a random team to experiment with and do a main season when the full version comes out.

If you pick experimental saves what types of teams do you go for ?

As I create my own team, I generally use the beta for players/tactics/messing around

Last season, I took on a Juventus and Real Madrid save - was interesting with the likes of James/CR7/Bale/Benzema/Kroos all in the starting eleven, and then a formation without wingers

of course, I also loaded up players from weird regions, just to find some hidden gems (Tudorie and Olaza being 2 lesser known decent players that I found)

I always run a short-term save just to check everything out and get used to any of the new features. Usually with Arsenal, and I won't play for more than a couple of months in-game time before hopefully starting a long-term save.

I have no plans and won't be touching the beta.

When the full game comes out, I will probably do some shorter experimental saves to familiarize myself with the new version, but I won't do any long-term careers until the final patch is out in February. Plenty happy with my old FM13 until then...

I will be using beta to help me prepare for full career game save. In particular, I will use fmc to come up with tactical options to start full game with - all tactics in fmc fully fluid, so quicker way of trying things out. I will also work on determining custom layout screens that I want for main save. Apart from this I will be generally exploring FM16 and getting ideas on potential signings, players and coaches in advance of starting main save when full release out.

Tactical testing and assessing the Manchester United squad for any remaining deadwood. Oh, and my favourite past time game of "how much can I mug someone for Wayne Rooney?":D

I used to do this with City, and see how much I could get for Donkey Dzeko! Needless to say, the offers hardly came flooding in!

Mess around with tactics and generally get used to any new features that may be there, look out for any obvious bugs and report them. Just lets hope there are less bugs this time and hopefully when they do an update, it doesn't screw around with other parts of the game. meaning you need 3-4 updates and bug repairs to get it right, it would be nice to play the full game and a new full save a lot earlier this year instead of around december time.

So its almost like nobody starts the Beta as their full game?! I was hoping to do this. Id be gutted if I started off in the beta doing really well and then had to restart it when the full release comes out :(

I think you can start your main save in Beta and it will continue with the release of the main game, it's just when they have to do updates to the ME/game yo will have to tweak a few things, I may be wrong so if anyone can verify this it would be good.

I think you can start your main save in Beta and it will continue with the release of the main game, it's just when they have to do updates to the ME/game yo will have to tweak a few things, I may be wrong so if anyone can verify this it would be good.

Yes, you can do it that way - except any database changes will not be able to be updated once you have started a save. So if they find a database error in the beta which they fix for the full release, you can't import it into beta saves.

Everything else will either be updated immediately (ME changes) or at season update day for things like fixtures etc.

Normally crack straight onto a full career.

This year will just be having a fiddle around with tactics and stuff as I'm using a borrowed laptop which isn't up to much processor wise, until I get my new laptop just after Nov 13th

The last few years I have always started my career save during the beta, and have never had issues. I don't see why you wouldn't. There is very rarely a game breaking bug during beta that can't be fixed via patch anyway.

Come a week from Friday, I'll jump straight in and get to work on FM16.

I've pre-ordered, but it's very possible that I might be away when it comes out & may well only get a week or so with it. So I might just use it for having a look around and trying a couple of things out before starting a save proper when the game proper is released.

I will try and do what I always do: turn Shrewsbury Town into a footballing empire.

The one thing I've always found hard was to consistently stay as the most reputable club in the world. I've never had a problem becoming the richest/most valuable club.

But, hopefully, this is the FM were I remain the most well known and recognisable club in the world!

As I create my own team, I generally use the beta for players/tactics/messing around

Last season, I took on a Juventus and Real Madrid save - was interesting with the likes of James/CR7/Bale/Benzema/Kroos all in the starting eleven, and then a formation without wingers

of course, I also loaded up players from weird regions, just to find some hidden gems (Tudorie and Olaza being 2 lesser known decent players that I found)

So you'll be starting a create-your-own-club save in the beta then? Sounds perfect for what you are looking for!

I will try and do what I always do: turn Shrewsbury Town into a footballing empire.

The one thing I've always found hard was to consistently stay as the most reputable club in the world. I've never had a problem becoming the richest/most valuable club.

But, hopefully, this is the FM were I remain the most well known and recognisable club in the world!

I highly approve of this.

I didn't realise the create-a-club feature would be available in Beta

I was planning on just doing a normal game with the toffees until Christmas-ish, by which point the full release would be almost ready and I can re-create my fictional club from FM Live and start at the bottom tier..

Yes, you can do it that way - except any database changes will not be able to be updated once you have started a save. So if they find a database error in the beta which they fix for the full release, you can't import it into beta saves.

Everything else will either be updated immediately (ME changes) or at season update day for things like fixtures etc.

I think I'll start my main career too like you sufcdan, as the data is already locked; there will be only very minor changes in the terms of data. Others will be applied with an update on the release day. So it is said that "BETA saves are compatible with full game" ;) But of course I hope I do not face too many issues with data of the club I manage (it will be Liverpool). Otherwise I'll surely use BETA to get used to the new game, then start my main career with the launch of full game on Nov 13th.

I used to do this with City, and see how much I could get for Donkey Dzeko! Needless to say, the offers hardly came flooding in!

Had some success in FM14, Bayern always came with 40m in cash upfront which I was more than happy to bite their hand off for. In fact if anyone offered me 40m for Rooney now I would personally deliver him to them in a sealed box with bubble wrap :D

Wouldn't you have to hit continue to get the scout reports lol

Good point lol. I normally set up an excel and just document player value, contract end date, personality etc. it's also a good chance to catch up on all the Global transfers. So much goes on that never reaches UK!

I leave 'proper scouting' until the future release

Good point lol. I normally set up an excel and just document player value, contract end date, personality etc. it's also a good chance to catch up on all the Global transfers. So much goes on that never reaches UK!

I leave 'proper scouting' until the future release

my beta (as presumably we do a similar thing) basically consists of the old 'demo' version, in that I run 6-month variants

in this I'll scout everyone and anyone, in order to find out what value I can sign them for (and what wages they accept)

it's like on FM15, I found that Humam Tariq was available for 600k (anything less would be auto-rejected) and 6k per week in wages (any less would see him join another club)

of course, I'll repeat this a few times with players I like (10m, or 9.75m+friendly?) and see what the least wages I can get away with is (12k per week forced is accepted, 12k per week with negotiation becomes 15k+)

If it's not released next Friday, I plan on giving this forum a WIDE berth. :lol:

If that happens I might have to come across an issue that needs urgent attention & requires me to stay late at the office on a Friday.

About 2 weeks before release. We don't know exactly when yet.

Steam says "....approximately two weeks prior to official release..."

Each pre order has come out two weeks prior, so I'm not worried, but if the beta isn't ready by next Friday, God help me or I may unleash the kraken on this forum.

Steam says "....approximately two weeks prior to official release..."

Each pre order has come out two weeks prior, so I'm not worried, but if the beta isn't ready by next Friday, God help me or I may unleash the kraken on this forum.

No you won't. Not even SI knows yet when it'll be released. They've said it will be around 2 weeks. Might be a little earlier, might be a little later. We don't know.

No you won't. Not even SI knows yet when it'll be released. They've said it will be around 2 weeks. Might be a little earlier, might be a little later. We don't know.

That's great and all, but I was just pointing out the inconsistency depending on who you ask and where you look for beta release dates.

SI says this, Steam says this...HUNT3R says this...blah blah.

Also, do not underestimate the Kraken...

That's great and all, but I was just pointing out the inconsistency depending on who you ask and where you look for beta release dates.

SI says this, Steam says this...HUNT3R says this...blah blah.

There is no inconsistency. Everyone is saying ROUGHLY/ABOUT/APPROXIMATELY 2 weeks before release.

When the release of a beta version become the defacto release date of a full game?

The game will be released on November 13th, that's the only official date that matters.

Archived