Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.3.0

Game overall runs significantly slower for me. Like pinwheel when I hit "Submit team" and it's loading the graphics for the team selection screen. I've cleared/verified and all that jazz, even going back to the default skin and it just doesn't run well. Replacing players in the team selection screen when I drag/drop gets a pinwheel. Just... awful awful slow. I don't get it.

With the skin, I got this pre-match (assuming it's the fault of the skin) -- http://imgur.com/XnMdH1e

Then when the game is running, everyone floats around with their arms out wide and there is no animation whatsoever. -- http://imgur.com/MAKTpkU

I *think* the ME improvements are better... it seems players attack space better, but I can't really tell what happened in some things because there is no animation.

I also STILL get random crashes when I hit to start a match, on OSX 10.10.1. This has been a constant issue though, since FM13.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just had the same experience when playing 3D. They're running around with arms stretched out and like on rails.

Also had trouble with some other skins so I removed them, using the default dark skin. Tried to look for the preferences folder to delete but it wasn't found. Verified cache and in game cleared cache and reloaded.

For what player on what screen at what point in the season? If you think it's a bug could you please raise it on the bugs forum rather than in this thread? - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/437-Football-Manager-2015-Bugs-Forum

Thanks.

Happens with any player in my Derby team.

Know other people that are having the same issue in their saves.

I never know which section of the bugs forum to post in.

Which would would you suggest? IMO it could go in UI or Interactions or Other

The rules should be put in the game as they are in the rulebook, it shouldn't assume they'll make exceptions!

Do you have any source for that at all?

But nothing is in the rulebook about what UEFA would do in that situation, it was assumed after the Europa winners were told they'd get a CL place that a country could have 6 clubs in the CL, UEFA haven't said anything to convince us that assumption is wrong, therefore I imagine SI will keep to their initial interpretation of the rules.

It's such an unlikely situation anyway :p

There was a debate about the 6th potential team on one of the podcast I listen to, it was on last year (might have been the Guardian's podcast), and they were discussing about what would happen in that scenario and how perhaps UEFA don't even know themselves.

• Administrators
Happens with any player in my Derby team.

Know other people that are having the same issue in their saves.

I never know which section of the bugs forum to post in.

Which would would you suggest? IMO it could go in UI or Interactions or Other

UI please, thanks.

• Administrators
totally rubbish patch ruined my llm save thanks si work on all areas of the game totally *****

One thing we ask for at the start of this thread was constructive feedback. From what you've written we have absolutely no idea what you're problem is. Please try posting again but this time minus the foul language and with a bit more information so we can potentially help. Thanks.

Still no fix of the personalities for PreGens? :( .... They still don't have negative personalities in the game. 'Balanced' is still the worst one shown. Only NewGens have negative personalities.

Tried editing a player who is in the starting database to have Ambition = 1 & Loyalty = 12, and he doesn't change to 'Unambitious'. He stays 'Balanced'.

Example:

PersonalitiesComparison.png

First player is a Generated player at start of the game to fill out my youth team, the second one is in the team in the database to begin with. I edited the second one to have the same stats at the generated player, but they don't have the same personality.

• Administrators
Game overall runs significantly slower for me. Like pinwheel when I hit "Submit team" and it's loading the graphics for the team selection screen. I've cleared/verified and all that jazz, even going back to the default skin and it just doesn't run well. Replacing players in the team selection screen when I drag/drop gets a pinwheel. Just... awful awful slow. I don't get it.

With the skin, I got this pre-match (assuming it's the fault of the skin) -- http://imgur.com/XnMdH1e

Then when the game is running, everyone floats around with their arms out wide and there is no animation whatsoever. -- http://imgur.com/MAKTpkU

I *think* the ME improvements are better... it seems players attack space better, but I can't really tell what happened in some things because there is no animation.

I also STILL get random crashes when I hit to start a match, on OSX 10.10.1. This has been a constant issue though, since FM13.

Please raise the issue here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/444-Mac-Specific-Issues

Thanks.

• Administrators
Still no fix of the personalities for PreGens? :( .... They still don't have negative personalities in the game. 'Balanced' is still the worst one shown. Only NewGens have negative personalities.

Tried editing a player who is in the starting database to have Ambition = 1 & Loyalty = 11, and he doesn't change to 'Unambitious'. He stays 'Balanced'.

Example:

First player is a Generated player at start of the game to fill out my youth team, the second one is in the team in the database to begin with. I edited the second one to have the same stats at the generated player, but they don't have the same personality.

This is a feedback thread. If you think it's a bug please raise it on the bugs forum here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/455-All-Other-Issues

Thanks.

Is anyone else noticing a insane amount of shots? I played two games post patch - one with my league team one with my international team and had a crazy amount of shots in each. The real worry is my Juventus team was up against Inter which was first vs second in the league, there is no way in the history of the game a 1st vs 2nd game produced 40+ shots for one team.

SskmE5O.jpg

zU6U9Yu.jpg

• Administrators
"Your game could not be saved".

I can no longer save my multiplayer game.

Edit: My singleplayer save can't be saved either. Plus the pitch on the tactics screen look weird? There are no stripes on the green field. And when I move a player it takes significantly longer than normal. And I can't take screenshots. This is a mess..

Edit 2: I can't import tactics either.

Please create a thread here and we can look into it for you - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/462-PC-Specific-Issues

Thanks.

• Administrators
Tactic screen doing that incredibly annoying thing where Columns at the end disappear when you resize.

This bug was fixed by a previous patch but now is back....

Can you please raise it on our UI forums here? - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/448-User-Interface

Thanks.

• Administrators
I did .. in 15.1.1 on the 9th of November :) ... had hoped it would have been fixed in this patch. Thus feedbacking on the missing fix ;)

Please create a new team informing the UI team so they can investigate the issue and see if/how it's come back! :)

Thanks.

I just had the same experience when playing 3D. They're running around with arms stretched out and like on rails.

Also had trouble with some other skins so I removed them, using the default dark skin. Tried to look for the preferences folder to delete but it wasn't found. Verified cache and in game cleared cache and reloaded.

Same for me :( No animation, just constantly arms outstretched!

Anyone able to confirm in game if the season ticket issue with Boca Juniors has been fixed?

They currently get something silly like 50m, but hopefully that has been altered to be realistic.

Also any other Argentinian league changes at all? ie to replicate the new season, im sure the current game dosent have the 30th 'Derby' weekend implemented?

Is anyone else noticing a insane amount of shots? I played two games post patch - one with my league team one with my international team and had a crazy amount of shots in each. The real worry is my Juventus team was up against Inter which was first vs second in the league, there is no way in the history of the game a 1st vs 2nd game produced 40+ shots for one team.

Not according to this guy, and therein lies the challenge :)

Anyone else noticed a distinct lack of shots, clear cut chances and general attacking play since the new patch? Not complaining just wondering.

Any reason the 'Start training for new position' is greyed out?

Ok, so it seems its because of staff responsibility.

If staff responsibility is set for a staff member and not myself assigns individual training. Pretty sure that wasnt the case previously.

Either way, regardless of if I want to micro manage players or not, I should be able to tell them I want them to play a different role and not have the option removed.

Is anyone else noticing a insane amount of shots?

Yes, I have. I have only played two games - so a small sample size - and one of them was away to Real Madrid in the Champions League (I am PSV) but I have conceded 75 shots in those two games. 50 against Real and 25 against AZ (away). It seems far far too easy to be able to either dribble or pass the ball into the box as compared to pre-patch. Most of the shots I saw were balls that were cleared and then either dribble directly into the box or passed.

For contrast, my previous 2 away games I only conceded 18 shots (against weaker opposition though). Previously the most shots I conceded was away to Atletico, where they had 22 shots. I realise that this so far is from 2 away games, one where I was chewed up and spat out by Real. My next game is home to a team in 15th, so I will see what happens here.

So this is not entirely negative, I am happy about the save game time. This was the main thing I disliked about the previous patch.

• Administrators
Anyone able to confirm in game if the season ticket issue with Boca Juniors has been fixed?

They currently get something silly like 50m, but hopefully that has been altered to be realistic.

Also any other Argentinian league changes at all? ie to replicate the new season, im sure the current game dosent have the 30th 'Derby' weekend implemented?

Do you know if the Boca season ticket issue was raised previously on the forums? If so, do you have a link to the thread? That way it'll make it easier for me to check. Thanks.

• Administrators
Yes, I have. I have only played two games - so a small sample size - and one of them was away to Real Madrid in the Champions League (I am PSV) but I have conceded 75 shots in those two games. 50 against Real and 25 against AZ (away). It seems far far too easy to be able to either dribble or pass the ball into the box as compared to pre-patch. Most of the shots I saw were balls that were cleared and then either dribble directly into the box or passed.

For contrast, my previous 2 away games I only conceded 18 shots (against weaker opposition though). Previously the most shots I conceded was away to Atletico, where they had 22 shots. I realise that this so far is from 2 away games, one where I was chewed up and spat out by Real. My next game is home to a team in 15th, so I will see what happens here.

So this is not entirely negative, I am happy about the save game time. This was the main thing I disliked about the previous patch.

Bear in mind the match engine has changed - I know it's frustrating when a tactic works in one version but then doesn't in another, but it very much sounds like your tactic is wide open. It may be worth raising on the match engine bugs forum if you think there's a specific problem with how the shots are occurring.

Why is closing down/tackling still not fixed? Defenders are still incapable of making challenges when the opposition is running at them and making passes, all they ever do is to keep backpeddling and not making attempts to close down and challenge even when specifically instructed to close down more and tight-mark. This is the main reason for the insane amount of shots/goals in matches as reported by many players. This problem has existed since beta and is still not addressed after almost half a year. Very disappointing to say the least.

Played a few games. Amount of shots seems the same as before. Some games with 5 between some times and 35 in others. Almost like real life some may say? Unless it's against them of course. I mean who knows, Football may actually be a game of variables?

Some very good counter attacking, and now players attributes seem to play into the ME in terms of touch and passing. Rather than bombing forward, strikers now actually run back into their own half and pass back to create space.

Bear in mind the match engine has changed - I know it's frustrating when a tactic works in one version but then doesn't in another, but it very much sounds like your tactic is wide open. It may be worth raising on the match engine bugs forum if you think there's a specific problem with how the shots are occurring.

Oh I won the second game because I had 25 shots too =P. I found it odd because normally we have around 12-15 shots per game unless playing at home to a weaker team. Should probably have mentioned that =D. I am also seeing something similar in AI games, lots of shots but almost no goals. Like I said, I will keep an eye on it over the rest of my season to see whether this is a genuine trend or if it is indeed something I have got wrong tactically.

Do you know if the Boca season ticket issue was raised previously on the forums? If so, do you have a link to the thread? That way it'll make it easier for me to check. Thanks.

Hi, thanks for replying.

It was raised here in the data forum and acknowledged by the Researcher i believe...http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/399791-Argentina-(Official)-Data-Issues

PMLF brings it up in post 3 or 4 and the discussion is the later in the thread.

• Administrators
Hi, thanks for replying.

It was raised here in the data forum and acknowledged by the Researcher i believe...http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/399791-Argentina-(Official)-Data-Issues

PMLF brings it up in post 3 or 4 and the discussion is the later in the thread.

Okay if the researcher was made aware of it and acknowledged it, I'm pretty certain he would have fixed it in the database. Please check and confirm but as said, I'm pretty certain it'll be resolved.

This has to be something I am missing but I can not think of what it is.

I had a couple of players training for a new position, this was last season and after the update I decided to check just to make sure they were still set to train for the new positions.

The 2 players have this option blanked out, I have never seen that before, I checked the rest of the team and every player has the option to train for a new position blanked out.

Is this something new that has happened in this update or am I just missing something?

Why is closing down/tackling still not fixed? Defenders are still incapable of making challenges when the opposition is running at them and making passes, all they ever do is to keep backpeddling and not making attempts to close down and challenge even when specifically instructed to close down more and tight-mark. This is the main reason for the insane amount of shots/goals in matches as reported by many players. This problem has existed since beta and is still not addressed after almost half a year. Very disappointing to say the least.

This is the first "Could it be your tactics?" post of the thread, so I'm proud :D

I find the settings to be far more reactive than before. A Stopper clearly stops, whereas a Defend or Cover Duty partner alongside will not. A player instructed to Close Down More does noticeably more (to my eyes) than a player alongside who does not. We have already had people reporting less shots, more shots, the same shots. Who's right? It's all about how you interact with your own game world.

This has to be something I am missing but I can not think of what it is.

I had a couple of players training for a new position, this was last season and after the update I decided to check just to make sure they were still set to train for the new positions.

The 2 players have this option blanked out, I have never seen that before, I checked the rest of the team and every player has the option to train for a new position blanked out.

Is this something new that has happened in this update or am I just missing something?

Check your staff responsibilities. Someone else in the thread had theirs changed when updating to the new patch.

This has to be something I am missing but I can not think of what it is.I had a couple of players training for a new position, this was last season and after the update I decided to check just to make sure they were still set to train for the new positions.The 2 players have this option blanked out, I have never seen that before, I checked the rest of the team and every player has the option to train for a new position blanked out.Is this something new that has happened in this update or am I just missing something?
I posted about this already. Thought it was a bug but don't think it is, more like poor implementation.
Ok, so it seems its because of staff responsibility.If staff responsibility is set for a staff member and not myself assigns individual training. Pretty sure that wasnt the case previously.Either way, regardless of if I want to micro manage players or not, I should be able to tell them I want them to play a different role and not have the option removed.

I've looked at the update for the first time, and while I was scrolling through the Premier League team profiles, I found this:

2015-02-25_00001_zpsyena2gi7.jpg

I thought it might be related to my real names fix from (ahem) another site, but having looked into the files, I couldn't find anything wrong.

Any ideas? Should I report this anywhere?

We have people posting screenies of 40/50 shots in matches as well. I have CB on stopper duty+ close down more/tight mark and it doesn't help at all, and they do is backpeddle and remain extremely passive. You're basically in for it and sitting duck when the opposition adopts an attacking stance. Changing the mentality to attacking , uping the tempo, and utilizing a high d-line did not help things either. For me, it's obvious that not much has been done to rectify this defensive problem. There's no mention of closing down fixes in the patch notes as well.

Couldn't find this posted elsewhere - so apologies if it was and I have missed it

Running FM Classic - 15.3.0 610347 (m.e v1555)

Martin Odegaard - is in twice - With Real Madrid C and his old club Stromsgodset

Dont think any of my files are corrupting it.

Apologies in advance if its me

Archived