Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Harryseaess

3-0 loss to spurs is an acceptable result nowadays with the low standards set by LVG/Woodward. We need a 5-0 loss minimum for them to even doubt themselves.
As expected, LVG seems to think that performance was acceptable judging by the interview. It's not even a joke anymore, I knew 3-0 loss was acceptable by his standards.
We needed at least a 5-0 loss. 3-0 loss is an acceptable result for our low standards nowadays (confirmed by LVG's interview today)

fs, how have you guys not hunted Sid down and strung him up yet? :D

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

said it months ago LVG should take this act onto the circuit its comedy gold

he can finish the performance with the classic gag'.........''and then I brought on young but kept martial and mata on the wings, lingard at 10....and here's the punch line I played young as the lone striker'':lol::lol::lol:

next week its lingard holding rojo up top and my captain is back so he can be LB

never mind another day nearer to a new manager

this re-spurs from LVG after game "I think that in the balance we are still ahead," he said

perhaps in dutch the table reads differently

the only positive is TFM is going to be a beast his performances for U21 have been top draw he is a powerful young man and doesn't look out of place in the first team ....however he might find himself playing 9/10 soon:rolleyes:

I cant believe some are still defending THE SELF SERVING BLUFFER some posts are stating he moved deadwood out to promote youth ....that is not he case he has given lots of youth a go that is correct but not by design its due to the injuries and the fact he moved too many established players out

he did not initially give youth a go eg he has stuck with rooney when he could have used a rashford earlier lets see what happens when rooney is back??

he has had no choice lately either play the kids or take the pitch without 11 players

the constant attempts at putting square pegs in round holes is now farcical ......it sums up the arrogance/ ineptitude of the man he will keep on doing it over and over just because he is in charge :seagull:

hammers up next might manage a shot on goal???

Mr Levy will be breathing a huge sigh of relief how he/spurs dodged the Dutch Genius

Kane would be third choice LB and Alli would be RB;)

Darmian was absolutely tragic today when he came on.

Sickening the way that the team just collapsed as well.

LvG is begging for the sack but Dick'Ed won't sack him. At least until the end of the season. Good god, we can't have this fool in charge next season.

We could have salvaged something from this season if Ed had the balls to sakc him in December, Louis wanted to go then but he's still in charge. :mad:

TFM was class today. 18 years old he was the clue at the back for us. 0-0 when he goes off. Darmian comes on, 3-0.

No communication at all from Smalling and Blind that lef to their first goal. Two seasoned pros. Awful.

I grew up watching us well before we were successful and I don't mind us losing at all but I was used to see a playing style that was entertaining and the players gave their all, at times it was too gung ho and we got picked off easily but give me that any day of the week than this rubbish

Darmian was absolutely tragic today when he came on.

Sickening the way that the team just collapsed as well.

LvG is begging for the sack but Dick'Ed won't sack him. At least until the end of the season. Good god, we can't have this fool in charge next season.

We could have salvaged something from this season if Ed had the balls to sakc him in December, Louis wanted to go then but he's still in charge. :mad:

TFM was class today. 18 years old he was the clue at the back for us. 0-0 when he goes off. Darmian comes on, 3-0.

No communication at all from Smalling and Blind that lef to their first goal. Two seasoned pros. Awful.

Is Jose still being rejected by many Utd fans and important figures at the club?

You don't speak for everyone, scott. I wanted Moyes ahead of Mourinho and I said that at the time.

I still don't want Mourinho either. Does that mean I want LVG to stay? Not at all.

Was having a look yesterday, if LVG doesn't win both of the next two games, he can at best only match the tally Moyes got in his 34 games in his only season before being sacked.

To me that is undoubtedly a sign that we are regressing. LVG's second season and he has spent around £300m yet he is at best doing equal to Moyes in his first/only season. And that is in a league that is overall worse than 2 years back.

I can only assume that LVG is still in charge on name alone. It is still very conceivable that we finish as low as 7th, behind Liverpool and West Ham, as much as it is scraping fourth ahead of City. Hell, you could maybe even throw Southampton in there as a threat to overtake us. LVG is breaking all kinds of anti-records, unless we score 19 goals in our last 6 games, we will have our lowest goal tally in the Premier League era, but even back in 04-05 when we scored 58 we still had a GD of +32. Everything about his time at the club has been miserable, and any small plus points have been outdone by 4 or 5 marks against him.

Jose was never rejected by the fans..

we would rather have had him instead of Moyes

Only the ones who understood football and this club. There are a few who are still against Mourinho.

Some idiots seem to think he doesn't play good football. I really don't know where it comes from as he plays brilliant football and a great style of play which generates success.

Sky sources: Zlatan Ibrahimovic would be willing to join United next season if van Gaal leaves.

Not sure how I feel if this is true. He's 34 but his contract is up so he'd be available for free. I would be against it if there was a fee involved but don't see how you can't want him for free even if we only got a season out of him. It would also mean van Gaal leaving, so it's harder not to want this to be true and happen.

Jose and Ibrahimovic? Might as well give us the title now :D

Wouldn't be the signing I'd want, but wouldn't be unhappy about it. I bit of quality in that department would be nice.

It's more to do with the wording that I would be unsure. To hear he is 'willing' to join us doesn't exactly sound like he would be excited to do so. But it probably means he would happily join us but is only willing to do so if LVG fecks off.

It would mean nothing long term though, he isn't going to come in and we ship out Rooney or anything like that.

Bumped in to Blind and Lingard a few hours ago, they weren't in a good mood.

Did you run over their dog?

Isn't Zlatan supposed to be MLS bound the year after next so would only be a 1 year thing - probably why he's not overly bothered either way (I presume PSG would be willing to keep him another year as well)

Of course he wants to join us, his agent has touted his wages around and no one is biting so he makes bedroom eyes at the team that is desperate for any world class player that seems within reach.

He is better than what we have and better than any we have ever had in that position in the premier league years but....signing him means we put off getting a decent long term striker for another summer and it looks like a few could be available.

Of course he wants to join us, his agent has touted his wages around and no one is biting so he makes bedroom eyes at the team that is desperate for any world class player that seems within reach.

He is better than what we have and better than any we have ever had in that position in the premier league years but....signing him means we put off getting a decent long term striker for another summer and it looks like a few could be available.

who's available?

That's actually good to hear. They shouldn't be jolly after a loss like that.

spot on and some papers stating there were a few players openly criticising the tactics after the game and there was an argument between management and some players, looking at the team that finished I cant see any of them having a go(they don't on the field:D)

just found that sky where I am have pulled the game v hammers(It was showing up until yesterday!!!) and when I phoned them they said they couldn't show it due to rights issues with champions league/the deal they signed stated they cant show any other live footy at same time as UCL games......so I don't know if its good or bad news I wont get to see the game live;)

Just so we're clear - we're not having Falcao as the best striker in the world any more, right?

RSB you slay me.

You could lift some of these comments and they are like for like replicas of the Falcao ones. A couple acknowledged his injury but otherwise it was the same

Don't start the Falcao self-congratulations without me guys!

Ibra is a different proposition altogether of course. Not sure how many players have their best season ever at 34. Unless there's a standout candidate that's available and I can't really think of one Ibra is the best option, especially as it's only a year.

Don't start the Falcao self-congratulations without me guys!

Ibra is a different proposition altogether of course. Not sure how many players have their best season ever at 34. Unless there's a standout candidate that's available and I can't really think of one Ibra is the best option, especially as it's only a year.

How old was Teddy Sheringham in 99?

Archived