Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Harryseaess

Would set things up perfectly for all 3 teams to end on 71 points and us losing 4th place because of our pathetic goal difference at least. Would also mean it's all in our own hands if City - Arsenal game gets any winner though. Or we could just score 4-5 in all remaining games. All very likely to happen of course. :p

If Southampton win and we win today then we will be 4th if we win our last 3 games.

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really good half that. 1-1 probably deserved so far as both teams have gone for it and created chances, but very frustrating to concede such a stupidly easy goal. Not the only time Rojo hasn't bothered to mark either.

Wish we had played like this more often. But Spurs aside, we've actually not been too bad recently. Need to win today to stand a realistic chance of 4th, and this game can definitely tip both ways if it continues with such tempo in the 2nd half.

If Southampton win and we win today then we will be 4th if we win our last 3 games.

You're right. If City win and we win it's set up for the 71p scenario. Thought City had 4 games left for some reason.

That means any winner in the City - Arsenal match will give us 4th place if we win the rest then (no matter what City do tonight). Amazing all things considering. But we won't win all 4 anyways.

Poor second half overall (how often have we said this?), but clearly we should have won if the ref hadn't robbed us of a stonewall penalty. Will those 2 points decide non-CL football for us? Definitely need to win the rest now, to stand any chance at all.

Much better first half, much of the 2nd was back to old sins. However, with a competent ref we would have won that. Well, unless Rooney had blown the penalty wide again :D

Wouldn't have minded Mahrez in our squad, that's for sure. Lingard had a really good first half, but as usual disappeared in the 2nd, but somebody like Mahrez would be an upgrade.

Really good first half, but slacked off in the second half again though still had good moments in it. Really enjoyable match either way, could have easily gone either way.

Fellaini was brilliant today, but even when he has a cracker he ruins it by chucking his elbows around like a stupid ****er again. He'll miss the last 3 due to that I expect.

It is top 4 all but gone, though, which is a bit w4nk.

Wouldn't have minded Mahrez in our squad, that's for sure. Lingard had a really good first half, but as usual disappeared in the 2nd, but somebody like Mahrez would be an upgrade.

You don't say? :D

2-0 Southampton! :thup:

Doesn't really make much difference now does it? City would have to lose at home to Arsenal and drop points against Swansea

LvG pulled the hair of a reporter interviewing him... And people are worried about Mourinho's antics ffs :D

Wasn't really a pull to be fair from the clip I've seen.

Doesn't really make much difference now does it? City would have to lose at home to Arsenal and drop points against Swansea

Wasn't really a pull to be fair from the clip I've seen.

City will be on a maximum of 70 if they lose today won't they? We can get a maximum of 69. Us win all 3 (ha!) and City drawing would be enough wouldn't it?

Well that was a poor performance. We started well but the last 70 minutes we just got worse and worse. If the scores hadnt been on the screen in that second half i would have thought we were winning comfortably as we were just strolling about passing it left to right without a care in the world.

We really needed to win this and we shouldnt let a bad refereeing decision that robbed us of a penalty from masking what was a typical LvG performance. He must go in the summer and i'm so worried he wont.

Southampton may beat City and keep the faint glimmer alive but i fully expect to struggle against Norwich and lose to West Ham. We could well end up 6th when all is said and done.

City will be on a maximum of 70 if they lose today won't they? We can get a maximum of 69. Us win all 3 (ha!) and City drawing would be enough wouldn't it?

It would be enough but once they go out against Real I can't see them dropping the points required against both Arsenal at home and Swansea.

Well they've just pulled one back, they'll draw at least vs Arsenal at home and beat Swansea comfortably.

Far too much to do on our part with just three games left.

And that won't be enough (if we lose today) and you win all 3.

We've also been dreadful away all season. Hopefully we can nab 3 points against Norwich, but West Ham will be very tough. Can't expect them to be as "off" as they were in the FA Cup match again. We needed to win today to stand a realistic chance. And we would have done so hadn't Oliver been blind as a bat.

Actually thought you played decent today. Thought LVG got his tactics pretty much spot on, sitting deep against us to prevent our counter-attacking, exploiting the left-flank as Mahrez doesn't track back, so doubling up on Simpson, closing down our midfield quickly to stop us (Drinkwater) launching counter-attacks.

Thought you did very well.

Actually thought you played decent today. Thought LVG got his tactics pretty much spot on, sitting deep against us to prevent our counter-attacking, exploiting the left-flank as Mahrez doesn't track back, so doubling up on Simpson, closing down our midfield quickly to stop us (Drinkwater) launching counter-attacks.

Thought you did very well.

Played decently well but a front 3 with 110 top flight games between them (80 on 1 player) just isn't going to score all that many goals.

Point gained on City then, knew they'd struggle today away at Southampton. Not out of it yet.

United's only potential slip up should be against West Ham. Norwich and Bournemouth should both be 3 points although we've seen them mess that up before. If Arsenal beat Man City next week (who have the game on the back of a trip to Madrid) then it should really be in United's hands.

Just watched the Fellaini elbow incident as only saw the elbowing part of it before. Still stupid, but can see why he did it. If you're going to grab completely hold of someones hair like that you can't really complain much when he elbows you hard in your face. Still a ban, but would be nice to see Huth get something for it as well, if only for the ****** of act of yanking someones head back by their hair.

Just watched the Fellaini elbow incident as only saw the elbowing part of it before. Still stupid, but can see why he did it. If you're going to grab completely hold of someones hair like that you can't really complain much when he elbows you hard in your face. Still a ban, but would be nice to see Huth get something for it as well, if only for the ****** of act of yanking someones head back by their hair.

ban both but F man has got away with dozens this season so long overdue

Can't see us beating West Ham away in the last game for them at Upton Park but then again I didn't think we'd win there in the cup but we did.

We'll beat Norwich and Bournemouth.

that sounds about right, but every time we get in a position to do something we revert back to playing pants so might see us and city keep tripping up with city, madrid should put them out so they only have league to be involved in and IF they beat arse on weekend that's 4th gone for us

going to miss the press conferences comedy gold

Van Gaal pulling Geoff Shreeves' hairThe Manchester United boss then says it's allowed in "sex maschoism"

"Every human being who is grabbed by the hair, only with sex masochism, then it is allowed but not in other situations. They did it. They did it several times I think.

"Huth was the guy who grabbed the hair of Fellaini. I think the reaction of Fellaini is like a human being. He is always like that.":D

I hope Fellaini gets a ban just to break up this god awful Carrick-Fellaini partnership and for no other reason. Seeing a midfield triangle of Carrick-Fellaini-Rooney with Schneiderlin-Herrera-Mata on the bench really gets to me. Leicester are mobile and quick on the counter and the one thing people have struggled to do in an attacking sense is pull them out of their defensive shape. Todays line up and game plan smacked of Moyes against Fulham where we pumped 80+ crosses into the box for their 6'5 centre half.

Today needed craft and guile not crosses into the box. Its not rocket science.

I hope Fellaini gets a ban just to break up this god awful Carrick-Fellaini partnership and for no other reason. Seeing a midfield triangle of Carrick-Fellaini-Rooney with Schneiderlin-Herrera-Mata on the bench really gets to me. Leicester are mobile and quick on the counter and the one thing people have struggled to do in an attacking sense is pull them out of their defensive shape. Todays line up and game plan smacked of Moyes against Fulham where we pumped 80+ crosses into the box for their 6'5 centre half.

Today needed craft and guile not crosses into the box. Its not rocket science.

yep it smacked of moyes as you say, didn't see warm up but commentators where I am said LVG just had everyone hitting high long balls to fellaini standing towards back stick(hoof) I hope he gets a ban talking 3 games so that would be league games, LVG brings him back for final

here is run in for teams vying for 3rd/4th place

Saturday May 7

Norwich v Man Utd

West Ham v Swansea

Sunday May 8

Liverpool v Watford

Man City v Arsenal

Tuesday May 10

West Ham v Man Utd

Wedesday May11

Liverpool v Chelsea

Sunday May 15

Arsenal v Aston Villa

Man Utd v Bournemouth

Stoke v West Ham

Swansea v Man City

West Brom v Liverpool

can see hammers finishing above us, they have a much better goal diff and the game against us should decide it

Cameron Borthwick-Jackson u21s player of the year. Don't really agree with that, should have been James Weir, but CBJ's first team exploits have made him more well known so people have just voted for him

yep seen a lot of u21's CBJ gets it due to first team performances, I would have gone for weir or TFM

no probs with smalling

Archived