Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Harryseaess

Was on a very long bus ride during the match, but glad to see we won. Still a chance for top four, though I guess Liverpool could make that entirely meaningless? Not sure about the rules there, but apart from that possible bombshell, if we win the last two, we have a chance.

City had to win the champions league for that to happen

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was on a very long bus ride during the match, but glad to see we won. Still a chance for top four, though I guess Liverpool could make that entirely meaningless? Not sure about the rules there, but apart from that possible bombshell, if we win the last two, we have a chance.

Liverpool can't do anything to our chances, as City are out.

City drop points and we win our last two and that's it.

It's almost like he's trying to see how close he can get to being sacked without actually getting sacked.

I like the way that after a relatively good, entertaining game that booked tickets to get to a cup final he was inexplicably furious about the refereeing, but after a dire-even-by-this-season's-standards performance against relegation fodder he pronounces himself a happy manager.

its almost like LvG is trying to NOT finish in the top 4.

not just him no one wants it

I know some people are desperate to see us get 4th...good on them

but what do they think happens when we have to play UCL/EPL games, we will suddenly morph into this continental super power with teams quaking in their boots:rolleyes:

we had the easiest group this year(jesus I couldn't have asked for better if I hand picked the opposition)and it was dire, it will be the same next season under him, he will not change he believes he is doing a good job, and keeping him on endorses that

He has bemoaned the fact we have no senior players with flair(eluding to the fact I will bring them in, given a chance) he had di maria who is a top player and fits the bill perfectly for the player we need, we know what happened there...so it will be different next time :idiot:

he has mata and where does he play him???

as someone who has grown up watching us play attacking entertaining football this man has sucked all the joy out of watching Utd I cant forgive him for that, we have a cup final coming up and I am just wondering how is he going to spoil that

lingard in holding role, young lone striker,??? or play 3 holding mids go for pens:D

The would be no point being in the CL with LVG cos we'll get destroyed in the easiest group imaginable again. I want top 4 as it would stop city and pep being in the CL which would be funny. I also hope someone at the club would use some common sense and bring in mourinho regardless.

I want top 4 to bolster our finances. CL football is also required to bring in the kind of players who could improve our squad (Ignoring the fact that LVG would then ruin them).

If we somehow manage to qualify, I'll still be preying that the hierarchy end LVG's term in the summer.

All of them. Adnan is a much better player technically and a better decision maker. Depay's got a better long range shooting game and maybe slightly quicker but that's about it. Depay's been absolute *****.

But Depay is still better. Better than Lingard too. He just has had a difficult season but under a new manager I think you would see a very much different Depay.

Anyone who doesn't want top 4 is daft, plain and simple. Then, it was robbo, so...

Even if we win the FA Cup and get 4th, LVG needs to go, but I am struggling to see us getting rid of him even if we fail on both counts. Seems there is no way he isn't seeing out his last year no matter what.

He's staying next year which i don't understand at all. Even forgetting the results and performances, what's the plan for after next season? He's definitely going after that. It's not like he's built something over the last 2 years and next year we're going to see his master plan. He needs to buy in the summer. But as he's leaving a year later why not just get someone else in with the intention of staying a few years that can buy for the future now rather than having another shambles of a season and come a few months time we have this desperate need for a manager.

Unless Giggs is 100% taking over after next season. That's the only reason i can think of that LVG is still here.

He's staying next year which i don't understand at all. Even forgetting the results and performances, what's the plan for after next season? He's definitely going after that. It's not like he's built something over the last 2 years and next year we're going to see his master plan. He needs to buy in the summer. But as he's leaving a year later why not just get someone else in with the intention of staying a few years that can buy for the future now rather than having another shambles of a season and come a few months time we have this desperate need for a manager.

Unless Giggs is 100% taking over after next season. That's the only reason i can think of that LVG is still here.

No one knows if he is staying. Had Ferguson not been campaigning for Giggs, Jose might already have been confirmed. Think there is every chance he still goes.

Hopefully we've agreed that LvG will move on at the end of the season, if that's the case then we're going about it the right away. We've seen what happened to City when they announced Pep, it's better to minimise distractions until all the games are done and allow LvG the best chance of ending on a high. It's frustrating for fans but immediate gratification of the fanbase isn't the way to run a football club.

If he's here next season... well I just hope we have a good transfer window.

Hopefully we've agreed that LvG will move on at the end of the season, if that's the case then we're going about it the right away. We've seen what happened to City when they announced Pep, it's better to minimise distractions until all the games are done and allow LvG the best chance of ending on a high. It's frustrating for fans but immediate gratification of the fanbase isn't the way to run a football club.

I don't think there was or is any chance of us announcing him leaving before the end of the season. Even if he's going they will announce it after the final (which we've hopefully won) and in a way that makes him look good.

I don't think there was or is any chance of us announcing him leaving before the end of the season. Even if he's going they will announce it after the final (which we've hopefully won) and in a way that makes him look good.

As is proper, it benefits nobody in the long run to do it otherwise.

Also shows how odd our season has been

"Since we went out of the Europa league we have won 7 games, drawn 1 and lost one.

The two games we've dropped points in were against the top two.

We've got to a final and beat the fourth and sixth placed premier league team away from home.

In the last five games of the season in the prem only Leicester have taken more points than us.

In the last ten games in the prem only Leicester have taken more points than us."

Stolen from Redcafe

Well we needed to beat Norwich to put pressure on City and we were atrocious so can't see where this big change in performance is going to come from to beat West Ham

Saying that, could get a lucky win.

That hasn't been guaranteed yet. Utd could still finish 7th and lose the FA Cup final.

Well, we could actually finish 8th if you're genuinely bothered.

Good result for us with City dropping points. Although you know now we are back in with a chance we blow it again. Still, even more amazingly, we are mathematically in with a shot of finishing 3rd, but Arsenal have to play Villa at home, so... :D

How many games did Giggs take charge for?

Never mind. Moyes had 57 points after 34 games. LvG had 59 points after 34 games this season. :D:applause: What is that? £100m a point? Maybe we can beat Leicester if we took out a loan the size of the national debt of a small country.

On paper this summer was a really good window. Darmian, Schneiderlin, Schweingsteiger, Depay and Martial. I dont care how good a window we have this summer, LvG will suck the life and the freedom out of any signing.

Also shows how odd our season has been

"Since we went out of the Europa league we have won 7 games, drawn 1 and lost one.

The two games we've dropped points in were against the top two.

We've got to a final and beat the fourth and sixth placed premier league team away from home.

In the last five games of the season in the prem only Leicester have taken more points than us.

In the last ten games in the prem only Leicester have taken more points than us."

Stolen from Redcafe

It's the nature of those games - I don't think anyone's had too many complaints about the cup ties or the derby, but aside from the shellacking from Spurs there's been abject wins against Everton, Villa and Norwich sides in complete disarray, who sit 16th, 20th and 19th respectively in that same form table. Even taking away the intangible attraction to more attractive, high tempo, positive football; if we come away with three points from our last two games and city draw at Swansea (both feasible scenarios) then games like those will be the legacy of another season lost to goal difference.

we have now scored 44 goals in EPL believe it the lowest return in the current top 10

everton have scored 56 and are outside the top 10

we will get 4th now(and that shows how overrated the prem really is) and this will continue for us next season once again

Amazing that top 4 is now in our hands. We HAVE to beat West Ham tomorrow. My only concern is that if we get top 4 and win the FA Cup that idiot of a manager that we have will no doubt stay, which is a shame, CL football and Mourinho would be great.

This may already have been linked but seen this the other day and thought it was funny. We are the least inept

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/may/05/premier-league-ineptitude-index-2015-16-leicester-city

That's actually a bit interesting, in that it highlights the risk averse playstyle we have now. Shouldn't be terribly surprising that we make few mistakes, but also score few goals. Hopefully we will be more exciting next season, whether LVG stays or not.

Archived