Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Harryseaess

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Again, you don't have to agree with the decision to acknowledge it. He didn't luck into finding Rashford, he took a calculated gamble that may well have cost him his job even though it's somewhat paid off.

Wouldn't say it was a gamble. That implies he had a choice. Who else would he have played instead?

Wouldn't say it was a gamble. That implies he had a choice. Who else would he have played instead?

RvP, Hernandez, Falcao, Welbeck.

Oh no, wait, they aren't here. Because he sold them and gambled on youth. But then you appear to have only read the last comment and missed the entire point of the exchange.

more like forced to because he sold almost everyone

That's kind of the point isn't it? Not the brightest are you?

RvP, Hernandez, Falcao, Welbeck.

Oh no, wait, they aren't here. Because he sold them and gambled on youth. But then you appear to have only read the last comment and missed the entire point of the exchange.

Except he didn't gamble, it was forced on him due to injuries. Quite sure he didn't sell them because he had Rashford waiting in the wings. Only one person missing the point.

Except he didn't gamble, it was forced on him due to injuries. Quite sure he didn't sell them because he had Rashford waiting in the wings. Only one person missing the point.

Why did he sell them then? Because he thought a 19 year old Frenchman and an injury prone 30 year old were going to be fit and firing every game this season? Or maybe... just maybe... did he do what he always does and figure he'd get more out of one of the youth players because he's an egomanic?

Why did he sell them then? Because he thought a 19 year old Frenchman and an injury prone 30 year old were going to be fit and firing every game this season? Or maybe... just maybe... did he do what he always does and figure he'd get more out of a youth player because he's an egomanic?

RVPs legs had gone. Falcao was utter tripe. Chicha missed open goals and Welbz wanted to go

Crikey. LVG has said, several times, that he likes to have a small squad so that the kids can get a chance when there is an opening. The sold forwards weren't exactly pulling up trees either, so it made some sense to sell them (but I would have preferred a strong replacement). So when injuries occurred, as they always do, the young players got their chance. Some took it, others didn't. Rashford is still playing. Quite frankly, it's baffling how people can say he doesn't trust youths. All you have to do is look at the amount of matches they have got, and there's your answer. Compare with other (top) clubs if still not convinced.

RVPs legs had gone. Falcao was utter tripe. Chicha missed open goals and Welbz wanted to go

So you mean he thought he'd get more out of a youth player than he would from the established names? The youth players he played when his apparently light squad was affected?

See where I'm going with this?

Durrrrrrrrrrr...

So you mean he thought he'd get more out of a youth player than he would from the established names? The youth players he played when his apparently light squad was affected?

Durrrrrrrrrrr...

The youth players he was forced to play not gamble on.

Durr back..pathetic..

Durrrrrrrrrrr...

so are you happy LVG will be in charge for at least another year??

Again, you don't have to agree with the decision to acknowledge it. He didn't luck into finding Rashford, he took a calculated gamble that may well have cost him his job even though it's somewhat paid off.

I have acknowledged the decision though, as you said, I don't agree with it. Maybe it was a calculated gamble. Maybe it was a them not being able to bring in a replacement. Either way it put him in a position where he had little choice in the decision to ultimately play Rashford.

The youth players he was forced to play not gamble on.

Forced because he had no other options, because he sold those other options.

Now you're left with three options on why he sold them

a) he forgot about the concept of injuries

b) he isn't in charge of selling players

c) he wasn't happy with the options and thought he'd get better contributions from the kids.

You're free to believe whatever you like, but one of those is a little bit more likely than the others.

I have acknowledged the decision though, as you said, I don't agree with it. Maybe it was a calculated gamble. Maybe it was a them not being able to bring in a replacement. Either way it put him in a position where he had little choice in the decision to ultimately play Rashford.

Not "it", "he".

He put himself into that position and he's done it before a few times in his career. That's the definition of a gamble. Personally I think it was a stupid one and I'd happily trade Rashford's career for a top class striker but if I want to blame LvG for that then you have to give him credit for the kids who do well.

Forced because he had no other options, because he sold those other options.

Now you're left with three options on why he sold them

a) he forgot about the concept of injuries

b) he isn't in charge of selling players

c) he wasn't happy with the options and thought he'd get better contributions from the kids.

You're free to believe whatever you like, but one of those is a little bit more likely than the others.

d- deluded/incompetent /arrogant/out of touch

Not "it", "he".

He put himself into that position and he's done it before a few times in his career. That's the definition of a gamble. Personally I think it was a stupid one and I'd happily trade Rashford's career for a top class striker but if I want to blame LvG for that then you have to give him credit for the kids who do well.

Fair point. Like I said I also thought it was a stupid decision, but I am happy that Rashford, Fosu-Mensah etc have been as good as they have when played.

Fair point. Like I said I also thought it was a stupid decision, but I am happy that Rashford, Fosu-Mensah etc have been as good as they have when played.

Makes you wonder why only one is playing tonight? Must be because he believes in youth...oh...

Makes you wonder why only one is playing tonight? Must be because he believes in youth...oh...

I'm the last person you should be asking what goes through the mind of one Louis van Gaal. But maybe he fears for his job knowing fully well what will happen if he doesn't get us to 4th. And maybe this is the best team he thinks he can succeed with. But, like I said, idk.

That's not an explanation

see teams have shots/clear gut chances(I know its hard to understand as we are not used to that) and west ham have had lots of chances that should have been taken...we haven't, which is unusual

I am surprised he hasn't brought on a FB

Archived