Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Harryseaess

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just get tired of his soundbites.

No.one is meant to be bigger than the club yet, according to LVG, if someone does something right or scores a goal it's only because he told them to do it training. He can't just give praise.

If something's wrong it has nothing to with him.

You're basically describing Mourinho here

Worse, what is worse than spending £200m to be on 59 points and out of the CL in the group stage?

Yeah Moyes was still worse.

And I see it mentioned all the time but fail to see what the money spent has anything to do with it. The squad was in need of new players and most of the fees are for the potential of the players. If this group wins the CL in 3 years time the cost won't matter.

Because from approx £300m spent, the squad isn't that much better off, and there are still glaring problems in the building of the squad that are still way off being addressed that should have been addressed by now. And there is absolutely no way this group wins the CL in 3 seasons. We only do that by making another few key signings in the right areas.

I've said before, as poor as Moyes did, LVG is doing a worse job considering where we are in his second season, with the money he has spent.

What annoys me about people saying he's spent whatever amount of money is that they're only talking about that, what he's spent.

They include buying di Maria but not selling him. We've also sold a few other players for a few million each. I'd much rather the figure be net spend.

Want net spend Harry, the figure is not that pretty when you look at what we got back from our sales. Only Di Maria went for anything more than peanuts and we still lost nearly £15m on him.

Don't get me wrong here, I'm not defending him at all. I'm just saying that when people quote £250m it's out of order not taking in to account sales.

Not when he is the one that has deemed them not good enough, no.

Could I say that "despite a gross transfer income of however many million pounds", LvG has managed to keep us competitive for a top four place and in the running for the FA cup? I mean, we are allowed to do the black and white both ways, right? We can praise LvG for keeping us where we are despite selling players for tens of millions of pounds?

You could but you'd be as misguided as LVG. He's sold players for "tens" of millions who he hasn't deemed good enough for us whilst bought 250+ million worth of talent in. So no, you can't praise him for keeping us competitive.

The original point was about the criticism he receives for spending that amount of money and doing terribly. It has nothing to do with the bank account or finances, it's that he's been given the opportunity to spend a quarter of a billion pounds on players and has done sod all with it.

£200m, £250m or £300m which one is it?

Actually its £164 million when you take into account LVG didn't actually sign Shaw and Herrera. His net spend is £65m, not to mention the £25m or so a season on wages. His net is a whopping £15m :D

You could but you'd be as misguided as LVG. He's sold players for "tens" of millions who he hasn't deemed good enough for us whilst bought 250+ million worth of talent in. So no, you can't praise him for keeping us competitive.

The original point was about the criticism he receives for spending that amount of money and doing terribly. It has nothing to do with the bank account or finances, it's that he's been given the opportunity to spend a quarter of a billion pounds on players and has done sod all with it.

Okay, just wanted to make sure we can only talk about the black and not the white :thup:

I mean, never mind the fact that we're leaving out the opportunity of bashing him for the players he's sold and making the actual squad a lot weaker than it was when he took over. I must obviously have been focusing on how he's doing for our financials, silly of me to not cotton on to that myself, really. Carry on, as you were

It's the same dance again. We don't know jack about what goes on at Carrington, how he interacts with players, whether they truly like him and respect him or not. But our results have been cack. So when we're not talking about that directly, we laugh at him for small niggles like a badly phrased sentence in a press conference, or sitting down during matches, or standing up during matches, or falling down during matches, or the clipboard he writes on during matches, or any number of insignificant things.

Not exactly throwing Rashford under the bus when comparing him with a young Kluivert. Reckon LVG is actually in agreement with us, that Rashford isn't ready to lead the line for Manchester United as the starter already now, and we should be looking for a top striker in the summer.

More fun to laugh at him though.

£200m, £250m or £300m which one is it?

Actually its £164 million when you take into account LVG didn't actually sign Shaw and Herrera. His net spend is £65m, not to mention the £25m or so a season on wages. His net is a whopping £15m :D

If those numbers are correct then it speaks volumes about how the media twist things.

We better bloody win today, I'm having to drive because there are no trains back after the game, it's a joke. Apparently Virgin told the FA that works were taking place on this weekend 18 months ago but the FA don't give a ****. Bring back Villa Park semis, Wembley is ***** anyway.

Would anyone here forgive LvG if he got a CL place and won the FA Cup? Personally I wouldn't and would still want him to go but I am interested in others opinions.

No, he's awful and needs to leave. How such a charismatic man can play such boring football is beyond me.

Wembley should be for the final only

Definitely. Devalues finals and that special Wembley feeling.

lets hope its not the last time we see that :D

Let's hope it is. I want to see Rashford next season too. And I have hope of others youngsters playing for us over the next 3 years.

For all the talk of crap football under LVG, it's baffling that people want Mourinho. If people want to see good offensive football, that's about the last manager on the planet you should be clamouring for.

Mourinho isn't a negative manager in general, his sides frequently play really good stuff. It's just he's too quick to park the bus when confidence is low or the team is tired. It's a lack of bravery that's the issue, he's perfectly capable of producing teams that play good football.

Mourinho isn't a negative manager in general, his sides frequently play really good stuff. It's just he's too quick to park the bus when confidence is low or the team is tired. It's a lack of bravery that's the issue, he's perfectly capable of producing teams that play good football.

Sakho been sharing the goods then?

Thats my issue. Whatever LvG sees in Fellaini i just dont. Should be Schneiderlin or Herrera at the side of Carrick.

It should be Schneiderlin and Herrera instead of Fellaini and Carrick. And Mata instead of Rooney.

Apart from Rooney for Herrera it's the same team as away to West Ham, and that didn't go too badly. That said, no guarantees we will play well (again), and I find it odd that Schneiderlin plays so little. Herrera I can understand because he's not been very good. Hopefully it will be sort of a midfield 3 with Carrick-Fellaini-Rooney, because a more typical central pair in Carrick and Fellaini will be awfully slow.

Hopefully Everton continues to be crap.

Sakho been sharing the goods then?

Apparently, since you must have missed the 120 goal season at Real Madrid and Chelsea battering everyone at the start of last season. Just the second top scorers in the league, scoring 3 or more in more than a quarter of their games...

Don't worry Pan, nobody is surprised when you're factually incorrect anymore.

Apart from Rooney for Herrera it's the same team as away to West Ham, and that didn't go too badly. That said, no guarantees we will play well (again), and I find it odd that Schneiderlin plays so little. Herrera I can understand because he's not been very good. Hopefully it will be sort of a midfield 3 with Carrick-Fellaini-Rooney, because a more typical central pair in Carrick and Fellaini will be awfully slow.

Hopefully Everton continues to be crap.

What? I would rather have him instead of any of our midfielders.

Apparently, since you must have missed the 120 goal season at Real Madrid and Chelsea battering everyone at the start of last season. Just the second top scorers in the league, scoring 3 or more in more than a quarter of their games...

Don't worry Pan, nobody is surprised when you're factually incorrect anymore.

Aaaah, that's cute. Trying to be authoritarian with statements like that. Is this a new form of calling people idiots then? At least you're evolving. Sort of.

Let's just ignore virtually Mourinho's entire career then. I'm sure he'll change massively if he becomes the United manager.

:lol:

Aaaah, that's cute. Trying to be authoritarian with statements like that. Is this a new form of calling people idiots then? At least you're evolving. Sort of.

Let's just ignore virtually Mourinho's entire career then. I'm sure he'll change massively if he becomes the United manager.

:lol:

I thought I'd mix it up a little bit since I'm sure you're called an idiot on such a regular basis.

Keep bashing Herrera and whatever other nonsense agendas you've come up with this week though :lol:

That and evolving clearly doesn't mean what you think it does.

Archived