Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.3.0

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have read this on other forums, I don't have it myself but there are enough people complaining about it to suggest SI have missed something.

I have it too, funny at first, but gets annoying quickly, something to do with graphics settings maybe?

I have it too, funny at first, but gets annoying quickly, something to do with graphics settings maybe?

It has to be something to do with certain cards and set ups, people saying the game was fine before and now saying that the players have lost all animation, they are just frozen and basically sliding up and down.

Certainly something for SI to work on, looks like there will be another update after all. ;)

Just made a huge set of changes - specially players made a bit better - but non of my changes is working in the game.

The game has updated to 15.3.0 - aswell as the editor - so this should not be the problem. I have also choosen the edit file in before starting the game, so this would not be the problem either...

Really looked forward for this update - but just to get so very dissapointed and frustrated :-(

Great work all day come home excited bout new update a game ive been playing from when it came out 20 years in 1 week into new update 7 players moaning about first team football and cant play in 3 d just for once can we have an update that makes this game better not worse i hardly ever post but am so fed up i just want to play the game.

Noticed something after updating the patch.

This is my squad on July 1st

http://i.gyazo.com/3c2b0c9090960da4435a6395cbab8744.png

And this is my squad on July 3rd

http://i.gyazo.com/2dfa0e3eb5a42e383bf8de08a2c28374.png

It fixed itself on July 11th but the same issue came back on summer transfer deadline day. This bug robbed me quite a lot of loan signings, think something might be wrong with the reputation.

I must be the only one not having these problems :confused:

That is the problem with these forums at times.

If some posters post they are having problems with something in the game a couple of other posters just blame the player, sometimes it is the game.

Playing FMC but it's the same ME so....

No issues with player animation.

Tackles are much improved and there seems to be a bit more of a midfield battle now and seemingly better defending around the penalty area,

Pressing is the best I have seen in FM. Players nick balls away and close down well.

Good to see player ratings high even if a player doesn't score or has an assist.

Shots seem about right. Have played three games. Away at Southampton and they had 11 with 3 on target. Me with 11 and 4. Result 1-1

Then away at Metalist. They had 11 and 2 and I had 15 and 5. Result I won 3-0

Home v Norwich I had 27 shots with 12 on target only 2 CCC's with Norwich with 6, 1 and 1. Result 1-1. I am hoping that was just a bad day in front of goal!!

Not too much of variety in goals at present. Mainly balls played through the middle and one screamer from Norwich! Hoping more variety as I go on.

One bug though. In match if you change to another tactic the Team Instructions are greyed out so you cannot adjust them if required,. You can go back to match (I'm old school I go to tactics screen to make changes!) and then go back to tactic screen and it's ok but at first change as I say the TI box is greyed out.

Real pity about the International bug where players stay for a whole year. Enjoying my save so don't really want to start again. Is there no possible workaround like a hotfix with an option to force them to retire from International football?!

Good that the Romanian league structure and schedule has been taken care of but other leagues remain ignored. Know it for sure for Indonesia, with a wrong calender ( basically 6 month idle!!!) and a cluster of death for 5,6 month.

I don't actually care particularly for Indonesia, but if it's in the game it should be proper. Especially with FMC mode, which I'm using more and more, where changes can't be made via editor.

Another thing I forgot to mention is that I'm missing widgets on the match screen. As you can see, the Performance and League Table are selected, but are nowhere to be seen. When I started my first post-patch game, the widgets had all shifted. I'm guessing they've maybe repositioned offscreen? Any ideas how to get them back?

HWBRK55.jpg

And by the way, I'm now up to ELEVEN reserves wanting more playing time. I've had no choice but to release a few of them as they were non-contract, but at this rate I'll have no backup soon.

If some posters post they are having problems with something in the game a couple of other posters just blame the player, sometimes it is the game.

I didn't blame the player. I simply suggested if the players complaining were doing so for a good reason.

But nothing is in the rulebook about what UEFA would do in that situation, it was assumed after the Europa winners were told they'd get a CL place that a country could have 6 clubs in the CL, UEFA haven't said anything to convince us that assumption is wrong, therefore I imagine SI will keep to their initial interpretation of the rules.

It's such an unlikely situation anyway :p

There was a debate about the 6th potential team on one of the podcast I listen to, it was on last year (might have been the Guardian's podcast), and they were discussing about what would happen in that scenario and how perhaps UEFA don't even know themselves.

Five clubs will be a maximum however. In the unlikely event of two clubs from the same country winning the Champions League and Europa League and both finishing outside of the domestic qualifying places, then those would still qualify for the Champions League but the side finishing fourth would miss out.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/uefa-confirm-champions-league-reward-for-winning-the-europa-league-8630925.html

• SI Staff
Noticed something after updating the patch.

This is my squad on July 1st

http://i.gyazo.com/3c2b0c9090960da4435a6395cbab8744.png

And this is my squad on July 3rd

http://i.gyazo.com/2dfa0e3eb5a42e383bf8de08a2c28374.png

It fixed itself on July 11th but the same issue came back on summer transfer deadline day. This bug robbed me quite a lot of loan signings, think something might be wrong with the reputation.

Could you post the issue in here please - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/450-Scouting

If you have save games from before these issues occur it would be great if you could upload them too.

Cheers,

Ben

I didn't blame the player. I simply suggested if the players complaining were doing so for a good reason.

You were implying there was no problem, I actually think you did not read all the posts about it and just jumped on saying there was a good reason that reserve and under 18 players were all asking for first team football.

Many people on different forums are reporting this so I would say there is a bigger problem than just "maybe they think they are ready for first team football".

I think player unhappiness due to playing time has been tuned up WAY TO HIGH. After my last match I had 3 players who played in last match complain about playing time even tho they just played. I thought it was already too high cause I usually play two separate teams and rotate every other match so everyone plays every other game. This use to be fine in years past but this year they complain regardless of their squad status cause I tried changing their status and they still complain. Hopefully this can be hotfixed ASAP cause it effects morale and can lead to players requesting to leave even when they are getting 30+ games a year.

You were implying there was no problem, I actually think you did not read all the posts about it and just jumped on saying there was a good reason that reserve and under 18 players were all asking for first team football.

Many people on different forums are reporting this so I would say there is a bigger problem than just "maybe they think they are ready for first team football".

I'm really not sure how you got all that from one 5 word sentence, so really no need to jump on him at all.

But most of the time it isn't!

Like it or not the users have an affect on the game and poor choices or bad management are usually at least partly to blame for issues.

Looking at my own save tonight I've played around 5/6 matches since updating, I've had two injuries in that time and no major squad management issues despite being at an ideal point to have problems (Recently took over a relegated club with several unhappy players because of the relegation). Despite having more problems to deal with than any club on any version of FM my squad harmony is still about 50% and the problems are being dealt with successfully by making good choices.

If this is your way of venting then I'll leave you to it.

Another thing I forgot to mention is that I'm missing widgets on the match screen. As you can see, the Performance and League Table are selected, but are nowhere to be seen. When I started my first post-patch game, the widgets had all shifted. I'm guessing they've maybe repositioned offscreen? Any ideas how to get them back?

Press "Restore All" at the bottom of the widget selection.

I'm really not sure how you got all that from one 5 letter sentence, so really no need to jump on him at all.

So quite a few people post about a lot of players complaining about not getting first team football, that includes reserve players and under 18s and it seems logical it could be that all these bit part squad members all feel they are ready for first team football at the same time?

So quite a few people post about a lot of players complaining about not getting first team football, that includes reserve players and under 18s and it seems logical it could be that all these bit part squad members all feel they are ready for first team football at the same time?

Let the devs and mods worry about what feedback is relevant.

Its logical that users have updated their saves and that the player interaction has been tweaked.

The tweaks have moved the trigger point and therefore as soon as the save has continued a response has been triggered.

If this is your way of venting then I'll leave you to it.

It is my way of venting that players can not come on these boards and say what issues they are having in the feedback thread without having the same 5 or 6 posters basically saying the game is not to blame and it is the players fault.

If I see a few people posting the same issues then there could very well be a problem even if I don't have it myself, some posters just give up on the forum as they are just put down by the same 5 or 6 posters about their issues.

Let SI read the issues and look into them and give their feedback.

Let the devs and mods worry about what feedback is relevant.

My post above covered that before I read what you wrote.

I can actually see the logic in it - if one or two u18s requested first team football, it might influence others of the same age to do so to, even moreso than senior players who have been around the game awhile.

Whether it's coded like that I have no idea.

With the Oceania bug - if you were to add another manager of the nation in question and release the player from international duty, would it end the absence?

Loving the new save speed, less than a few minutes - was taking about 10 mins previously

Also liking the size of the new match tactics drop down menu in the news item - nice

Something I've noticed - might be a bug ....might not :)

For the first time ever I am able to select overage players for an u19 friendly in Spain - good news as Luis Suarez was returning from injury and needed games.

The entire first team squad was available for selection for this game.

It could just be that this is the very first friendly my U19 team has ever had in 2.5 seasons but just though I'd mention it as I can understand why rules would only apply for league and cup for overage players but not in friendlies

Sure someone will correct me of its been there all along :)

Just to be clear from my previous post - none of the players that have complained about a lack of first team football are youngsters. They are all established first team players. I'm in a similar position to PicturePete insofar as having a heavily rotated squad. Whilst there is an argument that players wouldn't be happy about this in real life, there is also a balance to be had between realism and enjoyment. Pre-patch was at the limit of the realism in my opinion and, if this carries on, it will be to the detriment of my enjoyment of the game.

Yes, not thrilled about this patch either.

I'm Liverpool, with a pretty top team that ran away with the title the year before.

Only played 5 games or so, so far. So understandably a small sample.

I'm still winning games, but noticed the following problems:

1) 6-7 players injured in game in the last 3 games. ranging from 3-4 weeks to 3-4 months.

2) 3 players sent off in the last 5 games.

3) 2 players complained about 1st team playing time in this time period of approx. 2-3 weeks. My 19 year old 5th choice centreback (Sule) and a backup 3 star player (Pereyra). Both players only joined the club recently and only missed like the first 2-3 games. I'm still only at the end of Sept.

4) My players ratings have dived. The blackness masking seemed to have gone from alot of players as well. From recollection here's what happened to my players:

AB/PO AB/PO

Begovic 3.5/3.5 3/3

Flanagan 3/3.5 2.5/3

Moreno 3.5/4 2.5/3

Markovic 2.5/3-3.5 2/2-3

Gerrrad 2.5/2.5 2/2

Thiago 3.5/4 3/3

Can 2.5/4 2/3-4

Depay 2.5/4.5 2/3-4

Darmian 2.5/2.5 2/2

Samper 2.5/4-4.5 2/3.5-4.5

Pereyra 3/3 2.5/2.5

Murillo 2.5/2.5 2/2.5

etc

5) Got the feeling, there's alot of chances created. I regularly get around 30 shots off a game, which seems high. 29 shots for - 9 against v QPR away winning 3-1, 31-11 v Leverkussen away winning 2-1, 20-6 v Wolves home winning 3-1 with my second team, 21-8 v Notts Cty winning away 4-1 in the league cup with my second team, 34-7 v West Ham winning 4-1 away, beating Barcelona at home 2-1 with 22-15 shots.

in short - Too many chances created when a heavy favorite plays against a lower team, finishing has been borked due to too many chances being created and the defending still hasn't improved. The player interactions are worse than ever - my first choice full back wanted to leave so I let him, did a deal for the next transfer window, his morale is very poor which is fair enough but the second choice full back is also unhappy claiming that the first choice guy should be allowed to leave! so result is two very poor morale right full backs. At least I have no problems with my left backs - oh wait my first choice left back has disappeared on international duty for Ghana and hasn't returned for three weeks, the next international fixture is still two weeks away. All in all my game is completely ruined by this so called "update"

In general I like the patch. To summarise what I like/dislike the most and things ive noticed:

Pros:

- (so far) No more fluke rebound goals which were the cause of about 80% of my goals conceded

- I can actually switch to my counter attacking tactic when protecting a lead in the late stages and see some wonderful counter attacking plays. Before it just felt like we were defending and wasting counter opportunities, now the counter attacks are so swift and realistic

- General Bs seems to be cut out. Kind of ties with my first point, freekick rebounds, outrageous gk mistakes, centre backs needlessly wandering out of position. They all seem to have been fixed well

- although the patch notes claimed it was a "rare case", it happened to me very often that players would ask for permission to leave despite there being no interest in them whatsoever. Good to see this fixed

- saving time OMG thank you. Feels like the game saves at the speed of light now in comparison to what it was before.

probably a few more good points that I cant remember off the top of my head but those were the main ones. Now the bad points

cons:

- Feel like the players complaining about first team football has got worse. Players who have played 4 straight 90mins are complaining when theyre rested for a fa cup tie, never had problems with this pre patch.

- don't know if its just me, but it seems as though chance conversion has got a lot worse. Players smashing 1 v 1s 5 yards wide, shooting first time when they have the time and space to control and take a few touches before shooting, the lot. Chance conversion seems to have taken a massive hit, and now looking back at the games I played, im conceding and scoring more long range efforts and "unlikely" chances whilst scoring and conceding a LOT less clear cut and one on one chances. Maybe its in my head, this "issue" is a lot harder to justify, as I cant say "pre patch he would have scored that" without any concrete evidence

- I kind of hoped attacking headers would be tweaked. I felt that sometimes headers were unrealistically "soft" and lacked any power. Players like llorente and Andy Carroll are almost rendered useless as many crosses to their head is a soft header straight at the keeper or wide, when in fact some of these players can head the ball with a huge amount of force

probs about it as far as I can remember. Overall im happy with the patch though

*sighs* Played a month worth of matches in 15.2, when my old computer decided to freeze, so I had no save, but then 15.3 came out, so that made me more positive towards playing all those games again.

The matches I lost, had been strong and very solid wins, but in 15.3 my team fell apart, star players got 5.x scores. I can't explain why they are doing so badly, so I didn't post right away, but then I just noticed, I bought Naymar years ago, he is team captain, but in the assman report he is now listed as completely and utterly unable to blend into the squad.

I don't know if this is the primary reason for the team falling apart, but having your team captain suddenly be like a new player, can't be healthy.

Just to be clear from my previous post - none of the players that have complained about a lack of first team football are youngsters. They are all established first team players. I'm in a similar position to PicturePete insofar as having a heavily rotated squad. Whilst there is an argument that players wouldn't be happy about this in real life, there is also a balance to be had between realism and enjoyment. Pre-patch was at the limit of the realism in my opinion and, if this carries on, it will be to the detriment of my enjoyment of the game.

Its not just a question of balance though you need to look at it from a wider perspective and be able to judge it from a neutral POV.

Extra information such as:

A) Your rep and current level of your discipline attribute?

B) What team are you managing in and which league? Whats the league rep?

C) What are the squad status of the players complaining?

D) How many games have they played/started in the current season? How many have your team played?

E) What are their personalities?

When you consider all that you have much more information and be able to make an unbiased and informed judgement as to whether the players have a realistic issue or not.

Archived