Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.3.0

But nothing is in the rulebook about what UEFA would do in that situation, it was assumed after the Europa winners were told they'd get a CL place that a country could have 6 clubs in the CL, UEFA haven't said anything to convince us that assumption is wrong, therefore I imagine SI will keep to their initial interpretation of the rules.

It's such an unlikely situation anyway :p

There was a debate about the 6th potential team on one of the podcast I listen to, it was on last year (might have been the Guardian's podcast), and they were discussing about what would happen in that scenario and how perhaps UEFA don't even know themselves.

Next season's rulebook is not on UEFA's website, however:

http://www.uefa.org/about-uefa/executive-committee/news/newsid=1956131.html

UEFA Europa League winners into the Play-Off Round, with the top ranked place in the access list, so if Champions League winners also win a Group Stage place via their league then they get a group spot.

Maximum raised to 5, with no reference to any other change of that part of the rule. Therefore, the 4th place team would miss out in the 6 team scenario.

Interestingly, also mentioned is the maximum of three entrants in the Europa League. In the above scenario, that would presumably kill of the Capital One Cup winning Europa League place.

Matters not; the regulations will be published in full before FM 2016.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not according to this guy, and therein lies the challenge :)

I totally understand there are so many leagues, so many types of clubs to manage, so there are a insane amount of variables in this game just by picking a club to manage and a league to manage in before you throw players and tactics into the mix. So I get that people playing different clubs at different levels will be seeing different results, that stands to reason :)

So this isn't a rant or complaint, just a observation and a question - do you think 54 shots is a realistic amount for a international fixture even given the discrepancy of the quality of players? and is it my tactic which has produced this?

o3ksHI8.jpg

After the last update, my players just stand and float around the pitch with their arms out like robots. Before the update they jump, run and hhave pretty good movement. What has happend?! It's just my save who are like this, because i can not see anyone else who posted this earlier. The hole matchexperince has been ruined. It's not nice to whatch this anymore.

Can someone help me with an explanation what this can be????!!!!

We have people posting screenies of 40/50 shots in matches as well. I have CB on stopper duty+ close down more/tight mark and it doesn't help at all, and they do is backpeddle and remain extremely passive. You're basically in for it and sitting duck when the opposition adopts an attacking stance. Changing the mentality to attacking , uping the tempo, and utilizing a high d-line did not help things either. For me, it's obvious that not much has been done to rectify this defensive problem. There's no mention of closing down fixes in the patch notes as well.

We have people saying there are less shots (including one poster who usefully logged a bug report with appropriate evidence prior to this update) and a couple of images showing a lot of shots. As ever, the Match Engine responds to its inputs. If you generate a lot of shots, it isn't necessarily the fault of the ME. Unless SI choose to add some constrictive layer of intelligence which suppresses high shot counts, then they will still be possible. In cases where that occurs, it does not mean it is the prevalent experience of all posters. If you played my save, you'd be crying out for more shots :D

So this isn't a rant or complaint, just a observation and a question - do you think 54 shots is a realistic amount for a international fixture even given the discrepancy of the quality of players? and is it my tactic which has produced this?

My view is that 54 shots in a match in general is far too many - especially if it happens regularly, but I'm pragmatic enough to accept this is a computer game where the output is dependent on the inputs. The Netherlands have two aggressive full backs and four forward players in and around the box. It depends a lot on who the opposition were too - if they sat back and absorbed pressure, it's not unfathomable that Robben and co felt obliged to fire in shots from range against a defensive side. It's all conjecture of course - impossible to determine from just that image.

Anyone who feels they are either struggling to generate shots on goal, or seeing too many shots on goal, please feel free to report it here and we will look into it: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/447-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks

Extensive soak testing shows that the numbers of shots on goal we have in the latest ME matches very closely with real life levels, with discrepancies of roughly 1-2 shots per game either way.

Right shots have now settled down for me, I suspect some kind of bad response from my team after the Real Madrid match (we were dominated in that one, 50 shots was not too much for how bad we were!). 23, 20, 20, and 24 shots in the last 4 matches I have played, which is much more normal for me. Between 12 and 5 for my opponents. This is why you should not extrapolate from a small sample size =P. It does not help that I am at the time of the season where we are close to winning the league, so my team is playing like a bunch of nervous wrecks until we score a goal!

I will leave off any further analysis until the next season, when we will have fewer influences of such intangible things!

My view is that 54 shots in a match in general is far too many - especially if it happens regularly, but I'm pragmatic enough to accept this is a computer game where the output is dependent on the inputs. The Netherlands have two aggressive full backs and four forward players in and around the box. It depends a lot on who the opposition were too - if they sat back and absorbed pressure, it's not unfathomable that Robben and co felt obliged to fire in shots from range against a defensive side. It's all conjecture of course - impossible to determine from just that image.

This I think was the reason I saw 50 shots. I scored an early away goal against Real in a knock-out game as PSV... So I naturally sat back more, and we did not concede until the 60th minute or so (and then conceded 4). They were getting pretty frustrated and shooting from everywhere. As soon as they scored they got confidence, and my defence fell apart. They certainly do not have that many shots in the course of a regular match. Basically, I got it wrong and it was my tactics ={.

does anyone know why these aren't available this year? always been possible to start in Belarus in feb 2015, always loved that, been able to start a new game just after the transfer window closed

tweeted asking miles why this isn't available this year, he must be off having a well deserved pint :)

You probably just need to adapt your tactics to the new ME.

Agreed. It's an unpopular response, but the ME has undergone extensive work since the last update and a lot of things have changed as a result. My advice is to try and see why your fortunes have reversed, and adjust accordingly. If you need specific advice englandmanager, please post lots of detail in the Tactics forum, and we'll see what we can muster :thup:

i'm losing 1 nil or 2 nil but getting 3 goals ruled offside most games and hitting the woodwork 3 times or more, it's obviously not the tactics just the new update

An interesting hypothesis. If you want help, please ask for it in the appropriate sub-forum. Maybe you have attacking players being caught offside and need to reduce Mentality? Maybe you hit the woodwork a lot because your tempo is high and your players aren't panicking? Impossible to say without details.

An interesting hypothesis. If you want help, please ask for it in the appropriate sub-forum. Maybe you have attacking players being caught offside and need to reduce Mentality? Maybe you hit the woodwork a lot because your tempo is high and your players aren't panicking? Impossible to say without details.

i appreciate the help but i don't like it at all, how can my keeper go from conceding very little in 15.2.1 to dropping balls and letting attackers tap it in when his handling is 18?, what tactic can i use to tell him to catch the ball? like in 15.2.1

i appreciate the help but i don't like it at all, how can my keeper go from conceding very little in 15.2.1 to dropping balls and letting attackers tap it in when his handling is 18?, what tactic can i use to tell him to catch the ball? like in 15.2.1

Because defending isn't all about the keeper? Because perhaps you are set up in a way which was secure before the update and is now exposed? Goalkeepers are generally improved in terms of reactions to follow ups etc. and no changes have been made to their handling. Maybe you are misreading too small a sample of games? Goalkeeping is about more than just a Handling stat of 18 anyway.

If you want specific advice, please seek it in the appropriate forum. It's fine to bemoan a downturn in fortunes, but if you do so without aiming to address it in a logical way, it kind of takes the edge off it a bit.

does anyone know why these aren't available this year? always been possible to start in Belarus in feb 2015, always loved that, been able to start a new game just after the transfer window closed

tweeted asking miles why this isn't available this year, he must be off having a well deserved pint :)

anyone???

I had hoped the view in the tactical selection was made better. Mainly this made me quit the game last year. Unfortunately it's now even worse.

Sometimes player value can be seen under fitness and player position under player name and so on. Picking an extra info (clicking the plus sign) either makes other info totally disappear or doesn't appear itself. I tried to add match fitness and two other infos disappeared. Also under match fitness for some players their value was shown. For other players their match fitness was shown :confused:

Sometimes it helps clicking a player or clicking another view. But I can't see any symmetry in this. Sometimes it all just mess up.

Oh well, maybe the ME is better. I'll try that as soon as I am able to figure out picking the right players for the right position. Right now it's a mess. I'm playing FMC if that makes a difference... Or maybe I should just quit FM this year. Haven't been happy about the game this year...

After the last update, my players just stand and float around the pitch with their arms out like robots. Before the update they jump, run and hhave pretty good movement. What has happend?! It's just my save who are like this, because i can not see anyone else who posted this earlier. The hole matchexperince has been ruined. It's not nice to whatch this anymore.

Can someone help me with an explanation what this can be????!!!!

Just playing for the first time since the update and I'm getting this as well... Anyone else seeing this?

I posted about this already. Thought it was a bug but don't think it is, more like poor implementation.

Yeah it seems poor implementation, it was not like this before I am pretty sure of that.

I think I did have my assistant set to control it but I always micromanaged certain players, basically the young players that had a future at the club and the other players I would just leave to the assistant.

Something must have surely changed in the update, maybe someone at SI can clear this up and say if it is 'working as intended'.

• SI Staff

Did you have the MLS selected when trying to do this?

Anyone else having problems getting .tac-files working in the game? Only .fmf-files are showing in the Archived Tactics-menu.
Yes! I can't find any either.

Not just me then. Must be a fix for this somehow??

researchers went hard about injury proweness on quite alot of high potential players, (i.E. half of best young defenders have from 10 to 17 injury proweness), not a bug really but i expect some headaches during a whole season as those kind of ratings you can expect players out for half a season, i know players like Varane or Shaw are injury prone but if you check their irl injury history its far from what s happening in game, fun breaking aspect indeed

In the week of gameplay with 15.3, I have had SIX reserve and U18 players request chats with me about their lack of playing time. I've never seen such a cluster of these requests before. I'm hoping that this is just 15.3 balancing something new and it'll soon stop. The last one was on a non-contract basis - I said I'd try to find him a loan spell as soon as possible, which he was very happy about. The next day he walked out of the club.

I'm hoping my keeper just had an exceptionally bad game in the one I've played so far, and that it's not indicative of things to come:

. I certainly don't see any improvement in reactions after a save for the third, and quite what he was doing with the first two...

That clip also includes one of mine (the 3rd goal). What you can't see in the replay is that my player Cole goes down with no-one literally within 5 yards of him, before the defender does... no, I don't know what he does. Thanks all the same though.

edit: and I see the poster above me has exactly the same issue with players not happy with playing time.

Archived